BBC's end of season reviews music

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ciadelta16

ciadelta16

• 4 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 16:52

Afternoon.
New to this forum so hello. Have been after the answer to this specific question for years and years and have had no luck in finding an answer, so new forum and hopefully new suggestions

When the BBC used to put their season reviews to music in the eighties, they used a peice of instrumental music that has stuck in my head and is still there twenty odd years later. I can play it perfectly in my own mind but have never heard it since!! It was guitar music not disimilar to an Allman brothers track buthaving listened to a lot of Allman brothers music lately,it isnt them:).

All I can say is that it isnt 1989 as this is Fleetwood Mac's `Go your own way`. Just wondered if anyone had these end of season reviews to hand or knew what I am on about?

All suggestions greatfully received

Many thanks

Luke.

Advertisement

#2 Paul Parker

Paul Parker

• 2,198 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 17:11

Presumably this particular thread has gone walkabout.

This is a forum for motor sport history or subjects directly related to it Luke.

Nevertheless somebody better informed than me will probably answer your query correctly, it's that sort of place!

#3 ciadelta16

ciadelta16

• 4 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 17:27

Sorry if this particular thread has been placed in the incorrect room.

There didnt appear to be a room that related in any way to the question i wanted to ask, so I took a chance on the nostalgia room being in some way related!!

Edited by ciadelta16, 13 May 2009 - 17:30.

#4 AlanR

AlanR

• 48 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 17:29

Was it this?

I know it was used when showing the starting grid but can't recall if it was used for the musical montages. I will dig out some old videos if it isn't the right piece, and see if they still play after years of being confined to a dusty spare room.

#5 ciadelta16

ciadelta16

• 4 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 17:49

Was it this?

I know it was used when showing the starting grid but can't recall if it was used for the musical montages. I will dig out some old videos if it isn't the right piece, and see if they still play after years of being confined to a dusty spare room.

Good choice but no, it wasnt that one. That was Ivory Tower by Limahl. Have that one already:). Remember it fondly.

I can narrow it down as being the season de cesaris had the big roll at Zeltweg. I can remember watching that crash as the car hit the bank and rolled and rolled several times

#6 Tim Murray

Tim Murray

• 24,604 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 17:59

I can narrow it down as being the season de cesaris had the big roll at Zeltweg. I can remember watching that crash as the car hit the bank and rolled and rolled several times

That would make it 1985.

#7 AlanR

AlanR

• 48 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 18:11

...and I am playing the review as I type, and guess what, the music is Ivory Tower!

#8 Phil Rainford

Phil Rainford

• 5,302 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 18:27

Good choice but no, it wasnt that one. That was Ivory Tower by Limahl. Have that one already:). Remember it fondly.

PAR

#9 ciadelta16

ciadelta16

• 4 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 18:53

It cant be that season then:( Sorry....My bad!!

I remember the music being a very similar instrumental track to Allman brothers bands 'Jessica' . With the harmonizing electric guitars. I can rule out 1985 and 1989 then. eight more to check:)

Edited by ciadelta16, 13 May 2009 - 18:55.