Photo

TNF on FB

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 rdrcr

rdrcr

• 2,699 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 13:50

I thought I'd take a moment to say thanks to all the TNF people that have "added" me on FB. To my surprise, (though I don't really know why), there are quite a few of us here, on there... Even though we may see one another at various events and gatherings, FB is also a fine way of getting updated about goings on in the hobby as well with some of the "personalization", as we are spread out over great distances.

While I remain leery about some aspects of Facebook's controls and rights, (I still keep sensitive personal info v. private) and of the reported nefarious phishing apps. that comb that site for info, I think it's a good way of staying in touch on a personal level. So, I would like to invite those who haven't yet registered to FB, to give it a try.

Cheers!

Edited by rdrcr, 03 May 2009 - 19:46.

Advertisement

#2 Paul Taylor

Paul Taylor

• 1,094 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 14:00

FB meaning Facebook?

#3 rdrcr

rdrcr

• 2,699 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 15:35

Yeah, that's the one...

#4 Stephen W

Stephen W

• 11,713 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 16:26

While I remain leery about some aspects of FBs controls and rights, (I still keep sensitive personal info v. private) and of the reported nefarious phishing apps. that comb that site for info, I think it's a good way of staying in touch on a personal level. So, I would like to invite those who haven't yet registered to FB, to give it a try.

Cheers!

I don't allow any applications access to my data. It can be a pain when you get invites to jopi in but better to be safe than sorry.

:wave:

#5 rdrcr

rdrcr

• 2,699 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 19:49

Good point and I should try to adhere to that... 'cept some people feel bad when you don't "play along" - though when that happens, I'll just have to explain my position better.

#6 Paul Taylor

Paul Taylor

• 1,094 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 20:13

I have strayed away from installing applications completely, even the safe ones. I don't really need to know what kind of chocolate bar I am, or what kind of dog I am...They really clutter your profile page as well - super walls, fun walls, super pokes... :rolleyes: :down:

#7 Stephen W

Stephen W

• 11,713 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 08:52

I have strayed away from installing applications completely, even the safe ones. I don't really need to know what kind of chocolate bar I am, or what kind of dog I am...They really clutter your profile page as well - super walls, fun walls, super pokes... :rolleyes: :down:

:rotfl:

The latest rage if Five Cars I've Owned - personally I want to forget most of them! :wave:

#8 David Beard

David Beard

• 4,886 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 20:05

While I remain leery about some aspects of Facebook's controls and rights, (I still keep sensitive personal info v. private)
Cheers!

Interesting that you use your full name on FB, but not here, Richard? And that you want to be my FB friend after that PM you sent me on the occasion of my misguided attempt at humour with regard to a certain American's hat? ;)