Photo

The F1 Soapie

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Roger39

Roger39

• 124 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 12:28

I'm starting to think that this F1 lark is being scripted by some mindless goon in Hollywood in conjuction with Mosley Ecclestone Entertainment. I'm sure that in December they sat in some office and decided that F1 needs a new audience, "lets target the housewives" someone muttered, "yes, they have lots of buying power you know?" somebody else exclaimed.
Let's think about this, the GP season is only 2 races old and all the drama makes Bold and the Beautiful look like a pre-school program (which I think it is?!). Is it really possible that only 3 teams thought of this diffuser idea?
Is it really such an issue that McLaren lied to the stewards after all the shananigans we have seen over the years?
Is it really such a coincidence that a team that was down and out suddenly rises from its ashes and becomes a sensation, whose star driver is probably high on the list of ladies favourites?
At this rate I'm just waiting for the news that Max Mosley has been meeting Nick Heidfeld's sister in less-than-public places.....

Advertisement

#2 Frans

Frans

• 8,753 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 14:48

F1 always has been scripted..... never knew?

#3 klyster

klyster

• 5,738 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 14:51

Like sand through an hourglass, so are the..............

#4 RSNS

RSNS

• 1,521 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 21:54

Originally posted by Roger39
"lets target the housewives"

:)

#5 pippin

pippin

• 741 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 22:19

:lol:

Funny thread. I've always told everyone who asks me why I like F1, its because its better than any Soap Opera. Honestly you couldn't make this stuff up. I'd still prefer it if we could be left to concentrate on the actual racing though. :

#6 nordschleife

nordschleife

• 940 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 00:32

At what point do you reckon "the series" "jumped the shark"? ie. strained credibility until the story was no longer fun but just silly and unworthy of attention. :rolleyes: