Photo

Alonso 1st in Australia if diffuser teams disqualified

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 erpetao

erpetao

• 37 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:11

After Hamliton being disqualified, and considering the chance of the diffuser being declared illegal, we have Fernando Alonso as winner of the Australian GP. Is this a continuation of last year's last 6 races top form?

Also worth mentioning that Toyota, starting from boxes, finished 3rd and 4rd, impressive.

Advertisement

#2 Gilles4Ever

Gilles4Ever
  • RC Forum Admin

• 20,646 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:12

forget Alonso - double podium for the Sebatians :clap: :clap:

#3 GhostR

GhostR

• 2,704 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:19

Originally posted by erpetao
After Hamliton being disqualified, and considering the chance of the diffuser being declared illegal, we have Fernando Alonso as winner of the Australian GP. Is this a continuation of last year's last 6 races top form?

Also worth mentioning that Toyota, starting from boxes, finished 3rd and 4rd, impressive.

I believe it's already been confirmed that if the DD is found to be illegal that the Aussie and Malaysian race results will not be retroactively adjusted.

#4 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,744 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:19

Yes, and if my grandmother had testicles, he would be my grandfather

#5 Dalek Caan

Dalek Caan

• 460 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:21

Originally posted by GhostR

I believe it's already been confirmed that if the DD is found to be illegal that the Aussie and Malaysian race results will not be retroactively adjusted.

Yes, but would't Brawn have to pay FIA £130,000 as a punishment to keep the win(s)? I doubt they can afford to throw away money like that.

#6 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

• 16,870 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:23

If this came to pass, it would be the most incredible (in it's truest sense) race outcome since Singapore last year when Piquet coincidentally crashed at the very moment to give Alonso what I can only describe as an unbelievable win.

#7 erpetao

erpetao

• 37 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:24

Originally posted by Szoelloe
Yes, and if my grandmother had testicles, he would be my grandfather

Are there the same chances of the diffuser being declared illegal and your grandmother having testicles?

:rotfl:

#8 GhostR

GhostR

• 2,704 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:31

Originally posted by Dalek Caan

Yes, but would't Brawn have to pay FIA £130,000 as a punishment to keep the win(s)? I doubt they can afford to throw away money like that.

Where are you getting that from? :confused:

#9 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,744 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:35

Are there the same chances of the diffuser being declared illegal and your grandmother having testicles?

:rotfl:

Yes, as a matter of fact, I think the chances are the same

#10 erpetao

erpetao

• 37 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:41

Well, let's wait until the 14th then. :lol:

#11 skid solo

skid solo

• 2,214 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:43

Grasping at straws :down:

#12 HP

HP

• 14,356 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:44

Be careful, you might suddenly never have been born.;)

It's more likely that the verdict will be determined to the best for the championship... Whatever the outcome.

#13 howardt

howardt

• 2,102 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:47

I've just appied this same principle and worked backwards a few years, and it seems that if everyone in front of Alonso had been disqualified from every race, he would by now be a five-times world champion !! Go Fernando !!

#14 Szoelloe

Szoelloe

• 5,744 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:53

Originally posted by HP
Be careful, you might suddenly never have been born.;)

It's more likely that the verdict will be determined to the best for the championship... Whatever the outcome.

You are right, but I am well aware of the risks. It just happens to be my opinion. :)

#15 erpetao

erpetao

• 37 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:55

Originally posted by howardt
I've just appied this same principle and worked backwards a few years, and it seems that if everyone in front of Alonso had been disqualified from every race, he would by now be a five-times world champion !! Go Fernando !!

Is everyone who finished in front of Alonso in the last few years being investigated? Could you post a link?

If not, I don't see this as "same principle".

#16 daishi255

daishi255

• 276 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:57

Not that it will actually happen, but this is the final classification if that did happen. (All others not classified as finishing or DQed)

1. Fernando Alonso
2. Sebastien Buemi
3. Sebastian Bourdais
4. Adrian Sutil
5. Nick Heidfeld
6. Giancarlo Fisichella
7. Mark Webber
8. Sebastian Vettel
9. Robert Kubica
10. Kimi Räikkönen

C/ship standings would have STR in 1st!
STR 14
Renault 10
Force India 8
BMW Sauber 4
Red Bull 3

#17 krapmeister

krapmeister

• 5,607 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:58

Nothing wrong with the OP - it's an observation I made as well.

And if it were to happen - all 4 Red Bulls would be in the points...

#18 Ferrim

Ferrim

• 822 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 12:13

Originally posted by Dalek Caan

I very much prefer pay that (and 1 million, too) and keep my one (two?) wins and all my chances for the championship. By far.

#19 Youichi

Youichi

• 3,000 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 12:19

You believe wrong, the FIA ICA can and will do anything it likes, see today's lunacy for evidence.

Advertisement

#20 GhostR

GhostR

• 2,704 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 12:20

Is everyone who finished in front of Alonso in the last few years being investigated? Could you post a link?

Being pedantic: the DD teams aren't under investigation either.

#21 Hames Junt

Hames Junt

• 302 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 12:24

Originally posted by Ferrim

I very much prefer pay that (and 1 million, too) and keep my one (two?) wins and all my chances for the championship. By far.

I very much doubt that any team would have the option of what sounds like 'buying back your win'.

You'd either lose the win or place or whatever, or more than likely, the diffuser would be banned from the Chinese GP onwards.

I can't see any result being changed and I also can't see it being declared illegal.

#22 erpetao

erpetao

• 37 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 12:28

Being pedantic: the DD teams aren't under investigation either.

You are right, you are being pedantic. "Diffuser appeal hearing set for April 14".

The case is not closed yet.

#23 GhostR

GhostR

• 2,704 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 12:41

You are right, you are being pedantic. "Diffuser appeal hearing set for April 14".

The case is not closed yet.

No, but they've never been under investigation per F1 regs. They've been the subject of a protest that was rejected and then appealed, but they've never been under investigation.

Despite early confusion, the press has pretty much all been saying this week that if the appeal ends up declaring the diffuser illegal that the Melbourne and Sepang results will not be altered. Instead, the DD teams will be told they can't race the DD anymore from the 14th onwards. This is because the cars they raced last weekend had been declared legal.

#24 Atreiu

Atreiu

• 10,039 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 13:20

Good for him, but it's not exactly to write home about.

#25 Barramut

Barramut

• 930 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 13:24

No, no, Rubens will be #1 as Heikki smashed his diffusor at the start. ;)
RB did the whole race without it.

#26 Dragonfly

Dragonfly

• 4,496 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 14:14

BTW scrutineering must have passed there. Any info?

#27 tahadar

tahadar

• 499 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 14:31

this is the FIA we are talking about, so roughly i think its the same principle : )

#28 giltkid

giltkid

• 234 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 16:35

Who posts this rubbish? Is it just an urge to have a thread with your name on? Or just a mad desire to have your favourite car/driver win in your own little land of make believe? I checked - the guy who posted this is 34... 34 for chrissakes! I thought it had been put up by a 12 year old.

#29 Lazarus II

Lazarus II

• 4,527 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 17:33

If the whole pitlane is dq'ed - who wins? and would Bernie have to return any and/or all payments?

#30 erpetao

erpetao

• 37 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 18:04

Originally posted by skid solo

Grasping at straws :down:

Originally posted by howardt

Originally posted by giltkid
Who posts this rubbish? Is it just an urge to have a thread with your name on? Or just a mad desire to have your favourite car/driver win in your own little land of make believe? I checked - the guy who posted this is 34... 34 for chrissakes! I thought it had been put up by a 12 year old.

Originally posted by Lazarus II
If the whole pitlane is dq'ed - who wins? and would Bernie have to return any and/or all payments?

I feel a disturbance in the force. As if millions of Hamilton fanboys shouted in anger. :p

I'm just pointing out a curiosity that some may have missed: the driver who scored most points in the last 6 races in 2008 is the 1st without diffuser in Australia. Coincidence?

No need to be so rude in your responses, specially you giltkid, what's your problem? You sound like somebody with some mental problems or self esteem issues. Go to see a psychiatrist.

#31 erpetao

erpetao

• 37 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 13:50

Alonso: "It's not first time that Mclaren lies"

Lol, I'm going to grab the popcorn.. :rotfl:

#32 DarthWillie

DarthWillie

• 1,748 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 14:17

Doesn't the fact that the protest against them was BEFORE the race already change that? Not sure but would be logical (so probably wont happen :p )