Autosport Christmas Special Edition 1995

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 ahphoto

ahphoto

• 5 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 10:05

Hi Everybody,

I am wondering if anybody can help me, I am very new to forums so PLEASE bear with me :)

I am looking for a particular picture which was featured in the christmas special edition of autosport magazine in december of 1995.

I have been looking for this photo for years.

In the magazine there was a separate pull out called images of the year or something like that.

In that pull out there is an amazing close up photo of Jean Alesi in the ferrari with a back visor on.

Basically I am looking either to buy this issue from somebody or look for some information of where I can get a copy of the photo.

If anybody has got this issue please can you tell me if there is any information on who the photographer is of the photo or if there is any information of a stoick photo agency.

Thank you so much.

Advertisement

#2 mfd

mfd

• 2,987 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 10:31

Basically I am looking either to buy this issue from somebody or look for some information of where I can get a copy of the photo.

This is the close up side profile photo, where it shows a bit of the prancing horse in the bottom rh corner?

#3 ahphoto

ahphoto

• 5 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 10:45

This is the close up side profile photo, where it shows a bit of the prancing horse in the bottom rh corner?

yes I believe so, I havent seen the photo for many years but I remeber it, yes it is a side profile shot, close up, back visor, plain blue top of his helmet before it had rain drops on it.

Thats all I can remember really, I do remember the "Images of the year" magazine having a photo of Stan Fox's crash at Indy that year where his legs are totally ouut of the cockpit

#4 JB Miltonian

JB Miltonian

• 548 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 11:03

I just looked in the Autosport issue of 21/28 December 1995, and in the "F1 Review 95" that came with said issue, and I can't find the picture you are seeking. I checked page by page. The "Pictures of the Year" section is in the main magazine - no Alesi pix. There is one telephoto shot of Alesi in the Ferrari (with a dark visor) in the supplement, but it's an ad for "F1 Racing" magazine.

Is it possible that the picture is in the "Grand Prix Review '95" annual? I only have these up to 1992.

#5 ahphoto

ahphoto

• 5 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 11:08

I just looked in the Autosport issue of 21/28 December 1995, and in the "F1 Review 95" that came with said issue, and I can't find the picture you are seeking. I checked page by page. The "Pictures of the Year" section is in the main magazine - no Alesi pix. There is one telephoto shot of Alesi in the Ferrari (with a dark visor) in the supplement, but it's an ad for "F1 Racing" magazine.

Is it possible that the picture is in the "Grand Prix Review '95" annual? I only have these up to 1992.

Hi thanks for your reply, as far as my mind serves me it was in one of those issues, have you seen the photo of stan fox in the isses you have looked at?

#6 JB Miltonian

JB Miltonian

• 548 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 11:21

Hi thanks for your reply, as far as my mind serves me it was in one of those issues, have you seen the photo of stan fox in the isses you have looked at?

The amazing photo of Stan Fox's accident is indeed in the "Pictures of the Year" section. The first picture is a dark silhouette (side profile) of Damon Hill. No Alesi.

#7 mfd

mfd

• 2,987 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 11:21

yes I believe so, I havent seen the photo for many years but I remeber it, yes it is a side profile shot, close up, back visor, plain blue top of his helmet before it had rain drops on it.

Yes the top is plain blue. The back of the page has the month August. So it was an Autosport sized landscape mini calendar. It's an LAT photo, so I'm not posting it.

#8 ahphoto

ahphoto

• 5 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 12:19

Yes the top is plain blue. The back of the page has the month August. So it was an Autosport sized landscape mini calendar. It's an LAT photo, so I'm not posting it.

Thank you for that information, I have just been onto LAT's webiste and I cannot find it in their archive, does it have any other infomation ie date, race or photographer

#9 mfd

mfd

• 2,987 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 12:51

Thank you for that information, I have just been onto LAT's webiste and I cannot find it in their archive, does it have any other infomation ie date, race or photographer

Try them ! LAT is at 0208 251 3000

#10 JB Miltonian

JB Miltonian

• 548 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 16:46

After getting some sleep, I started looking in the boxes in my storeroom, and guess what? I FOUND IT! It's in the Autosport 1995 calendar, as stated above it has July/August on the back, but this particular picture is viewed during September/October. The image is about 8" tall x 11" wide. The caption reads:

"Jean Alesi Ferrari 412T1/B, Photography Martyn Elford, Autosport Photographic: (0181)9435918"

The calendar is in perfect condition. If mfd hasn't already helped you, I can scan and send it to you, or make arrangements to sell it to you very reasonably.

#11 mfd

mfd

• 2,987 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 17:18

After getting some sleep, I started looking in the boxes in my storeroom, and guess what? I FOUND IT! It's in the Autosport 1995 calendar, as stated above it has July/August on the back, but this particular picture is viewed during September/October. The image is about 8" tall x 11" wide. The caption reads:

"Jean Alesi Ferrari 412T1/B, Photography Martyn Elford, Autosport Photographic: (0181)9435918"

The calendar is in perfect condition. If mfd hasn't already helped you, I can scan and send it to you, or make arrangements to sell it to you very reasonably.

Excellent, over to you, how easy was that? AH only joined us today, welcome on board. Btw, it's a reference I wanted to keep...oh yes Martyn Elford, as in "son of Vic" :up:

Edited by mfd, 22 May 2009 - 17:20.