Photo

My day With Jesse Alexander

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CJE

CJE

• 152 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 15:25

I was at the R Gruppe Treffen this past weekend in Cambria California. R Gruppe is a club dedicated to sports-purpose 1965-73 Porsche 911's. Jesse Alexander was in attendance and was my co-driver for one of the weekend drives. What an honor and a thrill. As we were into a fairly aggressive drive on a tight, twisty canyon road I thought I should ask if he was OK with the speeds I was traveling at. Jesse replied, "Well, I've lapped the Nurburgring with Phil Hill driving. We're fine." :lol: He was, of course, juggling a number of cameras as we went along and took 100's of fotos, often asking is I would go off-line a bit so he could get the correct composition. We had lunch and he told me some great stories. A fantastic day!

Photo Here

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by CJE, 05 May 2009 - 15:27.

Advertisement

#2 B Squared

B Squared

• 7,349 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 17:15

My Mom is from the Santa Barbara area, which is where Mr. Alexander lives, if I'm not mistaken. I am hoping that you'll be able to relate some more of this fantastic opportunity to spend time with this master. Some of the photos from your run perhaps?

Brian

#3 CJE

CJE

• 152 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 00:17

My Mom is from the Santa Barbara area, which is where Mr. Alexander lives, if I'm not mistaken. I am hoping that you'll be able to relate some more of this fantastic opportunity to spend time with this master. Some of the photos from your run perhaps?

Brian

Yes, he still lives in Santa Barbara. He's currently spending time on the monumental task of scanning, editing and archiving his entire library. And then trying to figure out what to do with it .... he said he's found many 'new' images he hasn't seen before.

I didn't take many fotos but maybe he'll send me some of his. He is, of course, shooting all digital (Canon) these days. He shoots film every once in a while for fun. He really enjoyed the event and said it was the most fun he's had at an auto event in years. He hardly ever attends the races these days.

Edited by CJE, 06 May 2009 - 00:20.