Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Advertisement

#202 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

• 8,012 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:32

I see Sebastian Vettel and Adrian Newey are involved in the project. I wonder what they'll be doing? From the sounds of things, Vettel is introducing the circuits and the races, while Newey is some kind of consultant to the game (and maybe talks the player through car setup and strategy?).

#203 BiH

BiH

• 2,311 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:44

maybe redbull f1 car in game?

but i guess that is not possible due to codemaster license.

#204 Exar Kun

Exar Kun

• 1,169 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 04:14

maybe redbull f1 car in game?

but i guess that is not possible due to codemaster license.

Codemasters have a license with FOA. That gives them access to all cars and all tracks. To bring the individual car to the game they only have to have a license with Red Bull Racing. Ferrari have already had an F1 car in GT5 Prologue and iRacing have licensed the Williams for their game.

AFAIK, there's nothing contractually stopping a developer from going to each team and each track and getting licenses from all of them separately. As long as the game carried no "Formula 1" branding or trademarks then it'd be ok.

#205 dank

dank

• 5,191 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 12:48

You could quite comfortably write everything I know about racing games on the side of a coin. But what I do know is that this looks rather delicious - I think I've just released some sex wee! :love:

#206 pRy

pRy

• 10,886 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 13:08

Not sure what those fighter jets above the top gear test track are about. Looks awesome tho. All I care about with this game is a savegame with all the cars and then driving a ferrari around Italy. All this game will be for me is a pick up and drive type game when I want to relax.

#207 Tony Mandara

Tony Mandara

• 8,167 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 13:31

Not sure what those fighter jets above the top gear test track are about.

Top Gear test track is on an old, unused airfield, which will probably be active in the game. (as background of course!) Remember the hot-air balloon(s) from GT4?

Edited by Tony Mandara, 16 June 2010 - 13:34.

#208 klyster

klyster

• 4,305 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 14:01

Lots of replay vids and shots, but no actual gameplay videos and shots?

Actually, there was some actual in-game footage from E3 but hardly the shiny examples from above, and damage is still nowhere to be seen.

#209 Youichi

Youichi

• 2,996 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 17:00

...November 2nd.;)

In the US....Can anyone find a date for the rest of the world ?

#210 dank

dank

• 5,191 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 17:18

In the US....Can anyone find a date for the rest of the world ?

The exact day for the UK is to be confirmed. But November 2nd is a Tuesday (when games are typically launched in the USA), so I'd take a guess and say a few days after that, hopefully.

#211 Villes Gilleneuve

Villes Gilleneuve

• 2,248 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 20:00

And your comment about enthusiasts being divided about force feedback is absolute crap. You talk about me being a child playing games, you don't seem to know much about driving a real car and the actual forces that are placed through a steering wheel. Hence the reason force feedback was implemented into wheels :stoned: They give you the feel of a road, in a simulated guise to that of real life.

Sorry, but the NASCAR and GPL sim hardcore racers tend to prefer expensive custom wheel with no FF.

FF doesn't make any real difference to lap times, it's yet another gimmick.
Regardless, aren't you the PS3 fan? they even took off vibration, then brought it back.

#212 Villes Gilleneuve

Villes Gilleneuve

• 2,248 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 20:06

Gran Turismo 5 is coming :D

So's Jesus, apparently.

Posted Image

No release date at E3, this means 2011...or later.

#213 Peeko

Peeko

• 3,210 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 22:36

No release date at E3, this means 2011...or later.

http://us.gran-turis...news/d5233.html

#214 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

• 8,012 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 23:17

Following the game on another forum, it's been noted that Adrian Newey appears to be drawing something. It's also become clear that Sebastian Vettel is talking about a car that can "easily top four hundred kilometres an hour". It's been speculated that Newey may be designing the game's next generation of Formula GT cars or some such since there doesn't appear to be a racing car that can top that speed with ease.

Looks awesome tho.

I suspect that may be the entire point.

#215 Tony Mandara

Tony Mandara

• 8,167 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:05

OMG! I've just seen something that worries me......

DLC cars??! :eek:

And then, I suppose, in stores six months down the line a "game of the year edition" at full price (with all the stuff that you didn't get when paying full price new!) etc etc etc....... or filling up my HDD with DLC for all the games I own.
The buggers are going to force me to buy a 500g HDD!!! :rolleyes:

#216 Tenmantaylor

Tenmantaylor

• 8,305 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:52

WOW! Looks like it might just be worth the wait. Even though I know it will probably be pretty crap to drive compared to all the other amazing tracks I can't wait to drive the top gear test track! Im guessing it's a given the reasonably priced car will be in the game...

They must be aiming for a worldwide Christmas release, it would make most sense. 2011 would be horrendous.

Edited by Tenmantaylor, 17 June 2010 - 11:54.

#217 jaisli

jaisli

• 1,212 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 12:07

Here are some additional details posted (sourced from GTPlanet, Kotaku, MotorTrend, IGN & Gamespot)

# Polyphony Digital is working on reducing load times and is still tweaking graphics ahead of the November release date. :up:

# The game has nearly filled all of the space available on Blu-Ray disc. :drunk:

# You’ll have the option to synchronize the game’s time of day with the track’s current local time. :up:

# The crowds will be dynamic, so there will be more tents, cars, and motorhomes at longer races. :lol: Whatever.

# 16 Player online mode with up to 32 in private lobbies. :up: :clap:

# Both high and low-beam headlights will be included, so you can flash slower cars as you’re about to pass them (how awesome will this be during the 24 hour races!?!). All lights will illuminate dirt, smoke, or other debris in the air.

# NASCAR insisted that all of their series’ cars be playable on all circuits in the game.

# It was previously mentioned that only 9 NASCAR cars will be included, but this was incorrect. There are simply 9 cars in the E3 2010 demo, but “many more” are coming.

# With the exception of profanity, all of the Nurburgring’s graffiti has been re-created, just as it is in real life. According to Kotaku, they will attempt to keep the graffiti up-to-date before the game is shipped. :lol: It doesn't mean much but the attention to detail is pretty staggering.

# Players will be able to maintain an online profile to share and watch friend’s progress and statistics. The game will also include full spectator mode during online races, viewable from any track angle or inside any car. :up:

# All cars (including standard models) will accumulate dirt and will have functional horns.

# All cars will have functioning reverse lights. :rolleyes:

# More information will be revealed at Gamescom in Germany on August 18-22.

#218 King Six

King Six

• 3,230 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 12:26

So anyone got a decent tracklist yet? Wonder how many F1 circuits are going to find their way into this game

#219 jaisli

jaisli

• 1,212 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 13:45

So anyone got a decent tracklist yet? Wonder how many F1 circuits are going to find their way into this game

So far...

Circuit de la Sarthe
Daytona International Speedway
Eiger Nordwand Forward & Reverse [fictional]
Fuji Speedway F & GT
High Speed Ring Forward & Reverse [fictional]
Indianapolis Motor Speedway
Nurburgring GP/F, Nordschleife, & 24H
Suzuka Circuit & Suzuka East Course
The Top Gear Test Track
Tsukuba Circuit
Indianapolis Superspeedway
London Short Forward & Reverse, and Long
Madrid Curso del Sol
Rome
Route 5 [fictional]
Tokyo Route 246
Toscana [fictional]

Personally, I'd prefer to see a few (hundred) less cars and about a dozen more tracks. Although we know ~ 5 more are coming.

Advertisement

#220 Alan Boiston

Alan Boiston

• 34 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 14:18

Personally, I'd prefer to see a few (hundred) less cars and about a dozen more tracks. Although we know ~ 5 more are coming.

I agree, it would be nice to see more circuits, big problem with the GT series has always been jack of all trades master of none. So you've rally cars but how many rally circuits? Not enough to call it a rally game. You've got Nascar but how many cars in a race, how many circuits? Not enough for a Nascar game. You've got a couple of F1 cars but only a couple of F1 circuits? Not enough for an F1 game ect.

Yeah lets loose 4-500 cars we're never likely to use because they're slight variations and build on each mode, more circuits and a comprehensive focus on each racing discipline.

#221 Tenmantaylor

Tenmantaylor

• 8,305 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 15:16

I agree the rally always felt like an afterthought compared to the core track focused experience but what I love about GT is the cross series ability. How fast can a NASCAR lap the Nordschleife? How quick can you make a rally car go around Indianapolis oval? In the old games I used to love seeing how cars from different series stacked up against each other at the same tracks (even if you have to take the results with a pinch of salt). A bit like interactive top trumps. A little bit of everything is what GT is, otherwise it just becomes a bunch of licensed standalone series games all in one. If PD were to do this they may aswell scrap GT and partition out each series as seperate games (and make loads more money whilst at it). I think we should be grateful PD have remained faithful to their original vision and not sold out to the license owners.

#222 Lewis

Lewis

• 672 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 16:22

still seen no rain and damage car effects.... not very impressed with this fantasy game. :(

Edited by Lewis, 17 June 2010 - 16:23.

#223 Youichi

Youichi

• 2,996 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:27

still seen no rain and damage car effects.... not very impressed with this fantasy game. :(

Watch the E3 trailer, theres damage to the cars on it, and there was another trailer where a WRC lost a door.

Edited by Youichi, 18 June 2010 - 08:27.

#224 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 10,490 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:37

Hopefully classic muscle cars has interior... (in fact I hope all cars has interior)

#225 klyster

klyster

• 4,305 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 04:45

Watch the E3 trailer, theres damage to the cars on it, and there was another trailer where a WRC lost a door.

Here's some gameplay vids:

I'm not seeing the shiny from the replay vids being carried over, and I'm assuming damage is turned off, cos it looks like crap when hits the wall.

I really want to see some good in game footage dammit, anyone seen any good footage with damage? (not a pre-rendered door flying open).

edit:
Damage in GT5!

Edited by klyster, 19 June 2010 - 05:02.

#226 baddog

baddog

• 23,377 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 10:33

Sorry, but the NASCAR and GPL sim hardcore racers tend to prefer expensive custom wheel with no FF.

Those people rate things according to what lets them go faster and win in their leagues, not in any way according to what makes for a more realistic and engaging racing experience, which is all most non-competitive players care about. The two viewpoints are not resolvable.

#227 Slowinfastout

Slowinfastout

• 9,681 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 14:49

Regardless, aren't you the PS3 fan? they even took off vibration, then brought it back.

That reads like a 10 years old post...

If the Force-Feedback wheel is fed with meaningful stuff straight from the physics engine, it's not a gimmick.. it's useful feedback period.

#228 Peeko

Peeko

• 3,210 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 00:05

If the Force-Feedback wheel is fed with meaningful stuff straight from the physics engine, it's not a gimmick.. it's useful feedback period.

Vibration feedback = gimmick
Force feedback = no gimmick

#229 marchi-91

marchi-91

• 440 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 06:34

:lol: :lol: :lol: You are fully aware that these "expensive custom" Wheels, now come with force feed back because the likes of Logitech and Fanatec were getting almost the same results as their $2,500 counter parts that didn't have it?

Edited by marchi-91, 20 June 2010 - 06:35.

#230 Tenmantaylor

Tenmantaylor

• 8,305 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 08:34

FF, when configured correctly on a good wheel, is brilliant and helps loads. When I raced in the FSR world champs with my G25 there's no way I could have been as consistant without FF. Even if it's not 100% accurate it just gives you another reference point with which to guide your inputs.

Still havn't tried my G25 on Prologue, is it worth a go?

#231 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 10,490 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 12:36

I guess so! Logitech GT4 FF wheel was great getting golden times in GT5P.

#232 Redstorm

Redstorm

• 343 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 15:07

QUOTE (Tenmantaylor @ Jun 21 2010, 11:34)

Definately try it out with ABS off and TC off. Have you tippy toeing around the track in no time!

Had a whole night with a friend over playing that way. Set a fast time with them on then try and beat it with them off. Keeps you busy for awhile.....

#233 Tenmantaylor

Tenmantaylor

• 8,305 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 22:20

http://us.gran-turis...news/d5247.html

#234 Tony Matthews

Tony Matthews

• 17,498 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 08:07

Blimey! Bring it on!

#235 Juan Kerr

Juan Kerr

• 2,610 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 23:53

Are they in the process of mapping Silverstone perhaps with the new layout ?

#236 pRy

pRy

• 10,886 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 09:44

Looks incredible. The spectator mode is interesting, sounds like you can spectate online races even if you're not part of them.

#237 johnap

johnap

• 280 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 17:24

http://www.gtplanet....itor-confirmed/

Track Editor :D

#238 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 10,490 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 20:32

http://www.gtplanet....itor-confirmed/

Track Editor :D

I don't believe that.
There's been lot of speculation those japanese developers during interviews are translated wrong or complete misunderstood.

Polyphony team has used massive amount of time to make tracks very acccurate and you guys seriously think they make point and click quick editor for Playstation 3 to have custom tracks?

Edited by The Kanisteri, 06 July 2010 - 20:32.

#239 slewisevans

slewisevans

• 5 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 21:44

Well I have been waiting for it to come out before I buy a PS3 so hope it definately makes it for xmas this year :)

Advertisement

#240 igrf

igrf

• 12 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 10:05

Maybe not the best topic to post this in .....

But I'm really looking forward to this game !
I actually bought my PS2 to play GT3, didn't really like GT4 all that much but am really hoping that the 'storyline' returns to GT5.
I loved having to save money for better tires to fit to my small car in order to win higher/more difficult races.
In GT4 this feeling was mostly gone due to overpowered cheap cars but I digress....

I'm looking at buying a new wheel because my old one pretty beaten up now.
It will probably be the Logitech Driving force GT ...

But my PS3/tv is downstairs in the living room and I usually play from my couch.
I'm looking for a good way to use my wheel in the living room.

I don't have the space (nor wife approval :rolleyes: ) to put a playseat in the room so I need some alternative wheel mounting device !

Any tips from the pro's ?

Thanks,
Greg

#241 marchi-91

marchi-91

• 440 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:11

Maybe not the best topic to post this in .....

But I'm really looking forward to this game !
I actually bought my PS2 to play GT3, didn't really like GT4 all that much but am really hoping that the 'storyline' returns to GT5.
I loved having to save money for better tires to fit to my small car in order to win higher/more difficult races.
In GT4 this feeling was mostly gone due to overpowered cheap cars but I digress....

I'm looking at buying a new wheel because my old one pretty beaten up now.
It will probably be the Logitech Driving force GT ...

But my PS3/tv is downstairs in the living room and I usually play from my couch.
I'm looking for a good way to use my wheel in the living room.

I don't have the space (nor wife approval :rolleyes: ) to put a playseat in the room so I need some alternative wheel mounting device !

Any tips from the pro's ?

Thanks,
Greg

http://www.wheelstandpro.com/

#242 mogens18

mogens18

• 4 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 19:19

http://www.wheelstandpro.com/

http://www.fanatec.com/

#243 baddog

baddog

• 23,377 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 04:10

This is probably rubbish but a neat idea

I have to make a shameful confession. I just preordered the ludicrous special signature edition.

#244 klyster

klyster

• 4,305 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 07:04

Ouch!!! $600 dollars and no Force Feedback?

Storage options are pretty cool though.

#245 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 10,490 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 13:20

Nice! Does it include buttons to give team orders too? :lol:

#246 Exar Kun

Exar Kun

• 1,169 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 22:11

I managed to talk myself out of the signature edition on the way home from work yesterday. Whilst it does look mighty tasty, I just won't get much use out of all the funky stuff. Plus, I really should save money where possible so it'll just be plain old vanilla GT5 for me.

#247 baddog

baddog

• 23,377 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 22:53

I managed to talk myself out of the signature edition on the way home from work yesterday. Whilst it does look mighty tasty, I just won't get much use out of all the funky stuff. Plus, I really should save money where possible so it'll just be plain old vanilla GT5 for me.

See thats all completely true about me too. Im just more stupid than you it seems. *sigh*

#248 klyster

klyster

• 4,305 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 01:13

:lol:

#249 vtpachyderm

vtpachyderm

• 1,087 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 07:41

I guess baddog is also the target market for this?  ;)

#250 baddog

baddog

• 23,377 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 05:31

I guess baddog is also the target market for this? ;)

Yes, yes that IS the item I preordered. thanks for rubbing that in ;)