Photo

Westwood Racing Circuit - Canada

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 HistoricMustang

HistoricMustang

• 4,489 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 01:04

Am off a bit here gentlemen so please help out for the Westwood Racing Circuit in Canada.

Henry

Posted Image

Posted Image

Advertisement

#2 TEJ

TEJ

• 85 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 05:56

If you use the coordinates N49 18 35, W122 47 08 in Google Earth you can see the site.
There is a band of undeveloped land that contains most of turn three and half of the back straight up to deer's leap (the top right hand portion of the track in the photo) that remain, overgrown.
Tom Johnston

#3 HistoricMustang

HistoricMustang

• 4,489 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 12:23

Originally posted by TEJ
If you use the coordinates N49 18 35, W122 47 08 in Google Earth you can see the site.
There is a band of undeveloped land that contains most of turn three and half of the back straight up to deer's leap (the top right hand portion of the track in the photo) that remain, overgrown.
Tom Johnston

Thanks Tom.

Will give it another try this evening. With first try this AM I was totally lost (again).

Henry

#4 Rob Semmeling

Rob Semmeling

• 913 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 12:45

From the GERCA thread:

Posted Image

Made with help of Tom's excellent Westwood book.

#5 HistoricMustang

HistoricMustang

• 4,489 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 22:04

Thanks Rob!

Henry :wave:

#6 raceannouncer2003

raceannouncer2003

• 2,944 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 07:42

And this from Glen Hartley (don't know if he's related to Brendon), Golf Event Manager at Westwood Plateau Golf and Country Club...we hope to have a tour of the site of the former track as part of our Westwood reunion next July:

"...From what I have been told, the old finish line runs right down the 18th fairway in front of the Country Club Clubhouse...I have attached a map of where the two facilities are in relation to the race track (pardon the penmanship)..."

Posted Image

The "two facilities" he refers to are the Westwood Plateau Golf and Country Club and the Westwood Plateau Golf Academy. We plan on golfing at the Academy before the tour of the Golf and Country Club. More here:

http://www.westwoodp...e/312-15452.htm

Vince H.

#7 Manfred Cubenoggin

Manfred Cubenoggin

• 977 posts

Posted 21 December 2008 - 11:27

One of these days, I hope to read of a golf course or housing development being torn up...to build a race track! :)