Photo

One good thing

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Monad

Monad

• 399 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 10:38

So after all this scandal with Mclaren and Hamilton i found one good thing coming out of all of this and that is, that all this trouble was made for one extra point.
What i mean?

Bernie was trying to impose his "most wins" system and he is still trying by saying that if you are second you don't care that much for that two points to go for the win. And he gave examples that ironically enough were about Hamilton.
Well Bernie it looks to me that now is obvious that what you said has no standing because if so much trouble was created for one point then i don't think that someone driving second won't care for that extra two or three points according to the FOTA system.

Advertisement

#2 trenchcoat

trenchcoat

• 453 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 10:39

Yes but imagne what people would do for a win! :eek: This would make the movie Ben Hur tame.

#3 Ligier26

Ligier26

• 256 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 10:40

Good 'point', forgive the pun.

#4 Clatter

Clatter

• 27,211 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 10:42

Originally posted by Monad
So after all this scandal with Mclaren and Hamilton i found one good thing coming out of all of this and that is, that all this trouble was made for one extra point.
What i mean?

Bernie was trying to impose his "most wins" system and he is still trying by saying that if you are second you don't care that much for that two points to go for the win. And he gave examples that ironically enough were about Hamilton.
Well Bernie it looks to me that now is obvious that what you said has no standing because if so much trouble was created for one point then i don't think that someone driving second won't care for that extra two or three according to the FOTA system.

:up: :up:

#5 Racing Dutchman

Racing Dutchman

• 542 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 10:46

Yet, nothing is gonna stop this shit from happening in 2010.

I hope the teams can stop that rule.

#6 ensign14

ensign14

• 36,892 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 10:47

Heh, I was thinking the exact opposite. If it were a win-based system they could be a lot more placid with regards to how to deal with lower-down issues and it wouldn't have blown up at all.

#7 as65p

as65p

• 17,156 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 10:49

Originally posted by ensign14
Heh, I was thinking the exact opposite. If it were a win-based system they could be a lot more placid with regards to how to deal with lower-down issues and it wouldn't have blown up at all.

:lol: you wish....

#8 Monad

Monad

• 399 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 10:53

Hmm!!! This looks more like an argument to convince Bernie to stay in the points system.
-Hey Bernie if you keep the points system teams will fight each other for winning any extra points and you can split them.
Bernie-O!! my God how haven't i thought of that. Maybe we should stay on the points system :rotfl: :lol:

#9 HP

HP

• 14,197 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 10:54

Convenience over truth perhaps?

#10 anthony says

anthony says

• 461 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 11:05

No, you're missing the 'point'. Lewis wanted Jarno's Bronze Medal so much it went to his head. You don't get nuffink for fourth.

I think Bernie's next idea is that there should be a huge ceremony broadcast to the world at which Lewis will have to kneel in front of Jarno and hand over his 'tarnished' Bronze Medal, and will then be whipped by several women wearing ..., no sorry, I'm getting confused, that's the other one isn't it?

#11 ensign14

ensign14

• 36,892 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 11:08

Originally posted by HP
Convenience over truth perhaps?

That could almost be F1's motto.

#12 Madeup Name

Madeup Name

• 679 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 11:09

Who says this isn't for a 'win'???

We haven't had the Diffuser trial - sorry appeal - yet. :up:

#13 Gareth

Gareth
  • RC Forum Host

• 11,023 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 11:28

Originally posted by Madeup Name
Who says this isn't for a 'win'???

We haven't had the Diffuser trial - sorry appeal - yet. :up:

When is that again so I can set my Sky plus? Currently it's set for 10am Sunday UK time but I'm not interested in the sideshow anymore, I want the big event.

#14 irish_sean69

irish_sean69

• 82 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 11:51

The medal system wont work. 2 main exmples

vetel's win in moza last year besides that 1 win i dont think he got on the podium much more than that.

barrachelloe's podium in silverstone. that is probably the biggest example. Honda where crap last year and with that podium it would have pushed him right up the order. the pionts system has been around forever why chancge somthing that works. y not just imporve it like how the FOTA want to just makes more sence.

FOTA the way forward :clap: :up: