Photo

Dave Brodie

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dchunkyone

dchunkyone

• 2 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 20:21

hi peeps i am new on here but i do connect well with run baby run, this is true fact that my uncle helped dave brodie build his car and my uncle still has contact with him too, my mum knew gerry marshall, and when i was born in 1970 my mum was taking me too brands hatch to watch him.

and as regards to my uncle just a quick fact the engine was gold plated in places and you can verify this if you need too.

anyway i am looking for some pictures of run baby run (black and white) if anybody has any please.

regards

steve.

Advertisement

#2 Doug Nye

Doug Nye

• 11,524 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 20:50

I was at a lunch with Brode last week and Chris Marshall reminded him of a race at Thruxton in which he stalled on the front row of the grid, I think in a Mazda - could well be wrong, tin-tops, I glaze over... Anyway, everyone in the pits watched aghast as the entire field blazed away around him, only for some poor sap from the back of the grid to arrive, unsighted, and plant him straight up the tail in an enormous drop-kick. Instantaneously, Brode's racer instincts took over, he selected second gear as his stove-in car was still rolling forwards from the impact, popped the clutch and re-started his stalled engine! Despite his car being about two-feet shorter than list, he then blazed back through the entire field. Perhaps others recall that race?

DCN

Edited by Doug Nye, 19 May 2009 - 20:51.