Gran Turismo 5

• Please log in to reply
1335 replies to this topic

#1251 Tony Mandara

Tony Mandara

• 8,167 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:02

Ok. Thx. :up:

Edit: just checked it out on GT Planet. Ugly bugger! No wonder it's free!! :well:

Edited by Tony Mandara, 11 July 2012 - 13:35.

Advertisement

#1252 10e10

10e10

• 804 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:42

Why the only F1 cars in this game are the Ferrari's? Why didn't they add a McLaren since they added McLaren as a manufacturer?

#1253 Superbar

Superbar

• 403 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:48

Something about FOM owning the licening rights to all F1 cars except Ferrari.

#1254 10e10

10e10

• 804 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:45

Something about FOM owning the licening rights to all F1 cars except Ferrari.

Then how can Simracey use McLaren's F1 cars?

#1255 Superbar

Superbar

• 403 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 16:34

Then how can Simracey use McLaren's F1 cars?

You tell me.

#1256 MoebiusPT

MoebiusPT

• 52 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 15:52

Why the only F1 cars in this game are the Ferrari's? Why didn't they add a McLaren since they added McLaren as a manufacturer?

They could have least passed on some of the previous F1 present in GT1-GT4, even if under a false name, like the Lotus 99T (GT3) and Willams FW11 (also GT3).

Would have been a cracker.

#1257 Tony Mandara

Tony Mandara

• 8,167 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 14:32

Finally got around to purchasing and installing all the DLC for GT5. After going through these processes I checked out the new (race)cars in my garage, bought the new Lamborghini and the Beetle 1600 and checked out the new tracks. (updates and install I did at a friend's place)

Then I took the PS3 home and guess what? I seem to only have open a Neon cart track and three Montegi tracks! Nothing else. :drunk: It tells me that (even though I paid and installed it) all the rest is not installed! WTF :confused:

If the neon cart track was bundled together with SPA, how the hell is that open but not SPA?

How come I've got a garage full of racecars and the Lamborghini and the Beetle 1600 that are all showing as locked? :confused:

I knew I was going to be taking the PS3 back offline so I double checked all this (in PS3 'download' menu and ingame 'downloadable content' menu) and everything was "INSTALLED"!!

Why does this game keep on finding ways to screw me?! :evil:

#1258 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 10,487 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 16:15

Tony, Go into dlc menu in game and activate them there.

#1259 Tony Mandara

Tony Mandara

• 8,167 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 17:24

That's the point! I did. And I double checked before I left......

How else could I have the cars in my garage??!

:drunk: :drunk:

Advertisement

#1260 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 10,487 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:58

If you are going to drive practise runs, track is not in same section with that neon karting track - try seeking two variations of it from "world tracks". One is for constant overcast, one with adjustable weather.
If you fail to find it download and install it again, since you have paid for it, they doesn't charge you again.

#1261 Tony Mandara

Tony Mandara

• 8,167 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:59

The cart track is open and available in "Original Tracks" In "World Tracks" the three Montegi tracks are open and available but Spa is just not there! (they were in the same bundle) As I said before I've now got a shiny new Lambo in my garage which I could purchase but is now showing as locked (even though it is in the garage!).

I've received e-mail conformations of the purchase(s) but something seems to have gone drastically wrong during/after the install!

I disabled the internet connection and turned the PS3 off, then reloaded the game (twice!) and eveything was open and available. When I took it home all I got was a big :p .

It's kinda' weird, something always goes wrong when I go into the playstation store!! :evil:

Never mind! :well: I'll sort it out next time I'm online.

Edited by Tony Mandara, 18 September 2012 - 11:00.

#1262 Ristin

Ristin

• 37 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 14:46

I disabled the internet connection and turned the PS3 off, then reloaded the game (twice!) and eveything was open and available. When I took it home all I got was a big :p .

Just to make sure: You do use the same account as you did when downloading, don't you?
Ristin

#1263 Tony Mandara

Tony Mandara

• 8,167 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 15:11

Due to various problems with service providers I have no internet connection at home at the moment, so when at home the connection is disabled in the XMB. (only one user in XMB)

As I said it's not the first time something strange has occured when downloading from PSN.

This happened before for example when I purchased the DLC for Resident Evil 5. I tried out both extra episodes after dowloading and installing them, but then later, when I got home ..... nothing!

Edited by Tony Mandara, 18 September 2012 - 15:12.

#1264 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 10,487 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:25

New update and DLC coming 25 september. Unfortunately there's also new GT-R again...

#1265 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,555 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 17:01

New update and DLC coming 25 september. Unfortunately there's also new GT-R again...

At least it's 'historically relevant' in that Kaz drove it in the N24 this year, and won their class...

Also, it's DLC when the game is nearly 2 years old, which is pretty good when you think about it...

#1266 TimRTC

TimRTC

• 743 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:59

Good to see some new DLC, but I'd love to see some more circuits. I'm sure if they released a pack with 10 new real world tracks they could easily charge £10-15.

#1267 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,555 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 15:05

Good to see some new DLC, but I'd love to see some more circuits. I'm sure if they released a pack with 10 new real world tracks they could easily charge £10-15.

They do go and scan the real-life tracks though (maybe not to the same level as iRacing, but still), which takes time and requires alignment of schedules, where the track is empty and PD are free to send some of their track guys over to map it. Polyphony doesn't have a massive staff, so these things tend to take time.

What I'm still waiting for (and hope they at least bring them back for GT6) is the multitude of fictional tracks that they created culminating in GT4 which had an amazing selection of real-world and fictional circuits.

Midfield Raceway, Costa di Amalfi, Apricot Hill... the list is massive...

#1268 TimRTC

TimRTC

• 743 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 15:14

I never enjoyed the fictional circuits, if I am playing with a realistic driving simulator, I prefer to race on real tracks.

#1269 Tony Mandara

Tony Mandara

• 8,167 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 15:23

I'd much rather have a Midfield Raceway, a Costa di Amalfi or a Seattle circuit than Montegi-short course!

And I think the Nurburgring is for masochists!!  ;)

Edited by Tony Mandara, 01 October 2012 - 15:52.

#1270 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,555 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 15:48

I'd much rather have a Midfield Raceway, a Costa di Amalfi, or a Seattle circuit than Montegi- short course!

And I think the Nurburgring is for masochists!! ;)

Hear hear!

They were great circuits which although based in fiction, were entirely feasible and made for some great driving!

Going up the Seattle 'jumps' was always a favourite of mine!

#1271 Linus27

Linus27

• 4,895 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 17:48

I never enjoyed the fictional circuits, if I am playing with a realistic driving simulator, I prefer to race on real tracks.

Me also. I hate the fictional tracks and never play them. I love the real life tracks and just wish we had more. Motegi is awsome and in fact I will be racing there tonight in an hour endurance race. I would love Sebring, Brands Hatch, Imola, Macau, Adelaide to name a few.

#1272 MrFondue

MrFondue

• 323 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 20:24

Hear hear!

They were great circuits which although based in fiction, were entirely feasible and made for some great driving!

Going up the Seattle 'jumps' was always a favourite of mine!

I'd love to see Apricot Hill back, one of my all time favs.

#1273 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 10,487 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:55

New free car available from January 15 2103 at Playstation Store.

Final prototype of 2014 C7 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray 2014.

#1274 Tenmantaylor

Tenmantaylor

• 8,304 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 16:10

Me also. I hate the fictional tracks and never play them. I love the real life tracks and just wish we had more. Motegi is awsome and in fact I will be racing there tonight in an hour endurance race. I would love Sebring, Brands Hatch, Imola, Macau, Adelaide to name a few.

Only because they don't exist in real life doesn't mean they can't be fun to drive. Grand Valley, Apricot Hill and Midfield (from GT2) would all make great tracks in real life :wave: Great elevation change and attention to detail and challenging from a driving point of view. FWIW I find Motegi awful to drive, little or no camber, awkward tight corners, no fun to me.

#1275 Tony Mandara

Tony Mandara

• 8,167 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:48

I always found those comments a bit strange/silly myself. :confused:

So,.... if I've got this right.... what I'm reading is that if (for example) the Spa circuit did not exist in real life but only in a GT game then some would consider it to be crap?!

:drunk: :eek: :drunk: That makes no sense! :drunk: :eek: :drunk:

Some of the most fun (2p) racing we've done on GT (1 to 6!!) has been at Midfield, (the much maligned) Red Rock Valley, Grand Valley & High Speed Ring. 2x XJ220....Wheel to wheel and bumper to bumper. Great tracks!

The most similar real life track to one of GT's fictional tracks IMO is Suzuka. anyone consider that one to be crap??!!

#1276 Linus27

Linus27

• 4,895 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 13:13

I always found those comments a bit strange/silly myself. :confused:

So,.... if I've got this right.... what I'm reading is that if (for example) the Spa circuit did not exist in real life but only in a GT game then some would consider it to be crap?!

:drunk: :eek: :drunk: That makes no sense! :drunk: :eek: :drunk:

Some of the most fun (2p) racing we've done on GT (1 to 6!!) has been at Midfield, (the much maligned) Red Rock Valley, Grand Valley & High Speed Ring. 2x XJ220....Wheel to wheel and bumper to bumper. Great tracks!

The most similar real life track to one of GT's fictional tracks IMO is Suzuka. anyone consider that one to be crap??!!

Nope, you've got it wrong I'm afraid. I don't consider a track like High Speed Ring anywhere near as exciting or as challenging as say Spa, Suzuka, Le Mans, Sebring etc. I mean why would I drive a simple track like High Speed Ring when I would drive something amazing like Le Mans with changeable weather and day night cycles. Sorry but to me a lot of the fantasy tracks are nowhere near the challenge, atmosphere or quality of the real life tracks.

#1277 Tony Mandara

Tony Mandara

• 8,167 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 14:09

S'okay. No need to be afraid. I haven't got it wrong at all. :)

"I can lap 'the Ring/LaSarthe in **min**sec!" Doesn't mean much in a game now, does it?! (there's no real Kudo value there!)

Don't see any other reason for deriding the 'fantasy' tracks. :well: (nice cherry picking by only mentioning the HSR though! :up: )

Like I said, it just comes over as a bit silly (to me) but he!..... Everyone has personal preferences.

No biggie.  ;)

#1278 Linus27

Linus27

• 4,895 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 18:28

S'okay. No need to be afraid. I haven't got it wrong at all. :)

"I can lap 'the Ring/LaSarthe in **min**sec!" Doesn't mean much in a game now, does it?! (there's no real Kudo value there!)

Don't see any other reason for deriding the 'fantasy' tracks. :well: (nice cherry picking by only mentioning the HSR though! :up: )

Like I said, it just comes over as a bit silly (to me) but he!..... Everyone has personal preferences.

No biggie. ;)

Not sure about the lapping the Ring/LaSarthe bit as I hate the Ring and find it boring and uninspiring. Le Mans is ace though but my favourite tracks are street tracks like Monaco, Adelaide, Singapore to name a few.

Well I could mention the other fantasy tracks that don't inspire me like Autumn Ring, Deep Forest, Trial Mountain but I mentioned HSR as it has a wet version. Either way still dull to me compared to tracks like Spa, Suzuka, Le Mans. I admit, Grand Valley Speedway is superb and the GT5 championships I organise usually includes this track like it did last Monday's round of the British GT championship.

I don't have a problem with fantasy tracks so its not silly but most in my opinion lack a lot of the features, atmosphere and challenge that real life tracks have. High Speed Ring for example can be taken about 75% full throttle which is not very exciting.

For the record here is one of our championship races that we held at Grand Valley East. Here I am (white Honda) fighting for the lead with two other guys.

Grand Valley East

#1279 MrFondue

MrFondue

• 323 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 21:46

Not sure about the lapping the Ring/LaSarthe bit as I hate the Ring and find it boring and uninspiring. Le Mans is ace though but my favourite tracks are street tracks like Monaco, Adelaide, Singapore to name a few.

Well I could mention the other fantasy tracks that don't inspire me like Autumn Ring, Deep Forest, Trial Mountain but I mentioned HSR as it has a wet version. Either way still dull to me compared to tracks like Spa, Suzuka, Le Mans. I admit, Grand Valley Speedway is superb and the GT5 championships I organise usually includes this track like it did last Monday's round of the British GT championship.

I don't have a problem with fantasy tracks so its not silly but most in my opinion lack a lot of the features, atmosphere and challenge that real life tracks have. High Speed Ring for example can be taken about 75% full throttle which is not very exciting.

For the record here is one of our championship races that we held at Grand Valley East. Here I am (white Honda) fighting for the lead with two other guys.

Grand Valley East

The full Grand Valley speedway is an awesome track, probably the only fictional circuit that got ported to GTR and GTR2.

Advertisement

#1280 Tony Mandara

Tony Mandara

• 8,167 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:53

Well, what I meant was (if you feel like checking back in the thread) like when the game was new release we wanted to do a time trial competition. Only someone immediatley said "OK! Minlota Toyota on the Nordschlief!" It turned into an exercise in machoism and removed all the fun. Some people don't seem to remember that a game should be fun! I don't want to have to wring out the armpits of my t-shirt after playing a game for 5 mins! Some seem to think that lapping the 'ring quickly in a game turns you into S Vettel, whereas if the tried it in a real vehicle they'd probably stack it before the third corner!!

Well I could mention the other fantasy tracks that don't inspire me like Autumn Ring, Deep Forest, Trial Mountain but I mentioned HSR as it has a wet version. Either way still dull to me compared to tracks like Spa, Suzuka, Le Mans. I admit, Grand Valley Speedway is superb and the GT5 championships I organise usually includes this track like it did last Monday's round of the British GT championship

Agree on Autumn Ring, Deep Forest and Trial Mountain. Due to the similarities between them having all three in one game seems a bit daft to me. One yes. three no. I get what you mean about HSR, but surely that's the nature of the track because that's it's purpose. (Was the fastest track in GT1. IIRC)
Don't get me wrong, I'm not calling you silly or trying to insult you, but I'd still take any of the fantasy tracks over the (IMHO) totally unispiring Montegi short course, anyday!

Grand Valley East

Nice. As an aside, ... a girl at work wants to know where she can get her Honda Civic painted in the same gaudy pink colour as your opponent!!

Edited by Tony Mandara, 18 January 2013 - 12:56.

#1281 Ibsey

Ibsey

• 99 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:21

Hi

I was wondering whether someone might be able to kindly help me. I had been playing GT5 offline up until xmas last year, due to not having any internet connection. However I have since moved to somewhere which does have an internet connection. However I have discovered a frustratingly annoying problem.

I had brought my PS3 2nd hand, so the user before me had created their own User ID thingly on the PS3 startup page. So when I was playing GT5 offline, I had logged into & saved all the cars I had gained that User ID. Not knowing much about how the user ID nor imagining it would be any sort of problem. However since trying to connecting GT5 to the internet, on that particularly User ID (where all my saved cars are contained), I have found it requires a password. So I can either play with all my existing cars, but offline. Or I have to start GT5 from afresh online.

I have tried all possible solutions including creating a second user ID & copying my saved cars from User ID 1 to User ID 2. However this doesn't work in GT5, as whenever I started up the game a message appears, basically telling me that I cannot load up another users saved game (even thought it is actually mine). Normally I wouldn't mind too much, however this is the fourth time I have had to start GT5 from a fresh (the other times being down to YLOD). So it is getting annoying to say the least. Also I had spent ages getting some pretty decent cars tuned (which did take ages offline) & setting them up so I would like to avoid having to do all that again if possible.

Therefore I was wondering if anyone out there might have encountered any similar issues & might be able to help me? Or at the very least, might be able to advise me where I can earn quick money on GT5 online, in order to get at least some of the cars I had previously.

Thanks in advance. :)

#1282 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 10,487 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 14:49

Ibsey,

You still have played game with another fellows account and if you don't know password, it's all gone and I would say even it's fair.
For example, if I would lose prepaid simcard of 20 euros and I don't mind "finder, the keeper" to use it own puposes, but I definetely would not allow him/her to access to my with passwords or pincode.

However,
If you have netconnection for your game available all the time and you have to start from scratch, money making is not issue. Keep loggin daily into game to get 200% boost on experience points and rewards wins. It should take few days. Then with few cars you might already have, take part on online seasonal events. There's every week's thursday new event's and time trials and drifting events expires in 2 weeks, while tournaments and cups last for ever or till they are taken down by Polyphony. Beating events, get you 200% bonuses, experience and most of time when all completed they reward with new car (one time only).
Some event's could grant you million credits per try. Remember game also has 20 000 000 cr limit so after that your rewards goes into waste unless you buy something.

Also if you don't have suitable car, take a look on Online Car Dealership icon and you might fins those standard cars little bigger price than used cars section but they have mileage of zero.

Remember license. What's most unfortunate for you, you have to redo first license again. Good thing is, you don't need other license like GT3 and GT4 did request.

PS. I haven't played game much recently, but some of updates has made changes on those bonus percentages. Though they are in reward 200% you can influence on it better or worse. If you are confidient on your driving skills, choose car with much less powerpoints event request. There you have to really fight for your reward as undertaker, but price has multiplier on difficulty as well. I cannot remember if you take superior car within the rules if it effect on reward multiplier negativeli. Try and tell.

Edited by The Kanisteri, 17 February 2013 - 14:50.

#1283 Tony Mandara

Tony Mandara

• 8,167 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 13:42

........... Remember game also has 20 000 000 cr limit so after that your rewards goes into waste unless you buy something.

I did not know that! So that's how you get the trophy for spending every last cent!

Edited by Tony Mandara, 19 February 2013 - 13:43.

#1284 Ibsey

Ibsey

• 99 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 16:01

Ibsey,

You still have played game with another fellows account and if you don't know password, it's all gone and I would say even it's fair.
For example, if I would lose prepaid simcard of 20 euros and I don't mind "finder, the keeper" to use it own puposes, but I definetely would not allow him/her to access to my with passwords or pincode.

However,
If you have netconnection for your game available all the time and you have to start from scratch, money making is not issue. Keep loggin daily into game to get 200% boost on experience points and rewards wins. It should take few days. Then with few cars you might already have, take part on online seasonal events. There's every week's thursday new event's and time trials and drifting events expires in 2 weeks, while tournaments and cups last for ever or till they are taken down by Polyphony. Beating events, get you 200% bonuses, experience and most of time when all completed they reward with new car (one time only).
Some event's could grant you million credits per try. Remember game also has 20 000 000 cr limit so after that your rewards goes into waste unless you buy something.

Also if you don't have suitable car, take a look on Online Car Dealership icon and you might fins those standard cars little bigger price than used cars section but they have mileage of zero.

Remember license. What's most unfortunate for you, you have to redo first license again. Good thing is, you don't need other license like GT3 and GT4 did request.

PS. I haven't played game much recently, but some of updates has made changes on those bonus percentages. Though they are in reward 200% you can influence on it better or worse. If you are confidient on your driving skills, choose car with much less powerpoints event request. There you have to really fight for your reward as undertaker, but price has multiplier on difficulty as well. I cannot remember if you take superior car within the rules if it effect on reward multiplier negativeli. Try and tell.

Thanks for your help. I guess I am going to have to start from the beginning yet again. As far as I could tell, the negative multiplier thing didn't seemed to apply. Anyway thanks for the help. I'm just praying that it won't have affected any other games in a simliar way. Fingers crossed.

Edited by Ibsey, 19 February 2013 - 16:02.

#1285 UPRC

UPRC

• 4,610 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 22:23

Gentlemen, start your engines for Gran Turismo 6 in 2013! ... Supposedly.

http://ca.ign.com/ar...o-ps3-this-year

#1286 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 10,487 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 13:17

Gentlemen, start your engines for Gran Turismo 6 in 2013! ... Supposedly.

http://ca.ign.com/ar...o-ps3-this-year

Usually these GT game release days miss their targets by several years...

Sony announced PS4 last week and it's waited for markets till end of this year. Will PolyPhony take risk and develope game for new system and tries to sell GT6 to low number of players who are wealth enough to buy PS4 as new? I don't think so.

GT6 for PS3 this year...hmm. They should improve from GT5 a lot. Forza 4 in Xbox has soul and it's fun to play. GT5 leaves cold. Atleast PS3 has proper wheels unless you want to invest with xbox more money on wheelset than console worth of. Release of PS4 would pressure release date for GT6 if it's made for PS3. They need to get their developing money (for GT6 or 7 for PS4) from current range of PS3 players. So as business wide it's wise to release it to PS3.

Sure they could split GT6 for PS3 and PS4 release. Boast with performance of PS4, but with paraller development suffer about half well made game.

We will see.

#1287 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,555 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 20:01

I'd rather wait a year longer once the PS4 is out and the initial hype is over (then retailers start doing deals and dropping prices) and then have GT6 on the PS4. GT5 has stretched the PS3 to it's limits and it's still flawed and scruffy in places. A GT6 on the PS3 would have find a lot of hidden depth to the console that I think most people found the limits of a couple of years ago.

It is wise to use the fact that the PS3 is the established console and more likely a big seller than a new release on a new platform, but I think the core fanbase would be disappointed. Perhaps a GT6: Prologue on PS3 before unleashing the full whack on the new console?

#1288 Tony Mandara

Tony Mandara

• 8,167 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 14:15

Performed a Data Transfer to my new PS3 this weekend as the old machine refused to read (amongst others) the GT5 disc. However, as I didn't have the medium to be able to 'deactivate' the old system and 'activate' the new one in my PSN account, all copy protected DLC data is currently locked. :down: (Oddly ... except for Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City, the DLC for which is all open. And that's half the bloody game!!)

However, although I can rectify this (deactivate/activate old/new sytems) later all of my GT5 photos are gone!

Anyone know if those are also copy protected files? Or have I actually lost them?

Trophies I couldn't really give a t*ss about!

Edited by Tony Mandara, 04 March 2013 - 14:32.

#1289 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 10,487 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:44

I once had failure to read any blu-rays in ps3. Laser reader was kaput and I got it changed. All has work well since that.

Tony, could you contact Sony for support?

#1290 Tony Mandara

Tony Mandara

• 8,167 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:54

Kani,

I bought the new machine in order to preserve the older one, which is (amazingly!) a still working Generation 1 PS3. It just needs a cleanout/cleanup and not too much heavy use.

As to the (DLC) Data, it's not really a support issue. I was informed before making the data transfer that copy protected data will not be available until the source machine is deactivated in my PNS account, and the destination machine activated. I can sort that out later. :up: I just didn't know if the GT5 photos are copy protected and thus not viewable, or whether they are really gone.

I was quite proud of some of them. :blush:

Took me bloody ages as well!! :evil:

This game really hasn't been good to me! :lol:

#1291 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 10,487 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:48

You cannot always win ;)

Posted Image

#1292 Tony Mandara

Tony Mandara

• 8,167 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:36

Ha! That the best you've got?! I've got much better than that!**

You should see my FormulaGT pulling wheelies,.. or powersliding the RudeBull car (Not easy!).

**Well,......at least I may still have.... :well:

#1293 Jovanotti

Jovanotti

• 2,878 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:01

Anybody tried out the Prius TC? Handles like a motor boat and sounds like a lawnmower.

Edited by Jovanotti, 07 March 2013 - 12:58.

#1294 Tenmantaylor

Tenmantaylor

• 8,304 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 15:41

Yeah it's in one of the license tests. CVT's (or cars that use the engine as an electric generator) make awful racing cars, revs are really important for audibly knowing speed and braking points. Would probably get used to it but it's just not right. Remember DC testing CVT in a Williams https://www.google.c....44770516,d.Yms

Edited by Tenmantaylor, 08 April 2013 - 15:45.

#1295 DanardiF1

DanardiF1

• 6,555 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 22:27

The car itself is pretty cool (has covered rear wheels and gives the otherwise timid Prius a bit of macho charisma) but I get annoyed at the CVT transmission. I get that it's efficient, but it sounds rubbish and ultimately in a game (even one that aims to best simulate real cars etc.) it's not really needed.

I just wish there was an option to give it a regular 6-speed box. The car would be so much better for it.

#1296 HaydenFan

HaydenFan

• 2,088 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 23:30

Could a Prius Touring Car really work though? I mean, it's touring car racing. Compared to most racing, the 4 cylinder engines on BTCC and WTCC have got to be the most efficient engines in motorsport. So is a hybrid really needed?

I like the concept though, but seeing the times I had with it, I think a Vauxhall or a Honda would be a much better machine.

#1297 Tenmantaylor

Tenmantaylor

• 8,304 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:46

I agree Hayden but the good thing is people get to try and decide for themselves, that's what a lot of people like about the GT series even if it means there are a lot of dull cars in the game you'll never want to drive. Maybe you could try doing an endurance race and see how efficient it is compared to a typical touring car? Thought not :lol:

Edited by Tenmantaylor, 09 April 2013 - 12:46.

#1298 Spamilton

Spamilton

• 42 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 14:50

Did not race online yet, I now saved 800.000 credits (level 23 A) and I want the NSX Raybrig 2000 which can only bought in the used dealer, but cannot see the car for days.

Edited by Spamilton, 21 April 2013 - 14:51.

#1299 HaydenFan

HaydenFan

• 2,088 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 16:22

Did not race online yet, I now saved 800.000 credits (level 23 A) and I want the NSX Raybrig 2000 which can only bought in the used dealer, but cannot see the car for days.

If your system is connected, go to the Seasonal Events. Depending on what you have as cars, you can rake up credits, ranging from 100,000 for a race using basic road going cars, to upwards of a million for races using full on race cars. Having saved the credits to buy a car you want means more than having the necessary amount. Win more as until you find your car (which I'll get back to next), you might find other cars you want, or need to compete in certain events.

But going back to finding your car. Each race and IIRC each practice you run, the game in effect moves to another day. Which means to the Used Car Dealership is that new cars come in. For me, that can comes along a bit more frequently than other cars, and seeing as your only a level 23, running the A-Spec races, there are many opportunities for that car to come along.

Racing online with this game is a bit of hit and miss. Sometimes you can come across a great room, but odds are than you'll find a bunch of people who shouldn't be online, in terms of actual driving ability with the game, and in terms of how they act with other people driving around them. You need to play a bit to find the right friends to race with. They might run only a few types of cars or styles of racing, but they get pretty tight knit. I found a bunch of good racers in the kart rooms and really find the atmosphere there a hell of a lot more fun than most rooms. For just pure start and racing online though, the Shuffle Rooms are the best. Well, unless you get stuck with a bad car, but it's only one race (3 to 5 laps) until you get another car.

For how immense the game is, it is sadly a bit lacking in many aspects. Not that many tracks in all honestly, the Standard Cars suck. The physics compared to the Premium Cars are sadly lacking. I don't mind the lack in interior design (which just means to me that Polyphony Digital either got lazy or overambitious on their goals), but make every car actually decent to drive. You cannot tell me that the Audi and Mercedes DTM cars of the early 2000's where that bad to drive. Or any of the Group B rally cars.

Edited by HaydenFan, 21 April 2013 - 16:27.

Advertisement

#1300 Spamilton

Spamilton

• 42 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 17:13

If your system is connected, go to the Seasonal Events. Depending on what you have as cars, you can rake up credits, ranging from 100,000 for a race using basic road going cars, to upwards of a million for races using full on race cars. Having saved the credits to buy a car you want means more than having the necessary amount. Win more as until you find your car (which I'll get back to next), you might find other cars you want, or need to compete in certain events.

But going back to finding your car. Each race and IIRC each practice you run, the game in effect moves to another day. Which means to the Used Car Dealership is that new cars come in. For me, that can comes along a bit more frequently than other cars, and seeing as your only a level 23, running the A-Spec races, there are many opportunities for that car to come along.

Racing online with this game is a bit of hit and miss. Sometimes you can come across a great room, but odds are than you'll find a bunch of people who shouldn't be online, in terms of actual driving ability with the game, and in terms of how they act with other people driving around them. You need to play a bit to find the right friends to race with. They might run only a few types of cars or styles of racing, but they get pretty tight knit. I found a bunch of good racers in the kart rooms and really find the atmosphere there a hell of a lot more fun than most rooms. For just pure start and racing online though, the Shuffle Rooms are the best. Well, unless you get stuck with a bad car, but it's only one race (3 to 5 laps) until you get another car.

For how immense the game is, it is sadly a bit lacking in many aspects. Not that many tracks in all honestly, the Standard Cars suck. The physics compared to the Premium Cars are sadly lacking. I don't mind the lack in interior design (which just means to me that Polyphony Digital either got lazy or overambitious on their goals), but make every car actually decent to drive. You cannot tell me that the Audi and Mercedes DTM cars of the early 2000's where that bad to drive. Or any of the Group B rally cars.

Wow, thanks for the help/tips. I will check the online modus out, also in events.

So which lever are you and what is your favorite car and do you already have the X2011?