36 replies to this topic

#1 Mika Mika

Mika Mika

• 6,752 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 12:44

http://www.pitpass.c...es_art_id=38543

This was very intresting...
"Renault's Costs were the highest-ever filed in accounts by any F1 team"

Will renault be the next casualty of war?????

Advertisement

#2 primer

primer

• 6,664 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 12:46

Max has certainly let them know they are not wanted in F1. :well:

#3 Gilles12

Gilles12

• 863 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 12:47

Kitchen too hot?

Move to the living room and pick up your pipe and slippers

Plenty of people queing up to get in

#4 Clatter

Clatter

• 44,747 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 12:48

I'm surprised they didnt pull out with Honda. I fully expect this to be their last season for a while.

#5 JensonF1

JensonF1

• 586 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 12:48

I was under the impression Renault were a thrifty team as well.

Now it seems Renault increased investment in an all out effort to get them back to the top. You wonder how much Alonso cost to get him back into the team. And it's all been for nothing.

They've failed and Alonso is off to Ferarri.

I think there is an 80% chance Renault will be off the grid next year.

#6 FI-Addict

FI-Addict

• 167 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 13:07

If, as I suspect, Renault leave F1 at the end of the year, any chance Dave Richards/Prodrive buy their Enstone factory and enter F1 next year?

#7 wingwalker

wingwalker

• 7,238 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 13:16

I'd say 'no' just because rumours about them dropping F1 circulate so regularly it's a given that anytime something major happens instantly speculation begins: 'will Renault quit F1" "are Renault next" etc. But they're still going.

However, no one needs to point the lack of logic behind this reasoning, this is based on wishfulthinking. It's not looking that good for them. Still, I'd put my money on Toyota quitting first: they pretty openly said they will quit unless 2009 is a major break-through. And it seemed like it is for a short while, but now they're falling into their usual 'where all the money goes' ground. I don't think their achievements in 2009 won't convince the board to continue the F1 spendings, especially in current climate.

Edited by wingwalker, 29 July 2009 - 13:17.

#8 scheivlak

scheivlak

• 16,489 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 13:27

http://www.pitpass.c...es_art_id=38543

This was very intresting...
"Renault's Costs were the highest-ever filed in accounts by any F1 team"

I wonder if that budget was the highest ever. Thought I've seen higher figures from some other teams in other years.

#9 DOF_power

DOF_power

• 1,538 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 13:29

Amazing that some still believe IRL to be a model.

#10 engel

engel

• 5,037 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 13:34

how much of that figure was spent in buying Alonso out of McLaren and paying his salary ? Tack in 15m for Kers ....

#11 wewantourdarbyback

wewantourdarbyback

• 6,360 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 13:35

buying Alonso out of McLaren

?? I thought Fred and Mac came to an agreement to part well before he rejoined Renault.

#12 Clatter

Clatter

• 44,747 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 13:48

how much of that figure was spent in buying Alonso out of McLaren and paying his salary ? Tack in 15m for Kers ....

They didnt buy Alonso out of Mac.

#13 Mika Mika

Mika Mika

• 6,752 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 13:56

Well now at least we can Ignore Flav when he moans on about spending less monay than anyone!!!

#14 Calorus

Calorus

• 4,062 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 14:02

Hang on £158 MILLION? That's less than half the operating cost of Ferrari at the tail end of the big Marlboro days.

And more importantly what do they mean £10.3 million loss? Unless they make back the other £147.5M, in which case F1 cost barely anything!

#15 brabhamBT19

brabhamBT19

• 1,399 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 14:10

no its toyota

#16 JensonF1

JensonF1

• 586 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 14:20

I don't understand what all the fuss is if Renault can compete in F1 for a £10.3 million loss. The marketing benefit outweighs that - massivly. £158 million is another matter though. Strange figures.

Anyway... yeah it's Toyota next. John Howett is in Japan with a Concorde agreement in his hand begging the board to sign it and commit to F1 for the next 3 years. I bet you my bottom dollar they won't.

#17 Red_Bull_Fan

Red_Bull_Fan

• 10 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 15:35

I could see them being bought out but keeping renault engines

#18 Noggin

Noggin

• 16 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 15:44

I don't understand what all the fuss is if Renault can compete in F1 for a £10.3 million loss. The marketing benefit outweighs that - massivly. £158 million is another matter though. Strange figures.

Anyway... yeah it's Toyota next. John Howett is in Japan with a Concorde agreement in his hand begging the board to sign it and commit to F1 for the next 3 years. I bet you my bottom dollar they won't.

Renault are about to lose their £40 million a year sponcership deal which was arranged while they were a championship winning team with alonso. They are certainly not the former these days and are likely to lose alonso and the economic climate is bad, no chance of getting anything like that money for next year.

#19 Demo.

Demo.

• 1,205 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 15:50

Jenson that the whole point THEY CANNOT AFFORD TO!!!
thats why they got so much money in goverment handouts.
Its easy to say we need the money to keep people working in our factories but dont forget its not the F1 teams who own the shares in Renault its bussinesses and private individuals who expect a return on their money.
Do you realy think thsoe people are going to be so willing to waste £10.3M when they know that would come off the losses the comapny made this year and therefore give them slightly more when the dividends are paid out?

Advertisement

#20 Calorus

Calorus

• 4,062 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 15:54

Renault are about to lose their £40 million a year sponcership deal which was arranged while they were a championship winning team with alonso. They are certainly not the former these days and are likely to lose alonso and the economic climate is bad, no chance of getting anything like that money for next year.

But since the budget cap should knock more than that off of the operating costs, the figures shouldn't change.

Edited by Calorus, 29 July 2009 - 15:55.

#21 Alonzo

Alonzo

• 658 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 18:23

Not only Renault but Toyota as well.

#22 Cxxx

Cxxx

• 53 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 21:49

Renault also made a number of redundancies in their F1 team at Christmas, so I think the staff figures in that article may be out of date....

Edited by Cxxx, 29 July 2009 - 21:49.

#23 corskey

corskey

• 10 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 22:06

I hope that this doesn't influence their commitment to Renault World Series.

#24 EvilPhil II

EvilPhil II

• 1,891 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 22:18

I hope that this doesn't influence their commitment to Renault World Series.

I can confirm that Renault are not in F1 next year.

#25 Jason Burton

Jason Burton

• 70 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 01:44

I can confirm that Renault are not in F1 next year.

No you can't. :wave:

#26 Melbourne Park

Melbourne Park

• 22,919 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 03:14

Flavio often said they used over 1,000 people for their F1 operation.

They are a thrifty operation, compared to McLaren and Ferrari. Toyota are a big spender, but they have reduced costs steadily over their years in F1.

The fact that RBR talked to Mercedes earlier in the year about 2010 engines might be a sign that Renault were not certain about continuing on. Which makes it so strange that Flavio was so vehemently against the FIA's cost Cap proposal.

I agree about ING - they are a huge loss. But FA is expensive to keep, surely?

Hopefully they'll hang in there ...

#27 Direct Drive

Direct Drive

• 408 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 04:03

Both Renault and Toyota. Be nice if they'd at least keep the engine technology available.
Adios F1, welcome back to the age of DFV garagistas!

#28 V8 Fireworks

V8 Fireworks

• 10,824 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 04:08

$65m p/a from ING? Seems a bit much.

The accountants may say it's realistic, but easy to exaggerate losses from F1 surely?

Budget seems over inflated in the article. :)

#29 Demo.

Demo.

• 1,205 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 05:10

Which makes it so strange that Flavio was so vehemently against the FIA's cost Cap proposal.

why is it a surprise perhaps it was flav the chavs ideal all along get Renault out and buy the team for £1
anyone want to bet if that happens that suddenly Flav is all out in favour of a cap?

#30 ogo

ogo

• 2 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 09:24

Renault Group has reported a massive loss of 2.71 billion euros in the first half of the year, while sales fell 24% to less than 16 billion, but the company remains optimistic and remain targets for the financial year. Renault Group says first quarter was weaker than the second and there are signs that the market will recover at least partially towards the end of the year.

Renault Group has reported in the first six months net loss of 2.71 billion euros, after the first part of 2008 had profits of 1.58 billion euros. Sales also fell by 24%, to 15.99 billion euros.

Renault says that the first quarter was quite different from the second and there is hope that things are getting better. Thus, in the first three months sales have decreased by 31% and following 17%, so that there is a possibility that at least some segments of the market to recover until the end of the year.

In any case, losses in the first half is due not only mother but also of those associated, such as Nissan, which lost 1.22 billion euros.
Renault Group and the revised forecasts on the evolution of the global auto market in 2009 to over 57 million units, which represents a decline of 12% compared to 2008. Previously, Renault Group anticipate a decline of 15%. If the European market after a decline of 13.7% in the first half, the situation would improve in the second semester, because the whole of 2009 to register a kick of -8%.

The group reconfirmed its objectives announced in early 2009 for a gross margin of self and a positive market share growth.

source: http://economie.hotn...ul-semestru.htm

Is into Romanian, but i translate it. Renault is the major shareholder to DACIA (biggest Romanian car manufacturer, maybe you hear about DACIA LOGAN) and everyone here stay tuned to Renault financial performances.

#31 katmen

katmen

• 823 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 09:36

i think very probable
to ogo: yes i know dacia good cheap working car for bad eastern European routes

#32 ForMules

ForMules

• 365 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 09:49

ohhh a anti renault topic, why i'm nat that wondered?

lol

Renault prevailed where mac laren, toyota, honda, bmw , failed, they won both champs in the last 10 years!

nice to get the renault turnove results, but where are the others elses? worst!

#33 scheivlak

scheivlak

• 16,489 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 09:56

Renault Group has reported a massive loss of 2.71 billion euros in the first half of the year, while sales fell 24% to less than 16 billion, but the company remains optimistic and remain targets for the financial year. Renault Group says first quarter was weaker than the second and there are signs that the market will recover at least partially towards the end of the year.

Renault Group has reported in the first six months net loss of 2.71 billion euros, after the first part of 2008 had profits of 1.58 billion euros. Sales also fell by 24%, to 15.99 billion euros.

Renault says that the first quarter was quite different from the second and there is hope that things are getting better. Thus, in the first three months sales have decreased by 31% and following 17%, so that there is a possibility that at least some segments of the market to recover until the end of the year.

In any case, losses in the first half is due not only mother but also of those associated, such as Nissan, which lost 1.22 billion euros.
Renault Group and the revised forecasts on the evolution of the global auto market in 2009 to over 57 million units, which represents a decline of 12% compared to 2008. Previously, Renault Group anticipate a decline of 15%. If the European market after a decline of 13.7% in the first half, the situation would improve in the second semester, because the whole of 2009 to register a kick of -8%.

The group reconfirmed its objectives announced in early 2009 for a gross margin of self and a positive market share growth.

source: http://economie.hotn...ul-semestru.htm

Is into Romanian, but i translate it. Renault is the major shareholder to DACIA (biggest Romanian car manufacturer, maybe you hear about DACIA LOGAN) and everyone here stay tuned to Renault financial performances.

Here's something in English: http://www.france24....s-auto-industry

#34 skinnylizard

skinnylizard

• 9,641 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:40

is this is including the money they get from F1 management????

#35 rolf123

rolf123

• 2,417 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:35

Incredible! Looks like Alonso wants out!

http://www.guardian....request-renault

#36 HP

HP

• 19,646 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:53

Incredible! Looks like Alonso wants out!

http://www.guardian....request-renault

:yawnface: Xabi Alonso and football

Edited by HP, 30 July 2009 - 12:53.

#37 Rubens Hakkamacher

Rubens Hakkamacher

• 1,567 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 14:35

It doesn't matter if they're next, or Toyota.

The big problem is that *at some point they'll be gone*.

No cost cap = Ferrari is the last man standing.