Photo

Was the BRM P160E underrated?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tom58long

tom58long

• 36 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 22:23

spending few (always half) nights at the ganley-thread it came to my memory, that about 10 to 15 years ago - when i travelled frequently from suisse to france or the other way round - i recognized a car dealer who had a 160E in the open-air showroom in front. guess it was just across the border on the suisse side and i guess also it was a regga-car. i never managed it to stop by but i think of it from time to time.

does anybody know more about this particular car? ......and...i didn´t found a suitable 160-thread here. there should be one! the car deserves it. as far as i know there was no letter-edition till 1973, when the E-type was run. all before was just the 160. what is the story of the the B-, C-, and D-types?

okay, the 160 does not have such impressing history as a mclaren m23 and a lotus 72somewhat, but at least it was good for a few victory´s and i think that a 1973 win didn´t happen due to the dominating m23, 72D and 005/006 ........and at least due to the confusion in canada.

Edited by tom58long, 20 May 2009 - 22:30.

Advertisement

#2 Bill Harding

Bill Harding

• 85 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 19:53

spending few (always half) nights at the ganley-thread it came to my memory, that about 10 to 15 years ago - when i travelled frequently from suisse to france or the other way round - i recognized a car dealer who had a 160E in the open-air showroom in front. guess it was just across the border on the suisse side and i guess also it was a regga-car. i never managed it to stop by but i think of it from time to time.

does anybody know more about this particular car? ......and...i didn´t found a suitable 160-thread here. there should be one! the car deserves it. as far as i know there was no letter-edition till 1973, when the E-type was run. all before was just the 160. what is the story of the the B-, C-, and D-types?

okay, the 160 does not have such impressing history as a mclaren m23 and a lotus 72somewhat, but at least it was good for a few victory´s and i think that a 1973 win didn´t happen due to the dominating m23, 72D and 005/006 ........and at least due to the confusion in canada.

Presumably you were in Geneva ?
The "car" was one of a series of P180 fibreglass mock ups made for Marlboro.