Photo

If I were a rich man.......

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 john winfield

john winfield

• 5,658 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 13:11

....I'd tuck my loose Euros in the glove compartment.

OT, OTNF? but quite funny. 'Fines', are you near enough to hoover up any of the lost notes?

http://news.bbc.co.u...ope/8051476.stm

Advertisement

#2 fines

fines

• 9,647 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 17:16

*stashing away the loot...*

:smoking:

[feigned innocent look] Huh? Who? What? Didn't notice anything... [/feigned innocent look] :blush:

Poor sod! If he's unlucky, he'll end up paying more for the police search than whatever he retrieved of the sum! :|

#3 kayemod

kayemod

• 9,588 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 18:36

If the man was planning to buy a used Audi cabrio with a wad of notes, the German authorities can't have the same concerns over money laundering as they do over here. A friend of mine tried something similar, and got a dawn visit from Inland Revenue/Customs & Excise. Fortunately, he was able to explain how he'd come into possession of about £15,000 in used notes, but they were threatening to do a full search of his house. This is the way he told me the story though, there might have been a few significant details that he didn't bother to impart. I've heard of UK banks and building societies asking lots of awkward questions over large cash deposits, seems as if our car dealers can be the same.

I saw that German story on Reuters, very surprised he managed to recover as much as he did.