Photo

Indy Legends (Wii)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 GPLEagle

GPLEagle

• 88 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 16:01

I am trying to find this game in the UK, but can only find US versions, which I believe will not work.
Is this game available in the UK, and is it worth getting?

Many thanks

Advertisement

#2 Arrows4Ever

Arrows4Ever

• 831 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 19:13

I don't know but if ever you want a US copy, I can help...

Actually, a canadian copy...;)

#3 BorderReiver

BorderReiver

• 9,957 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 00:00

I've got it (in the UK) I had to buy it on import and play it through the use of Freeloader (which is a bit of software that frees up your Wii's region coding).

As for the game itself, it's alright, fun in an arcadey sort of way, but don't expect a deep simulation (though the year by year modelling of the Indy circuit itself is rather nifty).

It's a good blast, but not ground breaking.

I have to say it's worth getting it you're interested in the Indy 500's history though, because there are some lovely photos and bits of footage on the disc covering the decade in question.

#4 GPLEagle

GPLEagle

• 88 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 02:34

Thank you. I will look into the option!
Also thanks for the views on the game itself BorderReiver, it is pretty much as I expected. I am looking for it as a bit of fun, but with the added bonus of the Indy 500 history.
For a good simulation, I still rely on GPL!! 10 years after its release, it is still the best for me.

#5 BorderReiver

BorderReiver

• 9,957 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 10:43

Originally posted by GPLEagle

For a good simulation, I still rely on GPL!! 10 years after its release, it is still the best for me.

You're not alone, must as I like Rfactor, the GTR series, and the other Simbin stuff it's GPL I keep going back to. It's just something about the feel of it . . .