Jump to content


Photo

Force India 7 tenths slower than anyone else


  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Madras

Madras
  • Member

  • 3,911 posts
  • Joined: November 07

Posted 18 April 2009 - 15:07

Quite surprised by this, their car is very slow. In fact if Kubica, Piquet and Bourdais had done as well as their team mates Force India would have been a full second slower than the rest.

Advertisement

#2 Whoosh

Whoosh
  • New Member

  • 12 posts
  • Joined: March 09

Posted 18 April 2009 - 15:20

I think when you consider the budget and the history of the team that 7 tenths of a second is pretty good. In fact the other teams should be thinking about where all their money has gone if they can only qualify 7/10ths ahead of Force India.

#3 BiH

BiH
  • Member

  • 2,309 posts
  • Joined: September 05

Posted 18 April 2009 - 15:22

k seriously how many threads are you going to create :rolleyes:

there is such thing called

post qualfying thread

#4 Madras

Madras
  • Member

  • 3,911 posts
  • Joined: November 07

Posted 18 April 2009 - 15:24

Originally posted by Whoosh
I think when you consider the budget and the history of the team that 7 tenths of a second is pretty good. In fact the other teams should be thinking about where all their money has gone if they can only qualify 7/10ths ahead of Force India.


The thing is all the engines are pretty much equal now so Force India being 7 to 10 tenths of a second slower than the rest means their aero is pretty dire. They're 2.5 seconds slower than Brawn/Red Bull etc

#5 Madras

Madras
  • Member

  • 3,911 posts
  • Joined: November 07

Posted 18 April 2009 - 15:24

Originally posted by BiH
k seriously how many threads are you going to create :rolleyes:

there is such thing called

post qualfying thread


Calm down.

#6 Bloggsworth

Bloggsworth
  • Member

  • 7,443 posts
  • Joined: April 07

Posted 18 April 2009 - 16:59

Force India 70% less money than everybody else..........................

#7 Gilles12

Gilles12
  • Member

  • 853 posts
  • Joined: June 08

Posted 18 April 2009 - 17:47

Soft drinks sell better than beer?

#8 alfa1

alfa1
  • Member

  • 1,772 posts
  • Joined: June 02

Posted 18 April 2009 - 18:21

Originally posted by Madras
They're 2.5 seconds slower than Brawn/Red Bull etc



Historically speaking, that is very close for the back of the field team.
Remember the days of the 107% rule? This one is about 2.5%.

#9 Madras

Madras
  • Member

  • 3,911 posts
  • Joined: November 07

Posted 18 April 2009 - 20:01

Originally posted by alfa1



Historically speaking, that is very close for the back of the field team.
Remember the days of the 107% rule? This one is about 2.5%.


Yes, but in those days the engines were not all equal, and that was a major factor.

#10 Chubby_Deuce

Chubby_Deuce
  • Member

  • 5,917 posts
  • Joined: July 04

Posted 19 April 2009 - 00:31

It's a Force India, why are you shocked by this?

#11 Madras

Madras
  • Member

  • 3,911 posts
  • Joined: November 07

Posted 19 April 2009 - 00:32

Originally posted by Chubby_Deuce
It's a Force India, why are you shocked by this?


I'm not. Vijay must be pissed, though.

#12 Seanspeed

Seanspeed
  • Member

  • 14,290 posts
  • Joined: October 08

Posted 19 April 2009 - 01:00

They're pretty much in the same position they were in last year. For a team that were expecting some sort of jump forward, they should definitely feel a little disappointed. Cant say I'm too surprised, though.