Photo

Prost bio

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Dunc

Dunc

• 924 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 15:51

Can anyone recommend a good biography about Alain Prost? I've been searching Amazon but can't seem to find anything good.

Advertisement

#2 MLC

MLC

• 537 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 19:33

Can anyone recommend a good biography about Alain Prost? I've been searching Amazon but can't seem to find anything good.

For English language Prost bios, the book by Christopher Hilton is not bad.

#3 COUGAR508

COUGAR508

• 1,184 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 20:04

For English language Prost bios, the book by Christopher Hilton is not bad.

Yes, I have that one in paperback.

There was another one, called "Life In the Fast Lane", the last edition of which was published around 1990/1991, I think.

#4 962C

962C

• 126 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 20:19

I don't know how good the English translation is, but I would still recommend "Alain Prost: The Science of Racing" by Pierre Ménard and Jacques Vassal, two of the best French motor racing historians and writers.

#5 Dunc

Dunc

• 924 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 21:38

I don't know how good the English translation is, but I would still recommend "Alain Prost: The Science of Racing" by Pierre Ménard and Jacques Vassal, two of the best French motor racing historians and writers.

Cheers guys - Amazoning and Ebaying now :)

I have a reasonable command of French, can anyone recommend anything in that language?

#6 Hank the Deuce

Hank the Deuce

• 286 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 00:26

I bought Life In The Fast Lane many years ago, and remember it as being a little "How I Won The War"... I flicked thru it two weeks ago while unpacking a moving box full of stuff - and searching fruitlessly for To Hell And Back - and probably should sit down and digest it anew. It was, from memory, a little light on for insight on what made him "The Professor", but it does seem to extensively the who's and when's of various games of Belote played among the F1 Gallic push.

#7 Zippel

Zippel

• 1,145 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 05:53

There was another one, called "Life In the Fast Lane", the last edition of which was published around 1990/1991, I think.

That was quite lacking though, especially as it only included his life up to the end of 1988. I wish he would write one encompassing his whole F1 career. Wasn't a fan of his back in the day but it would still make for great reading from his point of view.

#8 COUGAR508

COUGAR508

• 1,184 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 21:06

That was quite lacking though, especially as it only included his life up to the end of 1988. I wish he would write one encompassing his whole F1 career. Wasn't a fan of his back in the day but it would still make for great reading from his point of view.

Yes, there is probably a gap in the market for the definitive Prost biography, including his period with Williams and his time as a team owner.