Photo

Hamilton facing F1 world championship exclusion?

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#1 redhorse

redhorse

• 26 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 15:43

http://www.crash.net..._exclusion.html

wat the hell is goin out there

Advertisement

#2 otoelpiloto

otoelpiloto

• 1,691 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 15:44

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: such a liar doesn't deserve to drive a f1 car, give alonso's hungary 2007 victory back you cheater :down: :down:

#3 scheivlak

scheivlak

• 16,489 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 15:45

April 2 joke.

#4 Gareth

Gareth
  • RC Forum Host

• 27,600 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 15:48

Originally posted by redhorse

The report is true that further punishment is not ruled out and exclusion from the championship is a possible punishment as it is in the range of possible punishments. But it is based on nothing more than that, had there been a statement from someone in the FIA that this was an option being considered then there would be a proper story. As it is, it's a sensationalist spin on a story to try and generate hits.

give alonso's hungary 2007 victory back you cheater

That's ironic, given that at that event Alonso misled the stewards but got no penalty for it ...

#5 gincarnated

gincarnated

• 457 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 15:49

Oh god I hope this happens just for the hilarity. Put Lewis in an IRL car for the season please.

#6 Tenmantaylor

Tenmantaylor

• 18,126 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 15:55

Typical post controversial decision "it could have been worse, so take it and keep your mouth shut" BS

#7 BMW_F1

BMW_F1

• 7,670 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 15:56

Originally posted by otoelpiloto
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: ........, give alonso's hungary 2007 victory back you cheater :down: :down:

I wouldn't object to that at all.. ;)

#8 OfficeLinebacker

OfficeLinebacker

• 14,088 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 16:02

Originally posted by gincarnated
Oh god I hope this happens just for the hilarity. Put Lewis in an IRL car for the season please.

:rotfl:

Make him do ARCA and Trucks, maybe a limited Nationwide schedule.

Oh and he has to be Montoya's brolly dolly on Sundays.

#9 BMW_F1

BMW_F1

• 7,670 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 16:04

Originally posted by OfficeLinebacker

Make him do ARCA and Trucks, maybe a limited Nationwide schedule.

Oh and he has to be Montoya's brolly dolly on Sundays.

I think he'll do better than Speed.. I think he'll win the ARCA title which Speed failed to win on the last race..
From there he can become the next Kyle Busch if he lands a seat with Hendrick which he would have to dispute with Kaselowski.

#10 gibbo1

gibbo1

• 18 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 16:06

It would be far to big a loss financially to suspend/exclude Hamilton. As defending champ, he brings in a massive amount of interest, publicity and therefore revenue. There has been a massive increase in viewing figures in Britain, something like 5 times the usual number of viewers watched the Brazil race last year. F1, FIA and Big Bernie aren't as stupid as they sometimes come across - they know this is true, and as such won't disipline him, publically at least, to too great a level.

Had this been a "lesser" team I don't think their feet would touch the ground.

#11 Orin

Orin

• 8,444 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 16:09

Originally posted by Gareth

That's ironic, given that at that event Alonso misled the stewards but got no penalty for it ...

QFT. Hypocritical fanboys.

#12 ensign14

ensign14

• 61,998 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 16:11

Originally posted by Gareth

The report is true that further punishment is not ruled out and exclusion from the championship is a possible punishment as it is in the range of possible punishments.

The interesting thing would be the double punishment for the same act. Yet another extra-judicial sanction from the morons at the FIA.

I almost hope though they do exclude him from the championship. We might see the mother and father of all lawsuits. At which full disclosure of internal FIA documents would be required.

#13 Hotwheels

Hotwheels

• 2,851 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 16:13

Wow - That could be fantastic. Imagine - if Mclaren can scrap 2009 and have 15 months to do 2010. A new Era would begin.

#14 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • Admin

• 19,094 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 16:13

Originally posted by ensign14

I almost hope though they do exclude him from the championship. We might see the mother and father of all lawsuits. At which full disclosure of internal FIA documents would be required.

I relish the thought of that happening. However, the stakes will be much bigger and so too will the lies.

#15 plg101

plg101

• 60 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 16:15

Technically possible but unlikely.

Worst case is, I suspect, a suspended 3 race ban for repetition.....

#16 johnap

johnap

• 280 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 16:17

Originally posted by otoelpiloto
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: such a liar doesn't deserve to drive a f1 car, give alonso's hungary 2007 victory back you cheater :down: :down:

You know that Alonso struggles to beat Hamilton and because of that you would like to see Hamilton pushed out of the picture rather than see Alonso have to deal with him head-on.

#17 ensign14

ensign14

• 61,998 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 16:18

Originally posted by Buttoneer
I relish the thought of that happening. However, the stakes will be much bigger and so too will the lies.

Yeah, this is really a warning to McLaren not to appeal this latest decision or speak out against it, otherwise the cash cow is withdrawn.

#18 Macca

Macca

• 3,728 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 16:22

The issue is whether Hamilton should be third and Trulli fourth, or vice-versa; the stewards got it wrong first, based on incomplete data, so in a sensible world they'd reverse the decision and finalise the result as the order in which the cars on the track crossed the line. Exclusion from the race is just plain spiteful, and a mention of possible exclusion from the WC is a threat to deter any future argument about anything whatever.

Paul M

#19 BuzzingHornet

BuzzingHornet

• 6,190 posts

Yay a topic thats not about diffusers :lol:

Advertisement

#20 Cenotaph

Cenotaph

• 2,390 posts

Yellow Journalism.

#21 AyePirate

AyePirate

• 5,823 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 16:25

It'll never happen. Lewis is a marquee draw. If it does, Bernie will hire a couple of Corsican hitters :lol:

#22 RoutariEnjinu

RoutariEnjinu

• 2,442 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 16:26

Ham should go to A1GP and get us a win :lol:

Maybe McLaren could design next years car, and make it faster than 09 F1 cars just to take the premier crown and stick it to them :p

I bet you could design and build a faster car for cheaper when you consider you can use banned technologies like ground effect, and bigger engines etc. If they're all to a spec, and thus all at safe limits, then it's all good.

#23 BuzzingHornet

BuzzingHornet

• 6,190 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 16:28

Where is Danica in all this? Get Danica. All these protests and penalties and stuff are getting boring.

#24 le chat noir

le chat noir

• 4,663 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 16:31

Originally posted by Macca
The issue is whether Hamilton should be third and Trulli fourth, or vice-versa; the stewards got it wrong first, based on incomplete data, so in a sensible world they'd reverse the decision and finalise the result as the order in which the cars on the track crossed the line. Exclusion from the race is just plain spiteful, and a mention of possible exclusion from the WC is a threat to deter any future argument about anything whatever.

Paul M

is that right?

i'd have thought that at the moment at which trulli went off and rejoined the correct finish was LH 3rd, JT 4th.

Given, understandably I feel, that McLaren wanted to be sure to do everything right, they gave the palce back, and on realising Trulli had been off road, then said to hold position, but it was too late by then. There was still time to correct it, had Charlie phoned them back and Jarno had been willing. Given that didn't happen, the rulebook suggests Lewis should be given a penalty for driving deliberately slowly, however, given the circumstance, the FIA would have been justified in relaying the correct procedure again and having them 3rd and 4th, JT - LH - as they finished - and as they were happy to finish, more or less. Even so, throwing Lewis out of the race for misleading is probably also fair, however, why they didn't have the transcript in the first place is bizarre. Finally, how was it presented to them now when no one appealed the decision??

Possible exclusion from WDC is just barmy and won't happen

#25 le chat noir

le chat noir

• 4,663 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 16:32

Originally posted by RoutariEnjinu
Ham should go to A1GP and get us a win :lol:

Maybe McLaren could design next years car, and make it faster than 09 F1 cars just to take the premier crown and stick it to them :p

I bet you could design and build a faster car for cheaper when you consider you can use banned technologies like ground effect, and bigger engines etc. If they're all to a spec, and thus all at safe limits, then it's all good.

Especially if they build it with 09s budget...

#26 Enkei

Enkei

• 5,853 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 16:33

Go on, ban him from 2009! Make F1 loose even more credibility :up:

#27 BuzzingHornet

BuzzingHornet

• 6,190 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 16:38

Originally posted by le chat noir

Finally, how was it presented to them now when no one appealed the decision??

The FIA have a problem with McLaren. Hamilton is already one of the most penalised drivers ever and this will only continue. I'm not defending Hamilton though, but the FIA are watching McLaren's every move.

#28 inca_roads

inca_roads

• 1,456 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 16:40

Originally posted by BuzzingHornet

The FIA have a problem with McLaren. Hamilton is already one of the most penalised drivers ever and this will only continue. I'm not defending Hamilton though, but the FIA are watching McLaren's every move.

Indeed, 6 penalties in the last 18 races, an average of 1 every 3 races. I'd be amazed if any other driver has had more than 2 in the same time frame.

#29 le chat noir

le chat noir

• 4,663 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 16:41

Actually I meant to ask whether anyone has ever kept stats on penalties. We know about wins, poles, chelems, second places etc, but I'd put a large bet on LH being (relatively) the most penalised driver (ie by ratio to races) ever. Then we need another stat, for most investigations and most escapes.

#30 Enkei

Enkei

• 5,853 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 16:49

I really wish they'd exclude Ham from '09 so they can put up a brave face and explain why the lies of Schumacher's car parking in Monaco and Alonso's pit incident in Hungary got no punishment at all.

I do not deny that McLaren handled this situation very bad and amateur-like. It won't do good for their reputation which wasn't that good already, but the way the FIA seems to be after McLaren is ridiculous. I wonder who they're going to be after once they got McLaren out of the way..

sMax needs to be satisfied after all.

#31 Taxi

Taxi

• 4,805 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 16:52

Yay a topic thats not about diffusers :lol:

It's about "diffusing" the truth.;)

#32 le chat noir

le chat noir

• 4,663 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 16:56

Originally posted by Enkei
I really wish they'd exclude Ham from '09 so they can put up a brave face and explain why the lies of Schumacher's car parking in Monaco and Alonso's pit incident in Hungary got no punishment at all.

one does wonder how max explained his 45 years of lies, but then he'd already had ze punis...

#33 RedBaron

RedBaron

• 8,584 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 16:57

Let's not forget not only did they lie/cheat, but they also have brought the sport into disrepute with all the results changes and hearings due to their lies/cheating. it was already in disrepute, but it's Lewis Hamilton this time so we have to punish him double bad!

#34 rogano

rogano

• 61 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 16:57

Does anybody really believe that this could happen? C´mon...

#35 kosmos

kosmos

• 11,901 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 17:01

McLaren should be exclude from the WCC :up:

#36 MegaManson

MegaManson

• 2,102 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 17:03

Nothing more will happen

I hate Hamilton with a passion but he is F1's cash cow, the goose that lays its golden eggs, he is the reason so many watch races on tv and go to races post Schumi so the amount of money Bernie would lose will mean it will never happen

#37 ExcessIsBest

ExcessIsBest

• 249 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 17:03

Originally posted by Macca

Paul M

Macca, I must disagree with you. The "issue" is violation of the sporting code - deliberately lying to the stewards. This is poor sportsmanship and not worthy of a World Champion.

#38 Monad

Monad

• 399 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 17:05

Originally posted by rogano

It depends. If Mclaren continue to suck at the track then it won't happen but if they go for the championship later on the FIA might decide to review the punishment. :stoned:

#39 EvilPhil II

EvilPhil II

• 1,892 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 17:07

I can see Mercedes packing up very soon and thats Brawn/Force India and Mclaren gone in a second

Advertisement

#40 ExcessIsBest

ExcessIsBest

• 249 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 17:08

Originally posted by inca_roads

Indeed, 6 penalties in the last 18 races, an average of 1 every 3 races. I'd be amazed if any other driver has had more than 2 in the same time frame.

This is a clear indication of the low character and lack of sportsmanship taught to Lewis by Big Bad Ron.

#41 craftverk

craftverk

• 2,810 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 17:10

Originally posted by MegaManson

I hate Hamilton with a passion

What kind of people... :rolleyes:

#42 Dark Monkey

Dark Monkey

• 137 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 17:11

but he is F1's cash cow, the goose that lays its golden eggs

And if I was a Dr Evil running F1, I would put Lewis in the freezer for three months so he's only seen driving an improved car.

#43 MegaManson

MegaManson

• 2,102 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 17:14

Originally posted by craftverk

What kind of people... :rolleyes:

Ferrari fan innit ;)

#44 metz

metz

• 15,873 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 17:15

Originally posted by rogano

Well, many believed that a disqualification could not happen. And Look! :eek:

#45 craftverk

craftverk

• 2,810 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 17:20

Ferrari fan innit ;)

Doesn't make it any less sad

#46 MegaManson

MegaManson

• 2,102 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 17:24

Originally posted by craftverk

Doesn't make it any less sad

Part and parcel of F1 mate

How many McLaren fans used to gloat when Schumi screwed up / cheated and so on ?

#47 Dalek Caan

Dalek Caan

• 460 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 17:25

Part and parcel of F1 mate

How many McLaren fans used to gloat when Schumi screwed up / cheated and so on ?

Er, lots actually. :down:

#48 bugmenot

bugmenot

• 73 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 18:53

Originally posted by ensign14

The interesting thing would be the double punishment for the same act. Yet another extra-judicial sanction from the morons at the FIA.

It wouldn't be a double punishment at all. If he's excluded from the championship it nullifies the exclusion from the first race. Why? Because it's a much harder punishment. A grid penalty along with the Melbourne exclusion would be a double punishment. If he's excluded all together it means he can't score any more points so the first punishment is irrelevant.

#49 Juan Kerr

Juan Kerr

• 3,151 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 19:00

We all know what would've happenned if it was McLaren with the difusers don't we ? :cool:

Its bad enough Ferrari not having them, that's caused a big investigation and ban waiting to happen, not to worry they've found another way of holding down McLaren.

#50 Anomnader

Anomnader

• 8,616 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 19:02

Originally posted by Juan Kerr
We all know what would've happenned if it was McLaren with the difusers don't we ? :cool:

Its bad enough Ferrari not having them, that's caused a big investigation and ban waiting to happen, not to worry they've found another way of holding down McLaren.

You know I was only half kidding when i said in the mp4-24 thread that i thought that Macca had one but was waiting till after china to unveil so as to not prejudice the court case.

Now.... really who knows..