Photo

Lewis Hamilton should resign from F1 !

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 deedee

deedee

• 49 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 23:22

If there is any dignity left in Lewis, he should resign from Formula 1 very soon.

He brought almost everything in and around of Formula 1 into disrepute, proving this not only since lie-gate,
but revealing his true character quite shortly after entering F1.

I want to add, that when Lewis entered F1, i liked him, he seemed to be a good guy on and off the track.

All the mess started the way he and his "manager" handled the supremacy of Alonso in Monaco 2007. Instead of being happy to take 2nd place in his rookie year, they decided to play the poor number 2 driver card, which of course was pathetic as anyone could easily see (and read on the timing screen).

The fact the Hamiltons ran whining to the FIA, complaining about the team, should have rang the alarm-bells in Ron's brain, but he did nothing and as a result, finally lost control over the team.
Unfortunately Ron Dennis was and still is victim of his own pathetic ego. His inability to properly handle characters like the Hamiltons could very well lead to an even bigger catastrophe for the famous Mclaren team.

Let me add a little anecdote about "early" Ron handling embarrassing situations -

During the 1970 British F1 GP in Silverstone, Jack Brabham ran out of fuel in the last lap and lost the victory.
After the race, chief-mechanic Ron Dennis blamed the mechanic who was fuelling the Brabham car.
In reality, Ron Dennis forgot to reset the injection to the leaner mix for the race, therefore the fuel consumption was higher than normal and poor Jack ran out of fuel. Ron then ran towards the stranded car to try to hide his mistake, but was caught while doing it. Sounds familiar, doesn't it ?

Back to 2009 -

Lately, it is rumoured that Ron made about 80 telephone calls to avoid Lewis Hamilton
having his special press-conference. We'll probably hear more about this after the WMSC meeting on April 29.

Cheers

Advertisement

#2 Madras

Madras

• 3,911 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 23:25

Yawn.

#3 Ricardo F1

Ricardo F1

• 60,373 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 23:27

Dear lord. :rolleyes:

#4 wrighty

wrighty

• 3,794 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 23:34

here, use mine

Posted Image

:lol:

#5 MWM

MWM

• 426 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 23:45

Originally posted by deedee
If there is any dignity left in Lewis, he should resign from Formula 1 very soon....

Trolling nonsense.

I don't think anything more than a ban for this season would be appropriate, or maybe a penalty of, say, 50 points. But to stop him permanently from competing in F1 would be disproportional and fans of all teams and drivers would be losers as well as Hamilton.

He ****ed up at work, and lied like a child caught stealing sweets, but resigning from the sport is completely OTT.

#6 mclarensmps

mclarensmps

• 8,611 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 23:51

This forum needs a brand new section for people like you. I would frequent it for my daily dose of comedy!

#7 Madras

Madras

• 3,911 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 23:56

Originally posted by MWM

Trolling nonsense.

Oh you think?

Seriously why do so many people here have to shout "troll"?

#8 JacnGille

JacnGille

• 2,806 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 23:57

Originally posted by The Big Guns

This forum needs a brand new section for people like you. I would frequent it for my daily dose of comedy!

+1

#9 se7en_24

se7en_24

• 18,687 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 00:07

Originally posted by Madras

Oh you think?

Seriously why do so many people here have to shout "troll"?

I'm guessing you are so sensitive about that word because it's been used against you before.

This thread is clearly a troll though.