Photo

Irony

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MoMurray

MoMurray

• 738 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 04:31

Last weekend, I had the great pleasure of attending the World Supers in Utah and as I was keen for a bit of nostalgia, I decided to stay at the track in a motorhome, just like in the old days. Anyway although I had a pre-arranges spot, when I arrived late on Wednesday, the kid at security had no idea where to put me so said just go in and find a spot...which I did...in a nice fenced off part of the paddock behind the garages. Well a couple of evenings later my travelling buddy and I were having dinner and decided to watch a DVD. I put Faster on and sat back. So here we are watching a piece on how John Hopkins was discovered and outside our door, John Hopkins is grilling chicken on a hibachi on the back of his golf car. Then the movie moves on to a piece about Nori Haga on the Aprilia...guess who is in the motorhome next door...Haga. Then a whole section about Biaggi and who walks by...you guessed it. Talk about a surreal movie experience.

The whole SBK paddock is so relaxed and very much like the 80's GP paddocks I loved. Ron Haslam stopped by (also a paddock neighbor) as I had briefly been a mechanic for him in the 80s. Met Peter Goddard too. Mike Watt, who was pictured on here just a few days ago was hanging out, as was Scott Russell. I spent a few minutes with Simon Buckmaster and for good measure (and show the car guys some love) I said hello to Desire Wilson!

OMG I sound like such a fanboy!

What a great weekend. If anyone should be interested in "not quite" nostalgia my pics are here www.photoshelter.com/c/momurrayphoto

Thanks for the indulgence...  ;)

Mo

Edited by MoMurray, 06 June 2009 - 05:24.

Advertisement

#2 picblanc

picblanc

• 12,531 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 10:04

Sounds a great weekend Mo! surreal, the only person I get to meeet is Phil (fil2.8)!!
Superb pics too, great shots of Haga's crash, blimey did he go high or what!! my favourite ones though are the longer shots with the blue sky, cloud formations and mountains...excellent, makes Lydden, Brands etc look really dull. ;) :up: :wave:

#3 fil2.8

fil2.8

• 19,496 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 10:51

Sounds a great weekend Mo! surreal, the only person I get to meeet is Phil (fil2.8)!!
Superb pics too, great shots of Haga's crash, blimey did he go high or what!! my favourite ones though are the longer shots with the blue sky, cloud formations and mountains...excellent, makes Lydden, Brands etc look really dull.;) :up: :wave:

You should feel honoured :rolleyes: not a lot of people want to meet me :eek: :eek: :lol: :lol:  ;) Mr Fu :love:

But yes Mo , as curly has said a magical weekend

#4 TeeZed

TeeZed

• 137 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 11:54

Hi Mo,

Great photos. I also like those long shots with the beautiful backgrounds. :)

Don