* * * * - 6 votes

Gran Turismo 5

• Please log in to reply
1335 replies to this topic

#1101 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,585 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 18:06

Zero chance of getting the DLC, the guy who I rent a room off in Brum has wireless through Mifi limited to 15Gb a month *sadface*

If you're updated to Spec II (which is about 2gb) then all you need to do is activate the DLC by buying it. It's already within the game updates. (I'm on the same internet plan so have to be frugal with updates and online play).

Advertisement

#1102 zepunishment

zepunishment

• 590 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 14:54

Finally got one! After 53 (! :eek: ) complete refreshes of the UCD!!

Wanted to find two, to gift one to a friend.....

...he can bugger off now! I'm not doing that again!!

): :confused: ):

you did 53 refreshes? I bought one the other day that popped up in my ucd. want the clk-gtr but i'd just started playing when it came up and i didn't have any credits..

#1103 Tony Mandara

Tony Mandara

• 8,174 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 10:04

you did 53 refreshes? I bought one the other day that popped up in my ucd. want the clk-gtr but i'd just started playing when it came up and i didn't have any credits..

Yup! 53! :evil: (although, it must be said not consecutively!! :eek: )

If you want the CLK-GTR you'd probably be better off checking the online UCD. Those are cheaper and have no miles on them.

#1104 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,585 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 22:32

You can win the CLK GTR in the AMG Special Events can't you? I think that's how I got mine...

#1105 chunder27

chunder27

• 939 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 13:49

Lol, if you are alien enough to get gold on there I guess!

#1106 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,585 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 19:40

Lol, if you are alien enough to get gold on there I guess!

They're not that hard are they? I thought they were ok really, some of the wet sections in the 300SL are a bit dicey, but I seem to remember clearing them at Silver level at least almost straight away...

And I'm no alien..

EDIT: just checked the prize car list on GtPlanet and it's the AMG Intermediate events that you have to Gold to get the CLK-GTR.

Edited by DanardiF1, 17 November 2011 - 19:41.

#1107 Tony Mandara

Tony Mandara

• 8,174 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:40

See post #926 for complete list.

#1108 JimmyTheFox

JimmyTheFox

• 82 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 13:53

Valentino Rossi issued a challenge to beat his Zonda R Nurburgring GT5 lap time. Jorge Lorenzo accepted and destroyed him. :rotfl:

Rossi - 6.05.573 - https://twitter.com/valeyellow46

Lorenzo - 5.58.964 - https://twitter.com/lorenzo99

Edited by JimmyTheFox, 20 November 2011 - 13:56.

#1109 kosmic33

kosmic33

• 1,547 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 00:08

It was £9.49 for the whole pack.

Havnt played the game for months until today and paid £4 for Spa, what did you buy? Is there another upgrade I missed?

#1110 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,585 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 00:11

Havnt played the game for months until today and paid £4 for Spa, what did you buy? Is there another upgrade I missed?

I bought Spa and the Kart Space track, the DLC cars, the Paint Pack and the Gear Pack (suits and helmets).

#1111 chrisblades85

chrisblades85

• 2,606 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 09:16

I had the yellow light of death on PS3 and I never backed up the save files..... I take it I will have lost all my data for this game?

#1112 Tony Mandara

Tony Mandara

• 8,174 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:08

Unless you can get the same PS3 working, then I'm afraid you probably have. :well: What's happening when you turn on the PS3?

#1113 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 10,510 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:05

chrisblades85,

If your console's hard drive works, you might not have much troubles if you change it to working machine.

#1114 chrisblades85

chrisblades85

• 2,606 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 12:28

No. Sony have said the hard drive has had it by the sounds of it. I'm doing the exchange thing tomorrow. I think I will back my saves up from now on. So frustrating. Hours went into GT5. Oh well......

#1115 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 10,510 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:09

New slightly bigger update coming 20th December.

-Users can now change wheels on Standard cars
-The settings sheets will include a new ‘copy’ feature
-In GT Auto, players will be able to see how the oil changes, aerodynamic parts, engine overhauls, and racing modifications will affect performance points and engine power, before and after their application
-Free coupons have been added that allow you to wash cars, change oil, overhaul your engine, or refresh the car body in GT Auto (10 coupons will be distributed for free to each of those who have downloaded the 2.02 update)
-Pressing the Square button in the car coupon selection screen of the Car Delivery will now allow you to exchange all car coupons at once, rather than doing one at a time
-In screens where the [Garage] and [Driver List] buttons are displayed in the A/B Spec events, Special Events, and Seasonal Events, pressing the Square button will now show the [Garage], and pressing the Triangle button will bring up the drivers list
-In My Lounge, the room settings will feature a new ‘Max. number of participants’ setting
-In the event selection screen of seasonal events, there are now ☆(star) marks that show the number of Gold Trophies attained in each event
-Improved racing sound effects
-Elements of the steering assist controls (used when using certain controllers on Racing Karts) have been tweaked.

+ and DLC few new cars and unfortunately again one Skyline...

Source: http://www.gtplanet....-december-20th/

Edited by The Kanisteri, 17 December 2011 - 12:10.

#1116 baddog

baddog

• 23,447 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 08:56

Dunno why everyone hates on Skylines, some of the most fun I had in a racing game has been in skylines in GT license tests. big heavy but powerful and technically advanced saloon is fun

#1117 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 10,510 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 10:43

It's because almost 25% of cars are Skylines and variations. If some model has coffee mug holder different way and it gives another letter on model type, it's included in game.

#1118 Tony Mandara

Tony Mandara

• 8,174 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:31

New slightly bigger update coming 20th December.

-Users can now change wheels on Standard cars

About bleedin' time!

The wheels on my Skyline (sorry Kani!) GTR LM Road Car are fugly to say the least!

#1119 MatsNorway

MatsNorway

• 2,057 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 15:10

-Improved racing sound effects

About bloody time!

I don`t think i know about a game with shittier sound than the GT games.

espesially at some of the american V8s. they go from having a nice typical american tune to suddenly become identical to some jap 4banger. just because you swapped to a new exhaust.

Anyway

Anyone got some good tips for 4WD cars. i find most of them rather understeery.

i mostly go:
Toe out front.
Sometimes toe out rear too.
lots of rear bias on the center diff.
more camber at the front. up to 4 deg

dampers is usually a bit harder on exp compared to comp. 8/4 5/1 and so on.

Soft brake diff.
soft initial diff.

As soft acceleration diff as what will allow without having big wheelspinn issues.

Sometimes i go looser rear stabiliser. but its not really quicker its just loosens the rear on entry.

Biggest issue is turn in and mid corner i feel.

I wish i had it possible to get a nice balance without shifting all the torque to the rear as that makes it less easy to get a good drive out of the corners.

Front diff i don`t really know what to do with.. some pointers on ratios front/rear diff settings would be nice.

Edited by MatsNorway, 19 December 2011 - 15:11.

Advertisement

#1120 Don_Humpador

Don_Humpador

• 2,223 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 18:22

What's your brake balance Mats?

Try moving it rearwards, I find that a little bit of rear "locking" [for lack of a better word, I use ABS1 most of the time :drunk: ] turns the car into the corner quicker on entry.

Otherwise I'd just drive around it, change your lines etc, that's what great drivers do :cool:
i'm terrible at driving round balance issues

#1121 MatsNorway

MatsNorway

• 2,057 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 20:19

What's your brake balance Mats?

Try moving it rearwards, I find that a little bit of rear "locking" [for lack of a better word, I use ABS1 most of the time :drunk: ] turns the car into the corner quicker on entry.

Otherwise I'd just drive around it, change your lines etc, that's what great drivers do :cool:
i'm terrible at driving round balance issues

ABS is at 1.

everything else is off.

manual allways...

i could ofc make it stable off throttle and steer a bit with the brakes into the corner. But Esses would be my doom. and mid corner would still be a bit of a pain on long turns esp.

I think i will give it a chance and play around with it tho.

i think im going to play with the lancer. or a suby.

#1122 baddog

baddog

• 23,447 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 22:03

It's because almost 25% of cars are Skylines and variations. If some model has coffee mug holder different way and it gives another letter on model type, it's included in game.

Its not even close to that bad.. yeah they are an iconic car in Japan and to the GT series, so they do pop up a lot, but the car list is huge and varied and obsessing over one car family is just daft.

#1123 davissi

davissi

• 51 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 23:26

Valentino Rossi issued a challenge to beat his Zonda R Nurburgring GT5 lap time. Jorge Lorenzo accepted and destroyed him. :rotfl:

Rossi - 6.05.573 - https://twitter.com/valeyellow46

Lorenzo - 5.58.964 - https://twitter.com/lorenzo99

I read this and thought it worth a comment, I joined in this and lowered the laptime to 5'51 in not many attempts so their 'kick about' wasn't upto much really, Lorenzo spoilt it then though by deciding that it was ok to tune the car ! Damn you Jorge !! :D

The limit without tuning I reckon would be low 5'40's going by what I achieved in a few runs.

I wish they had proper leaderboards in the game though.

#1124 zepunishment

zepunishment

• 590 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 23:47

Got the new DLC pack yesterday, have to say the new skyline is very enjoyable to drive, less understeer and better balanced if that makes sense. I'm finding that tis game has a second wind now I've discovered racing properly and not tuning cars to the max for an easy win. Plus it's good that updates (paid and unpaid) keep appearing.

#1125 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,585 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 00:30

How good is the 86 GT!?! I stuck some sports softs on it and took it to the Ring and got a low 8 min lap second time round! It just grips and grips, it's almost like a mini-GTR!!

#1126 dave12

dave12

• 703 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 17:16

:clap: :clap: :clap: As some of you know i could not buy any new cars ( When i went online ) so i stopped playing for a bit :cry: so to day i did a reset and i was going to start again which i did turned it on and after all the updates and what not looked at my A spec and B spec are the same A 30 and B 24 and i can buy new cars.

#1127 Tony Mandara

Tony Mandara

• 8,174 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 13:30

:clap: :clap: :clap: As some of you know i could not buy any new cars ( When i went online ) so i stopped playing for a bit :cry: so to day i did a reset and i was going to start again which i did turned it on and after all the updates and what not looked at my A spec and B spec are the same A 30 and B 24 and i can buy new cars.

Glad to hear it Dave. :up: The slog back to level 30/24 would have been a pain in the derier! :cry:

#1128 BinaryDad

BinaryDad

• 1,017 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 16:19

I've been thumping around some of the seasonal events of late, and I swear, I don't think that I've ever cursed the A.I. more than I did while trying to do a single lap around the Nuerburgring 24hr course. I mean, it's not as if it's HARD to have the A.I. do some sort of basic avoidance; there are a tonne of very lo-tech solutions I can think of that don't require a lot of processing power.

But oh, no, the A.I. in GT seems to behave like Massa and tries to move over onto the racing line, when you're already bloody there. It's rather infuriating when you're coming up to the lead car, seven minutes into the race and BAM! It slams into you under braking, spinning you out because you're on the apex, and the A.I. wants to be there too!

It gives me some righteous anger!

#1129 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,585 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 19:39

I've been thumping around some of the seasonal events of late, and I swear, I don't think that I've ever cursed the A.I. more than I did while trying to do a single lap around the Nuerburgring 24hr course. I mean, it's not as if it's HARD to have the A.I. do some sort of basic avoidance; there are a tonne of very lo-tech solutions I can think of that don't require a lot of processing power.

But oh, no, the A.I. in GT seems to behave like Massa and tries to move over onto the racing line, when you're already bloody there. It's rather infuriating when you're coming up to the lead car, seven minutes into the race and BAM! It slams into you under braking, spinning you out because you're on the apex, and the A.I. wants to be there too!

It gives me some righteous anger!

+1

It gets me annoyed because I like to use the photomode after racing almost all the time, so having Massa-esque AI cars duff up my own one ruins the pictures later on.

#1130 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 10,510 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:16

If your B-spec driver is around level 20-30, there's change to make lot of credits in game and buy several of those 20 million Cr. cars with reasonable little work.
Winning Super GT at Spa gives 4 000 000 credits and LM Le Sarthe gives 6 000 000 (if 200% bonuses).

Both of events are 10 laps and scripted rain conditions. So repeating them has identical weather.

Tip for Le Sarthe: Chaparral 2J and soft sport tires.

#1131 dave12

dave12

• 703 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 20:52

If your B-spec driver is around level 20-30, there's change to make lot of credits in game and buy several of those 20 million Cr. cars with reasonable little work.
Winning Super GT at Spa gives 4 000 000 credits and LM Le Sarthe gives 6 000 000 (if 200% bonuses).

Both of events are 10 laps and scripted rain conditions. So repeating them has identical weather.

I have been trying that with a Pug 908 TDI 700hp (i think) best i have got is 6th :well: Where can i get this Chapparral ?

#1132 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 10,510 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 21:23

Used cars or if you have friend who can borrow it.

#1133 Superbar

Superbar

• 405 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 18:30

I've tried a couple of times using the Sauber Mercedes (lvl 33 and 31 drivers) with mixed results. Best run was up to fifth before the last pitstop. I skipped the stop thinking the gap would be enough even with worn tires at the end, but got overtaken in the last chicane... 2 seconds after the winner over the line. :lol:
Hmm, soft sport tires? If it means first pitstop one lap later then.... OK, I'll give it a try to see if the strategy works with the Sauber. :)

#1134 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,585 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:43

Used cars or if you have friend who can borrow it.

Do you have one I could borrow? :p

PSN is same as my screenname here.... just sayin'

:rolleyes:

#1135 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 10,510 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 09:58

Hmm, soft sport tires? If it means first pitstop one lap later then.... OK, I'll give it a try to see if the strategy works with the Sauber. :)

Remember, it works only Chaparral because because it's "vacuum cleaner" and it doesn't need downforce from wings.

#1136 Ristin

Ristin

• 38 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:17

I thought, the point of using sport tires was to avoid any stop. They cope well with dry and wet roads, so there is no need to stop, isn't it? (Brilliant idea, by the way. I would never have worked it out on my own, as it seems very unnatural to use road tires on a pure race car. But no more unnatural than driving Le Mans by night without lights, I guess...)
But anyway, I can't manage to get better than place 3 at Le Sarthe. The B-spec driver is level 34. Actually the game recommends level 35, so why are you thinking level 20 to 30 would be fine? Would you care to share your car setup and strategy?

Ristin

#1137 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 10,510 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 16:55

Friend of mine managed to beat event with level 23 fellow.

Change oil, redbuild engine and tune it to max since it's still below performance point limit. I set transmission for speed 370kph and usual suspension stiffening. Strategy is to push driver by radio little and (3/4 of pace bar) and easy on Mulsanne corner and Porsche curves. On lap 4 leading cars will pit first time and at that point your Chaparral driver should get position 1. Keep adjusting pace for next few laps and at some point 1-3 cars will pass you, but ignore them. Keep going on. They will pit after lap 9 and since there's 10 laps, you will gain first position again. Rear sport tires are bit worn on this point but keep going and very carefully on Porsche curves. Low level (20) driver should win this by 5 seconds (it is close!), 30-40 level driver wins by 20 seconds.

#1138 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 10,510 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 17:03

New Update and DLC will bring again some cars and test track.

Update will fix few bugs, adds some new themes for game interface, tweaks hybrid and electrics cars.

DLC will have new high speed track fro speed testing - not yet revealed is it track or just long straight.

New cars will be:
Nissan Leaf G 2011
Aston Martin V12 Vantage 2010
Volkswagen [Beetle] 1200 1966
Jaguar XJR-9 LM Racecar 1988
Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 2011
Mini Mini Cooper S Countryman (R60) 2011

At least no new Skylines. :)

Source: GTPlanet.net
http://www.gtplanet....5-2-03-details/

Edited by The Kanisteri, 11 January 2012 - 17:04.

#1139 dave12

dave12

• 703 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 20:48

Can you take part in super GT with the Chaparral 2J ?

Advertisement

#1140 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 10,510 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 21:00

Is Chaparral Japanese GT500 car, no?

Event info has list about accepted cars.;)

#1141 dave12

dave12

• 703 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 21:14

Is Chaparral Japanese GT500 car, no?

Event info has list about accepted cars.;)

Oops one of those day's :p

Edited by dave12, 11 January 2012 - 21:14.

#1142 Tony Mandara

Tony Mandara

• 8,174 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:45

Another update?!

Sheesh! I think I'm now three behind....(still not even on 2.0!!!)

Next update session is gonna take hours! :eek:

#1143 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 10,510 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 13:29

Yes Tony,

They keep updating game approximately after every 2 months. Version 2.03 is due January 18. Updates are free, but DLC (cars and track) will cost some little pocket money.
And if you don't have 2.00 prepare for massive update :p

#1144 Tony Mandara

Tony Mandara

• 8,174 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 13:59

Kani. :wave:

Yup! I think I'm looking at half a day of "updating"!!!!

I don't mind paying for the tracks and cars, (Yes, even the Skylines  ;) ) but not the driver gear pack. Is the paint pack worth it? If I can't have my Pontiac GTO in a garish "pimp pink" then I'm afarid it's just not worth it! :lol:

#1145 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,585 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 15:39

Kani. :wave:

Yup! I think I'm looking at half a day of "updating"!!!!

I don't mind paying for the tracks and cars, (Yes, even the Skylines ;) ) but not the driver gear pack. Is the paint pack worth it? If I can't have my Pontiac GTO in a garish "pimp pink" then I'm afarid it's just not worth it! :lol:

there is a lovely fluorescent pink that you'll love on the GTO!! :p

Driver gear pack I quite liked... for the cars that you can see most of your gear (open top etc.) it's quite good.

#1146 Superbar

Superbar

• 405 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 17:27

Remember, it works only Chaparral because because it's "vacuum cleaner" and it doesn't need downforce from wings.

I see. Well, came in second position again. Changing to intermediates one lap later was not enough. This time got passed out of the last chicane and was beaten by 0.150 of a second! :lol:

Edited by Superbar, 12 January 2012 - 17:28.

#1147 dave12

dave12

• 703 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 20:26

Does any body know how big (MB) this new up date will be can't see the size anywhere?

Cheers

#1148 kosmic33

kosmic33

• 1,547 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 23:45

Does any body know how big (MB) this new up date will be can't see the size anywhere?

Cheers

I'm pretty sure it was around 250mb.
Could be wrong tho.....

#1149 Ristin

Ristin

• 38 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 15:36

Friend of mine managed to beat event with level 23 fellow.

Change oil, redbuild engine and tune it to max since it's still below performance point limit. I set transmission for speed 370kph and usual suspension stiffening. Strategy is to push driver by radio little and (3/4 of pace bar) and easy on Mulsanne corner and Porsche curves. On lap 4 leading cars will pit first time and at that point your Chaparral driver should get position 1. Keep adjusting pace for next few laps and at some point 1-3 cars will pass you, but ignore them. Keep going on. They will pit after lap 9 and since there's 10 laps, you will gain first position again. Rear sport tires are bit worn on this point but keep going and very carefully on Porsche curves. Low level (20) driver should win this by 5 seconds (it is close!), 30-40 level driver wins by 20 seconds.

Thank you very much for sharing these "instructions". I tried to follow them and my B-spec Bob did better then ever before: not yet winning, but a close second. I'll keep on trying - feels a little bit like Groundhog Day...

Ristin

#1150 juicy sushi

juicy sushi

• 549 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:49

I have never been able to get into B spec. I bought this game to drive cars, not watch an idiot of an AI attempt to do so for me.

My current favourite time waster is the A-spec challenge with a GT86 fully lightened, with slicks but stock suspension and motor. It's an easy win, but just a fun drive. I think I'll try it with a completely stock car and see where that goes...