Photo

F3

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 santori

santori

• 4,108 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 13:24

F3 Euro Series, in particular. I can't watch it but from the results it seems that Jules Bianchi is starting to dominate the championship, with only Christian Vietoris and Jean-Karl Vernay looking like title rivals. Is that what it looks like on track? And what about Stefano Coletti, whose championship position doesn't seem to reflect his speed, or Roberto Merhi or Sam Bird? Is Valtteri Bottas starting to look like the Bianchi to Bianchi's Hulkenberg? And what has happened to Mika Maki?

Advertisement

#2 santori

santori

• 4,108 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 13:25

And what about Daniel Ricciardo and other drivers in other F3 series?

#3 TinyJim

TinyJim

• 184 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 13:29

Loved Bianchi ever since he was in Formula A. THis driving style is just fantastic.

#4 santori

santori

• 4,108 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 10:56

F3 Euro Series, in particular. I can't watch it but from the results it seems that Jules Bianchi is starting to dominate the championship, with only Christian Vietoris and Jean-Karl Vernay looking like title rivals. Is that what it looks like on track?

He's just won his sixth race of the season (Hulkenberg won seven last year) so I'm guessing yes, except that no-one's really looking like a title rival anymore.
And from the results Bottas does seem to be looking like Bianchi's successor but a few more races like today's and their team-mate Esteban Gutiérrez could be, too. Adrien Tambay is still injured?

Edited by santori, 15 August 2009 - 11:01.

#5 jeze

jeze

• 2,973 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 11:27

Bianchi is a new superstar. IMO he looks just like what Lewis did at the same age four years ago, and it's not impossible to think that he can follow his footsteps in GP2 next season. He has good support from Nicolas Todt, so it's possible that he could be the successor to one of the Ferrari drivers in three years time. Until then, he'll have to continue this form from this year, clinch his first major championship and start preparing for GP2. No, Ricciardo is not even close. I regard the British series as a "B" championship, just look at how bad Carlin does in the Euroseries. That's the place to be, and those people Red Bull wants a solid reputation for, they put in Britain. Alguersuari wouldn't have had a clue against Hülkenberg last season. For evidence, look at the moaning from the British teams make every year after the Masters :p

#6 ApexTomi

ApexTomi

• 115 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 21:42

Alberto Valerio on Twitter: "Hi guys there will be a brazilian international champioship of F3. Will be like a Macau race this month in Interlagos ..."

http://www.f3brazilopen.com/?p=111

I heard about it some time ago but didn't take it seriously but now :up:

#7 Rob

Rob

• 9,223 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 22:29

Watch for Wayne Boyd in the British Championship. He's got his learning year behind him now and I expect him to be fairly quick.

#8 jeze

jeze

• 2,973 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 23:03

Watch for Wayne Boyd in the British Championship. He's got his learning year behind him now and I expect him to be fairly quick.

I don't think he'll be any special there. To be honest, Formula Ford hasn't got a strong track record over the last few years. The odd win, yes, the championship? I don't think so.

#9 Rob

Rob

• 9,223 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 23:44

I don't think he'll be any special there. To be honest, Formula Ford hasn't got a strong track record over the last few years. The odd win, yes, the championship? I don't think so.

He's probably the best talent to come out of Formula Ford for many years. I have faith.