Photo

F1 official fan survey, urgent..

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Taxi

Taxi

• 4,799 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 13:04

I'm doing an academic papper about leadership.It came to my mind the personality of a few F1 drivers like Hamilton, Raikkonen and Jenson Button and the way people trust them or not. I would like to know if theres a 2008/9 fan survey made by Fia co's I can only find the 2006 one. It's quite important. Thanks!

Advertisement

#2 Pharazon

Pharazon

• 1,156 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 13:10

wasn;t there a ING one done last year?

#3 Taxi

Taxi

• 4,799 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 13:11

wasn;t there a ING one done last year?

I've searched but didn't find it
:|

#4 Ruud de la Rosa

Ruud de la Rosa

• 2,137 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 13:18

I've searched but didn't find it
:|

http://www.ingf1raci...efansurvey.com/

result were posted in a f1 magazine http://www.sidepodca...survey-results/

Picked up the current issue of F1 Racing and it has the results of the ING F1 survey they did. They are as follows:

Most Popular Team – McLaren, 29%; Least Popular – Force India, 0% (That’s less than even Super Aguri who scored 1% along with Toyota)

Most Popular Driver – Lewis Hamilton, 27%; Least Favourite – Jarno Trulli, 0.1%!

Fans want to see more on TV – Interviews with drivers (86%) and team engineers (69%) and also more pit-to-car radio (60%). They don’t want interviews with celebrities (5%)

The future of F1 for fans – They want F1 to continue at classic venues (90%), more emphasis on driver skills (88%) and it must be more affordable to attend the races (88%). They don’t want refuelling banned (18%) or reverse grids (17%)

What’s important in F1 – Quite obvious really, it’s the overtaking (74%), with the best drivers second (63%) and informative and engaging commentary third (59%). Not concerned about the glamour though (15%).

Technology in F1 – What matters the most here for fans is the want to see new tech innovations every year (74%) and to reverse their judgement of KERS until next season (64%). Although, to quote from the magazine, “…while 8 out of 10 fans claim to have a strong knowledge of the sport’s technical aspects, seven percent said they didn’t know what KERS was (!).”

these results are useless for research. you have to know the population research.

Edited by Ruud de la Rosa, 10 August 2009 - 13:21.

#5 Taxi

Taxi

• 4,799 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 13:34

http://www.ingf1raci...efansurvey.com/

result were posted in a f1 magazine http://www.sidepodca...survey-results/

these results are useless for research. you have to know the population research.

I know. But it's just a data curiosity.

#6 Ruud de la Rosa

Ruud de la Rosa

• 2,137 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 15:05

if you find anything worthwhile, could you please share it?

#7 Jimisgod

Jimisgod

• 4,954 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 15:32

Well I'd trust Rosberg or Heidfeld most out of all the drivers, though if I wanted someone to tell me how it is I'd get Webber. Massa seems fairly trustworthy too.

All the "top drivers" seem too arrogant. The driver I'd trust least is Hamilton. Strange, it seems being-a-complete-asshole-if-it-means-you-win has been a common trait of most recent WDCer's :well:

#8 Taxi

Taxi

• 4,799 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 16:04

if you find anything worthwhile, could you please share it?

of course!

#9 zoombie

zoombie

• 451 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 01:40

Strange, it seems being-a-complete-asshole-if-it-means-you-win has been a common trait of most recent WDCer's :well:

A complete asshole is a trait of most successful people, nice guy finish last :)

Edited by zoombie, 11 August 2009 - 01:41.