Jump to content


Photo

Labbatt Williams FW14B


  • Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 macoran

macoran
  • Member

  • 3,989 posts
  • Joined: August 05

Posted 18 April 2009 - 12:50

Mucking around on the web I found jemb53' model site.
http://www.modellbau...nault-FW14B.htm

Did Patrese really run in this livery in Canada 1992 Williams FW14B

any action pics anywhere ?

Advertisement

#2 Tony Matthews

Tony Matthews
  • Member

  • 17,498 posts
  • Joined: September 08

Posted 18 April 2009 - 12:55

Marc, that's not a 14B! Surely it's a 12 or 13, I haven't looked at my photos, but I feel sure it's one or the other.

#3 macoran

macoran
  • Member

  • 3,989 posts
  • Joined: August 05

Posted 18 April 2009 - 13:24

Originally posted by Tony Matthews
Marc, that's not a 14B! Surely it's a 12 or 13, I haven't looked at my photos, but I feel sure it's one or the other.


You're right Tony ! It probably is 13. I concentrated so much thinking of the livery, and went on the
premise that jemb as an experience model builder would probably have his model numbers sorted.
Silly of me since you recently posted an FW13 suspension part-cutaway which should have kept me awake
as to the layout of the high placed actuating rockers under the "horns" in the nose.

#4 Twin Window

Twin Window
  • Nostalgia Host

  • 6,609 posts
  • Joined: May 04

Posted 18 April 2009 - 14:03

Originally posted by macoran

Did Patrese really run in this livery...?

To refer to that as a 'livery' is giving it overwhelmingly undeserved credit :rolleyes:

It looks to me as if someone has made the model, can't be bothered with the instructions nor the paint, and has merely applied the transfers at random.

#5 macoran

macoran
  • Member

  • 3,989 posts
  • Joined: August 05

Posted 18 April 2009 - 18:53

Originally posted by Alan Cox


Here's what the livery should look like


Yes, that's the why behind my question, did it ever run so pale and light ?

#6 Twin Window

Twin Window
  • Nostalgia Host

  • 6,609 posts
  • Joined: May 04

Posted 19 April 2009 - 11:21

Originally posted by Alan Cox

The answer has got to be "no".

Without doubt! As Alan says, he clearly had no paint or just couldn't be bothered - the main colour is in fact that of the bare plastic the kit was moulded in... :rolleyes:

As for the application of the transfers, many have just been slapped-on to fill a space; it looks to me as if the ones intended for the tyre sidewalls have ended-up on the engine cover, the rear wing endplates and the top of the chassis. Utter rubbish, and I don't want to look at it ever again!

#7 Tony Matthews

Tony Matthews
  • Member

  • 17,498 posts
  • Joined: September 08

Posted 19 April 2009 - 11:49

Originally posted by Twin Window
Utter rubbish, and I don't want to look at it ever again!


Unfortunately, I did....

#8 Benway

Benway
  • New Member

  • 16 posts
  • Joined: July 06

Posted 19 April 2009 - 18:04

this is even worse: http://www.modellbau...ren-MP4-s-4.htm

#9 gio66

gio66
  • Member

  • 1,431 posts
  • Joined: April 07

Posted 19 April 2009 - 18:37

Some model makers likes to joke. :lol:

#10 f1steveuk

f1steveuk
  • Member

  • 3,138 posts
  • Joined: June 04

Posted 19 April 2009 - 18:46

That Williams, I wasn't aware Stevie Wonder was a keen modeller.....................

There's a site somewhere on the WWW, and the models are paper, and they're countless times better

#11 gio66

gio66
  • Member

  • 1,431 posts
  • Joined: April 07

Posted 19 April 2009 - 18:51

Originally posted by f1steveuk
That Williams, I wasn't aware Stevie Wonder was a keen modeller.....................


:rotfl:

I thought about Picasso...

#12 john t

john t
  • Member

  • 186 posts
  • Joined: April 08

Posted 19 April 2009 - 18:55

The JPS Mk III (Lotus 78) isn't that entertaining until you look at Marios gloves..........As worn by Liberace.

#13 Rockford

Rockford
  • Member

  • 421 posts
  • Joined: February 05

Posted 19 April 2009 - 21:01

This could turn out to be a fantastic thread - posts of the best of the worst models found on the web. jemb53 is going to take some beating. Infact, I think jemb53 should be taking some beating...

I may be wrong, but I think the sticker on the rear wing of his Brabham BT50 may be the wrong way round

http://www.modellbau...rabham-BT50.htm

#14 Alan Cox

Alan Cox
  • Member

  • 7,640 posts
  • Joined: March 03

Posted 19 April 2009 - 21:12

All a bit of a shame really, as the poor guy has obviously put a lot of time into his website, which is quite well constructed....

PS Yes, the Parmalat decals are the wrong way round on the BT50

#15 Tim Murray

Tim Murray
  • Member

  • 14,221 posts
  • Joined: May 02

Posted 20 April 2009 - 09:10

Originally posted by f1steveuk
There's a site somewhere on the WWW, and the models are paper, and they're countless times better

TNfer 'Honza' has this site featuring his amazing paper models:

www.modelyf1.ic.cz

#16 f1steveuk

f1steveuk
  • Member

  • 3,138 posts
  • Joined: June 04

Posted 20 April 2009 - 14:51

Originally posted by Tim Murray
TNfer 'Honza' has this site featuring his amazing paper models:

www.modelyf1.ic.cz


Yep, there the ones, really very very good

#17 potmotr

potmotr
  • Member

  • 9,999 posts
  • Joined: January 08

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:52

Originally posted by Twin Window

It looks to me as if someone has made the model, can't be bothered with the instructions nor the paint, and has merely applied the transfers at random.


Yes, I can't remember Patrese's FW13B running with its bottom on the ground and both rear wheels off the deck...

#18 wdm

wdm
  • Member

  • 163 posts
  • Joined: March 04

Posted 21 April 2009 - 10:51

What a fantastic thread!

I'm particularly impressed by the sight of a post-Chapman Lotus pushing the design boundaries: http://www.modellbau...s-99T-Honda.htm :eek: :lol:

#19 Tony Matthews

Tony Matthews
  • Member

  • 17,498 posts
  • Joined: September 08

Posted 21 April 2009 - 10:59

Originally posted by wdm
What a fantastic thread!

I'm particularly impressed by the sight of a post-Chapman Lotus pushing the design boundaries: http://www.modellbau...s-99T-Honda.htm :eek: :lol:


Obviously a forerunner of the Hanford Wing - and guarantees massive downforce in reverse gear. Funny thing is, I didn't notice it the first time - what am I like?

Advertisement

#20 fines

fines
  • Member

  • 9,647 posts
  • Joined: September 00

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:21

Originally posted by wdm
What a fantastic thread!

I'm particularly impressed by the sight of a post-Chapman Lotus pushing the design boundaries: http://www.modellbau...s-99T-Honda.htm :eek: :lol:

:lol: What a hoot!

Perhaps it was the "garage version", a convenient way for mechanics to put their tools on when working on the car next in line? :drunk:

#21 uffen

uffen
  • Member

  • 893 posts
  • Joined: April 04

Posted 21 April 2009 - 11:31

The background is obviously a photograph itself, the wheels don't tounch the ground (floor), and the decals are poorly applied. A model of an older Williams with some imaginative graphics. A mess, really.

#22 potmotr

potmotr
  • Member

  • 9,999 posts
  • Joined: January 08

Posted 21 April 2009 - 13:27

Originally posted by wdm
What a fantastic thread!

I'm particularly impressed by the sight of a post-Chapman Lotus pushing the design boundaries: http://www.modellbau...s-99T-Honda.htm :eek: :lol:


Oh, that is just brilliant! :rotfl:

Are we looking at work of the same model maker here?

Compared to his earlier effort on the FW13 the Lotus is concourse.

#23 potmotr

potmotr
  • Member

  • 9,999 posts
  • Joined: January 08

Posted 21 April 2009 - 14:26

Wow, check out this beauty from 2000.

Williams sure loved their one-off Canadian Grand Prix liveries.

http://www.modellbau...ms-BMW-FW23.htm

#24 Bonde

Bonde
  • Member

  • 959 posts
  • Joined: December 04

Posted 21 April 2009 - 14:26

Actually Murray beat Lotus to the reversed rear wing tweak - it's not the decals on the BT50 wing that are reversed, it's the whole bloody wing on that one also! :clap:

#25 bigears

bigears
  • Member

  • 872 posts
  • Joined: January 04

Posted 21 April 2009 - 15:51

Surely this is Michael Schumacher's Benetton from the 1992 Hungarian Grand Prix?

http://www.modellbau...netton-B192.htm

#26 doc knutsen

doc knutsen
  • Member

  • 470 posts
  • Joined: May 03

Posted 21 April 2009 - 17:07

Originally posted by Alan Cox
All a bit of a shame really, as the poor guy has obviously put a lot of time into his website, which is quite well constructed....

PS Yes, the Parmalat decals are the wrong way round on the BT50


The whole thing is a hoot...the whole WING is the wrong side around on the BT50. Also, the text accompanying the McLaren states that Bruce made his GP debut at Monaco 1966, and that Denny took the first victory for McLaren-Ford in 1973...

#27 Alan Cox

Alan Cox
  • Member

  • 7,640 posts
  • Joined: March 03

Posted 21 April 2009 - 17:15

I wonder what time this one left the starting ramp in Brescia in 1955

http://www.modellbau...e/MB-300SLR.htm

He seems to have a "thing" about mounting the rear wings to generate maximum lift..
http://www.modellbau...rrari-F2001.htm
http://www.modellbau.../Lotus-102B.htm

#28 fines

fines
  • Member

  • 9,647 posts
  • Joined: September 00

Posted 21 April 2009 - 17:36

Very brave to put all these crummy models on a webpage! :o I wouldn't even put them on a shelf in the darkest corner of my closet! :lol:

#29 wdm

wdm
  • Member

  • 163 posts
  • Joined: March 04

Posted 21 April 2009 - 17:37

Originally posted by Alan Cox
I wonder what time this one left the starting ramp in Brescia in 1955

http://www.modellbau...e/MB-300SLR.htm

:rotfl: :up:

#30 gio66

gio66
  • Member

  • 1,431 posts
  • Joined: April 07

Posted 21 April 2009 - 18:15

Originally posted by Alan Cox
I wonder what time this one left the starting ramp in Brescia in 1955


:confused:

72 minutes after midnight? :rotfl:

We have to admit it's a unique work of art :lol:

#31 potmotr

potmotr
  • Member

  • 9,999 posts
  • Joined: January 08

Posted 21 April 2009 - 22:32

Originally posted by bigears
Surely this is Michael Schumacher's Benetton from the 1992 Hungarian Grand Prix?

http://www.modellbau...netton-B192.htm


It must be!

I think that particular model would be awfully loud and uncomfortable, given there is no seat or airbox front...

#32 potmotr

potmotr
  • Member

  • 9,999 posts
  • Joined: January 08

Posted 21 April 2009 - 22:34

Originally posted by fines
Very brave to put all these crummy models on a webpage! :o I wouldn't even put them on a shelf in the darkest corner of my closet! :lol:


My fat fingers have build more than a dozen of these Tamiya models and they're not that hard!

#33 f1steveuk

f1steveuk
  • Member

  • 3,138 posts
  • Joined: June 04

Posted 22 April 2009 - 09:57

Slightly OT, but sort of connected (!!) we may of course be slating a very young or slightly "incapacitated" modeller, whose doing his best, but to KEEP mounting the rear wings backwrds, that's just plain odd!

Emanuele Pirro (see, back on thread ish) is a very keen modeller, I don't know if he has a website, but his aero models are fantastic. I also looked through a site recently where we were taken through the build of a 1/43rd Tyrrell 006, the detailing took my breath away. If only I had the time, skill, knowledge, etc etc etc....

#34 potmotr

potmotr
  • Member

  • 9,999 posts
  • Joined: January 08

Posted 22 April 2009 - 14:28

Originally posted by f1steveuk

Emanuele Pirro (see, back on thread ish) is a very keen modeller, I don't know if he has a website, but his aero models are fantastic. I also looked through a site recently where we were taken through the build of a 1/43rd Tyrrell 006, the detailing took my breath away. If only I had the time, skill, knowledge, etc etc etc....


Can you link me to that site please? I'd love to see Pirro's work.

#35 f1steveuk

f1steveuk
  • Member

  • 3,138 posts
  • Joined: June 04

Posted 22 April 2009 - 14:52

"I don't know if he has a website", and it doesn't look like he has! I'll ask him if I can post a picture or two here, although they are mainly aircraft.

#36 stevewf1

stevewf1
  • Member

  • 3,254 posts
  • Joined: December 05

Posted 22 April 2009 - 14:57

This person jemb53 obviously puts a lot of effort into these models. Have no idea who this person is, but I'm wondering if he's dyslexic or perhaps has some other "challenged" issues. :confused:

Just a thought...

#37 potmotr

potmotr
  • Member

  • 9,999 posts
  • Joined: January 08

Posted 22 April 2009 - 15:24

Originally posted by f1steveuk
"I don't know if he has a website", and it doesn't look like he has! I'll ask him if I can post a picture or two here, although they are mainly aircraft.


Good man. I met Pirro some years back and he was a top bloke.

#38 D-Type

D-Type
  • Member

  • 8,023 posts
  • Joined: February 03

Posted 22 April 2009 - 20:34

Originally posted by f1steveuk
Slightly OT, but sort of connected (!!) we may of course be slating a very young or slightly "incapacitated" modeller, whose doing his best, but to KEEP mounting the rear wings backwrds, that's just plain odd!

Emanuele Pirro (see, back on thread ish) is a very keen modeller, I don't know if he has a website, but his aero models are fantastic. I also looked through a site recently where we were taken through the build of a 1/43rd Tyrrell 006, the detailing took my breath away. If only I had the time, skill, knowledge, etc etc etc....


Originally posted by stevewf1
This person jemb53 obviously puts a lot of effort into these models. Have no idea who this person is, but I'm wondering if he's dyslexic or perhaps has some other "challenged" issues.

Just a thought...


I was thinking along similar lines

#39 Rockford

Rockford
  • Member

  • 421 posts
  • Joined: February 05

Posted 22 April 2009 - 21:16

Originally posted by stevewf1
This person jemb53 obviously puts a lot of effort into these models. Have no idea who this person is, but I'm wondering if he's dyslexic or perhaps has some other "challenged" issues. :confused:

Just a thought...


Yes, on reflection I was about to post something similar. Probably shouldn't take the mick too much as we don't know the circumstances, and can certainly appreciate a level of enthusiasm. Happy modelling jemb53! :up:

Advertisement

#40 macoran

macoran
  • Member

  • 3,989 posts
  • Joined: August 05

Posted 22 April 2009 - 23:11

Originally posted by Rockford


Yes, on reflection I was about to post something similar. Probably shouldn't take the mick too much as we don't know the circumstances, and can certainly appreciate a level of enthusiasm. Happy modelling jemb53! :up:


It was my first glimpse of his Labatt" liveried " Williams (sorry TW,... in future I'll sign off with xcuse my Inglish I am Dutch) which made me raise my question. I also said in my opening post,............. that.....blahblah......he was an experienced modeller ( basing that on the fact that he had such an elaborate site, which I had not perused and studied sufficiently) blahblah....my linguistic mistake. I think jemb is an enthusiast who is enjoying himself, we are just a bunch of. oh what the...........................
Thread should have been removed after TWs first response
I'll just erase myself
As long as jemb enjoys himself I am fine.

#41 wdm

wdm
  • Member

  • 163 posts
  • Joined: March 04

Posted 23 April 2009 - 08:56

Originally posted by f1steveuk
we may of course be slating a very young or slightly "incapacitated" modeller, whose doing his best

I'm afraid that thought only started needling at me after I'd posted.

I enthused over the positives of the internet a few days ago on another thread, but I have succumbed to one of the negatives of it here: the ease of giving an 'informed' response to something I may not (and probably) don't know the half of...

My apologies :blush:

wdm

#42 f1steveuk

f1steveuk
  • Member

  • 3,138 posts
  • Joined: June 04

Posted 23 April 2009 - 17:38

Only on TNF could you expect such ethics, most other sites/forum's (fori) would "publish and be damned", what a nice bunch we are :kiss:

#43 Chris Bloom

Chris Bloom
  • Member

  • 605 posts
  • Joined: April 01

Posted 23 April 2009 - 18:36

Originally posted by Benway
this is even worse: http://www.modellbau...ren-MP4-s-4.htm


That looks more like a Penske. It was them who ran the Marlboro livery in CART wasn't it?

#44 Chris Bloom

Chris Bloom
  • Member

  • 605 posts
  • Joined: April 01

Posted 23 April 2009 - 18:46

Originally posted by wdm
What a fantastic thread!

I'm particularly impressed by the sight of a post-Chapman Lotus pushing the design boundaries: http://www.modellbau...s-99T-Honda.htm :eek: :lol:


Too funny :rotfl:

#45 potmotr

potmotr
  • Member

  • 9,999 posts
  • Joined: January 08

Posted 23 April 2009 - 20:27

Originally posted by Benway
this is even worse: http://www.modellbau...ren-MP4-s-4.htm


This one is being driver by the black-helmeted original Stig.

Perry McCarthy did get a F1 start after all, and for a top team!

#46 MODE

MODE
  • Member

  • 305 posts
  • Joined: February 04

Posted 04 May 2009 - 16:05

The good news about the FW14 (not the B) is that a chassis is now in private hands and it even ran at Donington some days ago (same story for a FW18), hope to have a close look at it in the future :drunk: