Jump to content


Photo

Ferrari back like the old days; the 80's!


  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Fiorentina 1

Fiorentina 1
  • Member

  • 292 posts
  • Joined: December 04

Posted 07 April 2009 - 02:05

Now that the Italian's are back incharge they are really looking like Ferrari of old. The good old 80's, where they had the biggest buget and won 1 or 2 races a year. Way to go guys! Forza Ferrari, dove sta il vino? :lol:

The call to put Kimi out on full wets was classic! Absolutely classic! :rotfl:

Now that Todt is gone, it's over. They should have put Brawn inchgarge when they had the chance.... :rolleyes:

Advertisement

#2 Ivan

Ivan
  • Member

  • 6,646 posts
  • Joined: March 99

Posted 07 April 2009 - 02:23

I'll give it at least a year...there are other teams that are struggling too.

#3 Muz Bee

Muz Bee
  • Member

  • 2,531 posts
  • Joined: October 07

Posted 07 April 2009 - 02:29

Originally posted by Fiorentina 1
Now that the Italian's are back incharge they are really looking like Ferrari of old. The good old 80's, where they had the biggest buget and won 1 or 2 races a year. Way to go guys! Forza Ferrari, dove sta il vino? :lol:

The call to put Kimi out on full wets was classic! Absolutely classic! :rotfl:

Now that Todt is gone, it's over. They should have put Brawn inchgarge when they had the chance.... :rolleyes:


Just like Forza Minardi only red! :rotfl: :rotfl:

They'll be back mon ami...;)

#4 Little Leaf

Little Leaf
  • Member

  • 1,072 posts
  • Joined: March 09

Posted 07 April 2009 - 08:28

I would hazard a guess that the '90's between when Prost left and when Schumacher joined were worse than anything in the '80's.
I believe if my memory serves me correctly that in '91, '92, '93 and '94 they didn't win a race. I don't recall it being 4 seasons in the 1980's without a win. 1986 they didn't though (sadly)

But the old Ferrari flavour seems to be back! Illustrated no better than those mechanics running down the pitlane in Singapore last year :rotfl: :rotfl:

#5 craftverk

craftverk
  • Member

  • 2,810 posts
  • Joined: May 08

Posted 07 April 2009 - 08:36

Originally posted by Little Leaf
I would hazard a guess that the '90's between when Prost left and when Schumacher joined were worse than anything in the '80's.
I believe if my memory serves me correctly that in '91, '92, '93 and '94 they didn't win a race. I don't recall it being 4 seasons in the 1980's without a win. 1986 they didn't though (sadly)

But the old Ferrari flavour seems to be back! Illustrated no better than those mechanics running down the pitlane in Singapore last year :rotfl: :rotfl:

Berger won in Hockenheim in '94, but '91-'93 were totally winless.

#6 Earthling

Earthling
  • Member

  • 3,483 posts
  • Joined: May 01

Posted 07 April 2009 - 08:45

Just have the cars colored Scarlet red is fine.... even if they dont win.

#7 Little Leaf

Little Leaf
  • Member

  • 1,072 posts
  • Joined: March 09

Posted 07 April 2009 - 08:54

Originally posted by craftverk

Berger won in Hockenheim in '94, but '91-'93 were totally winless.


I stand corrected!

#8 HP

HP
  • Member

  • 14,385 posts
  • Joined: October 99

Posted 07 April 2009 - 09:07

The link below in German suggests it was all Schumachers fault. Seriously. The story claims he made the decision to put the extreme wet tires on Kimi's car.

http://www.tagesanze.../story/10974699

I don't know what to think, if the story is true, but if Ferrari had Schumacher made tactical decisions during the Malaysian weekend, then they haven't understood that Brawn came up with the strategies, and Schumacher executed them. That doesn't make Schumacher an excellent strategist.

#9 undersquare

undersquare
  • Member

  • 18,929 posts
  • Joined: November 07

Posted 07 April 2009 - 09:12

Well for me I like Ferrari a lot better now, they're supposed to be Italian not just pawns serving a basically Northern European superteam moving over from Benetton to have the extra money. So there will be mistakes, and there will be brilliance and style, that's how it's supposed to be.

Also it seems to me a lot of 'Ferrari fans' are more supportees than supporters, came on board with the dream team and just clinging to the coat tails of supremacy, and now it's changed they're turning on the team as though somehow they were owed something. Well let them go, and the real fans remain. Same for Mac, a bit of weeding out in challenging times will be good in the long run. You don't have to win all the time.

#10 pUs

pUs
  • Member

  • 2,553 posts
  • Joined: November 99

Posted 07 April 2009 - 09:19

: It feels a bit like 1995 again, except the car is even more fragile and not as fast. And even when it shows small glimpses of pace you can rest assured the team will find a way of wasting it.

I still love the team though, always will. :up: Might be a bit too early to judge them like this as well, let's see a few races.

#11 Clatter

Clatter
  • Member

  • 27,695 posts
  • Joined: February 00

Posted 07 April 2009 - 09:20

Originally posted by undersquare
Well for me I like Ferrari a lot better now, they're supposed to be Italian not just pawns serving a basically Northern European superteam moving over from Benetton to have the extra money. So there will be mistakes, and there will be brilliance and style, that's how it's supposed to be.

Also it seems to me a lot of 'Ferrari fans' are more supportees than supporters, came on board with the dream team and just clinging to the coat tails of supremacy, and now it's changed they're turning on the team as though somehow they were owed something. Well let them go, and the real fans remain. Same for Mac, a bit of weeding out in challenging times will be good in the long run. You don't have to win all the time.


They will all crawl back once the success returns.

#12 craftverk

craftverk
  • Member

  • 2,810 posts
  • Joined: May 08

Posted 07 April 2009 - 09:27

Originally posted by HP
The link below in German suggests it was all Schumachers fault. Seriously. The story claims he made the decision to put the extreme wet tires on Kimi's car.

http://www.tagesanze.../story/10974699

I don't know what to think, if the story is true, but if Ferrari had Schumacher made tactical decisions during the Malaysian weekend, then they haven't understood that Brawn came up with the strategies, and Schumacher executed them. That doesn't make Schumacher an excellent strategist.

Perhaps Michael tried to sabotage Kimi and help Felipe? :p

#13 SeanValen

SeanValen
  • Member

  • 16,967 posts
  • Joined: February 01

Posted 07 April 2009 - 09:49

Originally posted by pUs
: It feels a bit like 1995 again, except the car is even more fragile and not as fast. And even when it shows small glimpses of pace you can rest assured the team will find a way of wasting it.

I still love the team though, always will. :up: Might be a bit too early to judge them like this as well, let's see a few races.


:up:

1998 2ND
1999 WCC
2000 WC AND WCC
2001 WC AND WCC
2002 WC AND WCC
2003 WC AND WCC
2004 WC AND WCC
2005- 3RD PLACE WC-WCC? bad year eventually
2006 - 2nd WC, 2ND WCC
2007- WC AND WCC

2008 - 2ND PLACE WC 1ST PLACE WCC - JUST LAST YEAR
2009??/a few races, and a uncertain diffusor call looming, suddenly Ferrari in crisis, it's more of a complement don't you think? People expect efficiency from Ferrari all the time, like Luca once said, Ferrari is a disease, no matter how much success, when they fall, it's like if God was a car on its knees with the world watching, but when they win, it's a demonstration that a god exists in Italy, it commands a reaction more so then any other name.

Show some respect for this decade's champions, they've earned it, the only other team to look as professional was Renault, the only other team to win WCC. Mclaren had to cheat one year to look good 2007, not get banned, win it next year -2008-just about-then mess up their start to 2009-with their star driver in quit rumours, if there's any team to denounce as bad job, it's Mclaren.

Ferrari can mess up 2009/2010, and still rule this decade, they've earned it. I don't think a 1995 comparison is justified just a few races after a season like 2008 where they were fighting to the last race again, come on, it's totally unfair for a team that's achieved too much already. I don't want blood pouring from the merchanics, even high achievers can't be perfect all the time, and we wouldn't want it that way, a failure now and again is human nature, from faliure you learn, and Ferrari have shown they learn very well. If they have say 2-3 years of bad calls, bad performance, then I'll be line to compare them to 1995 and other bad ferrari times, but for now, I see no crisis, let them fail and achieve organically, they've earned it.

:up:

#14 kNt

kNt
  • Member

  • 1,694 posts
  • Joined: February 05

Posted 07 April 2009 - 09:52

Originally posted by HP
The link below in German suggests it was all Schumachers fault. Seriously. The story claims he made the decision to put the extreme wet tires on Kimi's car.

http://www.tagesanze.../story/10974699

I don't know what to think, if the story is true, but if Ferrari had Schumacher made tactical decisions during the Malaysian weekend, then they haven't understood that Brawn came up with the strategies, and Schumacher executed them. That doesn't make Schumacher an excellent strategist.


It's a nice Journal but I don't think they have any inside info or clue about F1.

#15 Frans

Frans
  • Member

  • 7,701 posts
  • Joined: April 01

Posted 07 April 2009 - 09:58

Of course it's Michaels fault! How stupid of anyone to ignore that!

I saw him thinking; "damn, ... can't do to much sabotage nowadays, just let Kimi drive on wet's in the dry, yeah.... let's do that"

And to be particulary honnest, I really believe Michael doesn't like Kimi, and he still is trying to stop Kimi from getting good results. There's already a thread about this, it's mostly circumstantial, but just take the stats of Kimi, and mark all the races he did bad, and mark the ones where Michael was present. YES, THEY're ALL THE SAME!!!!

coincidence? I think not. :down:


but love the title they use in the articel above! LOL

Für Szenekenner ist der Rekord-Weltmeister als Berater nur ein teurer Clown


"For scene-knowers is the record-worldchampion as a (Ferrari) consultant just an expensive clown." :lol:

#16 pUs

pUs
  • Member

  • 2,553 posts
  • Joined: November 99

Posted 07 April 2009 - 10:22

Originally posted by SeanValen


:up:

1998 2ND
1999 WCC
2000 WC AND WCC
2001 WC AND WCC
2002 WC AND WCC
2003 WC AND WCC
2004 WC AND WCC
2005- 3RD PLACE WC-WCC? bad year eventually
2006 - 2nd WC, 2ND WCC
2007- WC AND WCC

2008 - 2ND PLACE WC 1ST PLACE WCC - JUST LAST YEAR
2009??/a few races, and a uncertain diffusor call looming, suddenly Ferrari in crisis, it's more of a complement don't you think? People expect efficiency from Ferrari all the time, like Luca once said, Ferrari is a disease, no matter how much success, when they fall, it's like if God was a car on its knees with the world watching, but when they win, it's a demonstration that a god exists in Italy, it commands a reaction more so then any other name.

Show some respect for this decade's champions, they've earned it, the only other team to look as professional was Renault, the only other team to win WCC. Mclaren had to cheat one year to look good 2007, not get banned, win it next year -2008-just about-then mess up their start to 2009-with their star driver in quit rumours, if there's any team to denounce as bad job, it's Mclaren.

Ferrari can mess up 2009/2010, and still rule this decade, they've earned it. I don't think a 1995 comparison is justified just a few races after a season like 2008 where they were fighting to the last race again, come on, it's totally unfair for a team that's achieved too much already. I don't want blood pouring from the merchanics, even high achievers can't be perfect all the time, and we wouldn't want it that way, a failure now and again is human nature, from faliure you learn, and Ferrari have shown they learn very well. If they have say 2-3 years of bad calls, bad performance, then I'll be line to compare them to 1995 and other bad ferrari times, but for now, I see no crisis, let them fail and achieve organically, they've earned it.

:up:


Thanks Sean, I needed some positive vibes. :) On the edge foruming, EXCELLENT :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :smoking:

#17 Yellowmc

Yellowmc
  • Member

  • 1,916 posts
  • Joined: May 07

Posted 07 April 2009 - 11:33

This is Ferrari!

You know you fear us, so beat us when we're down because we'll certainly give it back on our way up!

Have fun. :wave:

#18 Seanspeed

Seanspeed
  • Member

  • 14,659 posts
  • Joined: October 08

Posted 07 April 2009 - 11:51

If it had rained when it was predicted to, Kimi's strategy would be looked back upon as brilliant.

#19 Atreiu

Atreiu
  • Member

  • 10,079 posts
  • Joined: May 07

Posted 07 April 2009 - 13:26

Let's not be so optimistic, the seaosn has only begun.;)

Advertisement

#20 undersquare

undersquare
  • Member

  • 18,929 posts
  • Joined: November 07

Posted 07 April 2009 - 14:03

Originally posted by TheHumanPromise
If it had rained when it was predicted to, Kimi's strategy would be looked back upon as brilliant.


Well in the first lap he lost 20 seconds with those tyres, so the rain would have had to arrive within 2 minutes/1 lap for it to pay off. It wasn't raining at the start of that lap; there's no way it made sense.

It reminds me of Mac's tyre call in Brazil 07, when at Lewis' first stop, after the gearbox fault, they put him on a short stint on the options. Only then did they look at the primes that had come off and realise that they were very worn and he couldn't do the whole second half of the race on 1 set:- 3 stopper, bye bye wdc.

They hadn't recognised that they did not know a vital factor, as Ferrari didn't recognise that they did not know within the required margin when the rain would start.

In both cases I think someone just felt they had to DO SOMETHING, and that meant some kind of strategy call, and that meant something different from the obvious existing strategy. But without enough analysis.

I suppose that is "post Brawn".

#21 SevenTwoSeven

SevenTwoSeven
  • Member

  • 368 posts
  • Joined: March 08

Posted 07 April 2009 - 14:05

Just need 'Hollywood' back and everythings as it was years ago :clap:

#22 Snap Matt

Snap Matt
  • Member

  • 1,157 posts
  • Joined: January 09

Posted 07 April 2009 - 14:08

We're at the same stage in the season when in 2008 people were baying for Massa to be sacked after getting a DNF in both races. While Ferrari haven't demonstrated a great deal of pace yet, their position looks a lot rosier than it does for all of their recent rivals. You wouldn't want to put money on them not winning any races this year no matter what the odds were either.