Posted 02 June 2009 - 20:11

Oh momma! :love:

Forza 3

Advertisement

#2 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 21,814 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 00:26

I've got some information that is very likely to be inside info about the game. I, of course, cant confirm that its from a Turn 10 employee, but many reputable people have told me he is, and he certainly knows what he's talking about. He's either one of the best BS'ers I've come across or he's the real deal. Anyways, here's some things he says about the game that might indeed be good(credible) information:

New cars:

Corvette ZR1
'09 Cadillac CTS-V
370Z
Reventon
Ferrari California
Evo X
GR STI
Veyron

Fiat 131 Abarth
2nd gen Toyota Celica Supra
250 Testa Rossa
Aston Martin DB5

'79 Camaro Z28
'87 Firebird
'88 Camaro IROC-Z

Rang Rover Supercharged
Saleen S331 Supercab
Ram SRT10
Audi Q7
VW Toureg
Porsche Cayenne

Alfa 8C
Alfa Brera
Alfa Mito
Fiat 500 Abarth

Aston Martin Prodrive DB9s
997 and E92 BMW GT cars
Porsche, Acura, and Mazda LMP cars

ST205 Celica GT4
RS200 Evolution
'69 Dodge Charger Daytona
AMG SL65 Black
Renaultsport Twingo

AMG ML63
Aston DBS
Alfa Giulia Sprint
G8 GXP
Evora
135i
E60 M5
M1
X5 4.8i
Z4M Coupe
'94 Miata R-package
'78 Firebird
Viper SRT10 ACR
300C SRT8
Challenger SRT8
'09 Fit Sport
6th gen GTI
Scirocco
Volvo C30 R-Design
Mazdaspeed3
Citroen C4 VTS
IS-F
A4 Touring Car
C-****Touring Car
Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe (might be DLC, can't remember)

Circuit de la Sarthe is a new track(the Le Mans track), and Fujimi Kaido returns from Forza 1.

All cars can be painted now(you couldn't paint race cars before).

There will be an option which automatically builds a car to a certain PI for you, with you picking the base characteristic(speed -> grip). This option is aimed at making the game more accessible for newcomers looking to build a competitive car.

Some things that we WONT see due to deadline restraints:

Weather
Night/day
Active aero (again!)
Widebody kits with 12 inch wheels
Some really cool driver animations
Some digital gauge animations
Custom underbodies (with rollover comes undercarriage modeling - unfortunately, all the cars use a generic layouts, so sometimes they are wrong; like the Lamborghinis have the transmission rearward of the engine instead of infront, etc.)
Super high level of detail car models in replays (Currently the super high detailed models are used in the UI homespace/garage, thumbnails, livery editor, and photo mode).
No exposed suspension cars like Ariel Atoms, Lotus 340Rs or Caterhams, even though T10 owns PGR and they had the tech to model working suspensions.

Now again, please take all of this with a grain of salt as it may not be accurate. But if indeed it is, you might be one of the earliest to know about these.

Edited by TheHumanPromise, 03 June 2009 - 00:26.

#3 Jedi_F1

Jedi_F1

• 747 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 21:32

Posted Image

:love:

#4 BorderReiver

BorderReiver

• 9,957 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 21:55

Posted Image

:love:

I WANTTTSSSSS IT!

#5 mursuka80

mursuka80

• 5,106 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 19:03

I cant wait! :love: Le mans circuit? Awesome!

#6 Alan Boiston

Alan Boiston

• 34 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 09:46

I've been making a gallery here.

New screen sots released last night look amazing...

Click to see bigger shots..
Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by Alan Boiston, 01 July 2009 - 09:47.

#7 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 21,814 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 12:18

V8 Supercars, Bathurst, and NASCAR stock cars are all strongly rumored now.

#8 Arrows4Ever

Arrows4Ever

• 831 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 23:30

DTM!!! PLEASE DTM!!!

#9 babbel

babbel

• 2,746 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 09:33

I'm really looking forward to this!

#10 Alan Boiston

Alan Boiston

• 34 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 14:20

So I finally got a long awaited and much anticipated opportunity to have a decent and uninterrupted hands-on at Forza Motorsport 3 and thought I would post it here, I have to admit I've been pretty excited about this game but at the same time not entirely convinced that the package had moved forward. Yes the graphics look superb but what progress had been made with the handling? Had the complete package taken a step forward or was it a little bit of smoke and mirrors? Like all aspects of technology and gaming the benchmark moves very quickly but occasionally something comes along that really exceeds expectations, visually Forza Motorsport 3 is one of these, resulting in a product that simply wasn't possible on the hardware two years ago, but before I ramble on any further its time for some brief reflection around the heritage of the series.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
The evolution of the Forza Motorsport franchise

Back in 2004 Forza Motorsport was announced to the world as Microsoft's answer to Sony's behemoth Gran Turismo franchise, a huge project that would tie in XBox live to every aspect and demonstrate the flexibly of online gaming. So important was this that even Bill Gates played the title on stage at the CES 2005, further backing if it was needed and indeed it didn't disappoint, presenting a level of detail detail which blew away any opposition on the Xbox format. It may have only been running at 30fps but exceptionally detailed graphics combined with the most advanced handling model ever seen on a home console title helped Forza Motorsport to exceed all expectations. Sales wise the title did well too but this came at a point very late in the life-cycle of the Xbox, so perhaps wasn't entirely representative of its potential.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
VVV were among the first to play Forza Motorsport 2 and helped produce this handy beginners guide

However the franchise quickly built a solid fan-base and with no serious racing titles on the 360 the result was putting even higher expectations on Forza 2, indeed on first playing it I was excited for the prospect, handling seemed a little off, perhaps a bit floaty but with a short few goes and stock set-up it was very hard coming to any meaningful conclusion, suffice to say it was the best racer on the Xbox 360 for that period. But the package didn't match that of the prequel, handling issues and glitches affected its early life, on the whole Forza 2 felt rushed and on meeting Dan Greenawalt I got the impression it wasn't all he wanted it to be with the cost of development weighing heavily on its development process and possibly rushed release.

Move on two more years and we see Dan on stage at E3 2009 presenting Forza 3 with absolute confidence, he conveyed the level of enthusiasm we all know and expect, this is the game he's always wanted to bring to the 360 and it's going to be something special. Now was my first chance to get stuck in and really analyze the improvements this package brings to the table.

The three screen set-up for my hands-on and an Audi R8 I decided to sit in without the owners permission for a laugh

Sitting myself down in the racing seat and starring at the 3 screen set-up I felt like a big bag of excitement, playing on the E3 build, I selected the longest of the Monserrat circuits and opted for a 2007 Lamborghini Murciélago LP640, ABS on, TCS on, Racing line - Brake Assistance on, Manual Gears with everything else off. We see the cars revving on the grid briefly before the race starts, the vibrating camera building the intensity of the scene and away we go. Jostling for position before diving into the the dark shadows and tricky mid corner apex of turn 1, I loose a few places before accelerating hard down hill (curiously picking up a penalty for getting some air), braking into a longish hairpin at the bottom I gain a place but suffer some understeer. It was at this point that I felt the feedback for the first time, as the car lost grip I felt a detailed response in traction and relative grip, the car felt good and traction response was superb, back up the hill before two more slow corners and I already felt at home with the controls, relative grip combined with the cars limits of performance for my short term experience were giving great feedback and enabled me to push harder in really getting the most out of the car, already this demo capturing that racing spirit, I was enjoying the driving and pushing just felt like more fun.

Great views and an unparalleled level of detail present in the car models

Following a quick run about on the other circuits in the Ford GT40 I decided to go back and really have a pop at honing the longest of the 3 courses, taking out a Porsche 911 GT2 (997) and turning all assists off. Of all aspects I hoped to see fixed, the ABS would probably be top of my list and thankfully Forza 3 didn't disappoint, indeed it again exceeded my expectations. Racing down the hill to the first hairpin I snatched a wheel and it sent me wide, typical when you change from ABS assistance but in making that mistake I felt clearly when the wheels were turning, going round and up the hill I broke early just over the crest, again feeling the wheels locking under braking but not locking my steering, off the brake, wheels turning and the car was gripping well. Up the second part of the hill and I was really building some speed, this game giving an unparalleled sensation of motion that only 60fps can provide. Braking into the final corner and it was a tricky late apex, the wheels again locking slightly making me cautious and with the Porsche's big ass wanting to overtake me its a corner that seemed to go on longer than you ever expect, round onto the final straight and I was again finding a comfortable balance, 10 laps later and it was time for a muscle car.

Three shots here of the long hairpin at the bottom of the Monserrat hill

Having a search and I opted for a 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT-8, all assists off I leave the grid and the power is obvious, this car has torque and plenty of it. Taking turn 1 and my back end steps out immediately, quickly counter steering and reducing the power I straighten out down the hill, braking into the apex and the the back end again comes out sending me into a full on powerslide, I hit the opposite lock to control the slide but it's too late and the car spins out. It seems at this point that the car really needs a different set-up to slide comfortably, the stock car giving a driver two options, either come off the power or spin out. Either way it was great fun racing this beast around the track and it gave the opportunity for some really aggressive driving, coming up to the final few corners and I almost loose it but the road is in a heavily positive camber, giving me the grip for a save from a possible heart stopping accident, camber really affecting the cars as it should.

This was just a taster of the final game, we've seen very little so far with a wealth of modes and game options still to be revealed but what I have discovered on this brief experience is that Forza 3 is going to deliver both in handling and graphics. It was exciting feeling just how different each car handled, weight distribution and traction all very unique in their response. Even at this very early stage the game feels right, it feels new and so it's difficult to compare with anything I've played before, that would simply be an injustice, so for now I look forward to getting my hands on future builds before our interview with Dan Greenawalt later this year, in the meantime check out the latest Forza Motorsport 3 shots in our gallery.

Edited by Alan Boiston, 03 August 2009 - 14:25.

#11 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 21,814 posts

Posted 12 September 2009 - 05:48

DTM!!! PLEASE DTM!!!

DTM cars are in. Audi is confirmed, and Mercedes is expected to be announced soon.

And thanks Alan for your impressions.

This is probably going to be the THE racing game to have this generation. I've heard plenty of other people who've gotten their hands on the game have nothing but praise for it.

#12 wewantourdarbyback

wewantourdarbyback

• 6,360 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 11:39

*grumbles about it not being on PS3*

#13 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 17,023 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 15:55

I'm still waiting for rain, without weather effects, I always feel something is missing. This is where Project Gotham Racing 2 and 4 was a fun area for myself.

It'll be a great game for sure, but weather effects is a must, which I think is the only real let down.

Edited by SeanValen, 13 September 2009 - 15:56.

#14 Seanspeed

Seanspeed

• 21,814 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 16:46

I'm still waiting for rain, without weather effects, I always feel something is missing. This is where Project Gotham Racing 2 and 4 was a fun area for myself.

It'll be a great game for sure, but weather effects is a must, which I think is the only real let down.

No night races is another disappointment for me, but like you said - it wont stop it from being a great game. With the time they had, they've done a great job. There's always room for improvement in any game. Forza 3 will be no different.

#15 Jedi_F1

Jedi_F1

• 747 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 19:15

I'm an Xboxer too.. so I can't wait for Forza Motorsport 3
but the PS3-gamers don't have any reasons to complain... you guys got Grand Tourismo .. isn't it 5 by now?

#16 johnap

johnap

• 280 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 19:18

but the PS3-gamers don't have any reasons to complain... you guys got Grand Tourismo .. isn't it 5 by now?

Yep, out Q4 this year....we hope :stoned:

#17 wewantourdarbyback

wewantourdarbyback

• 6,360 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 10:32

Yeah, yeah, but ... er... well :p

#18 queenquerry

queenquerry

• 1 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 07:57

ohhh mmmmoohhhhh

#19 Youichi

Youichi

• 3,429 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 08:05

Have they dropped the Motorsport bit ?

Rang Rover Supercharged
Saleen S331 Supercab
Ram SRT10
Audi Q7
VW Toureg
Porsche Cayenne

I mean WTF :confused:

Advertisement

#20 babbel

babbel

• 2,746 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 08:54

The demo will come on September 24, can't wait :)

#21 babbel

babbel

• 2,746 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 15:13

The demo is out now, anyone tried it yet?

#22 klyster

klyster

• 5,738 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 01:11

;)

http://www.destructo...49770.phtml#ext

Edited by klyster, 25 September 2009 - 01:33.

#23 JDeRosa

JDeRosa

• 1,135 posts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 11:58

Hey guys!!! I'm back :p anyone else try this demo yet? Had a bash last night and fook me is it good!!!! Graphically it looks fantastic. Car physics seem much better than FM2. Grab the R8 and on the track on the demo there's a section where the track has some undulating turns with slight crests, you can really feel the car lighten as you crest. My first impression is that they've really gone all out on this one. It's now running 60fps and with the physics engine running at 360hz (can't remember if FM2 was 360hz or 100hz) it's sure to make for a tough game to master on harder difficulties. Having said that, the assists are good for anyone wanting to pick up and go and the new 'rewind' option allows you to rewind the actual race while you're playing if you cock up!!

Anyway, I see some new names on this board, hello! Add me on XBL and once the game comes out maybe we can arrange a forum night.

#24 Alan Boiston

Alan Boiston

• 34 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 17:21

Been working on my review for VVV Gamer but thought I share a few videos of me racing:

Toyota GT1 on Nurburgring

F40 GT on Maple Valley - TCS off

Suzuka R1 Acura LMP - Hot lap testing
session

Suzuka R1 Mazda Dyson - Race

Hope you enjoy these more to follow soon :)

#25 Gemini

Gemini

• 3,815 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 06:14

Great Vids. Thansk, Alan!

Few questions:

1. What steering wheel are you using? Is it FF?
2. Is it possible to use G25 with this console?
3. In some in car vids I seemed to noticed little lag between your steering wheel movement. Is it only graphics? Or is there same awful lag between steering wheel and actucl car steering reaction like in NFS Shift? Does not look as bad I admit, maybe I am just oversensitive here, after being so disspoainted with NFS Shift...

All in all I am set to buy that console just to experience this game. But I have to make sure I will be able to connect it my G25 (or other decent FF wheel)

#26 Alan Boiston

Alan Boiston

• 34 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 07:42

Great Vids. Thansk, Alan!

Few questions:

1. What steering wheel are you using? Is it FF?
2. Is it possible to use G25 with this console?
3. In some in car vids I seemed to noticed little lag between your steering wheel movement. Is it only graphics? Or is there same awful lag between steering wheel and actucl car steering reaction like in NFS Shift? Does not look as bad I admit, maybe I am just oversensitive here, after being so disspoainted with NFS Shift...

All in all I am set to buy that console just to experience this game. But I have to make sure I will be able to connect it my G25 (or other decent FF wheel)

Hey no probs :) glad you liked the videos.

1. That's the official MS wheel.
2. Alas the G25 doesn't work, keep an eye out for the new Fanatec 911 wheel (but bare in mind you would need to invest in the expensive club sport pedals).
3. No the steering is instant but I use a 10% dead zone, makes the car less twitchy down the straights but its appears as being input lag on the video.

#27 BorderReiver

BorderReiver

• 9,957 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 16:32

My copy arrived this morning. Loving it so far!

#28 Villes Gilleneuve

Villes Gilleneuve

• 2,248 posts

Posted 22 October 2009 - 19:17

Don't worry, you have GT5, which will be released "sometime in the future", right after "TBA".

It will have at least 1,000 cars by then. [crossing fingers for 1988 Ford Festiva]

Nice to see Forza graphics updated to 2006 standards and finally, finally, SUVs in racing games and cars flipping through the air.

#29 Lewis

Lewis

• 672 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 14:20

Can you still design the bodywork of the cars? And is it now less difficult to design?

Did you installed the game on your hraddrive? I think I will because I don't want my 360 to crash again. :well:

#30 Tenmantaylor

Tenmantaylor

• 18,050 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 16:00

Alan, nice review and great screenshots :up: Have to ask this though - I watched the culture show on the BBC last night. It was about the death of the movie critic and how the blogosphere is taking their jobs, many of which are funded and chaperoned by the movie industry themselves. Couldnt help but notice VVV website is heavily sponsored by Forza 3. Did this affect your impartiality as a games reviewer?

#31 Jedi_F1

Jedi_F1

• 747 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 11:41

+1

beïng amazed by the game! :clap: :up:

#32 Ijsman

Ijsman

• 1,070 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 16:09

20 tracks, 100+ variations. A bit dissapointing.

#33 Lewis

Lewis

• 672 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 19:17

Do you take yourself seriously?

Received the game and it is the best racing game I ever played! The GT3 Flying Lizard is HHOOOTTTT!!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

#34 Jedi_F1

Jedi_F1

• 747 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 21:50

actually 115 variations...

It never gives you an impression that are only 20 basic tracks,
and I thought they were going to work on more tracks for later online 'free' updates...

#35 Jambo

Jambo

• 2,614 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 03:12

Its not too bad actually, its a bit easy though the cars have far to much grip!

#36 Turn 1

Turn 1

• 347 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 23:04

Had it since friday, loving it! It is the most realistic thing your going to find on a console. The career seems long aswell, ive only done 8% and feel ive been playing for quite a while. Gonna keep me entertained for a while.

Edited by Turn 1, 28 October 2009 - 23:04.

#37 Lewis

Lewis

• 672 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 00:20

So.. saying something negative is trolling huh?

I like the sounds though. Is it better for you now?

Nice try though :lol: Keep it real. :up:

#38 Lewis

Lewis

• 672 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 00:30

Had it since friday, loving it! It is the most realistic thing your going to find on a console. The career seems long aswell, ive only done 8% and feel ive been playing for quite a while. Gonna keep me entertained for a while.

favorite car?

My favorite

Posted Image

#39 Mary Popsins

Mary Popsins

• 729 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 06:27

I don't have an Xbox, and I've never seen or played Forza. I have a PS3 though..

I would like to know how it compares to Gran Turismo, and for those who are lucky enough to have tested with a steering wheel, how Forza played with an Xbox steering wheel compares to let's say Gran Turismo 4 with a G25?

Thanks.

Advertisement

#40 Jambo

Jambo

• 2,614 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 09:17

I don't have an Xbox, and I've never seen or played Forza. I have a PS3 though..

I would like to know how it compares to Gran Turismo, and for those who are lucky enough to have tested with a steering wheel, how Forza played with an Xbox steering wheel compares to let's say Gran Turismo 4 with a G25?

Thanks.

I have FM3 and GT5P and a G25, got to test Forza with the Microsoft wheel and the sheel itself is abysmal. The game handled ok though, I guess with the Fanatec it might be good.

Still has a bit to do to match the feel of GT5P or SCC.

#41 Lewis

Lewis

• 672 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 22:10

Anyone has some cool designed custom painted cars? Let's see who will make the best looking custom painted car. :clap:

#42 Gemini

Gemini

• 3,815 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 08:52

Anyone has some cool designed custom painted cars? Let's see who will make the best looking custom painted car. :clap:

:|

I would rather read here comments how the cars drive and how is the physics of the Forza 3.

Let's leave painting cars to some Corel Draw forums

#43 Gemini

Gemini

• 3,815 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 21:11

So finally I had a time to unpack all the boxes and try all new world of Forza 3.

I took me a while going through the career mode with all that little races on stupid fantasy tracks, untill I noticed there's a 'free game' mode when you can use all cars on all cars for time trials.

That's basically all I need. I want to take advantage of huge cars database on some classic tracks. The "racing"? I will leave it alone, as AI is not what is strong point of such games.

The xbox steering wheel and what games allow for it adjustment is of course in different universe to what you can do in proper PC sim to G25... but it's still a wheel. The whole thing at least works without lag.

The physics are quite simple to me, but good enough to make you feel differences between the cars to the point it will provide one countless hours of enjoyment when lapping tracks The Ring, La Sarthre, Road America, Laguna Seca and some other real life venues.

#44 mahelgel

mahelgel

• 5,926 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 21:32

only tried it shortly at a mates house, as i dont have an xbox myself (or rather, i have an old xbox, but not the 360), and i must say it felt instantly pretty spot on...  I was driving with the controller, and not a wheel, but i still felt the car, and driving a slightly souped up exige, the car felt soo loose and great to drive, amazing. 

I also drove the alfa romeo brera in stock condition (a bit booring after the wild exige), and a fully modded golf mk1 (lots of understeer, but great little car with such huge power). 

The gfx and sound was impressive, but the one thing that stood out was how natural the cars felt. All driving aids off (execpt autobox, as i had problems gearing while braking and accelerating with the controller, too many thumbs  :p ), and the car was chuckable and had a great natural feel. Forza 2 was pretty good, and even forza 1 i thought was ok, but this is better... 

Edited by mahelgel, 01 November 2009 - 21:33.

#45 Ivan

Ivan

• 6,646 posts

Posted 12 November 2009 - 14:47

Don't worry, you have GT5, which will be released "sometime in the future", right after "TBA".

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

#46 Alan Boiston

Alan Boiston

• 34 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 13:39

Alan, nice review and great screenshots :up: Have to ask this though - I watched the culture show on the BBC last night. It was about the death of the movie critic and how the blogosphere is taking their jobs, many of which are funded and chaperoned by the movie industry themselves. Couldnt help but notice VVV website is heavily sponsored by Forza 3. Did this affect your impartiality as a games reviewer?

Sorry only just noticed this :) , no the advertising had no affect on the review score, the only effect is on the amount of coverage. Funding means we can invest more time covering a wide range of details, so in the case of Forza 3 that went into features and videos. Luckly its a good game too haha

Got lots of reviews to catch up on before xmas as well.

#47 Stephan

Stephan

• 1,165 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 15:08

Hello everyone.

I played this game at my mate's place last night (he 'd just bought the game), but we couldn't find a proper time trial mode:

Is there a proper time trial mode in this game? (which keeps track of your lap times and saves them when you get back to racing the next day?

Thanks for answering.

#48 babbel

babbel

• 2,746 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 15:28

Hello everyone.

I played this game at my mate's place last night (he 'd just bought the game), but we couldn't find a proper time trial mode:

Is there a proper time trial mode in this game? (which keeps track of your lap times and saves them when you get back to racing the next day?

Thanks for answering.

There is free play and there is one hidden under leaderboards

#49 Stephan

Stephan

• 1,165 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 07:48

There is free play and there is one hidden under leaderboards

Leaderboards is only for Xbox live, isn't it?

#50 babbel

babbel

• 2,746 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 08:10

Leaderboards is only for Xbox live, isn't it?

that is what you would expect but there are a couple of modes hidden there: time trial, drifting etc