Photo

'Motor Sport' magazine

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4174 replies to this topic

#3301 Brynmor

Brynmor

• 101 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 21:02

I think the best bet may be for those of us who 'get it late' to avoid this thread for the first 10 days of the month so as not to spoil the surprise. The reason I am so fed up at it arriving after it hits the shelves is that I genuinely look forward to my monthly fix (sad perhaps) however the fact that for the last few months i've walked past it whilst on the weekly shop takes the edge off it somewhat. Hope that's OK by everyone, i'm not in the habit of complaining for the sake of it however it's starting to lose the shine a little..

Best wishes
Bryn

Edited by Brynmor, 04 February 2010 - 21:03.

Advertisement

#3302 kayemod

kayemod

• 7,196 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 21:52

Sorry, Rob

The old speed reading's not what it used to was

Forgiven.

#3303 RA Historian

RA Historian

• 3,422 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 22:23

I haven't got to the adverts yet but I assume they'll feature the usual "genuine fakes". Given WB's and DSJ's passion for accuracy I'm surprised the magazine don't censor the worst offenders . I know it's advertising revenue not the readership's interests that governs, but I think that a magazine with Motor Sport's reputation for integrity might feel a tad guilty if someone bought a car based on an inaccurate or misleading description on their pages

While it would be nice for mags to screen their ads, I really don't think that they have the time, manpower, and expertise to do so. They would have to employ one or two bonafide experts full time to check out all the cars advertised, and then some would slip through. Further, while I do think that a magazine should be responsible and only present the truth in their editiorial copy, I do not think that they should be held resposible for the veracity of their advertisers. Hence, a majority of the mags that we read all contain disclaimers in the ad section essentially saying 'caveat emptor'.
Tom

Edited by RA Historian, 04 February 2010 - 22:24.

#3304 charles r

charles r

• 5,591 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 16:12

The Lunch with Robin Herd article is very good, a unique and talented man. RH seems very sure that Rodriguez was using a 3.3 litre engine to win Spa, which surprised (and disappointed me). Is this view taken as read generally? No doubt I will be directed to the appropriate thread...

Edited by charles r, 05 February 2010 - 16:12.

#3305 ensign14

ensign14

• 37,326 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 16:43

I suppose BRM were also using a 3.3 on the other flat-out circuit of Monza the next year?

#3306 RA Historian

RA Historian

• 3,422 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 19:36

The Lunch with Robin Herd article is very good, a unique and talented man. RH seems very sure that Rodriguez was using a 3.3 litre engine to win Spa, which surprised (and disappointed me). Is this view taken as read generally? No doubt I will be directed to the appropriate thread...

When you are beaten, it is always because the other guy was cheating...
Tom

#3307 bigears

bigears

• 872 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 20:14

I am rather pleased to see my Superprix book being mentioned in the book review in the latest MotorSport magazine.

It is a good read with stories of the Lotus and March marques.

#3308 Phil Rainford

Phil Rainford

• 5,289 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 20:19

Mine dropped onto the mat this morning
Haven't had time to open it yet

I for some reason have fallen two copies behind.

However apart from the news items which most people probably pick up from the Web on a day to day basis .........you can read Motor Sport when you like and not feel you have missed out :)

PAR

#3309 Giraffe

Giraffe

• 7,011 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 21:45

.........you can read Motor Sport when you like and not feel you have missed out :)

PAR

Even many years later, Phil; I found myself avidly reading one 11 years old this week! :cat:

#3310 John Ginger

John Ginger

• 148 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 08:34

I for some reason have fallen two copies behind.

However apart from the news items which most people probably pick up from the Web on a day to day basis .........you can read Motor Sport when you like and not feel you have missed out :)

PAR

I am also just about to start January issue, seem to have got in the habit of saving them up, could this be an age thing :)

#3311 kayemod

kayemod

• 7,196 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 09:45

I am also just about to start January issue, seem to have got in the habit of saving them up, could this be an age thing :)

Possibly, but I find that the amount or reading I have to do seems to increase all the time, or maybe my reading is slower, never Motor Sport, but occasionally I throw magazines out unread. Also, unlike Giraffe, I'm never going to read an 11 year old copy, as I get rid of all my old ones once I think I've read everything in them, but they don't all go in the bin. My wife takes a few of them into the hospital where she works, and leaves them in the waiting room. Sadly though, almost all the patients she sees have dementia, so they wouldn't know whether they were reading an 11 year old copy or a new one.

#3312 Giraffe

Giraffe

• 7,011 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 10:19

so they wouldn't know whether they were reading an 11 year old copy or a new one.

Frankly, there's not much that would give you a clue. When you start going back twenty and more years, then you really notice the changes. I only keep significant editions, landmarks & championships etc. Otherwise I'd wind up with a house like RTH recently pictured on another thread. :drunk:

Edited by Giraffe, 06 February 2010 - 10:20.

#3313 Jack-the-Lad

Jack-the-Lad

• 1,397 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 21:05

I think the best bet may be for those of us who 'get it late' to avoid this thread for the first 10 days of the month so as not to spoil the surprise. The reason I am so fed up at it arriving after it hits the shelves is that I genuinely look forward to my monthly fix (sad perhaps) however the fact that for the last few months i've walked past it whilst on the weekly shop takes the edge off it somewhat. Hope that's OK by everyone, i'm not in the habit of complaining for the sake of it however it's starting to lose the shine a little..

Best wishes
Bryn

Hell, I haven't even received February's issue yet.

Jack.

#3314 sterling49

sterling49

• 10,816 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 21:12

Frankly, there's not much that would give you a clue. When you start going back twenty and more years, then you really notice the changes. I only keep significant editions, landmarks & championships etc. Otherwise I'd wind up with a house like RTH recently pictured on another thread. :drunk:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :rotfl: :wave: Richard has a complete rainforest at his place, must have cost trillions!!

#3315 Giraffe

Giraffe

• 7,011 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 22:24

Part of Richard's "rainforest" as previously posted by the collector..... :eek:

Posted Image
By giraffe138, shot with DiMAGE F100 at 2010-02-07

Posted Image
By giraffe138, shot with DiMAGE F100 at 2010-02-07

#3316 josefk

josefk

• 31 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 19:23

Does anyone know what the deal is with the 24month subscription on the magazine website. The Subs page says if you choose a 24month subscription you can choose a free decade archive CD "from the list below". The "list below" contains the new 1990's DVD but if you choose that one as your free one the checkout includes it at full price and asks you to pick a free one from 1920-1980's. Bit off that you are apparently allowed to choose the 1990 as your free one on one page but have to pay for it at checkout.

Is this a website mistake or is the new 1990 excluded I wonder. Yes I know I can call and ask them but posting here in case anyone gets caught out

#3317 Jack-the-Lad

Jack-the-Lad

• 1,397 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 21:28

Did any US subscribers receive the Ustinov Grand Prix of Gibraltar CD as promised?

Jack.

#3318 Doug Nye

Doug Nye

• 8,346 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 23:16

I must say I also find such casually thrown-away gossip pretty damned shabby. Not impressed. I expected better of Herd, to be honest.

DCN

Edited by Doug Nye, 11 February 2010 - 23:18.

#3319 isynge

isynge

• 76 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 23:48

Shabby or otherwise Herd's assertion, which is pretty forcefully made, is interesting, and as Charles R says, it'd be interesting to see where such claims came from, and in what way they could be shown to be true or false.

Is it really now "generally accepted" that the BRM had an illegal engine, and that there were sufficient grounds for question at the time? I ask this not out of casting aspersions, but more in trying to understand how perception and misperception work, and how what is a highly interesting claim (credible source in Herd intersected with significant information) can be located in our understanding of the subject.

Back on topic - isn't it nice to see that Motor Sport is now producing content that we want to debate, rather than denouncing the shortcomings of the magazine itself? It really has been something of a sea-change.

Advertisement

#3320 375 Plus

375 Plus

• 11 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 00:31

In the June, 2008 issue of Motor Sport, near the end of Simon Taylor's lunch interview with Chris Amon, we are given this description of the 1970 Belgian GP by Mr. Amon:
"At Spa I was leading from Jackie and Jochen, and I could see them getting smaller in my mirrors. Then suddenly there was this bloody BRM looming up. Pedro Rodriguez-he'd been eighth on the grid, a good couple of seconds slower than me and Jackie in qualifying. I thought, where the hell did he come from? He just blew by. I stuck with him, and I worked out that the only way I could pass him was by taking the Masta kink flat, and getting him down the hill. It had never been flat up to then, but on the last lap I hung back, then went for it. I did get it flat between the buildings-I was that close to the wall-and I drafted past him down to Stavelot. That was when I set the lap record. But on the long drag up the hill he just steamed past again. Aubrey Woods, after he left BRM, told me they built a 3.5-litre engine. He would't say when they used it, but I'm pretty sure I know."

hmmmmm ;)

Edited by 375 Plus, 12 February 2010 - 00:33.

#3321 D-Type

D-Type

• 8,054 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 09:39

At the time that several Cosworth teams were using various ruses and creative interpretation of the regulations in order to run underweight cars I remember a DSJ piece where he said that when discussing the issue with team personnel he had asked "Why don't you simply run oversized engines?". Was this just Jenks being provocative or was he hinting at something?

#3322 RA Historian

RA Historian

• 3,422 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 15:12

As I said in post 3306:

When you are beaten, it is always because the other guy was cheating...

Tom

#3323 charles r

charles r

• 5,591 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 15:54

In the June, 2008 issue of Motor Sport, near the end of Simon Taylor's lunch interview with Chris Amon, we are given this description of the 1970 Belgian GP by Mr. Amon:
"At Spa I was leading from Jackie and Jochen, and I could see them getting smaller in my mirrors. Then suddenly there was this bloody BRM looming up. Pedro Rodriguez-he'd been eighth on the grid, a good couple of seconds slower than me and Jackie in qualifying. I thought, where the hell did he come from? He just blew by. I stuck with him, and I worked out that the only way I could pass him was by taking the Masta kink flat, and getting him down the hill. It had never been flat up to then, but on the last lap I hung back, then went for it. I did get it flat between the buildings-I was that close to the wall-and I drafted past him down to Stavelot. That was when I set the lap record. But on the long drag up the hill he just steamed past again. Aubrey Woods, after he left BRM, told me they built a 3.5-litre engine. He would't say when they used it, but I'm pretty sure I know."

hmmmmm ;)

I think DCN would know and I would like to think that Herd/Amon's assertions are not correct.

#3324 vashlin

vashlin

• 322 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 16:38

Did any US subscribers receive the Ustinov Grand Prix of Gibraltar CD as promised?

Jack.

Didn't receive one with the magazine.
Had to order one from the website but it was only about $9 and shipping was free.

Lin

#3325 PRD

PRD

• 319 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 21:44

Jack.

I'll post mine to the first person to PM me off list :cool:

#3326 kayemod

kayemod

• 7,196 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 21:56

I'll post mine to the first person to PM me off list :cool:

I don't want to keep mine either, a remarkable performance by Peter Ustinov, but about as funny as I find The Goons, ie. not at all. At no point did it raise so much as a faint smile, must be me I suppose, but I'd heard so much about it from Nigel Roebuck and others, and I just found it very childish, desperately unfunny. Iike I said, it must be me I suppose (but I can recite almost every classic Python sketch from memory, and still laugh at the good ones).

I can almost hear the choruses of "Miserable bugger!!!"

#3327 Allan Lupton

Allan Lupton

• 3,041 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 21:56

At the time that several Cosworth teams were using various ruses and creative interpretation of the regulations in order to run underweight cars I remember a DSJ piece where he said that when discussing the issue with team personnel he had asked "Why don't you simply run oversized engines?". Was this just Jenks being provocative or was he hinting at something?

I don't know but I would say that Jenks was just making the point that breaking the weight rules was cheating just as much as using oversized engines would be - and it is cheating, as rules are there to be kept to unless the whole thing descends into total anarchy.

#3328 Jack-the-Lad

Jack-the-Lad

• 1,397 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 00:11

I don't want to keep mine either, a remarkable performance by Peter Ustinov, but about as funny as I find The Goons, ie. not at all. At no point did it raise so much as a faint smile, must be me I suppose, but I'd heard so much about it from Nigel Roebuck and others, and I just found it very childish, desperately unfunny. Iike I said, it must be me I suppose (but I can recite almost every classic Python sketch from memory, and still laugh at the good ones).

I can almost hear the choruses of "Miserable bugger!!!"

I imagine it's lost most of its humor in the passage of time....silly names for drivers and cars are hardly high comedy, and parody is best consumed in small doses. I was mostly interested in hearing Ustinov's impersonations and vocal sound effects.

Jack.

#3329 isynge

isynge

• 76 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 01:54

I quite enjoyed the Grand Prix of Gibraltar - it being a fun companion on the road home from work late last year. It's telling though, that it's never really contended for a relisten or to be put on the Zune for when I'm travelling.

It's a period piece, some of it's very silly, some still quite funny, and some genius, such as how entirely unpredictably, in Orgini, Ustinov has absolutely accurately foretold the Henri Pescarolo of today.

#3330 RA Historian

RA Historian

• 3,422 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 03:20

My goodness, I am astonished. The Ustinov piece, "The Grand Prix of Gibraltar" is pure genius! I suppose humor is relative, but the couple posts above are the very first negatives I have ever heard about this, and I have been aware of it for 50 years! A buddy of mine bought the Riverside record back when it came out in '58 or '59. We roared at it then, and today, 50 years later, I put the CD on every now and then and still roar at it. Incredible satire, parody, etc., a virtuoso one man show of pure genius. Nigel Roebuck summarizes its recording in the latest issue of Motor Sport, and it is truly remarkable that Ustinov came into the studio with no notes and nailed it in one take. He just winged it. It is one of those recordings that one has to listen to several times to catch all the subtleties hidden therein. My racing friends and myself still exchange lines from the recording to each other at appropriate moments whenever we are at the track. A number of times each year someone will sidle up to me and gruffly say, "I am the observer, not you!" A friend of mine even named his boat after the fisheries protection vessel whose sailors gave the Duke a rousing cheer. Every time we hear an inane interview someone will say, "Senor Fanfani says he doesn't know whether he will win or lose." And on and on and on.

I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I find it hard to believe that the magic of Ustinov's humor and insight into the foibles of various cultures and individuals whom he parodied can be dismissed so lightly.

Err, mind my tea, it's right on the edge of the table...

Tom

Edited by RA Historian, 13 February 2010 - 03:21.

#3331 David McKinney

David McKinney

• 14,156 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 06:37

What has to be remembered is that in 1957 it was simply not done (in the UK anyway) to satirise great establishments like Mercedes and Ferrari, and certainly not such figures as Neubauer, Ferrari and the world's leading drivers. Its appeal (then) was a combination of its sheer outrageousness and Ustinov's unrivalled impersonations of known figures.

All old hat in 2010, of course

#3332 john aston

john aston

• 820 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 07:42

I had heard so much Roebuck enthusiasm for the Gp De Gibraltar that I was looking forward to hearing the legendary recording. .Laugh, I nearly smiled. Like Kayemod I find it as funny as the Goons- ie toecurlingly unfunny. I loved Ustinov's writing but sorry the CD did not do it for me. It's another sacred cow of course but humour from other times loses a lot with the passage of years and this has lost it all from my perspective.

#3333 Allan Lupton

Allan Lupton

• 3,041 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 09:20

As I've said elsewhere, it must be an age thing.
A bit confusing as, although I no longer find the goons funny, Ustinov remains so.

#3334 kayemod

kayemod

• 7,196 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 10:12

The Emperor's New Clothes.

Pleased to see that I'm not alone in my apparent lack of appreciation for Peter Ustinov's virtuoso performance. I usually keep my opinions on The Goons to myself, but I can see that I'm not alone in that either. It's long been a bit of a mystery to me how some humour dates, while other performances don't, and it isn't anything as simple as the passage of time, I still find Al Read and Max Miller funny to this day, and I'm a 'baby-boomer', so I don't think it's an age thing.

#3335 ensign14

ensign14

• 37,326 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 10:48

Not entirely age...I love the Ustinov thing, and probably have fewer miles on the clock than most in these here parts...not so keen on the Goons, but Beyond The Fringe is ace.

#3336 P0wderf1nger

P0wderf1nger

• 311 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 16:47

Another bit of that Herd interview interests me, when he talks of Peteresen 'obediently following Andretti around in very race...'

So what do we think? Mario vs Ronnie in '78, in equal equipment, no instructions. Who wins?

I'll wager most will say Ronnie, though I'm not so sure, and I reckon Mario did a better job of helping turn Lotus round through '76 and '77 than Ronnie ever could have.

#3337 RA Historian

RA Historian

• 3,422 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 16:54

So what do we think? Mario vs Ronnie in '78, in equal equipment, no instructions. Who wins?
Mario! (highlight mine)

Paul, that one has been beaten to death in several other threads on TNF. I DO NOT want to restart it, but the consensus is that most 1978 races wound up the right way. Mario, the more complete driver, was the deserving Champion.

I have not received the copy of the magazine in question yet, still a few weeks before it gets to us here in the States, but all I have heard about the Herd interview so far seems to be so much garbage. First the BRM big engine nonsense, now this. Ronnie signed on knowing that Mario was number one, but obediently following him around? As has been pointed out ad nauseum, it just was not so.

Tom

Edited by RA Historian, 13 February 2010 - 17:00.

#3338 Jack-the-Lad

Jack-the-Lad

• 1,397 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 17:52

Another bit of that Herd interview interests me, when he talks of Peteresen 'obediently following Andretti around in very race...'

I'll wager most will say Ronnie, though I'm not so sure, and I reckon Mario did a better job of helping turn Lotus round through '76 and '77 than Ronnie ever could have.

No doubt RP could be as fast as Mario on a given day, but over a season I think Mario's speed, consistency and racecraft would always prevail. Mario Andretti was a virtuoso in my opinion, and the fullness of his talent has not yet been completely recognized.

Jack

#3339 D-Type

D-Type

• 8,054 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 18:48

Re Ustinov: I didn't want to say anything, but I too was disappointed. I've read so much about it I expected something special. The same thing happens with some films that are, shall we say, over-hyped eg Jurassic Park , which was good and well executed but somehow I was expecting more.

Re Ronnie: No doubt he could drive, but he couldn't set a car up. Without Mario to sort the car out he was lost. Witness the performance of the 72 when he was no 1 at Lotus.

Re oversized BRMs: I don't believe for a minute that they were oversize - I think this is merely two of their opponents saying conversationally that on that day BRM somehow got the car to run right.

Advertisement

#3340 ensign14

ensign14

• 37,326 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 22:18

Simple question to Mr Herd: "List all the races where Peterson followed Andretti."

#3341 red stick

red stick

• 2,289 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 01:02

I quite enjoyed the Grand Prix of Gibraltar - it being a fun companion on the road home from work late last year. It's telling though, that it's never really contended for a relisten or to be put on the Zune for when I'm travelling.

It's a period piece, some of it's very silly, some still quite funny, and some genius, such as how entirely unpredictably, in Orgini, Ustinov has absolutely accurately foretold the Henri Pescarolo of today.

That pretty much sums up my feeling. I had to order it, was happy to get it, enjoyed listening to it, and much admire Ustinov's performance. His love for the sport and eye for detail are evident. That said, I didn't find it rolling on the floor funny, merely amusing. Or should I say, "droll."

#3342 Frank S

Frank S

• 2,157 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 02:23

That pretty much sums up my feeling. I had to order it, was happy to get it, enjoyed listening to it, and much admire Ustinov's performance. His love for the sport and eye for detail are evident. That said, I didn't find it rolling on the floor funny, merely amusing. Or should I say, "droll."

I first heard it, near the time it was released, by playing it in a record/appliance/furniture store. I laughed out loud once or twice, but mostly just appreciated it without merriment. It was fulfilling in a way that a 20-year-old could enjoy and incorporate into his relationship with the world and motorsport as he knew it.

When I found a CD of it, a few years back, I enjoyed it the same way. Merriment was not the principal measure. My daughter and her cohort appreciated the performance, but not so many of the nuances. It's still a gem, and in the right setting, it sparkles as it always did.

Edited by Frank S, 14 February 2010 - 02:24.

#3343 Cara

Cara

• 4 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 10:06

Does anyone know what the deal is with the 24month subscription on the magazine website. The Subs page says if you choose a 24month subscription you can choose a free decade archive CD "from the list below". The "list below" contains the new 1990's DVD but if you choose that one as your free one the checkout includes it at full price and asks you to pick a free one from 1920-1980's. Bit off that you are apparently allowed to choose the 1990 as your free one on one page but have to pay for it at checkout.

Is this a website mistake or is the new 1990 excluded I wonder. Yes I know I can call and ask them but posting here in case anyone gets caught out

Apologies - the 1990s archive has only just been added to the shop and it seems that there's a glitch preventing readers from adding it as their free archive with subscription. We will get this corrected as soon as we can, but in the meantime, please don't hesitate to call me on 0207 349 8490 and I can amend or set up your free gift as necessary.

Thanks,

Cara

Admin/subscriptions
Motor Sport Magazine

#3344 bradbury west

bradbury west

• 4,589 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:19

2 years down the line The Bod will shortly celebrate his 97th birthday on February 22.
Roger Lund

Just a reminder that the illustrious WB celebrates his 97th birthday today.
Congratulations and many happy returns.
Roger Lund

#3345 Paul Parker

Paul Parker

• 1,704 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:53

Happy Birthday WB and thank you for all these years of writing, astonishing!

#3346 Tim Murray

Tim Murray

• 14,406 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:10

I 'discovered' Motor Sport almost exactly forty-five years ago, and WB has been part of my life ever since.

Happy Birthday Mr Boddy, and thank you.

#3347 Alan Cox

Alan Cox

• 7,701 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:42

Congratulations, WB. Remarkable that he is still writing a regular column, and surely the last survivor to have written about the pre-war German Mercedes and Auto-Union invasion of Donington from first-hand observation.

#3348 Gary Davies

Gary Davies

• 1,945 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 10:47

Very happy to realise the WB is entering his 98th year. By jingo the chap could be infuriating at times but his achievement, his consistency and his quality are unarguable. Here's to many more years, WB!

#3349 RogerFrench

RogerFrench

• 394 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 11:37

Happy Birthday indeed!

#3350 Doug Nye

Doug Nye

• 8,346 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 12:32

Good old Bod. Many more happy returns indeed...

On matters discussed earlier in this thread, despite being very much of the Goon generation I too now find the old tapes faintly embarrassing - somewhat in the same mould as The Goodies TV shows - but in period the Goons were so different, soooo alternative, that they were completely seductive and helped shape, or screw-up, one's mindset for life. The people involved remain much loved and admired, but sad to say their 1950s work has, for me, palled. Not so Max Miller, Round the Horn, Al Read, and Anthony Aloysius Hancock. Miller's encounter on the rope bridge would still raise eyebrows today - across a spectrum from 'Daily Mail' to 'Guardian' reader. Ustinov - OK, but no more than that. Droll is the right word, clever material. I too always found him a little too self-admiring, pleased with himself, rather like the faintly amusing bore at a party who overstays his talent. But everyone to their own taste, eh?

Re Robin Herd, Chris Amon and the "obviously 3.3-3.5-litre" BRM V12 which outstripped their March 701 in the 1970 Belgian GP, see the 'Motor Sport' currently under preparation in which I intend to present the truth, one way or t'other...

DCN

Edited by Doug Nye, 22 February 2010 - 12:38.