Live For Speed

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MichaelPM

MichaelPM

• 3,066 posts

Posted 24 December 2008 - 18:06

http://www.lfs.net/

How has this not has its own thread yet?

I can't really play it any more myself or in the near future because I can't get a solid setup for my steering wheel but when I did it was the best around and was only getting better and better. Best community for such a sim atleast and the physics are better then most final release games out there.

Good times having some very close, clean and competative races online. :up:

Advertisement

#2 BunnyK

BunnyK

• 444 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 18:26

There was a thread but I assume it died long ago. The are some lfsers among us: /showthread.php?s=&threadid=103999

It is a great sim, not perfect, the rubber still heats too fast and sooner as you lower the pressure of the tyres : but I agree it has one of the best physics, I would say the best thing about it is the force feedback, it is very accurate, doesn't have all the prefabricated effects when you hit a kerb or reach a certain speed.

BUT, the BMW F1 is not the best modelled car, in fact it is not very realistic you should watch some WR, perhaps rFactor is better in that aspect, and there are some mods to fix the FF.

I race in a spanish league: www.liveforspeed.es but wouldn't mind doing some short races with some people here.

s! :)

#3 MichaelPM

MichaelPM

• 3,066 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 17:01

Yea its got some issues but its not even a full release yet, a lot more impressive that its still basically beta software and its only 3 guys developing it.

Got me looking on youtube (those slowmo videos showing tyre deformation turn me on!) at videos of it again, is it just me or have they truely captured the true essence and feel of motorsports?

If I remember right the Formula BMW's are the most fun and competative..takes less skill then the Forumla v8 or BMW F1 anyway. Some of the best races I have had was in the Mini (uf...something I forget) in a field that where mostly in those gti cars which had slightly more power and top speed but through the corners the Mini was superior...great cat and mouse stuff.

#4 BunnyK

BunnyK

• 444 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 20:15

Originally posted by MichaelPM
Got me looking on youtube (those slowmo videos showing tyre deformation turn me on!) at videos of it again, is it just me or have they truely captured the true essence and feel of motorsports?

You should look at some of the videos of unokeva, a member of the Spanish community: http://www.lfsforum....ead.php?t=51798

Hope one day lfs looks like that :love: