Gran Turismo 5

• Please log in to reply
1335 replies to this topic

#901 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,499 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 18:21

finished the dream car challenge. Ferrari fan with Ferrari strategy :rolleyes:

saw the weather on the screen at the 'ring and LeMans, so changed to inters. then i go, and it is bone dry. :lol:

then at Monza, go on inters aswell, but it is time for full wets, then i forgot to take these tyres off at the Tokyo track.

i now have to fix my online, to get the FGT, and the other F1 cars.

now, since i am a noob compared to some on here, i just finished the rally GT, and ive got a tip. on the dirt tracks, the middle line with tire tracks can be wet and extremely slippy, so keep on the kind of banked bits on the inside or outside.

I think it's safe to say that the weather cock-ups were not your fault though... that's something I've never experienced in the game before! I have put the wrong tyres on in a pitstop for a drying track before, but that was due to a finger slip rather than anything else.

Regarding the Rally section, I don't really like how helpless you can feel driving a car on the gravel... it's always too lethargic and the car's don't have half the grip we clearly see they do on tv etc.
I tried tackling the Eiger W (?) track in a well-sorted, but softened up for gravel, Original Mini Cooper the other day. It felt like a 2.5 ton cruiser, no turn in, always washing out to the edge of the track. I drive a similar car on one of the Finland stages on Dirt 3 and it's completely different, yet still feels inherently like driving on a loose surface. The grip doesn't always bite, but under the pebbles and dust it's there, and the gravel tyres will find it. On GT5 they've kind of overestimated the difference in grip from tarmac to gravel.

Advertisement

#902 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 3,904 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 12:28

can anyone give me any tips on how to gold the S-2 license? i always get second, but the Zinda just always pulls out a lead byt the time i get there.

thanks.

#903 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,499 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 16:45

can anyone give me any tips on how to gold the S-2 license? i always get second, but the Zinda just always pulls out a lead byt the time i get there.

thanks.

Trial Mountain?

Try to get used to the Maserati oversteering, it's very controllable, and it means you can chuck your car into the corners much quicker than the AI (track position is king). Also with the wide apex (dunno how to describe them but they're the ones with the painted lines on the inside), use them FULLY. The grip is still there over the painted lines, and it allows you a very wide entry and fast exit.

You can also try buying the car and attempt to get down to a 1.43 on the practice section. The Zonda will do it in a 1.44 or 45, and the lines you can take to get to that time often don't fall in the AI's ones, so traffic doesn't really need to be an issue.

You need to be alongside the Zonda coming out of the final hairpin, coming down the hill into the final chicane. You can outbrake him there and push his car to the steeply sloped 2nd apex, whilst you cross the line nice and cool!

Have a look at this too:
Not my style (looks like he's using a pad) but it's effective.

Edited by DanardiF1, 02 July 2011 - 16:48.

#904 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,499 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 17:01

I'll also tell what's some good fun. Buy the Mazda AtenzaSport in the new cars dealership, and tune with all race parts, but with the engine to around 325bhp. Play around with the setup (if I get the chance I'll post my own one on here), mainly though you need to add stiffness and camber to the rear. Took it to High Speed Ring for a quick blast and got within 6 seconds of my Dale Jr NASCAR (to be fair that was a really old lap)!

It makes a fab touring car, and when lowered and with some cool wheels, carbon bonnet/hood etc. it looks like it belongs to the new NGTC rules...

I did have to make some changes to the setup for more twisty tracks, but the car responds to them well and is really good fun.

If I get the actual tuning details (I'm not free until Sunday afternoon atm), perhaps we could have a little time trial competition? I know that's been tried before, but this thread has perked up a little so maybe we could have another go?
The High Speed Ring is a really rewarding track, so we'd probably get a close competition and some good times!

#905 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 3,904 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 18:39

Trial Mountain?

Try to get used to the Maserati oversteering, it's very controllable, and it means you can chuck your car into the corners much quicker than the AI (track position is king). Also with the wide apex (dunno how to describe them but they're the ones with the painted lines on the inside), use them FULLY. The grip is still there over the painted lines, and it allows you a very wide entry and fast exit.

You can also try buying the car and attempt to get down to a 1.43 on the practice section. The Zonda will do it in a 1.44 or 45, and the lines you can take to get to that time often don't fall in the AI's ones, so traffic doesn't really need to be an issue.

You need to be alongside the Zonda coming out of the final hairpin, coming down the hill into the final chicane. You can outbrake him there and push his car to the steeply sloped 2nd apex, whilst you cross the line nice and cool!

Have a look at this too:
Not my style (looks like he's using a pad) but it's effective.

yeah, got it thanks! also, turned off the TC. now, i am given the GT academy GTR.

thought it would be quite different, like a meaner version of the gtr, but i was a little disappointed to see that it is just a noremal GTR with stickers. oh well.

#906 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,499 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 21:11

yeah, got it thanks! also, turned off the TC. now, i am given the GT academy GTR.

thought it would be quite different, like a meaner version of the gtr, but i was a little disappointed to see that it is just a noremal GTR with stickers. oh well.

That's what I thought too... :( ah well, I haven't done so yet, but you can always just upgrade to be a bit meaner!

#907 Tony Mandara

Tony Mandara

• 8,151 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 09:28

finished the dream car challenge. Ferrari fan with Ferrari strategy :rolleyes:

saw the weather on the screen at the 'ring and LeMans, so changed to inters. then I go, and it is bone dry. :lol:

then at Monza, go on inters as well, but it is time for full wets, then I forgot to take these tyres off at the Tokyo track.

IME I've only had to use wets or slicks on these races. if I fitted inters it went straight back to the pits for slicks or wets! :confused:
:- For Monza wait until the (race intro) screen view from the main straight changes to the last corner. If the cars are leaving rooster tail spray behind them fit wets. This will give you a good advantage as all other cars will start on slicks :lol: :lol: . And yes, do remember to switch them back before starting Tokyo (always dry). The other cars will start on wets and have to change at end of first lap. :up:
LaSarthe is a liitle more tricky, I usually go on the colour of the sky. You can actually see when the rain is harder, but it takes some getting used to.;)

Had been using the Jag XJR9 but remembered I have a Toyota GT1. Tuned it up and it breezed it (even B-spec), lapped the entire field at Indy (including an XJR9 :eek: ). Used it also to do the Indy 500 and Nurburgring 4hr. Am now within a mosquito's foreskin off B-spec level 35! :clap: :clap:

......Only the "Driver" info screen says he's already at level 37!! :confused: :eek: :confused: The damn thing is still finding ways to wind me up! ): :evil: :lol:

Edited by Tony Mandara, 04 July 2011 - 10:32.

#908 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 3,904 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 10:40

IME I've only had to use wets or slicks on these races. if I fitted inters it went straight back to the pits for slicks or wets! :confused:
:- For Monza wait until the (race intro) screen view from the main straight changes to the last corner. If the cars are leaving rooster tail spray behind them fit wets. This will give you a good advantage as all other cars will start on slicks :lol: :lol: . And yes, do remember to switch them back before starting Tokyo (always dry). The other cars will start on wets and have to change at end of first lap. :up:
LaSarthe is a liitle more tricky, I usually go on the colour of the sky. You can actually see when the rain is harder, but it takes some getting used to.;)

Had been using the Jag XJR9 but remembered I have a Toyota GT1. Tuned it up and it breezed it (even B-spec), lapped the entire field at Indy (including an XJR9 :eek: ). Used it also to do the Indy 500 and Nurburgring 4hr. Am now within a mosquito's foreskin off B-spec level 35! :clap: :clap:

......Only the "Driver" info screen says he's already at level 37!! :confused: :eek: :confused: The damn thing is still finding ways to wind me up! ): :evil: :lol:

wow good job!

lack of seasonal events, so now the dreaded grind has started to hit me aswell. :mad:

cant wait till lvl 30. i'm going to give the finger to fingerboy :lol:

Edited by SCUDmissile, 04 July 2011 - 10:41.

#909 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,499 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 12:16

wow good job!

lack of seasonal events, so now the dreaded grind has started to hit me aswell. :mad:

cant wait till lvl 30. i'm going to give the finger to fingerboy :lol:

I'll tell you what, even keeping Vettel's X1 in shot is hard work!! Monza is the easiest to gold as you can shortcut the Variante della Roggia to gain some time back...

I'm 3/4's of the way onto reaching Level 35 in A-Spec (can't be arsed with b-spec, don't find it fun at all...), so I'll unlock, but never complete, the Le Mans 24 Hours :p

#910 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 3,904 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 12:44

I'll tell you what, even keeping Vettel's X1 in shot is hard work!! Monza is the easiest to gold as you can shortcut the Variante della Roggia to gain some time back...

I'm 3/4's of the way onto reaching Level 35 in A-Spec (can't be arsed with b-spec, don't find it fun at all...), so I'll unlock, but never complete, the Le Mans 24 Hours :p

oh, i will. i believe in myself :lol: :p

and on the LeMans 24 Heures.

http://www.gtplanet....gran-turismo-5/ :up:

will wait for this until i start my endurance series.

Edited by SCUDmissile, 04 July 2011 - 12:45.

#911 Tony Mandara

Tony Mandara

• 8,151 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 12:46

QUOTE (SCUDmissile @ Jul 4 2011, 11:40)
cant wait till lvl 30. i'm going to give the finger to fingerboy

I'll tell you what, even keeping Vettel's X1 in shot is hard work!!

Oh too true! Seems the fingerboy really pulled his finger out for that one!

I can't even get the damn thing past the Schumacher S without going off track. :blush: :blush:

DanardiF1 :wave:

A freind of mine told me how he did the 24hr race in A-spec with X2010:-

1. Race for 7-8 hours (no mean feat in itself!) and then just park up car on start finish straight:-

2. Eat, sleep, sh*t,... just generally do things that humans normally do over 24hrs!:-

3. Use last 8 or so hours to race or just go back ocasionally to keep yourself ahead. :up:

This is of course splitting it up into 3 x 8 hours. More splits are possible (especially if there's two of you).
It's still 24 hours of your life that you won't get back though!! :lol:

Edit: Just seen the above post. Hope to hell that's true! (although I can't read it because the security here thinks it's too dangerous!!) Not been relishing the thought of 24hrs myself.

Edited by Tony Mandara, 04 July 2011 - 12:58.

#912 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 10,476 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 13:09

While waiting update to bring saving ability during race, I do cash in online seasonal events. 500 000 credits from one lap race is alright to collect some money in short time.
On Saturday I bought Lamborghini Miura for 15 000 000 credits. Fun car. :)

#913 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,499 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 15:25

Oh too true! Seems the fingerboy really pulled his finger out for that one!

I can't even get the damn thing past the Schumacher S without going off track. :blush: :blush:

DanardiF1 :wave:

A freind of mine told me how he did the 24hr race in A-spec with X2010:-

1. Race for 7-8 hours (no mean feat in itself!) and then just park up car on start finish straight:-

2. Eat, sleep, sh*t,... just generally do things that humans normally do over 24hrs!:-

3. Use last 8 or so hours to race or just go back ocasionally to keep yourself ahead. :up:

This is of course splitting it up into 3 x 8 hours. More splits are possible (especially if there's two of you).
It's still 24 hours of your life that you won't get back though!! :lol:

Edit: Just seen the above post. Hope to hell that's true! (although I can't read it because the security here thinks it's too dangerous!!) Not been relishing the thought of 24hrs myself.

I'd rather wait for in-race saves and do it with appropriate machinery... doing it in the X2010 isn't much fun to me... What was good in gt4 was that when you finished your stint, you could put one of your b-spec bob's in the seat overnight or whatever, and complete the multi-hour events that way. I just don't have the time to do massive stints and leave the ps3 on pause or whatever, especially when my girlfriend likes gaming too...

I still don't understand why they changed the b-spec idea from GT4, it was fantastic.

#914 Tony Mandara

Tony Mandara

• 8,151 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 13:46

I'd rather wait for in-race saves and do it with appropriate machinery... doing it in the X2010 isn't much fun to me... What was good in gt4 was that when you finished your stint, you could put one of your b-spec bob's in the seat overnight or whatever, and complete the multi-hour events that way. I just don't have the time to do massive stints and leave the ps3 on pause or whatever, especially when my girlfriend likes gaming too...

I still don't understand why they changed the b-spec idea from GT4, it was fantastic.

Well, using the RedBull is just playing to suit your needs isn't it really?
Personally I turn white at the prospect of sitting staring at a screen for 24hrs, whether that be for one race or a whole game!! With in-game saves I might reconsider my standpoint on the 24hr stuff! ;)

Why change the B-Spec? Can you imagine the uproar if the 'rather sparse' offline game was half the size it is now? :eek: :lol: To be honest I found it a handy feature in GT4 also. But as they say (and excuse the pun!) Them's The Breaks!

#915 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 3,904 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 19:49

a warning to you guys.

dont put on your Personal Music while driving. i decided to ditch the typical Japanese made Video game jazz style music, and go for some Dre :smoking:

but after you finish a race or a trial run, your game freezes, and the results screen wont show up, and your car will drive slow, and you may have to turn it off, and lose all progress made, so you will have to do that again.

apologies if you have heard this before, but it ruined my 2nd Bob doing well.

#916 Tony Mandara

Tony Mandara

• 8,151 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:13

a warning to you guys.

dont put on your Personal Music while driving. i decided to ditch the typical Japanese made Video game jazz style music, and go for some Dre :smoking:

but after you finish a race or a trial run, your game freezes, and the results screen wont show up, and your car will drive slow, and you may have to turn it off, and lose all progress made, so you will have to do that again.

apologies if you have heard this before, but it ruined my 2nd Bob doing well.

That's odd! Did it do that constantly? Maybe it just doesn't like your taste in music!  ;) I play my own music in-game (well, you need to for the yawnfest that is B-spec!) and that's never happened to me......er....

Hey! Guys! A problem that I haven't had with this game!! Yay!! :clap: :lol:

Mind you, it did freeze one time when loading in the last race of the DCC. ): Waste of two hours there!! :down:

#917 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 3,904 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:28

That's odd! Did it do that constantly? Maybe it just doesn't like your taste in music! ;) I play my own music in-game (well, you need to for the yawnfest that is B-spec!) and that's never happened to me......er....

Hey! Guys! A problem that I haven't had with this game!! Yay!! :clap: :lol:

Mind you, it did freeze one time when loading in the last race of the DCC. ): Waste of two hours there!! :down:

maybe :lol: it did do it constantly. i golded a Merc special event, and it froze :mad: :mad: and then i changed back to normal music, and it was fine.

youre lucky, but maybe if it happens, you know what is the problem.

#918 jaisli

jaisli

• 1,212 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 13:14

maybe :lol: it did do it constantly. i golded a Merc special event, and it froze :mad: :mad: and then i changed back to normal music, and it was fine.

youre lucky, but maybe if it happens, you know what is the problem.

Strange, customs BGM WAS a known bug but it was supposedly fixed 2~3 patches ago. I have all the music shut off anyway so I've never noticed it. But there have been a lot of gripes from general issues and freezes since the last update.

#919 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 3,904 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 13:53

Strange, customs BGM WAS a known bug but it was supposedly fixed 2~3 patches ago. I have all the music shut off anyway so I've never noticed it. But there have been a lot of gripes from general issues and freezes since the last update.

well, my version is v1.10. is that the newest?

Advertisement

#920 Woody3says

Woody3says

• 423 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 15:22

Yes SCUD

#921 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 3,904 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 19:54

anyone want a Citroen C4 rally car, that won Seb Loeb the WRC title?

if you do, you can PM me your account name, and when i get PSN back, i will try to gift it to you.

luckily it is under 1,000,000 so i can.

#922 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 10,476 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 06:28

I thought the limit for gift cars were 500 000 credits.

#923 Tony Mandara

Tony Mandara

• 8,151 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:31

That's a generous offer SCUD. :up: :kiss:

I think that car is a prize car so those who are a good way through the game will probably have it already. Handy for a noob though!  ;)

Kani :wave:

Tried to gift a car over 1mil to see what it did. It gave a "Not Permitted" notice. Takes the p*ss a bit seeing as I paid for the damn game :rolleyes: . The limit is definetly 1mil. :well:

Does anyone have a list of which cars are won in which races? Could be handy for guys playing through the game to avoid doing what I did! Namely spending 4 mil on a Toyota 7 to win a (by that point rendered totally useless) Toyota 7 which the game won't even let me gift to anyone! :evil: !

Tried to find something from here, but thanks to the security on the systems here all I get is:-

ACCESS DENIED

<mumble, mumble..bloody security...mumble, mumble>

#924 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 3,904 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:49

That's a generous offer SCUD. :up: :kiss:

I think that car is a prize car so those who are a good way through the game will probably have it already. Handy for a noob though! ;)

Kani :wave:

Tried to gift a car over 1mil to see what it did. It gave a "Not Permitted" notice. Takes the p*ss a bit seeing as I paid for the damn game :rolleyes: . The limit is definetly 1mil. :well:

Does anyone have a list of which cars are won in which races? Could be handy for guys playing through the game to avoid doing what I did! Namely spending 4 mil on a Toyota 7 to win a (by that point rendered totally useless) Toyota 7 which the game won't even let me gift to anyone! :evil: !

Tried to find something from here, but thanks to the security on the systems here all I get is:-

ACCESS DENIED

<mumble, mumble..bloody security...mumble, mumble>

yeah, i got it as a prize, also the luck of getting it again for a gift car ticket.

i dont have online yet, but whoever pms me first their PSN ID, i'll give it to them.

and for the prize cars,

hope you can access this.

#925 Tony Mandara

Tony Mandara

• 8,151 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:30

hope you can access this.

Well, no actually! :lol:

In any case I'm almost all the way through the game (bar the 9 & 24 hr races!), so I've won almost all of them.

I just thought it may be handy for anyone new to the game to prevent them from like me, spending 4.5 mil on a car to win the exact same car. :evil: :lol:

#926 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 3,904 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 13:24

Well, no actually! :lol:

In any case I'm almost all the way through the game (bar the 9 & 24 hr races!), so I've won almost all of them.

I just thought it may be handy for anyone new to the game to prevent them from like me, spending 4.5 mil on a car to win the exact same car. :evil: :lol:

oh, well here you go, guys! :D

License Tests

B License Gold: TommyKaira ZZ-S '00 (S) *plus silver and bronze prizes
B License Silver: Daihatsu OFC-1 Concept '07 (P) *plus bronze prize
B License Bronze: Mazda Demio Sport '03 (S)

A License Gold: Isuzu 4200R '89 Concept (P) *plus silver and bronze prizes
A License Silver: Mazda Atenza Concept '01 (S) *plus bronze prize
A License Bronze: Nissan mm-R Cup Car '01 (S)

IC License Gold: Nissan GT-R Concept (Tokyo Motor Show 2001) (S) *plus silver and bronze prizes
IC License Silver: Autobacs Garaiya '02 (S) *plus bronze prize
IC License Bronze: Acura DN-X Concept '02 (S)

IB License Gold: Honda S800 RSC Race Car '68 (S) *plus silver and bronze prizes
IB License Silver: Mitsubishi HSR-II Concept '89 (S) *plus bronze prize
IB License Bronze: Mazda Eunos Roadster J-LIMITED (NA) '91 (P)

IA License Gold: Ford GT (No Stripe) '05 (S) *plus silver and bronze prizes
IA License Silver: Land Rover Range Stormer Concept '04 (S) *plus bronze prize
IA License Bronze: Dodge RAM 1500 LARAMIE Hemi Quad Cab '04 (S)

S License Gold: Nissan GT-R Spec-V (GT Academy Version) '09 (P) *plus silver and bronze prizes
S License Silver: Mazda MX-Crossport Concept '05 (S) *plus bronze prize
S License Bronze: Opera Honda S2000 '04 (S)

-----------------------------------------------------
Special Events

Karting Gran Turismo Easy: Horn
Karting Gran Turismo Intermediate: Paint Color
Karting Gran Turismo Advanced: Paint Color

Jeff Gordon NASCAR School Easy: The oval at Indianapolis and Daytona are available in Arcade Mode and Training.
Jeff Gordon NASCAR School Intermediate: None
Jeff Gordon NASCAR School Advanced: None

Jeff Gordon NASCAR School All Gold: NASCAR *plus silver and bronze prizes
Jeff Gordon NASCAR School All Silver: Modern Muscle Car *plus bronze prize
Jeff Gordon NASCAR School All Bronze: Classic Muscle Car

Top Gear Test Track Easy Gold: Top Gear Test Track available Arcade and Practice
Top Gear Test Track Intermediate Gold: Lotus Elise Type 72 '01 (S)
Top Gear Test Track Advanced Gold: Jaguar XFR '10 (S)

Flight Academy Mercedes-Benz AMG Easy Gold: Winter Ahrweiler In Photo Travel
Flight Academy Mercedes-Benz AMG Easy Silver: Ahrweiler Gate In Photo Travel
Flight Academy Mercedes-Benz AMG Easy Bronze: Ahrweiler Street In Photo Travel

Flight Academy Mercedes-Benz AMG Intermediate Gold: Mercedes CLK-GTR RACE CAR '98 (S)
Flight Academy Mercedes-Benz AMG Intermediate Silver: Nürburgring 4hr layout available in Arcade and Practice
Flight Academy Mercedes-Benz AMG Intermediate Bronze: Nurburgring Nordschleife avaiable in Arcade and Practice

Flight Academy Mercedes-Benz AMG Advanced Gold: Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG '10 (P) *plus silver and bronze prizes
Flight Academy Mercedes-Benz AMG Advanced Silver: Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG '08 (P) *plus bronze prize
Flight Academy Mercedes-Benz AMG Advanced Bronze: Mercedes-Benz A 160 Avangarde '98 (S)

Flight Academy Mercedes-Benz AMG Expert Gold: Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren '03 (S) *plus silver and bronze prizes
Flight Academy Mercedes-Benz AMG Expert Silver: Mercedes-Benz SL 65 AMG (R230) '04 (S) *plus bronze prizes
Flight Academy Mercedes-Benz AMG Expert Bronze: Mercedes-Benz SLK 230 Kompressor '98 (S)

Rally Gran Turismo Easy Gold: Roadgoing Rally Car
Rally Gran Turismo Intermediate Gold: WRC Style Rally Car
Rally Gran Turismo Advanced Gold: Historic Rally Car

Grand Tour
After 1 event: Lucerne - Chapel Bridge In Photo Travel
After 2 events: Siena, Piazza del Campo In Photo Travel
After 3 events: Main Square of San Gimignano In Photo Travel
After 4 events: Abbey of San Galgano In Photo Travel

Sebastien Loeb Rally Challenge Gold: Citroën C4 WRC '08 (P) *plus silver and bronze prizes
Sebastien Loeb Rally Challenge Silver: Citroën C4 Coupe 2.0 VTS '05 (P) *plus bronze prize
Sebastien Loeb Rally Challenge Bronze: Citroën C3 1.6 '02 (S)

Red Bull X1 Challenge Gold: Red Bull X2010 Prototype (P) (naked carbon) *plus silver and bronze prizes
Red Bull X1 Challenge Silver: Red Bull X2010 (P) (plain color) *plus bronze prize
Red Bull X1 Challenge Bronze: Red Bull X2010 S.Vettel (P) (Red Bull livery)
*unlocked at level 30

----------------------------------------------------
A-Spec

A-Spec Beginner

Sunday Cup: Toyota Vitz U euro Sport Edition’00 (S)
FF Cup: Honda Honda Civic SiR-II (EG) ‘91 (S)
FR challenge: Toyota FT-86 Concept ’09 (P)
European Classic Car Championship: Volkswagen Kubelwagen typ82 ‘44 (P)
World Classic Car Series: Subaru 360 ‘58 (S)
Light Weight K Cup: Suzuki Wagon R RR ‘98 (S)
Vitz race: Toyota Prius G Touring Selection (J) ‘03 (S)
World Compact: Hommell Berlinette R/S Coupe ‘99 (S)
Japanese Classics: Honda Z ACT ’78 (S)
Beginner events complete: Gift Car Ticket Level 5

A-Spec Amateur

Clubman Cup: Honda Mugen Motul Civic Si Race ‘87 (S)
European Hot Hatch Championship: Volkswagen Lupo GTI Cup Car (J) ‘03 (S)
NR-A Roadster Cup: Mazda KUSABI CONCEPT ’03 (S)
Sport Truck Race: Daihatsu Midget II D type ‘98 (S)
Japanese 90's Challenge: Nissan SILEIGHTY ‘98 (S)
Tous France Championship: Citroën 2 CV Type A ‘54 (S)
Festival Italia: Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA 1600 ‘65 (S)
Classic Muscle Car Championship: Buick Special '62 (S)
Supercar Nostalgia Cup: Dome Zero Concept ’78 (S)
Amateur events complete: Gift Car Ticket Level 9

A-Spec Professional

Mini Challenge: Mini Cooper 1,3i ‘98 (S)
Muscle Car Championship: Dodge Challenger SRT8 ‘08 (P)
Supercar Festival: Maserati Gran Turismo S ’08 (P)
la Festa Cavillino: Ferrari California ‘08 (P)
British Lightweight: Triumph Spitfire 1500 ‘74 (S)
Lamborghini Exclusive: Lamborghini Countach LP400 ‘74 (S)
Lupo Cup: Volkswagen Lupo 1,4 ‘02 (S)
Japanese 80's Festival: Toyota Celica XX 2800GT ’81 (S)
GT World Championship: Bugatti Veyron 16.4 ‘09 (S)
Professional events complete: Gift Car Ticket Level 12

A-Spec Expert

Tuning Car Grand Prix: HPA Motorsport Stage II R32 (S)
Schwarzwald League A: Opel Speedster Turbo ‘00 (S)
Historic Racing Car Cup: Lancia STRATOS Rally Car '77 (S)
Trofeo Gallardo: Lancia Delta S4 Rally Car '85 (S)
MR Sports Cup: Cizeta V16T '94 (S)
Turbo Race: Mitsubishi Lancer EX 1800GSR IC Turbo '83 (S)
Japanese Championship: Gran Turismo 350Z RS (P)
Gran Turismo All Stars: AMUSE Carbon R (R34) '04 (S)
Polyphony Digital Cup: Nissan 350Z Gran Turismo 4 Ltd (Z33) '05 (S)
Expert events complete: Gift Car Ticket Level 17

A-Spec Extreme

NASCAR Series: Pontiac Tempest Le Mans GTO (S)
Schwarzwald League B: Audi Pikes Peak Quattro Concept '03 (S)
Like The Wind: Minolta 88C-V '89 (S)
Super GT Series: Calsonic Skyline GT-R race car '93 (S)
DTM Series: BMW 2002 Turbo '73 (S)
Dream Car Championship: Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II (S)
American Championship: Jay Leno Tank Car ‘03 (S)
European Championship: Audi Le Mans quattro ‘03 (S)
Formula GT: Caterham Fireblade (S)
Extreme events complete: Gift car ticket level 21

A-Spec Endurance

Grand Valley 300km: Honda HSC '03 (S)
Roadster 4 hours: Mazda 110S '68 (S)
Laguna Seca 200 miles: Infinity Coupe Concept '06 (P)
Indy 500: XJ13 Race Car '66 (P)
Suzuka 1000km: Nissan GT-R Concept LM race car (S)
Nurburgring 4h: Audi R8 LMS Race Car '09 (S)
Tsukuba 9h: HKS CT230R '08 (P)
Le Mans 24h: Audi R8 Race Car (Audio Playstation Team Oreca) ´05 (S)
Nurburgring 24h: Audi R10 TDI '06 (P)
Endurance Events Complete: Gift Car Ticket Level 24

----------------------------------------------------

B-Spec

B-Spec Beginner

Sunday Cup: Toyota Yaris U Euro Sport Edition (J) '00 (S)
FF Cup: Honda Civic TYPE R (EK) '97 (P)
FR Challenge: Toyota FT-86 G Concept'10 SPORTS (P)
European Classic Car Championship: Fiat 500 F '65 (S)
World Classic Car Series: Volkswagen Beetle 1100 Standard (Type-11) '49 (S)
Light Weight K Cup: Daihatsu Move SR-XX 4WD'97 (S)
Vitz Race: Toyota Prius G '09 (P)
World Compact Car Race: Autobianchi A112 Abarth '79 (S)
Japanese Classics: Isuzu 117 Coupe '68 (S)
Beginner events complete: Gift Car Ticket Level 5

B-Spec Amateur

Clubman Cup: TRD Celica TRD Sports M (ZZT231) ‘00 (S)
Euro Hot Hatch League: Volkswagen Lupo Cup Car ‘00 (S)
NR-A Roadster Cup: Mazda Furai Concept’08 (S)
Sport Truck Race: Daihatsu Midget II D type '98 (S)
Japanese 90's Challenge: Mazda 323F ‘93 (S)
Classic Muscle Car Championship: Shelby AC Cobra 427 ‘66 (P)
Festival Italia: Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint Spéciale ‘63 (S)
Supercar Nostalgia Cup: DMC DeLorean S2 ‘04 (S)
Tous France: Alpine A110 1600 ‘73 (S)
Amateur events complete: Gift Car Ticket Level 9

B-Spec Professional

Mini Challenge: MARCOS Mini Marcos’70 (S)
Muscle Car Championship: Ford Mustang GT '05 (S)
Supercar Festival: Hyundai Clix Concept '01 (S)
Lupo Cup: Volkswagen Lupo GTI '01 (S)
Japanese 80's Festival: Isuzu PIAZZA XE '81 (S)
la Festa Cavillino: Ferrari F40 '92 (P)
British Lightweight: Lotus Elan S1 '62 (S)
Lamborghini Exclusive: Lamborghini Countach 25th Anniversary '88 (S)
GT World Championship: Pagani Zonda R '09 (P)
Professional events complete: Gift Car Ticket Level 12

B-Spec Expert

Tuning Car Grand Prix: AEM Honda S2000 (P)
Schwarzwald League A: Opel Speedster '00 (S)
Historic Racing Car Cup: Alfa Romeo GIULIA TZ2 carrozzata da ZAGATO CN.AR750106 ‘65 (P)
Trofeo Gallardo: Lancia Stratos '73 (S)
MR Sports Cup: Cadillac CIEN Concept '02 (S)
Turbo Race: Honda City Turbo II '83 (S)
Japanese Championship: Opera Performance 350Z (S)
Gran Turismo All Stars: NISMO 380RS Super Leggera (P)
Polyphony Digital Cup: Gran Turismo Skyline GT-R '01 (S)
Expert events complete: Gift Car Ticket Level 17

B-Spec Extreme

Schwarzwald League B: Nuvolari Quattro '03 (S)
Like The Wind: Toyota 7 Race Car '70 (S)
B-Spec NASCAR Extreme: Mercury Cougar XR-7 '67 (S)
European Championship: BMW Concept 1 Series tii '07 (P)
Super GT: Toyota Castrol TOM's Supra '97 (P)
German Touring Car Championship: Audi Quattro '82 (S)
American Championship: Chevrolet SSR '03 (S)
Formula GT: Suzuki GSX-R/4 Concept '01 (S)
Dream Car Championship: GT by Citroen Race Car (P)
Extreme events complete: Gift Car Ticket Level 21

B-Spec Endurance

Grand Valley 300km: Honda DUALNOTE Concept '01 (S)
Roadster 4 hours: Mazda 110S (L10A) '67 (S)
Laguna Seca 200 miles: Camaro IROC-Z Concept '88 (S)
Indy 500: Ford GT40 Race Car '69 (S)
Suzuka 1000km: Nissan Fairlady Z-Concept LM Race Car (S)
Nurburgring 4h: Lexus IS F Racing Concept ‘08 (P)
Tsukuba 9h: Amuse S2000 GT1 ‘04 (S)
Le Mans 24h: Toyota GT-One Race Car (TS020) (S)
Nurburgring 24h: McLaren MP4-12C '10 (P)
Endurance Events Complete: Gift car Ticket Level 24

B-Spec Level 35: Red Bull X2010 S.Vettel (P) (Red Bull livery)

ps, there dont seem to be many takers for the C4. fair enough, i might hang on to it. i guess most people have got it by now.

Edited by SCUDmissile, 07 July 2011 - 14:23.

#927 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,499 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 16:03

Did some hotlaps of the Nordschleife yesterday afternoon, in a warmed-up 1990 Nissan Primera (sports tyres, 190bhp, no other mods other than clutch and flywheel) and it was magic. I went from an 8.35, which I thought was pretty handy for an average saloon, to an 8.16, and that's probably with some room for improvement still, especially in the final section before the mega straight.

the car handles really well, especially compared to the Mark I Golf GTI I had a go with after that, which (again warmed-up slightly, only by 30 or so bhp) on the same tyres was too understeery (the Primera was good for hitting almost every apex) and didn't feel like a sportier car than the Nissan...

What's a real shame though is that my time in the Primera isn't even on my top 10 leaderboard times, due to the amount of racing cars I've taken round the 'Ring in practice mode... I saved the replay with my two best laps though, and took some nice pics in photo mode of it too :)

That's what I like about GT5, the fact that it doesn't just give you the hypercars and exotics, it gives you the whole gammut of the automotive world, and you can really thrash some of these fairly average cars. Trying to push that Primera towards 8.10 was so enjoyable, doing more and more laps in the hope that I'd eke out a couple more horsepower from the engine oil settling in...

#928 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,499 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 16:04

oh, well here you go, guys! :D

ps, there dont seem to be many takers for the C4. fair enough, i might hang on to it. i guess most people have got it by now.

Sorry SCUD, I have one already, but if you want to start trading other cars, I'll PM you my PSN id.

#929 Tony Mandara

Tony Mandara

• 8,151 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 14:53

Hey, I've got an idea SCUD. :smoking:

Juice it up a bit, raise the ride-height fully, take any downforce off and then see if you can get it to flip over and take a door off! At least the car will win you a couple of trophies if nothing else!!

#930 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 3,904 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 16:07

Hey, I've got an idea SCUD. :smoking:

Juice it up a bit, raise the ride-height fully, take any downforce off and then see if you can get it to flip over and take a door off! At least the car will win you a couple of trophies if nothing else!!

oh, ive got a car for that already. (McLaren 12c) :lol:

no, ive got someone for it now.

#931 Tony Mandara

Tony Mandara

• 8,151 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:44

Bought me an (as Clarkson would say :rolleyes: ) Em-Pee Four-dash, Twelve-See yesterday and took it for a run on the Top Gear track. Was initially dissapointed. It was fast...yes, but bags and bags of terminal understeer. Took me a few laps to get used to driving the car as a opposed to driving a car. It's sooo controlable under power. Totally different from the 458 Italia, which always feels to me like it's going to throw you into a (admittedly invisible!) wall. All in all, a great car. :up:

Then I crashed it at La Sarthe! :| :blush:

DanardiF1. :up:

That Primera was one of my favourite cars since the first Gran Tourismo (Many, many years ago!! :blush: ). It's not for no reason that that car was so successful in touring cars. I've always had a slight preference for these class of cars in GT. The guy I've played all thes GT games with, much like many here did, always wanted to go straight into the likes of the Toyota GT1 on the most difficult track. I always found that a bit masochistic!! I always encouraged him to try the road going cars without putting massive tuning on them straight away. Last time we were online we bought a pair of RX8s, put on some better tyres and had a great race around the ring in the public ( :eek: )lobbies. Still......wasn't much cop against a Suzuki GSX-R/4 though. :cry:

Finally got me a Rude Bull X2010. :up: What a mental car!! :eek: :eek:

#932 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,499 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 20:45

Bought me an (as Clarkson would say :rolleyes: ) Em-Pee Four-dash, Twelve-See yesterday and took it for a run on the Top Gear track. Was initially dissapointed. It was fast...yes, but bags and bags of terminal understeer. Took me a few laps to get used to driving the car as a opposed to driving a car. It's sooo controlable under power. Totally different from the 458 Italia, which always feels to me like it's going to throw you into a (admittedly invisible!) wall. All in all, a great car. :up:

Then I crashed it at La Sarthe! :| :blush:

DanardiF1. :up:

That Primera was one of my favourite cars since the first Gran Tourismo (Many, many years ago!! :blush: ). It's not for no reason that that car was so successful in touring cars. I've always had a slight preference for these class of cars in GT. The guy I've played all thes GT games with, much like many here did, always wanted to go straight into the likes of the Toyota GT1 on the most difficult track. I always found that a bit masochistic!! I always encouraged him to try the road going cars without putting massive tuning on them straight away. Last time we were online we bought a pair of RX8s, put on some better tyres and had a great race around the ring in the public ( :eek: )lobbies. Still......wasn't much cop against a Suzuki GSX-R/4 though. :cry:

Finally got me a Rude Bull X2010. :up: What a mental car!! :eek: :eek:

I think the USP of GT over other major driving titles is that you're drawn to trying these types of cars out, on tracks that let both the car and the track shine... Sometimes the greatness of the Nordschleife is wasted on a supercar as they can destroy those corners anyway. The beauty of that track is it that the corners are so rewarding in ANY car, and often getting an 'average' car round the lap in a seemingly insane time is just the best feeling you can have...

#933 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 3,904 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 21:59

my bob cant do Monaco Classic car. i got a Toyota 7, with right tyres, and turbo.

ive tried all my bobs, red,blue, all the same level, (20), but i cant do it. any help guys?

#934 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 10,476 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 23:49

Level up Bob little more. 22 - 24 would do.

#935 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 3,904 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 09:03

Level up Bob little more. 22 - 24 would do.

thanks. will try the dream car bspec. at least i get a nice car as a prize.

#936 Mary Popsins

Mary Popsins

• 729 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 16:40

Wonder if there's any DLC coming up for GT?

#937 Mary Popsins

Mary Popsins

• 729 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 16:48

Ah.. I found this: http://www.gtplanet....-turismo-5-dlc/

Infineon wouls be nice, Pikes Peak in my dreams. Cant find a good walkthru to pick the best cars though.

#938 chrisblades85

chrisblades85

• 2,606 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 22:09

Put this back on during the weekend. Hadn't played it for about 6 months, so thought it was time to get back into it. Just been doing the seasonal events, as there is still no in game save. And can't be bothered and don't have the time to do endurance races, in one go.

Just racking up the the Ferrari Le mans one. Easy money! To purchase the F10.

#939 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,499 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 17:15

Put this back on during the weekend. Hadn't played it for about 6 months, so thought it was time to get back into it. Just been doing the seasonal events, as there is still no in game save. And can't be bothered and don't have the time to do endurance races, in one go.

Just racking up the the Ferrari Le mans one. Easy money! To purchase the F10.

That's what I was intending to do, use the seasonals for the F10... but I've got into a phase of buying used and new cars and prepping them for Nurburgring laps, just for fun.

Might go back and earn some more credits to get the F1 Ferraris now...

Advertisement

#940 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,499 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 17:29

Wonder if there's any DLC coming up for GT?

there's been rumours of DLC pretty much since the game was released, and I reckon if they are going to do so, it might be around the same time GT5 comes out as a Platinum title. That way they can offer the DLC to new buyers in the same way other companies do for their new releases (Codemasters, EA etc.), and also give the game a new lease of life for existing owners.

Hopefully they'll bring out some updated versions of well-loved tracks from older GT titles, like Midfield Raceway, Motegi, Infineon, Seattle, New York, Citta Di Aria and many others... That'd be more welcome than extra cars for me, as I think 1000+ is enough cars for a lifetime of trying them out and racing them.

Maybe an update to the course creator, giving the player more control over the corners etc. would be cool as well. You can create some really cool tracks with it, but often they retain too many similar features to ones you've already made. Either that or some other themes, to give a bit more visual variety.

#941 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 3,904 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 19:33

i hd to get in on this Circuit de la Sarthe fun. netted a cool 2.5mil for about 30 mins, and my Bobs got some new kit! :lol:

F10, F2007, 908 here i come!

on the subject of DLC, maybe all cars for premium, or what id like most to be the endurance races saves.

#942 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,499 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 20:55

i hd to get in on this Circuit de la Sarthe fun. netted a cool 2.5mil for about 30 mins, and my Bobs got some new kit! :lol:

F10, F2007, 908 here i come!

on the subject of DLC, maybe all cars for premium, or what id like most to be the endurance races saves.

Endurance saves are coming (apparently), but getting all cars premium? Doubt it, it'd take too long to the 1000+ cars made up to that standard, and it'd also be probably the biggest download ever considering the detail of the current premium cars.

There's a reason other games have nowhere the number of cars GT5 has... they can't fit that many in with the level of detail they want. I don't mind the standard cars, and I use 'bumper cam' anyway as I'm not a big fan of cockpit view. Some of the standard cars I've used for photos in the replay photo mode look fantastic when you use them right ie. not zooming right in (sometimes the game stops you anyway) to see the rougher textures. When you set up a photo properly, some of these standard cars look great, and that's down to a great lighting engine more than the detail of the cars. GT5's lighting engine (apart from the tearing shadows) is really realistic.

#943 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 3,904 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 21:36

Endurance saves are coming (apparently), but getting all cars premium? Doubt it, it'd take too long to the 1000+ cars made up to that standard, and it'd also be probably the biggest download ever considering the detail of the current premium cars.

There's a reason other games have nowhere the number of cars GT5 has... they can't fit that many in with the level of detail they want. I don't mind the standard cars, and I use 'bumper cam' anyway as I'm not a big fan of cockpit view. Some of the standard cars I've used for photos in the replay photo mode look fantastic when you use them right ie. not zooming right in (sometimes the game stops you anyway) to see the rougher textures. When you set up a photo properly, some of these standard cars look great, and that's down to a great lighting engine more than the detail of the cars. GT5's lighting engine (apart from the tearing shadows) is really realistic.

ye, it would be the first TB download on PSN! :lol:

some standard cars look okay, but some plain awful. but for GT6, they can get this right, hopefully.

cant wait for the Endurance saves, though. Seasonal events keeping me busy.

#944 dave12

dave12

• 703 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 21:44

Q When in B spec mode in the race can you change the speed of the race ie times 2 or 3 so that a 3 hour race will take 1 hour at times 3.

Cheers

#945 Mary Popsins

Mary Popsins

• 729 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:43

No seriously, you have to drive for 24 hours non stop when you do Le Mans? I destroyed several PS2's with Gran Turismo already.

Also I was wondering if it's possible to install games on the HDD instead of leaving them in the toaster? I will google.

#946 baddog

baddog

• 23,291 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 09:37

1.10 update notes..

"- Interrupting and resuming championship races
In championship races of A-Spec and B-Spec within [GT Life], there is now an interrupt button in the quick menu which appears after completing individual races.
If the interrupt button is pressed, the event will be interrupted and your record up to that point will be saved, and the game will end. The next time you start the game, you can continue the championship race from where you left off."

I guess thats a huge big deal?

#947 jaisli

jaisli

• 1,212 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 14:34

1.10 update notes..

"- Interrupting and resuming championship races
In championship races of A-Spec and B-Spec within [GT Life], there is now an interrupt button in the quick menu which appears after completing individual races.
If the interrupt button is pressed, the event will be interrupted and your record up to that point will be saved, and the game will end. The next time you start the game, you can continue the championship race from where you left off."

I guess thats a huge big deal?

That's slightly different though. What you listed can be used for A-spec events like the Formula GT championship where one would normally have to progress though all 5 or 6 races in the series in order to complete it in one sitting. You can now pick up and continue after completing any one of the individual races, where as before, if you quit before the last race, all of your progress was lost.

I believe Mary Popsins was asking if there was a save button which could be invoked at any point during the endurance events. The answer to that is, no there isn't. At the moment, the only choice is to pause the game and leave the PS3 running (and running and running and running).

#948 chrisblades85

chrisblades85

• 2,606 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 15:02

So we can save it during a championship now? That's good as the the Formula GT are 20 laps each x 5 races.

#949 SCUDmissile

SCUDmissile

• 3,904 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 19:55

i cant believe Kimi won a championship with the 07 Ferrari, while drunk and mugnum munching most of the time! :eek:

thats car is so hard to frive, will have to get used to it, i guess.

#950 Mary Popsins

Mary Popsins

• 729 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 05:53

I believe Mary Popsins was asking if there was a save button which could be invoked at any point during the endurance events. The answer to that is, no there isn't. At the moment, the only choice is to pause the game and leave the PS3 running (and running and running and running).

Yes that's what I meant, thanks. There should be a way to be able to do that in the pits. And Polyphony really need to improve the overall ergonomy of the menus.

Apart from that unless your game was bought online you cannot move it entirely onto the HDD. Many games save part of the disk but not the whole thing, at least on the PS3.