Hello from Canada

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 david Greenblatt

david Greenblatt

• 6 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 17:23

HELLO FROM CANADA

HEY JERRY ENTIN ........... What a great reunion of motorsport greats from my era and theirs in the golden years...........

Congrats Jerry Entin on putting all these greats up on site........

These are my HEROES AND COMPETITORS who I encountered in the 60s during our DAILU days.......

A special hello to Jerry Grant

Dave Greenblatt
Dailu Race Cars

Advertisement

#2 David Birchall

David Birchall

• 3,291 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 18:15

Hi Dave, great to have you here!
How is your memory? We have had a long running thread here on the history of all the Lotus Nineteens-several were in Canada during your racing years. With reference to the car owned by Bob Columbosian, then Norm Namerow, then Peter Lerch: Do you recall who fitted the Ford V8?
The engine serial number? Columbosian's wife's sister's name....? ;)

#3 Frank Verplanken

Frank Verplanken

• 378 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 19:49

Wow ! Welcome Mr Greenblatt :cool: !

#4 Manfred Cubenoggin

Manfred Cubenoggin

• 978 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 00:51

Welcome, Dave! :)

Player's 200 @ Mosport, 1966

Dave Greenblatt's splendid Ferrari 250 LM. When this model was first released, it went right to the top of my favourite coupes.

iirc, a gorgeous canary yellow with black trim.

Posted Image

To be honest, I don't even recall seeing the car in the race but in any event, the car was hopelessly outclassed by the Group 7 types.

I hope the Dave will entertain and inform of us those great days of racing at venues like Mosport with stories involving the likes of the Dailus, John Cannon, Peter Lerch, Norm Namerow and many more.

Indeed, I was right there, at the pitwall when Peter aced Frank Bradley for the win at the Indian Summer Trophy Races @ Mosport in 1963. What a great thrill to see him throw both his arms in the air in victory...even before he'd crossed the finish line! That was a day! :)

#5 raceannouncer2003

raceannouncer2003

• 2,944 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 18:17

This was posted by George Daszkowski (GeorgeTheCar) on the Canadian Motor Sport History Group website:

Greenblatt, David Gabriel Louis (Greenie)

GREENBLATT, David Gabriel Louis (Greenie) After a valiant battle with cancer, David died peacefully at Sunnybrook Hospital, Toronto, on August 16, 2009. Beloved partner and soulmate of Suzan Lazanik (Alper). Loving son of the late Bessie and the late Michael Greenblatt, Montreal. Dearest brother and brother-in-law of the late Judith Baron Cohen (Vivian), London, England and Mackie (the late George Balcan), Montreal. Father of Melissa and Lianne. Uncle to several nieces and nephews and very special friend to many. At David's request, there will be no shiva observed. A private service was held. In his memory, donations may be made to The Temmy Latner Centre for Palliative Care, 60 Murray Street, 4th floor, Box #13, Toronto, M5T 3L9, 416-586-4800, local 7884. With warm gratitude to Dr. Russell Goldman, Heather Waylen, Marue and Sharon for their unwavering devotion to David's comfort and well-being.

Please sign the Guest Book to recognize Dave's motorsport career:

http://www.legacy.co...d=5892826652383

Vince Howlett

#6 David McKinney

David McKinney

• 14,156 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 19:06

Very sad news

I was looking forward to his sharing his memories with us

(Did he have a nephew called Sacha?)

#7 Frank Verplanken

Frank Verplanken

• 378 posts

Posted 19 August 2009 - 23:29

Very sad news indeed...

#8 David Birchall

David Birchall

• 3,291 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 02:30

So sad to hear. We must get the memories of all these "old" racers.

#9 Jerry Entin

Jerry Entin

• 5,920 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 05:53

Posted Image
Dave Greenblatt at Mosport in 2004
This was a very proud moment for Dave being asked to drive pace laps in the Dailu Special.

One of the greatest things accomplished on this forum was, Dave Greenblatt making contact after over 30 years with his co-builder of the Dailu, Luigi Cassiani. Dave was thrilled to be able to see what Luigi looked like and to speak to him.

RIP Dave

Edited by Jerry Entin, 20 August 2009 - 14:34.

#10 Manfred Cubenoggin

Manfred Cubenoggin

• 978 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 09:23

Awww... :cry:

So sad and sorry to learn of this. Profound condolences to family and friends.

#11 Jerry Entin

Jerry Entin

• 5,920 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 21:23

Posted Image
Dave Greenblatt and Dave Wolin on Parade lap

photo- Dave Wolin collection

Edited by Jerry Entin, 24 August 2009 - 01:25.