I haven't posted for a while in this thread, having been rather busy lately both professionally and personally. I thought this might be a good opportunity, seeing as I had a wonderful online race on Saturday and the 1.05 patch went live this morning.
Update V 1.05 - 608MB Changes as follows
* Seasonal Events: [Seasonal Events] have been added to the [GT Mode] – [GT Life] screen. From here you can participate in official online events from the Polyphony Digital team. In these events, all participants are under the same regulations, and if you complete the event you will win rewards and experience. Compete on the leader boards with players around the world, in Time Trials and Drift Trials!
* Online Collector’s Dealership: An [Online Collector's Dealership] has been added to the left and centre of the [GT Mode]-[GT Life] screen. In here you will find popular and rare cars. You might just come across that one car you’ve always been looking for, that you haven’t been able to find in the [Used Car Dealership].
* Online Race Rewards and Experience: When you complete a race in the [Open Lobby] or [My Lounge], you will now gain rewards and experience points. Even if you are focused more on playing online, you’ll still be able to gain rewards and levels that you need to progress in [GT Life].
* Driving Distance and Number of Wins in Online Races: The driving distance and the number of wins you achieve when you complete a race in [Open Lobby] or [My Lounge] will now affect your stats in [Profile] and the [Garage]. Here the results from your online play will cumulate within [GT Life].
* Improved Rewards: The rewards for winning races in both A-Spec and B-Spec in [GT Mode]-[GT Life] have been increased for a limited time only. (This applies until the end of January 2011.) This is a great chance for those who were previously having difficulties getting ahead in the game, due to a lack of funds for tuning and purchasing required cars.
* Race Information Display: It is now possible to set the [Race Info Display] in [Start]-[Quick Options]. (You can also set this in [Race Display] in [Options]).
* Save Data Backup: You can now copy and restore your save data. For details, please refer to the in-game [Manual].
* User BGM (Menu): From [Options]-[Hardware]-[Audio Settings], it is now possible to set the [User BGM] (Menu)]. (This can also be set from the [Music Library] within [GT Mode]).
* Car Name Change: The official name of “Red Bull X1″ has been changed to the “Red Bull X2010″.
* Integration with the Website: The main features within [GT Mode]-[Community] can now also be accessed through the “gran-turismo.com” official website.
* [Important Note:] We have made improvements to the [Log] within [GT Mode]- [Community] section, in order to make its operation more stable. Please note that the information that was contained here from before the update has been reset.
* The host of an online lobby can now extend the race ending countdown between 20 and 180 seconds after the first placed car crosses the finish line.
* Daily log in bonuses now include 5 paint items as well as museum cards.
I also want to refer you to this video I recorded. There's nothing particularly exciting about this race. But the car, the track, the night to day transition, all in harmony, is something I just find breathtaking. Having 'classic' sports car racing online is something I've been waiting for and I'm very excited that it's finally possible. This was just a test, unplanned, after a few kart races. Being able to drive this car from cockpit view with a G27, using the H-pattern shifter, without assists is about as wonderful as it gets. I hope you enjoy watching it as much as I did.
(The quality is a little lousy as this was recorded off the screen using a video camera).1965 Alfa TZ2 - Online Race - 3 laps - La Sarthe - 4:30 am start
<-- click me.