Photo

Help to identify?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 k1ngy

k1ngy

• 156 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 17:05

Can anyone help me identify this Porsche for me. I need more images (all round car) and also where did it race and when,
I understand it may have a connection with Nurburgring(spelling shocking) as there is the outline of the track around it but i need more images and the team etc,
Many thanks

Posted Image

Advertisement

#2 Dolph

Dolph

• 12,163 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 18:47

It's a 911

;)

#3 k1ngy

k1ngy

• 156 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 18:59

Originally posted by Dolph
It's a 911

;)

Thanks for that lol, just need more images

#4 LOLE

LOLE

• 313 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 20:13

Must be the Nürburgring (I'm quite sure)....that's already one step further....

#5 Youichi

Youichi

• 3,429 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 20:56

Its a 996 GT3 RSR leaving the pits on the 4th of July 2008 at 17:04:42 according to this :-

http://www.flickr.co...@N05/2657434985

It was uploaded to Flicker by an account called nordschleifenfan, which added to the likelyhood it was taken at the nordschleifen.

What races were being run on the 4th of July last year ?

EDIT: it appears to be competing in something called "VLN Lauf.5 Freitag Einstellfahrten".

See:-http://www.flickr.co...57605307388087/

Posted Image

#6 Youichi

Youichi

• 3,429 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 21:20

It was entered by "Rheydter Club für Motorsport" driven by :-
Moesgen, Richard
Moesgen, Lukas
Stephan, Jörg

See round 5 here:-
http://www.vln.de/hi...b.php?jahr=2008

Specificaly the car in 121 on the grid in :-
http://www.vln.de/in...2008-07-05t.pdf

#7 D-Type

D-Type

• 9,702 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 21:26

Originally posted by k1ngy

Thanks for that lol, just need more images

Well, the posting is as informative as the thread title you chose. Obviously like attracts like.

#8 k1ngy

k1ngy

• 156 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 06:36

Your absolutely right, many thanks for the details you have all been a great help.

#9 Bjorn Kjer

Bjorn Kjer

• 3,682 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 06:47

The VLN is a 10 round German championship over 4 or 6 hours , run on the Nurburgring Nordschleife and the short connection to the GP circuits for Touring and GT cars . There are many classes and a complicated points system to equal everything out. On overall its mostly Porsches in front with some BMWs and Viper etc. mixing in. Mainly German drivers , at times wellknown drop in , but also oldies and earlier top class routiniers.
Very popular in Germany , kind of longdistance club racing , but very professionally entrants and run.

#10 k1ngy

k1ngy

• 156 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 16:34

I have managed to contact the team press office and hopefully once they contact the owner of the car they will be able to get me the images i need all thanks to you guys,
much appreciated

#11 k1ngy

k1ngy

• 156 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 20:04

I have just had a mail back from the press office
I spoke to several people but unfortunately they all agreed that it's not the car of our driver.

To try on more pictures you could use the websites www.vln.de or www.20832.com.

Or you can also try to contact the press department of the VLN.

Now i have been onto 20832.com and looked through their photo's for that days racing and have found the below picture which i believe is the No.5 car from that race which as you can see isnt the Black one i am looking for, so i am back to square one.
http://20832.com/eve...0705_r&lang=eng
I have also in the same group of photos found this image which also shows this car was there? two No.5 entrants?
http://20832.com/eve...0705_r&lang=eng

I am going to contact VLN and see if they know, anyone else?

#12 Tim Wilkinson

Tim Wilkinson

• 78 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 23:50

I don't think it's a race car. The numbers roundels aren't the same as anything else competing, and if you zoom in on your first picture there's a passenger, and they don't look suitably attired.

That, couple with the "Fast and Furious" decal styling, my money is on a ring taxi of some kind, or as an outside bet a course / pace car, if VLN use them, running the day before the race, and possibly still around when the event was going on or the competitng cars were there to test.

Maybe post on some of the 'ring forums, and see if any of the regulars recognise it.

#13 Dolph

Dolph

• 12,163 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 08:22

Originally posted by D-Type
Well, the posting is as informative as the thread title you chose. Obviously like attracts like.

It was just an innocent joke. I didn't intend to offend. And I also think he understood that. Just you didn't.

Kinda on topic: it's good to see people helping out.

#14 Dolph

Dolph

• 12,163 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 08:25

Originally posted by Tim Wilkinson
I don't think it's a race car. The numbers roundels aren't the same as anything else competing, and if you zoom in on your first picture there's a passenger, and they don't look suitably attired.

That, couple with the "Fast and Furious" decal styling, my money is on a ring taxi of some kind, or as an outside bet a course / pace car, if VLN use them, running the day before the race, and possibly still around when the event was going on or the competitng cars were there to test.

Maybe post on some of the 'ring forums, and see if any of the regulars recognise it.

Adding to your thought: If you look very carefully you can see that the track map of Nurburgring Nordschleife is on the car (the F1 track on the bonnet and the rest of the track drawn on the rest of the car). So I think your idea of a ring taxi is spot on. :up: