* * * - - 13 votes

Where is Jacques Villeneuve?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
965 replies to this topic

#101 Mark A

Mark A

• 1,120 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 12:53

He was taking part in the opening ceremony of the Winter Olympics.

Advertisement

#102 halifaxf1fan

halifaxf1fan

• 4,846 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 17:43

He was taking part in the opening ceremony of the Winter Olympics.

Posted Image

What an honour for Jacques to be one of the flag bearers carrying the Olympic flag. It was great seeing him there representing Canada.

Edited by halifaxf1fan, 13 February 2010 - 17:51.

#103 nordschleife

nordschleife

• 872 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 17:57

IMHO, like Terry Fox's mom in front of him, he is also representing a higher ideal than himself. His dad.

#104 intothepits

intothepits

• 409 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 18:07

Well if you watched it, the carriers of the flag were described as established people successful in their specified field.

As they carried the flag, the announcer in the arena announced each person and their accomplishments... So with Donald Suferland, successful actor, they described Jacques as racing driver and 1997 Formula 1 champion, no mention of him being the son of Gilles.

#105 Talryyn

Talryyn

• 839 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 18:07

Was he not just in Austria as well, at the same training center as JML?

#106 boomer1

boomer1

• 70 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 18:11

Well if you watched it, the carriers of the flag were described as established people successful in their specified field.

As they carried the flag, the announcer in the arena announced each person and their accomplishments... So with Donald Suferland, successful actor, they described Jacques as racing driver and 1997 Formula 1 champion, no mention of him being the son of Gilles.

Here in the States they described him as the 1995 Indy 500 champion and 1997 F1 world champion, in that order.

#107 intothepits

intothepits

• 409 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 18:12

Yes, that was the exact quote from the announcer guy in the arena the event took place. So was heard on all international broadcasts.

Edited by intothepits, 13 February 2010 - 18:13.

#108 boomer1

boomer1

• 70 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 18:19

Thanks, good to know!

#109 nordschleife

nordschleife

• 872 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 18:23

You bet I watched the whole thing and I'm still buzzed. It was the coolest.

Mrs. Fox, the Canadian Holy Mother, is representing, you must agree.

Not trying to diss Jacques, I honour and defend him. His achievements are quite specific. But Gilles is the essence, the source, period. Jacques is to Gilles what Rick Hansen is to Terry Fox. I'm just saying.

Edited by nordschleife, 14 February 2010 - 21:30.

#110 jeze

jeze

• 2,973 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 18:32

No matter how good Gilles was, we must remember that Jacques in World Champion, and Gilles never became that. So there's no reason a World Champion should be described as 'the son of Racing Driver X', when he arguably has achieved more himself, winning CART and Indy 500 along with his championship? No matter that Gilles was a bigger natural talent than Jacques, there's no reason to think why Jacques wouldn't have made a name in his own place.

#111 intothepits

intothepits

• 409 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 18:43

That's what I think.

Edited by intothepits, 13 February 2010 - 18:44.

#112 intothepits

intothepits

• 409 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 20:06

I noticed he's cleaned up.. Maybe he's getting a drive.

#113 Paco

Paco

• 1,215 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 21:21

You bet I watched the whole thing and I'm still buzzed. It was the coolest.

Mrs. Fox, the Canadian Holy Mother, is representing, you must agree.

Not trying to diss Jacques, I honour and defend him. His achievements are quite specific. But Gilles is the essence, the source, period. Rick Hansen is to Terry Fox what Jacques is to Gilles. I'm just saying.

I truly can't believe you post such a thing twice!

The fact is, Jacques remains and will probably remain one of Canada's truly great and most accomplished racing driver. When Jacques won the championship, the country was truly behind him and he received one of the most oustanding standing ovations of any athlete in Canada. He won athlete of the year for his accomplishments as well. On an international scale, few Canadian's have acheived what he has.

Career wise, sure he made some questionable judgements that affected his results after his championship year but his Indy career was stellar at a time when Indy cars was a respected series. His 1st 3 years of F1 where fanastic as well ... poor judgements hampered him but you can't take away all of what he did ..

Jacques is Jacques... sure he's the son of Gilles but Jacques is a way more accomplished driver then his father...

As for Rick hanson.. that's simply a rude comment.. Not taking anything away from Terry Fox and Terry's mom .. but Rick is also an inspiration on what he has done in his own right.

Edited by Paco, 13 February 2010 - 21:23.

#114 MaxScelerate

MaxScelerate

• 4,288 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 21:21

lol.. A week or two ago he was in Lake Placid riding Skeleton for a tv program (I first thought he was going to try the Vancouver track so I sort of jumped when I heard of yesterday's death in luge..) Say what you will about money or such, I think his thrill for speed is genuine.

#115 Tract1on

Tract1on

• 330 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 22:25

Jacques should be in that Renault.... such a shame...

#116 Paco

Paco

• 1,215 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 23:18

I thought he would get a decent shot this year at a decent ride since this year's F1 car seems to suit his driving style. With a such a maturing grid and need for experience it seems like a real opportunity was there with some many drivers switching teams but.. i guess it wasn't meant to be.

Edited by Paco, 13 February 2010 - 23:37.

#117 halifaxf1fan

halifaxf1fan

• 4,846 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 02:10

I noticed he's cleaned up.. Maybe he's getting a drive.

Jacques looked really good, but I suppose he had to clean up with approximately 3 Billion people watching. If nothing else, it was good 'product' placement.

Edited by halifaxf1fan, 14 February 2010 - 03:38.

#118 boomer1

boomer1

• 70 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 03:00

Jacques looked really good, but I suppose he had to clean with approximately 3 Billion people watching. If nothing else, it was good 'product' placement.

LOL. Only on a motorsports forum would someone think that JV shaved for a spotlight moment in an Olympic ceremony because he wants a professional drive.

#119 ColdHeart

ColdHeart

• 1,255 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 09:42

LOL. Only on a motorsports forum would someone think that JV shaved for a spotlight moment in an Olympic ceremony because he wants a professional drive.

Or a protessional singing gig:

Jacques Villeneuve "Accepterais-tu?"

Edited by ColdHeart, 14 February 2010 - 09:43.

Advertisement

#120 Augurk

Augurk

• 1,932 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 10:39

Or a protessional singing gig:

Jacques Villeneuve "Accepterais-tu?"

I thought that was a bad joke, but no?

http://www.amazon.co...J...4000&sr=8-2
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by Augurk, 14 February 2010 - 10:40.

#121 docronzo

docronzo

• 237 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 10:52

I thought that was a bad joke, but no?

http://www.amazon.co...J...4000&sr=8-2
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:down:

#122 farsailor

farsailor

• 247 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 10:53

You gotta admire a guy following his heart.
This is a duet with his sister about Gilles:

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

#123 Muz Bee

Muz Bee

• 2,531 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 11:06

And why is that? In a sport often criticised for not giving more young talent the opportunity to compete what signal would wheeling JV back in after how many years away since his last rather average showing?

#124 Berner

Berner

• 544 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 16:48

JV will be featured in an upcoming episode of "Superbodies" presented by GE during the Olympics. The series uses CGI effects to examine how athletes' musculo-skeletal systems work during competition. His episode (How tough is this sport?) has him doing skeleton with Canada's Olympic competitor Jon Montgomery. The first episode, broadcast yesterday, stripped back the skin of a downhill racer to show how his core muscles kept his rib cage and spine in place while skiing at a million miles an hour. Very cool series.

#125 Ensign

Ensign

• 164 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 23:37

And why is that? In a sport often criticised for not giving more young talent the opportunity to compete what signal would wheeling JV back in after how many years away since his last rather average showing?

I agree. Even though I'm a big JV fan even I'd rather see Rob Wickens in an F1 car than JV. There are several other young drivers who also deserve a chance such as Adam Carroll. We need more young drivers in F1 not more old guys.

#126 farsailor

farsailor

• 247 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 12:27

I agree. Even though I'm a big JV fan even I'd rather see Rob Wickens in an F1 car than JV. There are several other young drivers who also deserve a chance such as Adam Carroll. We need more young drivers in F1 not more old guys.

I'd say we need the best drivers in F1, no matter what age.

#127 DLaw

DLaw

• 1,613 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 18:43

Are we getting close?

JV Vs Schumi again? :)

#128 pacwest

pacwest

• 1,407 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 18:46

I'm looking at Montreal tickets closely right now...

#129 Paco

Paco

• 1,215 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 21:09

JV will be featured in an upcoming episode of "Superbodies" presented by GE during the Olympics. The series uses CGI effects to examine how athletes' musculo-skeletal systems work during competition. His episode (How tough is this sport?) has him doing skeleton with Canada's Olympic competitor Jon Montgomery. The first episode, broadcast yesterday, stripped back the skin of a downhill racer to show how his core muscles kept his rib cage and spine in place while skiing at a million miles an hour. Very cool series.

The Skeleton thing aired this afternoon. Was pretty cool.

The Canadian Olympian that was showing him the ropes was like.. Yeah, I figured you would want to go from the pro start (after he had done the 2 lessor starts).. LOL watching him bang around the run down i was like.. don't hurt your back or shoulders guy!.. you might be in a car in days!!!

#130 potmotr

potmotr

• 9,999 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 17:49

So, looks like JV is going to ride again.

Must say, I wouldn't have ever believed this would happen!

#131 Xaus

Xaus

• 602 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 19:47

You say that like its already happened. :cat:

#132 aditya-now

aditya-now

• 7,029 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 19:49

And, believe it or not - I always believed in it!
Jacques is that kind of guy - absolutely one of a kind - but he can make the impossible possible!

Needless to say, he´ll have a lot of getting lapped this season, unless Toyota really constructed a jewel in their dying months....
Well, maybe he´ll fight with Trulli for the honours of being the best of the new teams...

#133 Touti

Touti

• 341 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 20:39

According to today's news JV and Stefan GP have reached an agreement and the only thing missing is JV's signature which he will give only once Stefan GP has a spot on the grid.

When Jacques announced that he was trying a comeback I really hoped it would happen but now I have to say that I wonder if it's a smart move. There's a lot of bad rumors going around about Stefanovic, then there's Coughlan involved and then there's the car...............what kind of a car, seriousness and development budget can he expect from Stefan GP ?

One BAR was the beginning of the end of his career, I really don't see how a another one could be the restarting point. I'd be thrilled if JV could have another go at F1 but really don't see how Stefan GP and the people involved in this team can allow him to be taken seriously by other teams and get a better drive in the future.

#134 Eff One 2002

Eff One 2002

• 883 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 01:16

The joke in this thread is not that JV is no longer recognized as good as he once was its that people are STILL finding ways to try put his career down, and yet he is more successful than most in F1 now, and will ever be.

It was mentioned further up, he has nothing to prove. He has raced the best and come out on top, he is not only an F1 winner, he is an F1 champion. He won the Indy 500, perhaps when the field was at its strongest. He raced at Le mans, and before anyone says he was slow, its accepted his dry-weather pace was not to that of Minassian, and Montagny, but hell Minassian is probably one of the quickest sportscar drivers out there. And as a matter of fact, JV's wet weather driving was probably the quickest of the 908s!

JV has acheived more than 90% of todays drivers can even dream about! He had his time, he served it well, now let it go. Whatever makes people think he is still trying to prove himself, make sure his name is still known is just silly.

Ill tell you, JV earns more of my respect than a 7 time WDC who does seem to be wanting to make sure his name is still there, to make sure we havent forgot about him ;-)!

If anyone wants to bash JV, at least have a reason and dont just do it for the sake of it. If your going to argue, at least have a point!

Exactly right. The JV bashers are really quite amusing as the best they can come up with is snide, obnoxious remarks without any basis or substance. The fact of the matter is the man has achieved a lot in motor sport and has been competetive in anything he has tried. When he was last in an F1 car, he was quick and competetive in the BMW and easily a match for Heidfeld but because Theissen couldn't hold his wad long enough and wait until 2007 to put Kubica in the car, he ousted JV when he was doing a perfecty good job. He is certainly a more naturally talented and fast driver than many in the current field, albeit getting on a bit now. I think a lot of people like to shit on JV just because they see a lot of other misinformed people who have no idea what they are talking about doing it so they deem it the trendy thing to do so they partake in some unwarranted put-downs as well.

JV has nothing left to prove. He has already done that. He just clearly wants to race.

It would signal that the sport recognises that there is a place for older drivers with the talent and ability in F1 as well as young, upcoming talent. It should be a balance, not just every seat given to the young up-and-comers. Also, JV's last stint in F1 with BMW in 2006 was not "average". He compared favourably with Heidfeld.

Edited by Eff One 2002, 25 February 2010 - 01:26.

#135 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

• 8,012 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 01:27

Exactly right. The JV bashers are really quite amusing as the best they can come up with is snide, obnoxious remarks without any basis or substance.

Yes, his failure to score a single race win in ten years is completely baseless accusation. And his string of eleven consecutive DNFs in 1999 has no substance to it whatsoever.

What exactly do you think would happen if Villeneuve returned? Do you actually think he would be scoring wins and podiums in a Stefan? The top ten places might be the ones to score points, but you can bet that McLaren, Mercedes, Red Bull and Ferrari will routinely fill eight of those places. Then there's the Renaults and the Williamses and probably the Force Indias and Saubers who will be in the picture as well. Ten places that give points, sixteen cars that have the potential to pick them up. Compared to Stefan, a team with no experience and who will only have an eleventh-hour grid entry at best.

And you seem to think that Villeneuve can succeed with that.

#136 slideways

slideways

• 3,268 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 01:35

Succeed in this context does not mean scoring podiums or points CT, and after reading his post I can't see where he said anything about that?

Not that I care particularly one way or the other about JV, but if he is happy pottering around the back of the field, why not?

#137 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

• 8,012 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 02:06

Succeed in this context does not mean scoring podiums or points CT, and after reading his post I can't see where he said anything about that?

I read his post as saying "people who criticise JV have no basis in reality for it" as if everything that has happened between his 1997 championship and today counts for nothing.

#138 Eff One 2002

Eff One 2002

• 883 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 02:12

Yes, his failure to score a single race win in ten years is completely baseless accusation.

Correct, because his lack of race wins during the period you refer to was due to the cars he was driving during this period, not him. More often than not he did the best possible job given the equipment he was given. You clearly just see the results and not bother to research why they happened, just automatically blame JV for it. The reality is JV did not have a car competetive enough to win soley on merit after 1997. In 1998: Shitbox williams. 1999: Shitbox BAR that he elevates to grid positions on occasions where it simply did not belong, most notably superlative 5th and 6th positions at Imola and Spain respectively when reliability problems yet again let him down in the race. 2000: Midfield BAR, does the best job possible with it, ditto 2001 with 2 podiums, albeit fortunate. 2002: again, a shotbox, uncompetetive BAR. 2003: A more competetive BAR but with too many rampant reliability problems to put a decent season together. 2004: last three races for Renault with ****-all testing. Manages to outqualify Alonso on hos second race for the team. 2005: Slow start at Sauber but finds his feet, being a match for Massa. 2006: doing a fine job for BMW, comparing favourably to Heidfeld until booted from the team because Theissen couldn't wait to have Kubica race.

And his string of eleven consecutive DNFs in 1999 has no substance to it whatsoever.

Oh, it has substance alright but the consecutive DNFs were more often than not down to reliability problems with the shitbox BAR, not JV errors. From memory the only non-reliability related retirements were crashing into the "Wall Of Champions" and getting together with Diniz at the start of the race, at Canada and Germany respectively.

What exactly do you think would happen if Villeneuve returned? Do you actually think he would be scoring wins and podiums in a Stefan? [/b]

Obviously not. I'm simply stating he is better than a lot in the current field and would do a good job if the car was decent. Most likely he'd just be making the numbers up.

The top ten places might be the ones to score points, but you can bet that McLaren, Mercedes, Red Bull and Ferrari will routinely fill eight of those places. Then there's the Renaults and the Williamses and probably the Force Indias and Saubers who will be in the picture as well. Ten places that give points, sixteen cars that have the potential to pick them up. Compared to Stefan, a team with no experience and who will only have an eleventh-hour grid entry at best.

Yep, probably.

And you seem to think that Villeneuve can succeed with that.

Where did I say that? I'm simply saying if he were to come back to F1, he'd be there if the car was any good, which it probably won't be, even IF StefanGP get an entry.

I read his post as saying "people who criticise JV have no basis in reality for it" as if everything that has happened between his 1997 championship and today counts for nothing.

It counts alright. It shows that JV made catastrophic and obviously in hindsight, bad career decisions that cost him dearly. This does not mean that the man was not naturally talented and supremely fast.

Edited by Eff One 2002, 25 February 2010 - 02:28.

#139 Slowinfastout

Slowinfastout

• 9,681 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 02:16

As a self-confessed Russophile, shouldn't you be worried about the proper spanking Russia is getting at this very moment, courtesy of the Canadians?

Advertisement

#140 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

• 8,012 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 02:27

Correct, because his lack of race wins during the period you refer to was due to the cars he was driving during this period, not him. More often than not he did the best possible job given the equipment he was given. In 1998: Shitbox williams. 1999: Shitbox BAR that he elevates to grid positions on occasions where it simply did not belong, most notably superlative 5th and 6th positions at Imola and Spain respectively when reliability problems yet again let him down in the race. 2000: Midfield BAR, does the best job possible with it, ditto 2001 with 2 podiums, elbeit fortunate. 2002: again, a shotbox, uncompetetive BAR. 2003: A more competetive BAR but with too many rampant reliability problems to put a decent season together. 2004: last three races for Renault with ****-all testing. Manages to outqualify Alonso on hos second race for the team. 2005: Slow start at Sauber but finds his feet, being a match for Massa. 2006: doing a fine job for BMW, comparing favourably to Heidfeld until booted from the team because Theissen couldn't wait to have Kubica race.

So if Villeneuve's success depends on the car he's driving, how does he stand any chance of success in a Stefan?

Obviously not. I'm simply stating he is better than a lot in the current field and would do a good job if the car was decent. Most likely he'd just be making the numbers up.

Even after three years out of the port? Michael Schumacher might be able to return after the same amount of time and be competitive, but that's because he's Michael Schumacher. The only reason why Villeneuve is better than half the grid is because half the grid - Hulkenberg, Petrov, Buemi, Alguersuari, Senna, Lopez, Glock, Kobyashi - are rookies or only have a year or two under their belts.

Where did I say that? I'm simply saying if he were to come back to F1, he'd be there if the car was any good, which it probably won't be, even IF StefanGP get an entry.

With maybe as many as six teams - certainly four - Villeneuve almost certainly won't be "there". And if his success is dependent upon having a good car, why is he coming back at all? To humiliate himself some more?

It counts alright. It shows that JV made catastrophic and obviously in hindsight, bad career decisions that cost him dearly. This does not mean that the man was not naturally talented and supremely fast.

To me, someone who is "naturally talented and supremely fast" is someone who can make any car work for them. People like Senna, Schumacher, Alonso and Hamilton. They can get decent results even in a bad car.

As a self-confessed Russophile, shouldn't you be worried about the proper spanking Russia is getting at this very moment, courtesy of the Canadians?

If we were discussing ice hockey and not motor racing, then yes, I probably would be.

#141 slideways

slideways

• 3,268 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 02:39

Trolling JV threads was so 2004.

#142 Eff One 2002

Eff One 2002

• 883 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 02:43

So if Villeneuve's success depends on the car he's driving, how does he stand any chance of success in a Stefan?

Any driver's success, to a large extent depends on the car they are driving. The likes of Senna, Schumacher and Prost couldn't have won their world titles in a car that was not competetive. Villeneuve is no different. And to answer the question, his chances of success are unlikely because it is probable that the Stefan won't be competetive.

Even after three years out of the port? Michael Schumacher might be able to return after the same amount of time and be competitive, but that's because he's Michael Schumacher. The only reason why Villeneuve is better than half the grid is because half the grid - Hulkenberg, Petrov, Buemi, Alguersuari, Senna, Lopez, Glock, Kobyashi - are rookies or only have a year or two under their belts.

No, he's better than many on the current grid because he has natural talent and ability. Talent and ability that, granted may have dimmed a little now that he's getting on in years but talent and abilty that is still there nonetheless.

With maybe as many as six teams - certainly four - Villeneuve almost certainly won't be "there". And if his success is dependent upon having a good car, why is he coming back at all? To humiliate himself some more?

As i said, he would be up there if the car were competetive relative to the other teams. JV obviously just wants to race again.

To me, someone who is "naturally talented and supremely fast" is someone who can make any car work for them. People like Senna, Schumacher, Alonso and Hamilton. They can get decent results even in a bad car.

Then you have a fundamentally simplified and flawed view. All the drivers you mentioned won their WDCs in a car that was either the best in the field or amoung the best and could not have done so unless this was the case. And JV did get some decent results in bad cars, just did not win because on merit, that is impossible no matter who is at the wheel.

Edited by Eff One 2002, 25 February 2010 - 02:46.

#143 halifaxf1fan

halifaxf1fan

• 4,846 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 03:15

Jacques will be better than veterans as well. Add Barrichello, Nakajima, Kovalainen and de la Rosa to your list.

Edited by halifaxf1fan, 25 February 2010 - 03:44.

#144 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

• 8,012 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 04:25

Jacques will be better than veterans as well. Add Barrichello, Nakajima, Kovalainen and de la Rosa to your list.

Barrichello? Really?

I'm sorry, but I find the notion that JV can be competitve after three years out of the sport and driving for a team with no experience to be extremely contentious - and that's before you factor in his poor results over the past decade.

#145 Yatindra

Yatindra

• 9 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 04:36

if brawn can take honda and turn it into the team it is today , stefan could do the same with toyota.. nothings impossible.. irrespective of how good or bad the car is .. fact is that wed love to see JV try.. i still think if you put him n schumi in the same car JV would come out ahead..

#146 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

• 8,012 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 04:38

if brawn can take honda and turn it into the team it is today , stefan could do the same with toyota.. nothings impossible.. irrespective of how good or bad the car is .. fact is that wed love to see JV try..

Stefan don't have Ross Brawn on their side. They may build a car that is better than the other new entrants, but there's no way it will be able to challenge the top four teams.

i still think if you put him n schumi in the same car JV would come out ahead..

BAHAHAHAHAHA!

#147 HoldenRT

HoldenRT

• 5,362 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 04:52

sad :

Posted Image

:eek: :rotfl:

#148 HoldenRT

HoldenRT

• 5,362 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 04:59

Posted Image

Found him. :D

#149 Eff One 2002

Eff One 2002

• 883 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 05:10

and that's before you factor in his poor results over the past decade.

Which, as I've already pointed out - was down to sub-standard equipment and not him.

#150 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

• 8,012 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 05:12

Which, as I've already pointed out - was down to sub-standard equipment and not him.

Then let me ask you: if Villeneuve's ultimate success or failure depends on his hardware, how can he be considered one of the all-time greats the way so many people in this thread make him out to be?