* * * * - 6 votes

Gran Turismo 5

• Please log in to reply
1335 replies to this topic

#1201 HAM

HAM

• 531 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 21:56

I get my PS3 tomorrow with GT5, any tips?

Advertisement

#1202 abc02

abc02

• 253 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:00

I get my PS3 tomorrow with GT5, any tips?

Is it an older version, or the new "XL" edition? (http://uk.ps3.ign.co.../1215988p1.html) If its an older one you will have several gigabytes worth of updates to download. :wave: On top of that it will take a long while to install.

Also, get a wheel! The game has good driving mechanics most of the time, and the best way to take advantage of it is to get a Logitech wheel. With a pad it isn't that much better than previous games IMO.

#1203 HAM

HAM

• 531 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 15:07

Is it an older version, or the new "XL" edition? (http://uk.ps3.ign.co.../1215988p1.html) If its an older one you will have several gigabytes worth of updates to download. :wave: On top of that it will take a long while to install.

Also, get a wheel! The game has good driving mechanics most of the time, and the best way to take advantage of it is to get a Logitech wheel. With a pad it isn't that much better than previous games IMO.

Dammnnnn I got the PS3 bundle (console, 2 controllers + GT5 plat.), how will it take to download this update? Which wheel can you advice? I also ones saw a very cool Thrustmaster Ferrari steer which can be folded out or the F1 steer?

#1204 HaydenFan

HaydenFan

• 1,785 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 20:18

Depends on connection speed, but it took me a couple of hours. Just started in late one night and when I woke up it was finished. Probably not best for the system, but my level of patience wasn't there at the time.

As for wheels, I just went with the Logitech Driving Force wheel. The "Official" wheel of GT5. A bit noisy, but works great, and the little buttons allow for on the fly car changes (well, changes to traction control, brake balance, ABS, but they help around the track). Cost about 140 dollars (seen it in some places for only $100), and works great for GT5 and F12011.

Thrustmaster has the really nice, but pointlessly expensive Ferrari F1 wheel.

http://www.thrustmas...l-integral-t500

Only place in the US to buy has it listed at 700 USD.

On the topic of GT5, is it just me wanting too much from a game, or can a game be programmed with engine mapping? Or traction control computers which are adjustable per corner, like the real thing?

#1205 HAM

HAM

• 531 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 21:37

Depends on connection speed, but it took me a couple of hours. Just started in late one night and when I woke up it was finished. Probably not best for the system, but my level of patience wasn't there at the time.

As for wheels, I just went with the Logitech Driving Force wheel. The "Official" wheel of GT5. A bit noisy, but works great, and the little buttons allow for on the fly car changes (well, changes to traction control, brake balance, ABS, but they help around the track). Cost about 140 dollars (seen it in some places for only $100), and works great for GT5 and F12011.

Thrustmaster has the really nice, but pointlessly expensive Ferrari F1 wheel.

http://www.thrustmas...l-integral-t500

Only place in the US to buy has it listed at 700 USD.

On the topic of GT5, is it just me wanting too much from a game, or can a game be programmed with engine mapping? Or traction control computers which are adjustable per corner, like the real thing?

Haha, whole night... mmmhhh so I need install the game to HD and then update it (just like on my 360)? I did not open the bundle package yet and will be my 1st ever time on PS3 so forgive me. Thanks for the tips, I saw Vettel on YT doing the GT wheel and looks nice. Think I will buy that one.
I love the Ferrari F1 wheel, if it had working leds, I would have bought it (even I don't like Ferrari too much) and you?

Edited by HAM, 12 May 2012 - 21:38.

#1206 HaydenFan

HaydenFan

• 1,785 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 22:12

Haha, whole night... mmmhhh so I need install the game to HD and then update it (just like on my 360)? I did not open the bundle package yet and will be my 1st ever time on PS3 so forgive me. Thanks for the tips, I saw Vettel on YT doing the GT wheel and looks nice. Think I will buy that one.
I love the Ferrari F1 wheel, if it had working leds, I would have bought it (even I don't like Ferrari too much) and you?

The GT wheel works great. Like I said, a the force feedback is a bit noisy, but I love it. Another dislike of it from others is the rear "paddles". More like big buttons, but they work great. They don't get in the way of my hands when moving the wheel, and the shift knob reminds me of the old single seater shift design.

Pedals work great as well. The gas is a bit light, but the brake is just like the real thing. Requires some serious work to stop the car. No clutch pedal, but how many games is it set up for on the PS3?

Never owned the 360, but the PS3 is a good machine. Plays the games I want, and never had any issue with the wireless connection.

#1207 HAM

HAM

• 531 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 22:16

The GT wheel works great. Like I said, a the force feedback is a bit noisy, but I love it. Another dislike of it from others is the rear "paddles". More like big buttons, but they work great. They don't get in the way of my hands when moving the wheel, and the shift knob reminds me of the old single seater shift design.

Pedals work great as well. The gas is a bit light, but the brake is just like the real thing. Requires some serious work to stop the car. No clutch pedal, but how many games is it set up for on the PS3?

Never owned the 360, but the PS3 is a good machine. Plays the games I want, and never had any issue with the wireless connection.

Okay, you convinced me, I will buy that steer. Oh yes, I also want wireless connection! Need to check that out as well. Maybe we can each other (when I had some practice) LOL

360 is pretty neat, it ha smany download options, very curious how the PS3 will work, will try it out tomorrow! :smoking:

#1208 abc02

abc02

• 253 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 23:02

I think some of the PC sims like Rfactor and Iracing might have more setup options like that. GT5 doesn't go into enough detail when it comes to simulating pure race cars.

#1209 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 10,440 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 11:59

No engine mapping, but you can limit power of car down to 50%. You can set from advanced button layout controls for quick tunes when you can set brake bias, brake force, ABS strenght, and for 4WD cars front and rear wheel bias and for some Mitsubishis yawn control adjustments. These adjustment you can freely tweak when racing.

#1210 HaydenFan

HaydenFan

• 1,785 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 13:05

No engine mapping, but you can limit power of car down to 50%. You can set from advanced button layout controls for quick tunes when you can set brake bias, brake force, ABS strenght, and for 4WD cars front and rear wheel bias and for some Mitsubishis yawn control adjustments. These adjustment you can freely tweak when racing.

I know those settings, but you ever have that car where you go around some corners and even with a wheel you really need some seriously turned up traction control (8-10 on the settings), and one some corners, usually the long sweepers, where if you could turn it off, you'd easily gain 10 mph through the corner? I know you can adjust those settings yourself, but if you're going full bore through the Nordschliefe, you just don't have the time.

#1211 Peeko

Peeko

• 3,210 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 13:10

I know those settings, but you ever have that car where you go around some corners and even with a wheel you really need some seriously turned up traction control (8-10 on the settings), and one some corners, usually the long sweepers, where if you could turn it off, you'd easily gain 10 mph through the corner? I know you can adjust those settings yourself, but if you're going full bore through the Nordschliefe, you just don't have the time.

There is no need for traction control ever. TC only slows you down.

#1212 HaydenFan

HaydenFan

• 1,785 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 15:23

There is no need for traction control ever. TC only slows you down.

Sometimes you do with some cars. Some cars flat out need it turned on to be driveable. Even turned on to level 1 TC, with the Audi R10, I can get around the Ring about 10 seconds quicker than without TC turned on. Just because in some corners where I would have to baby, with TC, I can mash the throttle and get out of the corner much quicker.

#1213 Peeko

Peeko

• 3,210 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 15:28

Sometimes you do with some cars. Some cars flat out need it turned on to be driveable. Even turned on to level 1 TC, with the Audi R10, I can get around the Ring about 10 seconds quicker than without TC turned on. Just because in some corners where I would have to baby, with TC, I can mash the throttle and get out of the corner much quicker.

Naw, I'm telling you its never necessary. You maybe gainning time out of corners, but you're losing time in places you wouldn't think you would be. Give me your TC lap time and you'll see that it can be done quicker.

My experience is its always slower no matter what, which is why it's always off, even with cars that have +1000hp, like all the Group C/LeMans cars.

Edited by Peeko, 14 May 2012 - 15:33.

#1214 bub

bub

• 1,584 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 11:43

Naw, I'm telling you its never necessary. You maybe gainning time out of corners, but you're losing time in places you wouldn't think you would be. Give me your TC lap time and you'll see that it can be done quicker.

My experience is its always slower no matter what, which is why it's always off, even with cars that have +1000hp, like all the Group C/LeMans cars.

I find TC helps in some cars when using the control pad.

#1215 Peeko

Peeko

• 3,210 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:52

Yes, for a pad I can see how it would help. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying it is pointless, but you can be quicker without TC enabled. I race with a guy who uses a pad, I don't know how he does it, but he's just as quick as us wheel runners and we use no assists except ABS set to 1.

#1216 HaydenFan

HaydenFan

• 1,785 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 14:49

Yes, for a pad I can see how it would help. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying it is pointless, but you can be quicker without TC enabled. I race with a guy who uses a pad, I don't know how he does it, but he's just as quick as us wheel runners and we use no assists except ABS set to 1.

Look at some of the GT Academy times. Some of the top times every so often are held by this Japanese guy who uses a pad. I can't get within even a tenth of his times.

#1217 Nonesuch

Nonesuch

• 1,613 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:36

Quite a nice Sunday morning read over at Bild (amazingly!): a GT5 player and a professional car tester compete to set the fastest aggregate time on two laps of the Nurburgring - one in GT5 and one in the real world.

#1218 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 10,440 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 13:58

I see some cryptic language... english, no?

#1219 chunder27

chunder27

• 447 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 13:28

I tried this and found it utterly unengaging.

You have to have played this game since it came out I think to even stand a chance of getting even slightly close to the top times, and as anyone who has played a proper PC based sim will know, GT5 is SOOOOOOO far away from what theyc an feel like it means you have to relearn your way of driving.

To be able to do insane laptimes with a pad is usually because they use special pads with clever tap throttles that can simulate TC, and they do so many, many laps that they know within an instant on any corner if they are going quicker or not.

The academy thing is a great dream, but for me proves little. Anyone can be taught to drive a race car quickly gievn that much training, preparation and attention. Most people who play sims would be able to do the same thing, all this proves is that to win it, you need no life.

Advertisement

#1220 HaydenFan

HaydenFan

• 1,785 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 16:22

I tried this and found it utterly unengaging.

The money aspect is in all console games and I think that takes away from the game. It, like you say later on, rewards those who spends hours and hours playing it. What's wrong with the plug and play?

You have to have played this game since it came out I think to even stand a chance of getting even slightly close to the top times, and as anyone who has played a proper PC based sim will know, GT5 is SOOOOOOO far away from what theyc an feel like it means you have to relearn your way of driving.

Not really. Yes, the game doesn't feel like the real thing, but outside a few sim games/mod, they don't feel like the real thing either. For the price (with a PS3, wheel, game), you can't beat it.

To be able to do insane laptimes with a pad is usually because they use special pads with clever tap throttles that can simulate TC, and they do so many, many laps that they know within an instant on any corner if they are going quicker or not.

Huh? Most people have wheels that I play with online. The PS3 pad has the triggers, and most have changed the settings to utilize them as the throttle, brake, rather than the default "X" and "Square" buttons.

The academy thing is a great dream, but for me proves little. Anyone can be taught to drive a race car quickly gievn that much training, preparation and attention. Most people who play sims would be able to do the same thing, all this proves is that to win it, you need no life.

And they also cheat. Follow the fastest ghost laps and you find that they follow lines that otherwise you not work on a complete lap, or wouldn't work altogether (like the guys who manage to actually gain speed and control while driving with most of their car is off course in the grass). I've taken the Skip Barber courses and have run cars in SCCA event in the US, as well as racing weekly at the local kart track, and I would bet I have more real racing experience than anyone ahead of me in the GT Academy, yet I'm, on my best runs, in the top 10,000 in the world. And I'm a college kid who has plenty of time to play.

I would love to know the process in which the top drivers are selected for the GT Academy competition. Is it the top drivers just based on time, because they doesn't prove anything. So what if you can drive a Nissan Leaf around Curva Grande at Monza hugging the inside line. Or getting around some esses (cutting all of them) in a Nissan 370Z. How will you do in an actual race car around a whole lap? Will you be able to last 500 miles around Road America, or do an entire stint in Sebring or the Nürburgring.

#1221 bub

bub

• 1,584 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 09:22

Best game I've ever played.

#1222 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 10,440 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 12:39

Some little update 2.06 of 475mb, no idea what it does, so I keep playing Forza 4. :p

#1223 baddog

baddog

• 23,028 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:09

Seems that it contains the twin ring motegi track which will be used in the GT academy and then opened up in the game afterwards. That would easily account for the size.

#1224 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 10,440 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:45

Hopefully, I liked Motegi in GT4. (And uhu, Forza 4 has Motegi too)

I frauded myself GT Academy and so far all gold without much hazzling. eager to wait Motegi there too!

#1225 Tony Mandara

Tony Mandara

• 8,119 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:13

Still no Midfield ore Seattle? Meh!

Tony. No. Happy! :evil:

;)

#1226 HaydenFan

HaydenFan

• 1,785 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 14:54

Hopefully, I liked Motegi in GT4. (And uhu, Forza 4 has Motegi too)

I frauded myself GT Academy and so far all gold without much hazzling. eager to wait Motegi there too!

The medals are something that I didn't worry about. Same with the Seasonal Events time trials. You get the gold and the money, but you discover you're still in many cases nearly 10 seconds quicker than the gold time.

The game play itself is terrible. AI is like comparable to being Sebastien Vettel racing his RBR-Renault against a bunch of Formula Ford cars. And once you put Racing Soft's on, you're seconds quicker with the same car.

But online it's a whole new thing. Like most counsel games, you have the idiots, but when you get the right friends, you'll find some good racers.

#1227 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,362 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 09:20

The medals are something that I didn't worry about. Same with the Seasonal Events time trials. You get the gold and the money, but you discover you're still in many cases nearly 10 seconds quicker than the gold time.

The game play itself is terrible. AI is like comparable to being Sebastien Vettel racing his RBR-Renault against a bunch of Formula Ford cars. And once you put Racing Soft's on, you're seconds quicker with the same car.

But online it's a whole new thing. Like most counsel games, you have the idiots, but when you get the right friends, you'll find some good racers.

My favourite things in GT5 at the moment are racing Clio Trophy races online, because with the spec car it becomes a much fairer race and more fun. The cars are great little things as well, so a lot of people can drive them quickly, again making the racing even more fun.

My other favourite thing is what I've been doing the whole time I've had this game, just driving by myself. The handling model and the way they've programmed the force feedback (with a few little hiccups along the way, they've made the Ferrari F1 cars a bit crap now) is the most natural and responsive I've used. You can get lost in your own head a little bit and feel like you're driving a real car. The physics are good and supple enough for people to develop their driving style as well, so you're not having to 'play the game' by driving a certain way with a certain setup.

Been playing it regularly since launch now, and can't see myself stopping for a long time.

#1228 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 10,440 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 11:03

And what forces you to use racings soft slicks? Event briefing clearly says what tyres opponents use and what kind of (remember, nontuned!) cars they use. Usually player has bigger marginal to tune up car and no tyre limits. Or is it so that game AI is too fast when you drive with equal terms?;)

#1229 HaydenFan

HaydenFan

• 1,785 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 13:11

My favourite things in GT5 at the moment are racing Clio Trophy races online, because with the spec car it becomes a much fairer race and more fun. The cars are great little things as well, so a lot of people can drive them quickly, again making the racing even more fun.

My other favourite thing is what I've been doing the whole time I've had this game, just driving by myself. The handling model and the way they've programmed the force feedback (with a few little hiccups along the way, they've made the Ferrari F1 cars a bit crap now) is the most natural and responsive I've used. You can get lost in your own head a little bit and feel like you're driving a real car. The physics are good and supple enough for people to develop their driving style as well, so you're not having to 'play the game' by driving a certain way with a certain setup.

Been playing it regularly since launch now, and can't see myself stopping for a long time.

Come race karts. Most are willing to tell you the gearing they are working with for the race, so you don't end up 20mph down on the straight.

Agreed on the driving alone. I dislike the Nordischlife as a race track. IMO, just not a good racing circuit. Too little overtaking places, and too narrow to get a decent run on the opponent. But alone, it's a great track. No worries about other cars, and due to that, you can really push it in every corner.

And what forces you to use racings soft slicks? Event briefing clearly says what tyres opponents use and what kind of (remember, nontuned!) cars they use. Usually player has bigger marginal to tune up car and no tyre limits. Or is it so that game AI is too fast when you drive with equal terms?;)

Nothing force you. In fact, I have opted to use those tires when I don't need to. Usually only when racing online do I bring them out (because everyone else uses them). When I started, I used the softs. You think you need them because it's Grand Turismo. You think that a game that big, that many copies sold would have an AI the is actually competitive. But after a few races you learn you're miles ahead at the end of a 3-5 lap race, so you cut back. The rules might allow for 500 performance points car with unrestricted tire choice, but none of the cars have 500 pp. So instead you tune down. Go for maybe 420-440 pp and the Sports Soft. Especially the lower powered cars. Unless you're driving/racing against the single seaters, or the high end race cars slicks are not even needed.

Edited by HaydenFan, 26 May 2012 - 13:16.

#1230 MrFondue

MrFondue

• 314 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 18:53

Nothing force you. In fact, I have opted to use those tires when I don't need to. Usually only when racing online do I bring them out (because everyone else uses them). When I started, I used the softs. You think you need them because it's Grand Turismo. You think that a game that big, that many copies sold would have an AI the is actually competitive. But after a few races you learn you're miles ahead at the end of a 3-5 lap race, so you cut back. The rules might allow for 500 performance points car with unrestricted tire choice, but none of the cars have 500 pp. So instead you tune down. Go for maybe 420-440 pp and the Sports Soft. Especially the lower powered cars. Unless you're driving/racing against the single seaters, or the high end race cars slicks are not even needed.

I like what they did with the latest seasonal event, although I have yet to beat the races in a car with less than 395 pp.

Edited by MrFondue, 26 May 2012 - 18:54.

#1231 dave12

dave12

• 703 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 22:14

need help peeps what is the best all round wheel to get for the Ps regarding cost driver feed back and being user friendly? Also is there any difference between the RedBull X 10 and 11 cars with speed and what not?

#1232 100cc

100cc

• 3,163 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 23:20

need help peeps what is the best all round wheel to get for the Ps regarding cost driver feed back and being user friendly? Also is there any difference between the RedBull X 10 and 11 cars with speed and what not?

Logitech DFGT is cheap and good. The pedals are not great though. G27 has better pedals but is roughly twice the price depending on where you buy.

I have both the DFGT and G27 and the G27 wheel isn't any better (won't make you faster).

DFGT has more buttons on the wheel, while the G27 has extra buttons on the h-pattern shifter.

G27 is a quieter wheel if that is important.

Edited by 100cc, 18 June 2012 - 12:08.

#1233 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 10,440 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:56

And to add, if you look forward wheel to possible work with Xbox 360 too, should concider Fanatech wheels.

#1234 Tony Mandara

Tony Mandara

• 8,119 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:34

And the RedBull 2010/11 are different only (slightly) in asthetics Dave. Performance wise they are identical.

#1235 dave12

dave12

• 703 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 18:32

Cheers guys :up:

#1236 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 10,440 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 13:19

GTPlanet says next GT5 DLC will include 7 different layouts of Twin Ring Motegi track.

#1237 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,362 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 22:57

Well there's the Speedway, and then 3 variations of the Road Course, Full, East and West. So I presume the others are reverse layouts?

It's not the greatest track in the world, but I like it, and have fond memories of it from GT4. It's good to see another oval too.

#1238 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 10,440 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:52

They edited news lately it's 4 layouts

#1239 Melbourne Park

Melbourne Park

• 18,998 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:35

Is DLC an upgrade that's coming?

Advertisement

#1240 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 10,440 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:57

Actually track and car came already in last 400mb patch. DLC yesterday just unlocks them.

Pity there's no changing weather nor time of day.

#1241 GX390

GX390

• 749 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 18:23

Is the new track worth getting? Also how is the oval as even though I hate watching racing on an oval I love it in GT5 haha :lol:

#1242 GX390

GX390

• 749 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 18:25

And the RedBull 2010/11 are different only (slightly) in asthetics Dave. Performance wise they are identical.

Nope, the aero is better on the X2011 so it has better top speed and cornering ability than the X2010, can't remember if the engine is different but I'm pretty sure it's the same.

#1243 marchi-91

marchi-91

• 440 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 00:58

The money aspect is in all console games and I think that takes away from the game. It, like you say later on, rewards those who spends hours and hours playing it. What's wrong with the plug and play?

Not really. Yes, the game doesn't feel like the real thing, but outside a few sim games/mod, they don't feel like the real thing either. For the price (with a PS3, wheel, game), you can't beat it.

Huh? Most people have wheels that I play with online. The PS3 pad has the triggers, and most have changed the settings to utilize them as the throttle, brake, rather than the default "X" and "Square" buttons.

And they also cheat. Follow the fastest ghost laps and you find that they follow lines that otherwise you not work on a complete lap, or wouldn't work altogether (like the guys who manage to actually gain speed and control while driving with most of their car is off course in the grass). I've taken the Skip Barber courses and have run cars in SCCA event in the US, as well as racing weekly at the local kart track, and I would bet I have more real racing experience than anyone ahead of me in the GT Academy, yet I'm, on my best runs, in the top 10,000 in the world. And I'm a college kid who has plenty of time to play.

I would love to know the process in which the top drivers are selected for the GT Academy competition. Is it the top drivers just based on time, because they doesn't prove anything. So what if you can drive a Nissan Leaf around Curva Grande at Monza hugging the inside line. Or getting around some esses (cutting all of them) in a Nissan 370Z. How will you do in an actual race car around a whole lap? Will you be able to last 500 miles around Road America, or do an entire stint in Sebring or the Nürburgring.

Drivers go through a high intensity training process to weed out the gamers that clearly don't have what it takes. This is a combination of weight training, fitness and endurance karting events in real life. The actual game competition is only there to give you a shot at qualifying for the main competition. Yes the drivers get extensive training, and some racers consider this cheating in terms of not actually having to scrounge around for any lost dollar like alot do, but at the same time, for the likes of Lucas Ordonez, they've also missed great lengths of time in the development proces.

#1244 HaydenFan

HaydenFan

• 1,785 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:58

Drivers go through a high intensity training process to weed out the gamers that clearly don't have what it takes. This is a combination of weight training, fitness and endurance karting events in real life. The actual game competition is only there to give you a shot at qualifying for the main competition. Yes the drivers get extensive training, and some racers consider this cheating in terms of not actually having to scrounge around for any lost dollar like alot do, but at the same time, for the likes of Lucas Ordonez, they've also missed great lengths of time in the development proces.

What are you talking about? I wasn't talking about them bypassing the traditional route in motorsport. I don't really care how you enter racing. What I was saying about cheating, is that the top people cheated. They cut corners, they took lines that when they got into a real car wouldn't cut time, but would add time, and in most cases, get penalized by the race stewards. Why should the technical cheaters get rewarded, when there are clean drivers who are just as talented, but unwilling to cut the corners to get their name higher on the list? Not being jealous as I don't qualify for the competition.

What I was saying about money, was the in game money. The credits for winning races, and buying cars in the car lot. I don't like that part of GT5. Why must I play hours to make a few million to buy a decent race car? I'll admit, that is the only game I play, but I only got so far in the game before giving up on trying to beat the game. I just play karts online and putt around in the X1.

#1245 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,362 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:51

Is the new track worth getting? Also how is the oval as even though I hate watching racing on an oval I love it in GT5 haha :lol:

It's worth getting, the road course is quite technical, and whilst not electrifying it's different to the others on offer. I enjoy it. The oval is much different to the other 2, as it's a 1.5 mile track with one wide turn and one tighter one. Even in a Formula car you have to either lift or brake for the tighter turn, so it's not just about flat-out driving.

#1246 TimRTC

TimRTC

• 710 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 18:56

Daft question - the new free download car, does it appear in arcade mode or do you have to buy it in the career mode? Downloaded it but doesn't seem to have shown up.

#1247 Superbar

Superbar

• 402 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 22:31

Daft question - the new free download car, does it appear in arcade mode or do you have to buy it in the career mode? Downloaded it but doesn't seem to have shown up.

First you have to install it (to the right in the main menu). After that you will have to take delivery in career mode. Then it will show up in your garage and you can mark it as a favorite to also use it in arcade mode.

#1248 TimRTC

TimRTC

• 710 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:13

First you have to install it (to the right in the main menu). After that you will have to take delivery in career mode. Then it will show up in your garage and you can mark it as a favorite to also use it in arcade mode.

Ah... forgot about the install button :rolleyes: - thanks.

#1249 Tony Mandara

Tony Mandara

• 8,119 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:55

Free car? What free car?

...anyone?

...anywhere?

#1250 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 10,440 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:00

Free car? What free car?