Photo

Season analysis so far by DC, CH and EJ

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 xman

xman

• 853 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 20:34

The Telegraph had interesting column by David Coulthard, Christian Horner and Eddie Jordan offering their analysis on the season so far.

What I loved the most was DC's comments about Kimi as he's often said many not so positive things about him.

Tom Cary: What a season so far. You thought it couldn’t get any more dramatic and then the most successful F1 driver of all time goes and announces his comeback. Were you surprised?

David Coulthard: Not at all. Since retiring, Michael’s been racing motorbikes and karts. I hear he’s been out in GP2 or Formula 3000 cars as well. I don’t think he was exactly playing for the opportunity to get back into F1, but since it has presented itself it’s an absolute no-brainer. What has he got to lose – the Ferrari hasn’t exactly won a grand prix this year, has it?

TC: Would you have been tempted back if Ferrari had asked you?

DC: Well, I couldn’t keep up with Kimi when I was at McLaren so what ******* chance would I have now?!

Eddie Jordan: Hah, not like you to be honest, DC!

David :lol: :up:

See the rest here

Edited by xman, 03 August 2009 - 20:35.

Advertisement

#2 Brawn BGP 001

Brawn BGP 001

• 5,961 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 20:43

At least he is honest. :rotfl:

#3 FlatOverCrest

FlatOverCrest

• 2,823 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 22:21

I wonder if Jordan could be pursuaded to come back to running a race team if budgets reduce?

#4 peroa

peroa

• 10,783 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 22:26

He likes his yachts more.
Bought a Elan 450 this april.

http://www.sail-worl...s.cfm?Nid=38708

#5 FlatOverCrest

FlatOverCrest

• 2,823 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 00:04

Very nice

#6 le chat noir

le chat noir

• 4,661 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 00:21

EJ: I think they got really lucky in the first place. Not just with Honda [who effectively gave Brawn $100m rather than close down the team] but also Aguri Suzuki, who basically built the aerodynamics.

what's that about?

#7 FonzCam

FonzCam

• 762 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 00:40

EJ: I think they got really lucky in the first place. Not just with Honda [who effectively gave Brawn $100m rather than close down the team] but also Aguri Suzuki, who basically built the aerodynamics.

what's that about?

I've seen it mentioned all over the place but have never seen anything concrete about it. From what I gather the rumour goes that the double diffuser design was a Super Aguri design that went with some of the ex SA engineers to Honda (and possibly Williams/Toyota)

Anyone got a decent source for this?

#8 le chat noir

le chat noir

• 4,661 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 00:41

that rings a bell. ta