MY FRUSTRATION WITH F1

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 PELICANS07

PELICANS07

• 1 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 15:53

Hi all.

I am writing this post to express my frustration with the current state of the greatest motor sport category on this planet.

As someone who has been followed the sport religiously for the past thirteen years. i am starting to lose my love for it. :( :( :(

The changers that have been made, and the continuous fighting is starting to do my head in. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I would really love it if the teams would concentrate on the racing, the FIA concentrate on policing of the rules and for Bernie to look out for whats best for the sport. Am i asking for to much ?????? As far as i am concerned and this is not a bashing of the FIA/Bernie post but they should be seen doing there job and not heard. hopefully that makes sense. I don't know about you but i follow F1 because of the cars,drivers,teams and the (lack of) racing.

I know that the amount of money the teams are spending is a hot topic ATM but making the paying public wait 1/3 of a free practice session for some action is unexceptionable. :mad: :mad: :mad:
The reason why i fell in love with the sport in the first place was because as a young boy attending my first GP and my first motor sport event i was amazed at the sights and sounds of the cars. Thirteen years later I still get goose bumps when i hear the cars leaving pit lane for the first time on the Friday of the Melbourne GP.

Until the teams/FOTA, FIA and Bernie think that they are bigger then the sport. I believe the fans will have to suffer for many more years to come.

Advertisement

#2 Alfisti

Alfisti

• 39,770 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 15:55

What are you gibbering about? It's been the same for at least 25 years. Harden the **** up.

#3 Calorus

Calorus

• 4,062 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 15:56

Welcome to the club. Some of us go through this every year.

#4 Max!

Max!

• 512 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 16:01

Hi all.

I am writing this post to express my frustration with the current state of the greatest motor sport category on this planet.

As someone who has been followed the sport religiously for the past thirteen years. i am starting to lose my love for it. :( :( :(

The changers that have been made, and the continuous fighting is starting to do my head in. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I would really love it if the teams would concentrate on the racing, the FIA concentrate on policing of the rules and for Bernie to look out for whats best for the sport. Am i asking for to much ?????? As far as i am concerned and this is not a bashing of the FIA/Bernie post but they should be seen doing there job and not heard. hopefully that makes sense. I don't know about you but i follow F1 because of the cars,drivers,teams and the (lack of) racing.

I know that the amount of money the teams are spending is a hot topic ATM but making the paying public wait 1/3 of a free practice session for some action is unexceptionable. :mad: :mad: :mad:
The reason why i fell in love with the sport in the first place was because as a young boy attending my first GP and my first motor sport event i was amazed at the sights and sounds of the cars. Thirteen years later I still get goose bumps when i hear the cars leaving pit lane for the first time on the Friday of the Melbourne GP.

Until the teams/FOTA, FIA and Bernie think that they are bigger then the sport. I believe the fans will have to suffer for many more years to come.

There really is nothing new to it. Free practice is hardly attended anyway so waiting 20 minutes shouldn't worry you. We used to have live aired qualifying sessions without any action for half an hour. The current format is an improvement so no reason to get frustrated.

If you don't like the politics you can just ignore them. Don't read about it, just watch the races. Accept from Indianopolis the spectator is not bothered by any of this.

#5 OnyxF1

OnyxF1

• 547 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 16:04

I would really love it if the teams would concentrate on the racing, the FIA concentrate on policing of the rules and for Bernie to look out for whats best for the sport. Am i asking for to much ??????

Yes.

#6 Demo.

Demo.

• 1,205 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 16:11

There really is nothing new to it. Free practice is hardly attended anyway so waiting 20 minutes shouldn't worry you. We used to have live aired qualifying sessions without any action for half an hour. The current format is an improvement so no reason to get frustrated.

If you don't like the politics you can just ignore them. Don't read about it, just watch the races. Accept from Indianopolis the spectator is not bothered by any of this.

Perhaps you are right and also perhaps the fault is with everyone in F1.
As many have said this year they all love to wash their dirty smalls in public why?
After all long term it hurts everyone who does such things the sponsors look and say why get involved with such things when they are constantly shown in a bad light, the supporters all slowly get turned off by it all even the teams/ FIA must get jaded by all this public slanging but they carry on perhaps thinking any column inch is a good column inch.

I have to admit it was far nicer when i just rocked up on a Thursday evening to silverstone and had a great time and left very late Sunday evening. Other than that i watched the racing on TV and just enjoyed.
But hay as we all have done (who follow F1) we want to keep up with what is going on in F1 be the first to know who is doing what and then we find this all the politics and infighting and it spills on down through the teams and everyone to us the fans and lets not forget no matter what anyone says it is us the fans more than anything else that keeps the show on the road. No fans no need for F1.
Its time all in F1 started to remember that.
But then F1 has always been full of bloated egos and always has had the loyal fans oh well perhaps time for a beer a chill pill and look forward to what we all want the next race along with hoping against all the odds that we may finally get our Nirvana that of a race where we all just say omg what a great race shame so and so was placed x,y,z but then would we all get bored?

Edited by Demo., 29 July 2009 - 16:13.

#7 Jedi_F1

Jedi_F1

• 747 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 16:13

I understand your feelings and thoughts,
because I live emotionally with the sport,
and when things like the FOTA vs FIA war, Massa's injuries, BMW Sauber F1 quitting, .... and all the rest happens,
stupidly enough things like that plays in my head all the time... sometimes for days..
like with the Honda team's future is was for weeks/months.

althow I have nothing to gain if things are going good or bad... it's just like it's a part of me.

But I don't lose the love of the sport,
on the contrary .. it has become stronger,
And when bad things happen or things change in a way you don't like,
you must show your oppinion, tell your thoughts,
not only on forums,
but react to the official involved parties (Teams, drivers, FIA, FOTA,...)
I don't say it helps really,
but it does more then just telling your frustrations on forums.

#8 Snap Matt

Snap Matt

• 1,157 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 16:17

At least the politics give us something to keep reading and talking about in the gaps between races.