Photo

2010: Kubica for the second Ferrari seat?

• Please log in to reply
206 replies to this topic

#1 glorius&victorius

glorius&victorius

• 4,327 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 07:30

Wouldn't Alonso-Kubica be an amazing line up at Ferrari next year.
It would be bad for Massa of course but what has Ferrari got to loose?

Advertisement

#2 Schumacher Forever

Schumacher Forever

• 55 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 07:37

Where does Schumacher fit in your theory? I agree that that the chances of seeing Raikkonen or Massa at Ferrari next year are close to zero but one of the Ferrari seats belongs to MS IMO. If that is the case, I don't see Alonso wanting to join him there. Kubica, maybe. He does not have as much to lose.

#3 engel

engel

• 5,037 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 07:38

Where does Schumacher fit in your theory? I agree that that the chances of seeing Raikkonen or Massa at Ferrari next year are close to zero but one of the Ferrari seats belongs to MS IMO. If that is the case, I don't see Alonso wanting to join him there. Kubica, maybe. He does not have as much to lose.

http://forums.autosp...howtopic=113412

#4 glorius&victorius

glorius&victorius

• 4,327 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 07:45

OK... so now Ferrari can start with Kubica for the rest of the season...

#5 Captain Tightpants

Captain Tightpants

• 8,012 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 07:53

Why does everyone assume the Ferrari seats are up for contention despite all the parties - Ferrari, their drivers, the supposed candidates; everyone - saying that their lineup in 2010 will be Kimi Raikkonen and Felipe Massa?

Is it because of a disappointing season? That's not the drivers' fault; it's Ferrari's. They built a bad car and made stupid decisions like keeping drivers in pit during qualifying because they assumed they'd be quick enough, and putting extreme wets on Raikkonen in the dry at Sepang. For what they have to work with, I think Messrs Massa and Raikkonen have done quite well.

#6 mountford

mountford

• 430 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 07:55

Kubica knows full well that Alonso will be #1 at Ferrari, and will therefore be dominated by him.

Alonso :smoking:

#7 outofspace

outofspace

• 132 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 08:16

Yeap it really a open window for Kubica at the moment

#8 Gilles4Ever

Gilles4Ever
  • RC Forum Admin

• 24,873 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 08:20

There's a great article by Tony Dodgins

Dodgy Business: Where next for Kubica?

#9 FlatOverCrest

FlatOverCrest

• 2,823 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 08:23

Cant see Beemer releasing him this year, not after the interesting words he used earlier in the year, I dont think they will do him any favours now. Next year...?? I am not so sure that we wont see Kimi and Massa together for another year...

#10 potmotr

potmotr

• 12,995 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 08:29

Kubica is still contracted to BMW though. They're still paying his wages until the end of the year. Would BMW and its sponsors really want a driver they've based part of their marketing campaigns around now driving for Ferrari, a premium sports brand which competes with the more expensive cars in the BMW range?

#11 engel

engel

• 5,037 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 08:33

Pff there will be Alonso and Kubica in 010 just at Renault not Ferrari

#12 thuGG

thuGG

• 2,177 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 08:41

Cant see Beemer releasing him this year, not after the interesting words he used earlier in the year, I dont think they will do him any favours now. Next year...?? I am not so sure that we wont see Kimi and Massa together for another year...

What words?

#13 FlatOverCrest

FlatOverCrest

• 2,823 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 09:46

What words?

He wasnt too complimentary about the car earlier this year, I cant remember who interviewed him, but it was not exactly "motivating" if I remember correctly..

#14 Lennat

Lennat

• 2,041 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 09:52

Not that i wouldn't love to see Aloso and Kubica at Ferrari as they are two of my favourite drivers and Ferrari always hass been by favourite team, but I can't imagining Ferrari breaking their contracts with BOTH Massa And Kimi. I could see them letting Kimi go to get Alonso though, but time will tell. :)

#15 thuGG

thuGG

• 2,177 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 10:02

He wasnt too complimentary about the car earlier this year, I cant remember who interviewed him, but it was not exactly "motivating" if I remember correctly..

I red lots of interviews with him this year and despite car being crap, he was always positive. His attitude was sth like this "I/We will learn from this". About the car, everybody in the team knows the car is crap, and even Mario admitted that.

#16 potmotr

potmotr

• 12,995 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 10:04

I red lots of interviews with him this year and despite car being crap, he was always positive. His attitude was sth like this "I/We will learn from this". About the car, everybody in the team knows the car is crap, and even Mario admitted that.

What's funny is that Kubica seems a lot more upbeat this year than he did last year when he was competing at the sharp end.

Perhaps he's just resigned to the fact this season will be terrible because of the car.

#17 thuGG

thuGG

• 2,177 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 10:11

Well this season is lost anyway. He was pissed off in 2008 and I don't blame him.

#18 wingwalker

wingwalker

• 7,238 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 10:17

C'mon everyone at BMW were saying that F1.09 is a crap car for quite some time now. Probably because F1.09 turned out to be a complete lemon, but that's only my guess. In 2009 Kubica actually sounded like the biggest optimist in the camp, I guess his last year frustration came from knowing how it might be his only chance to fight for WDC and it is taken away from him by team bosses. I suspect every other driver would be equally unhappy about it as he was. This season turned out to be a write off pretty soon so there were no frictions caused by different goals by team/driver. Although I'm sure Kuica heart sunk when he heard how Red Bull are changing their developement plan to fight for title this year at the point where they were a fair bit behind Brawn GP.

#19 ForeverF1

ForeverF1
  • RC Forum Host

• 6,580 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 10:28

Should this thread not be merged with 'Silly Season'?

Advertisement

#20 Fallout

Fallout

• 476 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 10:34

I'm quite positive that we will see Piquet Jr and Nakajima at Ferrari next year. Every single hint Ferrari has given indicates that and just that.

#21 Jason Burton

Jason Burton

• 70 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 10:36

Kubica = not good enough for Ferrari. :down:

#22 CaptainJackSparrow

CaptainJackSparrow

• 2,368 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 10:42

Kubica is plenty good enough for Ferrari.

Agree that the Alonso-Kubica combination would be a fascinating one to watch. That would be like two panters on the prowl:)

#23 wingwalker

wingwalker

• 7,238 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 10:44

I'm quite positive that we will see Piquet Jr and Nakajima at Ferrari next year. Every single hint Ferrari has given indicates that and just that.

Piquet Jr? Whaaaaat? You're making **** up, aren't you?

Edited by wingwalker, 11 August 2009 - 10:44.

#24 potmotr

potmotr

• 12,995 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 10:45

Well this season is lost anyway. He was pissed off in 2008 and I don't blame him.

Agreed.

I think Kubica would be totally awesome at Ferrari.

He reminds me a bit of Raikkonen in his McLaren days.

Super fast, super aggressive and always totally on it.

#25 jeze

jeze

• 2,973 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 11:07

Agreed.

I think Kubica would be totally awesome at Ferrari.

He reminds me a bit of Raikkonen in his McLaren days.

Super fast, super aggressive and always totally on it.

I rate him at the same level as Kimi today, and at the same level as Button, Webber and Vettel. But somehow, I dcon't think he could stand up at the pace of Alonso or Hamilton over a full season. Massa is a complete wildcard in that equation. Before his incident, I rated him top 3, but who knows how he'll perform when he does come back to the sport? But I don't think Kubica would be an improvement for Ferrari. He combines Kimi's easy-going attitude with the egoism of Alonso, and that's no good combination in the long run.

#26 potmotr

potmotr

• 12,995 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 11:11

Alonso and Kubica within the same team would be total fireworks I reckon.

Both are guys who push a team to its absolute maximum.

I think Kubica would be mentally stronger than Alonso when it comes to all the stuff out fo the car.

Alonso just hates not to be as fast as the guy in the other car.

On the other hand Kubica seemed to take it in his stride when Heidfeld was quicker in 2007.

#27 chrisj

chrisj

• 1,000 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 15:14

Kubica and Alonso together at Ferrari would be the biggest disaster driver pairing in 30 years for the Scuderia.

#28 kismet

kismet

• 7,376 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 15:20

Way too many people driving that second Ferrari next year. They'll need to invent some kind of rotation system to accommodate everyone and their pet ferrets.

#29 giacomo

giacomo

• 6,977 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 15:46

Wouldn't Alonso-Kubica be an amazing line up at Ferrari next year.
It would be bad for Massa of course but what has Ferrari got to loose?

Alonso/Kubica at Ferrari next year? Why not Button/Rosberg? Or Vettel/Hamilton?

#30 fanboy

fanboy

• 999 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 16:04

Alonso/Kubica at Ferrari next year? Why not Button/Rosberg? Or Vettel/Hamilton?

Because they are not double wc's? As for Kubica he doesnt really deserve a ferrari drive imo. In 3 years hasnt really proven to be better than Heidfeld. I guess he would make a good number 2 for Alonso but he seems to be the type of driver who attracts a lot of incidents. Like every race something happens to him. Lost wings, brake problems, tyre pressures, engine blow up, crash ect.

#31 UPRC

UPRC

• 4,716 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 16:42

2010 Ferrari: MASSA and RAIKKONEN

No Kubica, no Schumacher, no Alonso, no Vettel, no Villeneuve!!!!

#32 giacomo

giacomo

• 6,977 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 17:01

2010 Ferrari: MASSA and RAIKKONEN

No Kubica, no Schumacher, no Alonso, no Vettel, no Villeneuve!!!!

Talking sense is not welcome here.

#33 HMV

HMV

• 488 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 17:27

Way too many people driving that second Ferrari next year. They'll need to invent some kind of rotation system to accommodate everyone and their pet ferrets.

They'll make a 2 seat chassis. This way one driver will be able to dose off the first part of the race and be fresh and ready for the second.

#34 Menace

Menace

• 12,799 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 17:33

Why does everyone assume the Ferrari seats are up for contention despite all the parties - Ferrari, their drivers, the supposed candidates; everyone - saying that their lineup in 2010 will be Kimi Raikkonen and Felipe Massa?

Is it because of a disappointing season? That's not the drivers' fault; it's Ferrari's. They built a bad car and made stupid decisions like keeping drivers in pit during qualifying because they assumed they'd be quick enough, and putting extreme wets on Raikkonen in the dry at Sepang. For what they have to work with, I think Messrs Massa and Raikkonen have done quite well.

:kiss: :up:

Another Ferrari drivers thread... :lol:

#35 Menace

Menace

• 12,799 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 17:34

:rotfl: :up:

#36 Gilles4Ever

Gilles4Ever
  • RC Forum Admin

• 24,873 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 20:15

Can we get the thread back to speculation of Kubica for Ferrari in 2010.

#37 thuGG

thuGG

• 2,177 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 06:56

Yes we can. I think it's not goint to happen. Kimi claims that he will be driving for Ferrari next season a has a contract, Massa has a contract and of course there are Alonso rumors. There are already three drivers for two seats, so I don't see it happening.

#38 Galko877

Galko877

• 4,249 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 06:58

I'm still not convinced about Kubica's abilities. I feel he is a bit overrated.

#39 Mauseri

Mauseri

• 7,644 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 07:14

Kubica is plenty good enough for Ferrari.

I'm still not convinced about Kubica's abilities. I feel he is a bit overrated.

Kubica is a bit inconsistent from season to another. Last year he was great. Now and in the past he lost a little to Heidfeld. There is no proof that he would do any better than Kimi or Massa. I think he is a good racer and has winners' attitude though.

Anyway, if Massa recovers, there is no place in Ferrari.

Edited by micra_k10, 12 August 2009 - 07:14.

Advertisement

#40 Perre

Perre

• 152 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 08:33

It will be Alonso (Santander gives a golden handshake to Raikkonen) and Massa in Ferrari next season. Ferrari will never side-step Massa and the news says that he will be fully recovered from his horrible accident. Only a fool will still argue that Alonso will not drive for Ferrari next year!

//Per

#41 Odvan

Odvan

• 2,074 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 08:47

Luca's words: "I prefer the champion, even if matured, to the mediocre driver, even if he's young", - suppose us to think no Kubica or Vettel in Ferrari until they became champions or at least fights for top-spots in the next years.

Edited by Odvan, 12 August 2009 - 08:48.

#42 vsubravet

vsubravet

• 2,226 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 08:51

It will be Alonso (Santander gives a golden handshake to Raikkonen) and Massa in Ferrari next season. Ferrari will never side-step Massa and the news says that he will be fully recovered from his horrible accident. Only a fool will still argue that Alonso will not drive for Ferrari next year!

//Per

Wow!!! A powerful debate clinching argument!!!!! I never quite saw it that way; thanks for pointing it out, mate!!!!!!

#43 Jason Burton

Jason Burton

• 70 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 08:55

LOL Kubica will never drive for Ferrari. Why, you ask? Well how can I put this..... somehow he doesn't quite 'look right' for their image! :lol: ;)

#44 Henrytheeigth

Henrytheeigth

• 4,658 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 08:57

He speaks fluent Italian, and has been given the key to an Italian town I believe, so what more does he need? lol

#45 Jason Burton

Jason Burton

• 70 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 09:02

He speaks fluent Italian, and has been given the key to an Italian town I believe, so what more does he need? lol

Ferrari is a very image conscious brand. They will only choose good looking drivers, it's as simple as that.

#46 Henrytheeigth

Henrytheeigth

• 4,658 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 09:03

But but but they chose Massa!

#47 Jason Burton

Jason Burton

• 70 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 09:04

But but but they chose Massa!

Who is very handsome. :love:

#48 mountford