Photo

Donington CRMC meeting, 2009

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 picblanc

picblanc

• 12,531 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 20:59

A quick couple of pics from this weekend at Donny, great to spend time with Mick Robinson, Phil whats his name? and to see Roy Flower out for the first time this year, also thanks to Roger Winfield for putting up with me & for his hospitality, & being able to see his 500 Patton up real close. A great weekend but I am smashed & off to bed, more next week.
Posted Image
Photo Copyrighted to Graham Etheridge, racebikepics.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Advertisement

#2 fil2.8

fil2.8

• 19,496 posts

Posted 21 June 2009 - 22:25

[quote name='picblanc' date='Jun 21 2009, 21:59' post='3712000']
A quick couple of pics from this weekend at Donny, great to spend time with Mick Robinson, Phil whats his name? and to see Roy Flower out for the first time this year, also thanks to Roger Winfield for putting up with me & for his hospitality, & being able to see his 500 Patton up real close. A great weekend but I am smashed & off to bed, more next week

Right that lightweight Mr Fu :love: :rolleyes: --well lightweight in name only :lol: has departed to get some beauty sleep which will take some time :o so I will try and fill you in.
Personally , not a good weekend , still got probs with the tz , :mad: , but great to meet up with new and old friends , a special mention to Norman White who I had'nt seen for many a long moon , and was so helpful to us :kiss:
A great weekends racing and of course , social :up: roll on Brands 11/12 July let's hope Mr Fu can last the distance there :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :wave:

#3 picblanc

picblanc

• 12,531 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 20:40

Who is this? (Phil your out of this one!!) a few of you 1970's racers should know him?
Posted Image

#4 picblanc

picblanc

• 12,531 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 21:00

A few more from Donington CRMC this weekend.
Father and Son,
Rob & Stuart Hall
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 picblanc

picblanc

• 12,531 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 21:09

Mr Donkiote, Peter Howarth,
Posted Image
A lovely looking and sounding Ducati riden by a Scandinavian guy (name escapes me!?)
Posted Image
Roy out this weekend courtesy of his Mum apparently!!?
Posted Image

#6 fil2.8

fil2.8

• 19,496 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 21:23

[quote name='picblanc' date='Jun 22 2009, 22:09' post='3713414']
A lovely looking and sounding Ducati riden by a Scandinavian guy (name escapes me!?)
Posted Image

Why does his name escape you Buster ?? :confused: you have the ( unopened ) prog :rolleyes:

#7 fil2.8

fil2.8

• 19,496 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 21:25

Roy out this weekend courtesy of his Mum apparently!!?
Posted Image

Didn't know she was a welder :rolleyes: :rotfl: :lol: :rotfl: .............sorry Roy :blush:

#8 picblanc

picblanc

• 12,531 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 21:37

Thats coz he is not in it!! :p :kiss:

#9 Rob H

Rob H

• 44 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 21:45

A few more from Donington CRMC this weekend.
Father and Son,
Rob & Stuart Hall
Posted Image
Posted Image

Hi Graham, Which corner were the photo,s taken????. I,m guesssing Redgate ?.

And Phil what happened with the 350 this weekend??

Rob

#10 picblanc

picblanc

• 12,531 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 21:46

I like this one for some reason!? Stu Melling goes a long long way round this rider, on his way to his first win of the weekend. (look at the name on the screen!!)
Posted Image

#11 picblanc

picblanc

• 12,531 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 21:55

Hi Graham, Which corner were the photo,s taken????. I,m guesssing Redgate ?.

Rob

Hi Rob :wave: you were taken on Sunday at Redgate on your way to 3rd I think in the Wheatcroft Trophy? (I was sitting in the stand!!!) so not to bad!
Stuart is also at Redgate on the Saturday, but I was a bit closer with that one on the infield.
Hope you enjoyed your weekend
All the best,
Graham.

How long have you got!!!?
Did a piston in practice on Friday, got as far as the holding area on the saturday, something happened to the clutch lever?
And then oil was getting from the gearbox into the pistons I believe? in his 2nd race on Saturday, so did not run it on Sunday, bit disappointing. :well:
You were going real well though. :up:

#12 fil2.8

fil2.8

• 19,496 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 22:03

Rob

Hello Rob :wave: yes , very depressing :o just found out , an hour ago , 3 thou gap on the crank-case joints :o

#13 Rob H

Rob H

• 44 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 22:08

Hi Rob :wave: you were taken on Sunday at Redgate on your way to 3rd I think in the Wheatcroft Trophy? (I was sitting in the stand!!!) so not to bad!
Stuart is also at Redgate on the Saturday, but I was a bit closer with that one on the infield.
Hope you enjoyed your weekend
All the best,
Graham.

How long have you got!!!?
Did a piston in practice on Friday, got as far as the holding area on the saturday, something happened to the clutch lever?
And then oil was getting from the gearbox into the pistons I believe? in his 2nd race on Saturday, so did not run it on Sunday, bit disappointing. :well:
You were going real well though. :up:

Sorry to hear about all the problems with Phil,s 350 . Hopefully they will get it sorted for Brands. Yes I had a good weekend and it was good to see Roy back out as well even if he did beat me a couple of times. Enjoyed the racing although my ride in the wheatcroft race was a bit lonely (struggled to keep the concentration once Lea and Mike had gapped me. I went too slow on the first lap as it would have been good to have been with them if only for a while). but well chuffed to make the podium. Just wished my lad had been up there as well. Maybe next year.
Cheers Rob

#14 fil2.8

fil2.8

• 19,496 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 22:12

Thanks Rob :kiss:

#15 Rob H

Rob H

• 44 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 22:21

Hello Rob :wave: yes , very depressing :o just found out , an hour ago , 3 thou gap on the crank-case joints :o

Hi Phil well at least you have found what is causing your problem so fingers crossed it will be all ok for Brands. We had a silencer collapse on our Stuarts on saterday morning (the perforated steel broke up and blocked the silencer) caused the bike to detonate on that side and ruined a newly plated barrel so we had to borrow one for the rest of the weekend. Just need to get the barrrel replated before Chimay as thats his next outing on the 350. Anyway time I was off to bed.
See you both later,
Rob

#16 royston

royston

• 73 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 22:27

Graham, me mum didn't really help me out for donington it's just that I'm not used to being interviewed on the grid and my sense of humor got the better of me!

By the way, couldn't photoshop make my bike look a bit tidier in that pic :rolleyes:

Phil, weldtec is frank james who also rides with us on a p&m. He sorted out my flattened petrol tank after a brand hatch clearways problem :blush: and wouldn't accept payment hence the stickers.

A great meeting and thoroughly enjoyed it, good to see the 750's at the pointy end. If only we had race tyres Rob!!

Good to see the gruesome twosome graham and phil as well :kiss:

#17 fil2.8

fil2.8

• 19,496 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 22:40

Gruesome twosome , :eek: huh who are you to talk --you fart smeller :mad: :mad: Mr Fu :love: is a onesome :confused: i'm , of course innocent :p :rotfl: :lol:

#18 exclubracer

exclubracer

• 1,720 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 23:49

T- Cut, works wonders, so I hear! :D

#19 picblanc

picblanc

• 12,531 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 07:48

Graham, me mum didn't really help me out for donington it's just that I'm not used to being interviewed on the grid and my sense of humor got the better of me!

By the way, couldn't photoshop make my bike look a bit tidier in that pic :rolleyes:

Phil, weldtec is frank james who also rides with us on a p&m. He sorted out my flattened petrol tank after a brand hatch clearways problem :blush: and wouldn't accept payment hence the stickers.

A great meeting and thoroughly enjoyed it, good to see the 750's at the pointy end. If only we had race tyres Rob!!

And that IS the BEST side of Roy's TZ folks :eek: Roy & Robs bikes are not showroom pieces, they are ridden hard, just how they should be, thats why they are up the pointy end........ great stuff!!

Gruesome twosome!!!! :rotfl: :evil:

Advertisement

#20 LamboNZ

LamboNZ

• 1,390 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 07:54

Who is this? (Phil your out of this one!!) a few of you 1970's racers should know him?
Posted Image

Mick Robinson, not looking too bad still considering he must be in his 80s by now! :p

Edited by LamboNZ, 23 June 2009 - 07:54.

#21 picblanc

picblanc

• 12,531 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 07:57

Mr Gourlay just back after giving the Roger Winfield Patton its first win of the weekend, it was run with open mega's, just like the old days...fantastic!!!!
Posted Image

#22 picblanc

picblanc

• 12,531 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 07:58

Mick Robinson, not looking too bad still considering he must be in his 80s by now! :p

Hi Nigel :wave: correct. :lol:

#23 picblanc

picblanc

• 12,531 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 08:05

Couple of pics of Steve Maney & his really pretty Norton :love:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Anyone know the guy in green leathers? I dont.

#24 fil2.8

fil2.8

• 19,496 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 08:46

Mr Gourlay just back after giving the Roger Winfield Patton its first win of the weekend, it was run with open mega's, just like the old days...fantastic!!!!
Posted Image

Looks like our Mr Gourlay cannot wait to get to the lavvy to me :eek: :eek: :lol: :lol: :rotfl: :rotfl: :blush: :blush:

#25 picblanc

picblanc

• 12,531 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 16:45

Phil's TZ350, hope for better luck at Brands, though the 2/3 laps we saw it going, it was damn quick :(
Posted Image

#26 picblanc

picblanc

• 12,531 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 16:57

The Ollie Linsdell Patton, ridden at Donny by his younger brother David, in the background,
Posted Image

The 250 Exactweld, here forced out wide onto the dirt at Redgate
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Both Photos Copyrighted to Graham Etheridge, racebikepics.

#27 picblanc

picblanc

• 12,531 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 17:53

Last few from Donny last weekend.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
All photos Copyrighted to Graham Etheridge, racebikepics

Edited by picblanc, 26 June 2009 - 17:54.

#28 picblanc

picblanc

• 12,531 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 17:58

I lied!! here are a few more! :D
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#29 exclubracer

exclubracer

• 1,720 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 18:07

Nice pics Graham, I wish my action shots from Spa had come out half as good as these, what's your secret?

Or is it just a combination of Belgian beer and a pocket Canon for me? :confused: :rolleyes:

#30 picblanc

picblanc

• 12,531 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 18:37

Nice pics Graham, I wish my action shots from Spa had come out half as good as these, what's your secret?

Or is it just a combination of Belgian beer and a pocket Canon for me? :confused: :rolleyes:

Thanks Mick, your static paddock shots are fantastic, but if you have a compact camera? they have what is called shutter lag,(you form your shot, but it takes a few seconds for camera to actually take photo?) mine is a DSLR (Digital Single lens reflex camera, no shutter lag, ) you really need one for "fast action" shots.
Copious amounts of Leffe & or Duvel probably does not help though!! :D
Graham.
:wave:

#31 exclubracer

exclubracer

• 1,720 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 18:47

Thanks Mick, your static paddock shots are fantastic, but if you have a compact camera? they have what is called shutter lag,(you form your shot, but it takes a few seconds for camera to actually take photo?) mine is a DSLR (Digital Single lens reflex camera, no shutter lag, ) you really need one for "fast action" shots.
Copious amounts of Leffe & or Duvel probably does not help though!! :D
Graham.
:wave:

Yes Graham, and the Kwak, Chimay, Hooegarden, etc, the list goes on... :rolleyes:
Thanks for the tech info re cameras, I'm a total nerd with that stuff but I'll look at digging into Mme ECR's housekeping stash to buy something better.

#32 Mick Robinson

Mick Robinson

• 271 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 10:27

Nigel, you're a cheeky sod, i'm only 46!!

Edited by Mick Robinson, 28 June 2009 - 10:30.

#33 picblanc

picblanc

• 12,531 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 12:22

Nigel, you're a cheeky sod, i'm only 46!!

Your Web link is not right (again!) Mick? :well:

That photo has been photo shopped Nige!! :p

#34 fil2.8

fil2.8

• 19,496 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 12:57

Phil's TZ350, hope for better luck at Brands, though the 2/3 laps we saw it going, it was damn quick :(
Posted Image

Afternoon Mr Fu :love: :wave: with a bit of luck it'll be a bit to quick for your lens :rolleyes: --eventually :eek: :eek: ( wishful thinking :blush: )

#35 picblanc

picblanc

• 12,531 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 14:18

Afternoon Mr Fu :love: :wave: with a bit of luck it'll be a bit to quick for your lens :rolleyes: --eventually :eek: :eek: ( wishful thinking :blush: )

Have faith my man, have faith!! :kiss:

#36 fil2.8

fil2.8

• 19,496 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 14:23

Have faith my man, have faith!! :kiss:

Have the faith Buster , just hope the cash lasts as long :o :o :lol: :rotfl: :lol: