Photo

1960 Turquoise Corvette Fuelie big brake racing history help

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 speedracer-tom

speedracer-tom

• 6 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:04

I have a 1960 Corvette Big Brake Fuelie that was originally turquoise/turquoise. It shows evidence of having been raced. Roll bar, windscreen, body mods, body damage, etc.
The car is from Central Illinois and was retired from racing by 1968. Possibly raced at Meadowdale as #23 (not positive).
I am pursuing a lead that my car may have belonged to a Bill Sinclair from Barrington Hills, Illinois near Chicago.
I am trying to find contact information for Mr. Sinclair. He would be around 65-70 years old.
If anyone has any information that may lead me to the history of my car or Mr. Sinclair please contact me at 419-645-4080 or email me at speedracer-tom@woh.rr.com.

Advertisement

#2 rdrcr

rdrcr

• 2,727 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:20

Hi there - welcome to TNF and best of luck finding the history behind your Vette - this is about as good a spot as any to begin your search.

This gentleman, Jim Gessner, may be able to assist you.

#3 speedracer-tom

speedracer-tom

• 6 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:27

Richard, Thanks for the welcome! You do know the go to guy!!! Jim has been helping me with this search over the past couple years. No luck yet. I forgot to mention that the car was factory equipped with the super rare 5 1/2" wheels, and was also heater and radio delete. Born to race!!!! Tom

#4 rdrcr

rdrcr

• 2,727 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:39

...a couple of years!?! Hmm, not very encouraging if you have already enlisted Jim's help!

Have you tried the process of elimination in that area yet?

The White Pages for Bill Sinclair - Illinois - then call each number that has a Bill or William Sinclair listed, who is = or > 65.

Let us know if you uncover any other clues - sounds like a v. cool car - a turquoise fuelie with those deletes, etc. etc.

Good luck ~

#5 speedracer-tom

speedracer-tom

• 6 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 05:02

Richard, A friend of Bill Sinclair contacted me recently and told me that Bill owned a 60 Corvette identical to mine in the early 60's. They both lived in Barrington/Barrington Hills. Barrington is close to Meadowdale Raceway. He told me that in 1965 Bill had an Echidna that he raced at Meadowdale. He thought the Echidna was bought from Dick Doane, who was big into racing Vettes. Any help from anyone out there in locating Mr. Sinclair would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Tom

#6 speedracer-tom

speedracer-tom

• 6 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 02:16

Does anyone know Bill Sinclair through his Echidna involvement?

#7 speedracer-tom

speedracer-tom

• 6 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 00:35

bump

#8 speedracer-tom

speedracer-tom

• 6 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 23:38

I'm still looking for Mr. Sinclair from Barrington Hills Il. around 1965. He raced at Meadowdale Raceway. Thanks, Tom