Photo

Goodwood Festival 2009

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Macca

Macca

• 3,728 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 18:36

Here are some of my photos from saturday at Goodwood, featuring riders and bikes old and new - no doubt you will all find it easy to ID them.....

A full set of 500cc in-line Yamahas from 1973 to 1981, including the never-raced 3-cylinder:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Some RGs:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

A bloke with the best sideburns around, and a bloke who used to have a beard:
Posted Image

Couple of newer things:
Posted ImagePosted Image

A much older one:
Posted Image

And some paddock shots:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I'll post some more if anyone's interested.

Paul M

Oh and this bloke was there to mark the 40th anniversary of something or other:
Posted Image

Advertisement

#2 fil2.8

fil2.8

• 19,496 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 19:04

Nice pics Paul , and yes , more please :clap: :clap:

#3 Macca

Macca

• 3,728 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 19:27

Only if you ID everybody first............... :lol:

Paul M

#4 philippe7

philippe7

• 2,849 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 21:06

Only if you ID everybody first............... :lol:

Paul M

OK then, I'll start !

The only one I'm fairly sure about is Charlie Williams on the #16 Yamaha. And of course Luton boy on the....is that a Gilera ?
Maybe Charlie Mortimer on the #14 Yamaha
The helmet design of the man riding the #5 Suzuki and the #21 Honda vaguely reminds me of Bernard Murray but I don't think that's him ? On the other hand I just LOVE his set of Segura leathers...they look brand new, but have a lovely "period" style, slim and tight fitting, without all the bumps and other paddings that make the current leathers look like a hybrid of cosmonaut suits and manga-style medieval armours ( but all in the interest of safety, I understand, so not much to argue about )

I'm afraid I don't recognize anybody in the portraits gallery :(

#5 fil2.8

fil2.8

• 19,496 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 21:35

Stan Woods on the 1st RG ,
The 2 riders together Guy Martin & yep , i'll say Bernie Murray also :up:

#6 Ivan Astikoff

Ivan Astikoff

• 40 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 22:00

OK then, I'll start !

The only one I'm fairly sure about is Charlie Williams on the #16 Yamaha. And of course Luton boy on the....is that a Gilera ?
Maybe Charlie Mortimer on the #14 Yamaha
The helmet design of the man riding the #5 Suzuki and the #21 Honda vaguely reminds me of Bernard Murray but I don't think that's him ? On the other hand I just LOVE his set of Segura leathers...they look brand new, but have a lovely "period" style, slim and tight fitting, without all the bumps and other paddings that make the current leathers look like a hybrid of cosmonaut suits and manga-style medieval armours ( but all in the interest of safety, I understand, so not much to argue about )

I'm afraid I don't recognize anybody in the portraits gallery :(

Troy Corser on the BMW, looks like Trevor Nation on the Norton and Guy Martin (Hydrex Honda). As for the paddock shots, is that Steve Bateman in the Phase One leathers? Elsewhere there's Leon Haslam, Makoto Tamada and Cal Crutchlow with Guy Martin sitting on the floor...

#7 mfd

mfd

• 2,987 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 22:43

A full set of 500cc in-line Yamahas from 1973 to 1981, including the never-raced 3-cylinder:

Sorry Macca! Which one is a triple then?

#8 Steve Bateman

Steve Bateman

• 328 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:55

Troy Corser on the BMW, looks like Trevor Nation on the Norton and Guy Martin (Hydrex Honda). As for the paddock shots, is that Steve Bateman in the Phase One leathers? Elsewhere there's Leon Haslam, Makoto Tamada and Cal Crutchlow with Guy Martin sitting on the floor...

Ha ! Afraid its not me in the Phase One leathers :( thats Steve manley with silly goatee, still have my identical leathers hanging in the workshop - and they still fit :eek:

#9 LamboNZ

LamboNZ

• 1,390 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 08:24

Looks like Darren Dixon? riding the two Roberts & Sheene replicas.
Paddock shots, 3rd pic Scott Redding and Danny Webb, 4th pic Sean Emmet in grey t-shirt.

#10 Macca

Macca

• 3,728 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 11:22

Yep, that's all the famous riders (don't know who was on the ex-Schwantz Suzuki 'Black Bike"); Lutonboy is indeed on a Gilera (as was Sammy Miller) and the 3-cylinder Yam is #4, with only one low-level exhaust each side.

Better find some more then..........

Paul M

#11 TZ350

TZ350

• 789 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 14:18

PAul is it ok for me to repost these pics in full size so that we can see them without having to go to photobuckets page?

#12 Macca

Macca

• 3,728 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 20:32

PAul is it ok for me to repost these pics in full size so that we can see them without having to go to photobuckets page?

Certainly - I posted them as thumbnails for people who don't necessarily want to see every one, and might have a slow connection or be on dial-up.

Here are a couple more:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Paul M

#13 TZ350

TZ350

• 789 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 23:53

Certainly - I posted them as thumbnails for people who don't necessarily want to see every one, and might have a slow connection or be on dial-up.
Paul M

:blush: :blush: oops sorry mate I just thought you had posted thumbnails by mistake.

#14 Steve Bateman

Steve Bateman

• 328 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 07:46

Here are a couple more:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Paul M

Looks like the Phase One World Championship winning Suzuki(not sure who is on it) and Leon Haslam on the RS500

#15 Macca

Macca

• 3,728 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 19:35

Yes, I believe it's Terry Rymer on the Suzuki, and correct for Leon on the RS. There were lots of Phase 1 and Howard Lees Racing bikes there.

Here are some more assorted runners and riders:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Paul M

#16 Herr Wankel

Herr Wankel

• 941 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 19:43

Posted Image
Macca,that looks like a proper 16" wheel Rennsport BMW.One of the finest sounding motors ever (IMHO)Any more info on it?
HW

#17 SeaDoubleYou

SeaDoubleYou

• 110 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 19:46

Posted Image
Macca,that looks like a proper 16" wheel Rennsport BMW.One of the finest sounding motors ever (IMHO)Any more info on it?
HW

Colin Seeley driving it if I'm not mistaken...

#18 Macca

Macca

• 3,728 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 18:22

Correct..............also Tommy Robb on the little Yam and Svend Andersson on the 250, and Jeremy McWilliams on the YZR.

Paul M

#19 LamboNZ

LamboNZ

• 1,390 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:14

Correct..............also Tommy Robb on the little Yam and Svend Andersson on the 250, and Jeremy McWilliams on the YZR.

Paul M

Hi Paul :wave: , are you sure that its McWilliams on the Millar YZR, it looks like Cal Crutchlow (leathers and helmet)?

Posted Image

Nigel

Edited by LamboNZ, 21 July 2009 - 08:18.

Advertisement

#20 Macca

Macca

• 3,728 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 09:44

Ah yes, you're right.............I didn't have a programme, but it wouldn't have helped a lot if I had because many of the riders in the list didn't appear and other frequently swapped bikes. Jeremy was supposed to be there, but I didn't see him in the paddock; likewise Mat Oxley, who was probably off plugging his new book, 'Stealing Speed'. However, Stephan Mertens apparently did turn up unheralded....

Nor did it help that the bike commentator was Barry Nutley, who seemingly didn't have a programme either, hardly ever looked out of the window or at the monitor, and didn't recognise any riders when he did look.................

End of excuses.

Pity they didn't let anyone ride this one - I'd have volunteered if they were stuck for a rider:

Posted Image

Paul M