Rubens' worst nightmare...

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#51 Dalek Caan

Dalek Caan

• 460 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 20:37

Originally posted by Josta

LOL. I take it you haven't been watching for long? In 2000, Michael won quali 9/8. In 2001, Rubens won quali 9/8. In 2004, Michael won quali 13/5, in 2006, Jenson won quali 13/5.

Total BS. :down:

Advertisement

#52 BMW_F1

BMW_F1

• 7,670 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 20:39

Originally posted by Josta

LOL. I take it you haven't been watching for long? In 2000, Michael won quali 9/8. In 2001, Rubens won quali 9/8. In 2004, Michael won quali 13/5, in 2006, Jenson won quali 13/5.

wow... I did watch but never paid as much attention as now specially to qualy.
Regardless, it is still not very clear to me as it was with Michael. This year that they both have a top car Button should dominate Rubens - if he does not, my suspicion was right on the money.

#53 BMW_F1

BMW_F1

• 7,670 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 20:41

Originally posted by giacomo

Your figures are just awsome. :lol:

Actually 2000 was 15-2 and 2001 16-1 in Schumachers favour.

that's what I thought.. I just checked and Josta is smoking something.. Shumi killed Rubens in qualy in those two years.. oh boy.. :stoned:

#54 raiseyourfistfor

raiseyourfistfor

• 2,177 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 20:51

Originally posted by tkulla
Actually, I would guess that Rubens' worst nightmare right now is wondering if he'll be able to outqualify Button. Jenson seems very comfortable with the car in race trim and seems to be able to set very quick times (and consistent longer stints) easier than Rubens. This could indicate that he is just quicker than Barrichello with fuel on board. So it's possible we could see a repeat of Melbourne over and over, with Rubens being slightly quicker in Q1 and Q2 but losing out with fuel on board in Q3.

Maybe he just got the setup wrong (he said understeer this week) but my bet is that he knows that he has to find speed in those conditions to have any chance at the WDC.

Rubens' car was damaged during the whole race...

#55 giacomo

giacomo

• 6,977 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 20:52

Originally posted by raiseyourfistfor

And who damaged his car?

#56 MikeTekRacing

MikeTekRacing

• 5,721 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 20:58

well if he stops hitting others he may find the car less damaged next time
his pass on kimi was awfully clumsy. you can't just bump people and pass them

#57 tkulla

tkulla

• 3,127 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 21:51

But it wasn't damaged during practice or during Q3. Button's times and stints in those session look better to me. But one weekend (plus testing) isn't enough for a definitive assessment. We'll know more after Malaysia, unless it rains.

#58 Barramut

Barramut

• 930 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 16:36

http://espnbrasil.te...SSAO DE RUBINHO

:lol:

#59 Turn 1

Turn 1

• 347 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 20:28

Its not even a debate, he'd go for the championship at the exspense of button winning it at that particular race. Any driver would, regardless of team orders!

Advertisement

#60 PassWind

PassWind

• 4,823 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 22:23

Originally posted by BMW_F1

that's what I thought.. I just checked and Josta is smoking something.. Shumi killed Rubens in qualy in those two years.. oh boy.. :stoned:

Yeah but that was written into the contract as well, also Bernie made all of the other teams sign contracts for thier cars not to beat the Ferrari's enough to win the WDC and WCC 2000-04 or they would'nt get any money. It was all a conspiracy and MS was actually very slow. MS had Max over a barrel less he broke the news that he moonlighted as the Dungeon Master in Max's Nazi era play house.

Had nothing to do with ability can not be true.

Anyway I would expect Rubens to go for it just like he could've at Ferrari if he was any where near the pace of MS, which he wasn't too often.

#61 krapmeister

krapmeister

• 5,539 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 02:58

Originally posted by PassWind
...Anyway I would expect Rubens to go for it just like he could've at Ferrari if he was any where near the pace of MS, which he wasn't too often.

Except for Austria 02...

#62 Ricardo F1

Ricardo F1

• 38,361 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 04:01

Button'd just pass him. :)

#63 Kelateboy

Kelateboy

• 5,791 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 07:06

Originally posted by kyriakos75

Rubens worst nightmare? Let me see....
What about being repeatedly outqualified by JB? Or being replaced midseason by Bruno Senna?

Barrichello is not that bad, and Button is that great either. If the Brawn GP cars are as competitive as they are in Melbourne for the rest of the season, Barrichello will have a chance to compete for WDC. He now has 8pt, only 2pt off his teammate's lead. I do not see any prospect of Senna coming in to replace Barrichello at anytime during the 2009 season.

#64 djned

djned

• 1,034 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 07:10

i like beer.

#65 PassWind

PassWind

• 4,823 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 07:26

Originally posted by krapmeister

Except for Austria 02...

Yep, by that stage I am pretty sure Ferrari had worked out who was the quicker of the two and team orders prevailed, which I am not against at all. Drivers do a job, if it's his job is to door gun for the team leader or the better driver then he best do his job. Teams don't care too much about fan opinions on the spirit of racing they just want to win by hook or by crook.

Yah I get all the romantic BS, but it has been the same since Fangio was down hill racing derby carts as a boy.

But in this case I would expect if Rubens is well of the lead in the WDC he will support Jenson of that I am sure, Rubens aint a Fanboy romantic.