Jump to content


Photo

Predictions for what will happen in 2009 between Mosley/Ecclestone?


  • Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 ybee02

ybee02
  • Member

  • 97 posts
  • Joined: October 06

Posted 25 January 2009 - 17:14

For year now we motor racing fans have had to put up with Max Mosley and Bernie Ecclestone, we always seem to get the odd rumour of a split from F1 by Bernie. So what are your predictions for the rumours this year?

This year there is the return of the Formula Two championship and next year Bernie wants Formula Master to become GP3. So it still makes me think this could happen. Also I belive Bernie patented the title of GP1, so we could end up with a complete series of rivals to FIA championships in the future.

F1 GP1
F2 GP2
F3 GP3


P.S sorry if this has been posted or is a pointless thread!

Advertisement

#2 Chubby_Deuce

Chubby_Deuce
  • Member

  • 5,917 posts
  • Joined: July 04

Posted 25 January 2009 - 18:21

Who would sanction it?

#3 pRy

pRy
  • Member

  • 10,874 posts
  • Joined: March 99

Posted 25 January 2009 - 18:29

Whatever they do is for the mutual benefit of Bernie and Max.. it always has been.

#4 giacomo

giacomo
  • Member

  • 6,977 posts
  • Joined: December 05

Posted 25 January 2009 - 19:36

They will make it up with each other, take all others for a ride and celebrate that with a huge whipping with dozens of cheap hookers.

#5 Ocelot

Ocelot
  • Member

  • 681 posts
  • Joined: May 08

Posted 25 January 2009 - 20:38

Whatever they do is for the mutual benefit of Bernie and Max.. it always has been.


This looks like they aren't seeing eye to eye...
http://www.pitpass.c...es_art_id=36888

#6 Chicken McNuggets

Chicken McNuggets
  • Member

  • 828 posts
  • Joined: June 08

Posted 25 January 2009 - 21:25

Originally posted by Ocelot


This looks like they aren't seeing eye to eye...
http://www.pitpass.c...es_art_id=36888


Risking going slightly off-topic here, and I never read Pitpass really... but "a separate podium ceremony for the champion seems logical"? News to me! Why, do people forget who he was? :confused: I thought the purpose of a ceremonial hailing of the champion was that of the FIA Gala. In formal, ceremonial terms at least, Brazil was just another race. He was fifth, so why would he be on the podium? A very strange remark there.

Ditto with the third paragraph from the bottom. I thought all the controversies in 2008 at least generally had to do with on-track conduct, ie. Hamilton/Raikkonen at Spa; the perceived large quantity of penalties doled out to McLaren; the response to the Bourdais/Massa collision and Massa's pitlane release at Valencia (I think it was), not the pre-race state of the car (the Spa/Valencia incidents obviously being the two I'm mainly referring to as they both involved post-race decisions if I recall). Are a few of the writers of these articles acquiring a Mosley-or-Ecclestone-like tendency for making slightly bizarre and erratic looking observations totally out of the blue, lol.

#7 Ocelot

Ocelot
  • Member

  • 681 posts
  • Joined: May 08

Posted 25 January 2009 - 21:44

Are a few of the writers of these articles acquiring a Mosley-or-Ecclestone-like tendency for making slightly bizarre and erratic looking observations totally out of the blue, lol.


That would not surprise me - anyone who thinks along their lines must be seriously disturbed!

#8 Pharazon

Pharazon
  • Member

  • 1,109 posts
  • Joined: August 08

Posted 25 January 2009 - 21:57

seems to me that Bernies loosing his marbles, in a big way....

and max is just evil max as usual


who wins in a battle between crazy and evil?

#9 Ali_G

Ali_G
  • Member

  • 18,139 posts
  • Joined: August 00

Posted 25 January 2009 - 22:48

[insert some sort of double entendre in regards to Max]

#10 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast
  • Member

  • 4,315 posts
  • Joined: March 08

Posted 25 January 2009 - 22:53

Posted Image

Septic Slarti's predictions for 2009:

Bernie will reveal that Max's favourite film is "Valkyrie" (because the good guy wins).

Bernie will try to break-up FOTA by bribing Ferrari.

Max will try to break-up FOTA by threatening everyone.

Max will try to call Sir Jackie Stewart "an intellectually-challenged functional illiterate", fail and settle for "short-arsed muppet".

Bernie will suggest that the teams don't understand F1.

Max will try to call Martin Whitmarsh "an intellectually-challenged functional illiterate", fail and settle for "dim-wit".

Bernie will claim that without a concord agreement, neither teams nor the FIA should be able to determine the rules of F1 and that it is clearly the responsibility of the commercial rights-holder to do so.

Max will claim that only he can stop Bernie taking over F1.

Max will stand for re-election because "I was reluctantly persuaded to continue by all my many friends who insist that no-one else can do the job".

There will be rumours of a 'stalking horse' from outside motorsport standing against Max.

Max will say that on no account should anyone with a business background from outside motorsport be allowed to be FIA president on the grounds that they don't understand F1, have no contacts, and "look at the mess they made of" their last job/company/industry/country's economy.

Bernie will offer to buy Williams.

Max will call Sir Frank Williams a "dinosaur" who is long overdue for retirement.

Bernie's deal to buy Williams will fall through, he will privately blame Max 'Bigmouth' Mosley.

In October, Bernie will say the best man won the championship and the best man won the presidency.

In November, Max will come up with a new set of rules and set the teams a three week deadline to accept them if they want to be allowed to race next year.

In December, Max will invade Poland.

Finally, on 31st December 2009, Septic Slarti will edit this post to make all his predictions appear to have been accurate.

#11 HoldenRT

HoldenRT
  • Member

  • 5,300 posts
  • Joined: May 05

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:46

Originally posted by Slartibartfast
Posted Image

Septic Slarti's predictions for 2009:

Bernie will reveal that Max's favourite film is "Valkyrie" (because the good guy wins).

Bernie will try to break-up FOTA by bribing Ferrari.

Max will try to break-up FOTA by threatening everyone.

Max will try to call Sir Jackie Stewart "an intellectually-challenged functional illiterate", fail and settle for "short-arsed muppet".

Bernie will suggest that the teams don't understand F1.

Max will try to call Martin Whitmarsh "an intellectually-challenged functional illiterate", fail and settle for "dim-wit".

Bernie will claim that without a concord agreement, neither teams nor the FIA should be able to determine the rules of F1 and that it is clearly the responsibility of the commercial rights-holder to do so.

Max will claim that only he can stop Bernie taking over F1.

Max will stand for re-election because "I was reluctantly persuaded to continue by all my many friends who insist that no-one else can do the job".

There will be rumours of a 'stalking horse' from outside motorsport standing against Max.

Max will say that on no account should anyone with a business background from outside motorsport be allowed to be FIA president on the grounds that they don't understand F1, have no contacts, and "look at the mess they made of" their last job/company/industry/country's economy.

Bernie will offer to buy Williams.

Max will call Sir Frank Williams a "dinosaur" who is long overdue for retirement.

Bernie's deal to buy Williams will fall through, he will privately blame Max 'Bigmouth' Mosley.

In October, Bernie will say the best man won the championship and the best man won the presidency.

In November, Max will come up with a new set of rules and set the teams a three week deadline to accept them if they want to be allowed to race next year.

In December, Max will invade Poland.

Finally, on 31st December 2009, Septic Slarti will edit this post to make all his predictions appear to have been accurate.

Not bad.

#12 Snap Matt

Snap Matt
  • Member

  • 1,157 posts
  • Joined: January 09

Posted 26 January 2009 - 09:31

Originally posted by Chicken McNuggets


Risking going slightly off-topic here, and I never read Pitpass really... but "a separate podium ceremony for the champion seems logical"? News to me! Why, do people forget who he was? :confused: I thought the purpose of a ceremonial hailing of the champion was that of the FIA Gala. In formal, ceremonial terms at least, Brazil was just another race. He was fifth, so why would he be on the podium? A very strange remark there.

Ditto with the third paragraph from the bottom. I thought all the controversies in 2008 at least generally had to do with on-track conduct, ie. Hamilton/Raikkonen at Spa; the perceived large quantity of penalties doled out to McLaren; the response to the Bourdais/Massa collision and Massa's pitlane release at Valencia (I think it was), not the pre-race state of the car (the Spa/Valencia incidents obviously being the two I'm mainly referring to as they both involved post-race decisions if I recall). Are a few of the writers of these articles acquiring a Mosley-or-Ecclestone-like tendency for making slightly bizarre and erratic looking observations totally out of the blue, lol.

Surely the answer for Bernie is to change the FIA Gala in to something that people would want to watch on TV. Package it in to a 45 minute season review, throw in a few panel-selected prizes, try and extract some personality from a few of the drivers... it might pull in a couple of viewers on a wet Sunday afternoon.

His point on scutineering before the race does rather ignore the history of F1 teams making changes to their cars mid- or post-race in order to exploit an illegal advantage... I'd bet some of them where put in to practice by Mr Ecclestone in his time as a team boss too...

#13 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

  • 16,442 posts
  • Joined: May 04

Posted 26 January 2009 - 09:38

Originally posted by Slartibartfast
Posted Image

Septic Slarti's predictions for 2009:

I started laughing, and then stopped when I realised it all seemed so probable.

Especially the cheaty editing part. Oops. I mean especially the Max being re-elected part.

#14 Risil

Risil
  • Member

  • 13,731 posts
  • Joined: February 07

Posted 26 January 2009 - 15:42

Originally posted by Snap Matt


His point on scutineering before the race does rather ignore the history of F1 teams making changes to their cars mid- or post-race in order to exploit an illegal advantage... I'd bet some of them where put in to practice by Mr Ecclestone in his time as a team boss too...


Indeed, and probably the most blatant one too.

#15 Slartibartfast

Slartibartfast
  • Member

  • 4,315 posts
  • Joined: March 08

Posted 31 December 2009 - 12:59

Posted Image

Septic Slarti's predictions for 2009:

Bernie will reveal that Max's favourite film is "Valkyrie" (because the good guy wins). He will also reveal that Max prefers the term 'leader' to 'dictator'. In German, presumably.

Bernie will try to break-up FOTA by bribing Ferrari.

Max will try to break-up FOTA by threatening everyone.

Max will try to call Sir Jackie Stewart "an intellectually-challenged functional illiterate", fail and settle for "short-arsed muppet He gets upset when I talk about him".

Bernie Max will suggest that the teams don't understand F1.

Max will try to call Martin Whitmarsh Flavio Briatore "an intellectually-challenged functional illiterate", fail and settle for "dim-wit loony".

Bernie will claim that without a concord agreement, neither teams nor the FIA should be able to determine the rules of F1 and that it is clearly the responsibility of the commercial rights-holder to do so keep all the money.

Max will claim that only he can stop Bernie Luca di Montezemolo taking over F1.

Max will announce his retirement but then threaten to stand for re-election because "I was reluctantly persuaded to continue by all my many friends who insist that no-one else can do the job I am under pressure now from all over the world to stand for re-election".

There will be rumours of a 'stalking horse' from outside motorsport standing against Max.

Max will say that on no account should anyone with a business background from outside motorsport Ari Vatanen be allowed to be FIA president on the grounds that they don't understand F1, have no contacts, and "look at the mess they made of" their last job/company/industry/country's economy he is not Jean Todt.

Bernie will offer to buy Williams.

Max will call Sir Frank Williams a "dinosaur" who is long overdue for retirement.

Bernie's deal to buy Williams will fall through, he will privately blame Max 'Bigmouth' Mosley.

In October, Bernie will say the best man won the championship and the best man won the presidency.

In November, Max will come up with a new set of rules and set the teams a three week deadline to accept them if they want to be allowed to race next year. Then the nurse will give him his medication and he will remember he isn't 'leader' anymore. So he will come up with a new set of privacy laws for the country instead.

In December, Max will invade Poland attempt to re-write history in two articles in the Daily Telegraph. (But Poland is still on the agenda.)


Finally, on 31st December 2009, Septic Slarti will edit this post to make all his predictions appear to have been accurate reflect on how astonishingly accurate his predictions were and offer for sale (fake) blueprints of the TARDIS .

Heh heh, seamless editing, no-one will ever notice.








What?



Bugger!

#16 Sakae

Sakae
  • Member

  • 19,256 posts
  • Joined: December 03

Posted 31 December 2009 - 13:06

Last day of 2009, and despite some early friction for mishandling budgetary issues, those two are still friends, if we are to believe media. That is my last word on that subject for this year.

#17 Owen

Owen
  • Member

  • 10,467 posts
  • Joined: September 06

Posted 31 December 2009 - 13:43

Heh heh, seamless editing, no-one will ever notice.

That really is uncanny. :lol:
You did get the general gist of it right though. Just the detail was a bit 'off'.

#18 potmotr

potmotr
  • Member

  • 9,999 posts
  • Joined: January 08

Posted 31 December 2009 - 13:46

Impressive stuff! :)