Photo

Felipe Massa latest Interview_VIDEO

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#1 Barri

Barri

• 314 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 04:03

Latest on Felipe Massa interviewed at his home in Sao Paulo, Brazil.

Advertisement

#2 Mastah

Mastah

• 3,679 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 06:48

Had he said something interesting?

BTW. Felipe looks good, hope he'll return to F1 very soon :up:.

#3 glorius&victorius

glorius&victorius

• 4,327 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 10:14

looking good, happy for him! a relief too to see him recovering quickly... just hope he doesnt go racing before the baby gets born... just not to put too much stress on his wife.... the first hours and days after his accident must have been pretty stressful on her..

Edited by glorius&victorius, 17 August 2009 - 10:15.

#4 hello86

hello86

• 4,223 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 11:35

He said something about Kimi:
http://www.iltalehti...092273_fo.shtml
google translation :stoned:

MTV3: Mass KimiƤ keep cool
Monday, 17.8.2009 at 12.03 (update at 12.12)
Kimi RƤikkƶnen will not have too much contact with the hospital was being Felipe masses.

Felipe Massa has improved rapidly. (EPA)
- He does not call for me. I heard the drivers sent greetings to me, and his speech was the shortest. He had sent me a postcard, which does not come across. That is Kimi, and I even thought that he would have acted differently.

Accordingly, described Felipe Massa of his and Kimi RƤikkƶsen between Hungary after the accident O Estado de Sao Paulo-sheet. The committee says MTV3.

Ferrari of Raikkonen, however, it became a hospital, watching the mass when he was a coma.

Raikkonen gives the injury of some comments in which he has pointed out that the mass was bad luck, and hoped for a stable kaverilleen a speedy recovery.

I have to admit that I donĀ“t like that behaviour of Kimi, but as Massa said thatĀ“s maybe the way he is.
A call would have been a nice gesture of him but itĀ“s not my business to jugde him. Just my thoughts :)

On the other hand I donĀ“t like that Massa has to complain about that in public in order to make Kimi look bad. He knows that Kimi will get bashed for that from the italian press. But thatĀ“s just the way Massa is.;)

Anyhow good to see that he looks okay and that he is improving.

Edited by hello86, 17 August 2009 - 11:45.

#5 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 11,192 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 12:02

Bit further translations:
Massa is whining about team mate not calling to him while been in hospital. Got voice greetings from f1 drivers and says Kimi's one was shortest. Also says Kimi sent him postcard which never arrived to him. Massa shrugs and says he couldn't even expect more from him.

On the otherhand Ferrari has said Kimi RƤikkƶnen visit Felipe Massa, while he was in coma. (I wonder should he have stayed at there with him, hold hand and cry till poor Felipe would wake up?)

RƤikkƶnen has given some comments related on Felipe's injury and stated: "Felipe Massa had bad luck, I wish my team mate good and quick recovery".

Felipe also says he will follow Valencia GP with TV, Internet and phone and root a lot for Luca Badoer.

Edited by The Kanisteri, 17 August 2009 - 12:04.

#6 cardin

cardin

• 2,065 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 12:05

I have to admit that I donĀ“t like that behaviour of Kimi, but as Massa said thatĀ“s maybe the way he is.
A call would have been a nice gesture of him but itĀ“s not my business to jugde him. Just my thoughts :)

On the other hand I donĀ“t like that Massa has to complain about that in public in order to make Kimi look bad. He knows that Kimi will get bashed for that from the italian press. But thatĀ“s just the way Massa is.;)

I pretty much doubt Massa said any of this.

#7 marchi-91

marchi-91

• 440 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 12:08

I cannot understand any reason why Massa had to say that. What does he want? A Violin and harp playing at his bedside courtesy of Kimi?

If true, its pathetic imputs like these that demonstrate why Massa needs to be taken down a peg or two. He tries to emulate Michael, but its comments like this that bring in to reality how much he's been spoon fed his entire career. Even to a point of a championship that he and Ferrari somehow lost.

Kimi may not be as open as others would like, but he seems to have atleast some integrity and not whore himself out to the media.

#8 saudoso

saudoso

• 6,776 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 12:31

I just heard the interview, when Livio asks him about Kimi he starts jigling right away. His tone was like "that's Kimi, any thing other than that would be weird".

It's here:
http://tazio.uol.com...1/textos/12737/

Edited by saudoso, 17 August 2009 - 12:43.

#9 Mauseri

Mauseri

• 7,644 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 12:48

Kimi may not be as open as others would like, but he seems to have atleast some integrity and not whore himself out to the media.

If I was sick I wouldn't suddendly be hoping contacts from a person in the work, with whom I wasn't a close friend with. Maybe it's cultural difference, but who cares about formal commiserations anyway?

#10 Anssi

Anssi

• 1,899 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 12:52

Felipe, Kimi is not your friend - he is your workmate. Get over it.

According to Ferrari, he visited you in the hospital in Hungary. And he wished you a speedy recovery. I know because I heard him say so.

I don't know what is it that you want from him. It is unlikely that he will hold your hand by the bedside. That does not mean he does not care at all about you.

Felipe, you do not sound smart with your whining about Kimi. I know you started it this year already before the season started. Perhaps your aim with all that cheap talk is to make a point that you are better than Kimi, but I don't see it working very well.

Felipe, I wish you a speedy recovery, just like Kimi did, and I hope next time I will hear from you, you will not be whining about Kimi.

#11 Panch

Panch

• 444 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 12:58

Does Massa feel his seat is threatened or why he makes those stupid comments?

:well:

#12 Buckethead

Buckethead

• 710 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 12:58

I cannot understand any reason why Massa had to say that. What does he want? A Violin and harp playing at his bedside courtesy of Kimi?

Maybe the other guy asked about that?  ;)

And Finns are going crazy when Massa said something not-so-nice about Master Kimi, heh. :lol:

#13 steelyman

steelyman

• 214 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 12:59

Here

is the video which they are talking about Kimi's short comments. I could not understand everyone because the different languages but the mac drivers gave some nice comments.

#14 undersquare

undersquare

• 18,929 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 13:00

Well Felipe was pretty quick to say he would have won the race not been second like Kimi, so what does he expect? :lol:

Anyway he seems to be speaking quickly and clearly so that's good news. Still looking pretty bruised though, I wouldn't like to guess when he'll be back in F1.

#15 craftverk

craftverk

• 2,810 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 13:12

And Finns are going crazy when Massa said something not-so-nice about Master Kimi, heh. :lol:

I can agree with that, but I suppose that's to be expected :well:

#16 Anssi

Anssi

• 1,899 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 13:19

Does Massa feel his seat is threatened or why he makes those stupid comments?

:well:

It is a plausible explanation for why he so often feels a need to talk about Kimi in a negative style. Most of what I hear from him about Kimi sounds like he is not happy that Kimi is not his friend. Isn't a professional relationship enough? I am one who likes to separate my professional life from my private life. The workmates are at the workplace, and the good friends are elsewhere. To me this is normal, perhaps to Felipe it isn't normal. But I don't think it is a reason to talk bad about Kimi in public. The reason might indeed be something else, like trying to make a point who should be kept in the team.

I am friendly to my workmates, but I don't go hold their hand by the bedside when they are ill. And I don't call them outside work. And they don't call me. And I think this is completely normal. When I go home from work, I don't want the work to follow me home. Perhaps Kimi's attitude is similar - when the workday ends, then it really ends, and the brains will switch to thinking about something completely different, which is a very good way to take the pressure off and not feel all stressed-up about the work. Perhaps it's one reason why Kimi seems to cope with pressure very well - he is able to not let it follow him home.

#17 Verderer

Verderer

• 591 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 13:39

Great news, Massa is well enough to start politicking and using his sickbed to undermine Kimi! Good for him! :p

Seems like everybody but Kimi is keen to see Kimi depart Ferrari? That's the Ferrari loyalty for their current champion. All this talk about being one big family doesn't apply to him? :down:

#18 Arion

Arion

• 2,444 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 13:45

Here

is the video which they are talking about Kimi's short comments. I could not understand everyone because the different languages but the mac drivers gave some nice comments.

a lot of Italian speakers on the grid. Nice message from Heikki, they're all very sweet anyway. :)

#19 saudoso

saudoso

• 6,776 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 13:49

Massa is basically hoping his team to fail in Valencia,because we all know Badoer cant drive results that kimi does.what a whiner :down: He should hope best results for Ferrari.

Where did you see that???

Advertisement

#20 saudoso

saudoso

• 6,776 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 13:58

According to Ferrari, he visited you in the hospital in Hungary. And he wished you a speedy recovery. I know because I heard him say so.

I don't know what is it that you want from him. It is unlikely that he will hold your hand by the bedside. That does not mean he does not care at all about you.

Felipe, you do not sound smart with your whining about Kimi. I know you started it this year already before the season started. Perhaps your aim with all that cheap talk is to make a point that you are better than Kimi, but I don't see it working very well.

Felipe, I wish you a speedy recovery, just like Kimi did, and I hope next time I will hear from you, you will not be whining about Kimi.

It is a pity no one here can understand what he says in the interview. FM is giving a rat's ass about KR. It was asked to him if KR contacted him afterwards and he was jiggling even before he started answering, btw all the journos there stated jiggling as soon s Livio Oricchio asked (he wasn't there, he was on a speaker phone).

It's funny how 10 seconds out of a 15min recording is the highlight here. The fact is both KR and FM care that much about each other.

edited for spelling

Edited by saudoso, 17 August 2009 - 14:02.

#21 highdownforce

highdownforce

• 4,994 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 13:59

Where did you see that???

His Kimi blow up doll told him.

#22 mursuka80

mursuka80

• 5,106 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 14:00

It is a pity no one here can understand what he says in the interview. FM is giving a rat's ass about KR. It was asked to him if KR contacted him afterwards and he was jiggling even before he started answering, btw all the journos there stated jiggling as son s Livio Orichio asked (he wasn't there, he was on a speker).

It's funny how 10 seconds out of a 15min recording is the highlight here. The fact is both KR and FM care that much about each other.

well if it was like that,then i apologise.I dont understand portugal.

#23 mursuka80

mursuka80

• 5,106 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 14:00

That was funny :)

#24 saudoso

saudoso

• 6,776 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 14:13

On the health side he was evasive on giving a return date. He said the CAT scan is in charge and he can't do much about that.

He also says he had 40% vision on his left eye after the crash. His next exam (when he landed here) scored 80% and the last one scored 95%.

Edited by saudoso, 17 August 2009 - 14:13.

#25 highdownforce

highdownforce

• 4,994 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 14:16

He also says he had 40% vision on his left eye after the crash. His next exam (when he landed here) scored 80% and the last one scored 95%.

He probably sees better than me now.

#26 cardin

cardin

• 2,065 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 14:20

Here is the link http://tazio.uol.com...1/textos/12737/ , segment 5. Even if you don't understand portuguese you'll realize he doesn't give a sh!t about it. But it was fun to see Kimi's brigade react like schoolgrils to something that wasn't there.

#27 glorius&victorius

glorius&victorius

• 4,327 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 14:22

Looks like when Massa gets back he is going blow Kimi away during practices, qualifying and the race "for not being more cuddly"

#28 Anssi

Anssi

• 1,899 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 14:22

While I do not understand Portuguese much, I do understand the quotes which were translated into Finnish, from a Brazilian newspaper. What I see in that does not sound very smart from Felipe.

I think it is arrogant from Felipe to think Kimi should do more, or from anyone who is just his workmate - he wished Felipe a speedy recovery, that should be enough. No need to complain there.

I do wish him a speedy recovery, just like Kimi did.

Edited by Anssi, 17 August 2009 - 14:23.

#29 highdownforce

highdownforce

• 4,994 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 14:24

Here is the link http://tazio.uol.com...1/textos/12737/ , segment 5. Even if you don't understand portuguese you'll realize he doesn't give a sh!t about it. But it was fun to see Kimi's brigade react like schoolgrils to something that wasn't there.

It's an interesting phenomenon indeed.
All those Alonso talkings are generating this kind of reaction.

#30 carbonfibre

carbonfibre

• 6,787 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 14:33

O my some people here got stepped on their toes right.....

Can't wait for Massa to return.

#31 cheapracer

cheapracer

• 10,388 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 14:37

While I do not understand Portuguese much, I do understand the quotes which were translated into Finnish, from a Brazilian newspaper.

Don't forget the info came from a friend of a friend's uncle's sister's hairdresser who was giving him a haircut at the time.

Chinese Whispers hey? http://en.wikipedia....hinese_whispers :lol:

#32 Verderer

Verderer

• 591 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 14:47

It's equally fun to see the Massa brigade react like schoolgirls to Kimi brigades reaction. :yawnface:

Edited by Verderer, 17 August 2009 - 14:47.

#33 dutra

dutra

• 1,194 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 14:48

Since the accident there's been a pathetic "media wave" about some kind of unsensitive behavior by Kimi in brazilian press(why am i not suprised? :rolleyes: ). I saw only in 1 web site the news about him visiting Felipe at the hospital. It's like they needed that. That's just STUPID. I wish Massa a full and fast recovery but i really don't like him and how the press praises him so much! It's like everyone is against the poor brazilian, that Formula 1 now is just him and that's all. After the accident the quali and race were over! Not a single minute without a comment about it during the rest of the session and the race. Brazil still didn't got over the lost of Senna and that is costing the motorsport to walk backwards here since then.

#34 cardin

cardin

• 2,065 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 14:57

Since the accident there's been a pathetic "media wave" about some kind of unsensitive behavior by Kimi in brazilian press(why am i not suprised? :rolleyes: ). I saw only in 1 web site the news about him visiting Felipe at the hospital. It's like they needed that. That's just STUPID. I wish Massa a full and fast recovery but i really don't like him and how the press praises him so much! It's like everyone is against the poor brazilian, that Formula 1 now is just him and that's all. After the accident the quali and race were over! Not a single minute without a comment about it during the rest of the session and the race. Brazil still didn't got over the lost of Senna and that is costing the motorsport to walk backwards here since then.

So you are saying that you don't like Massa because the way the brazilian press treats him ? Yeah, makes sense.

#35 klover

klover

• 3,862 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 14:59

It is fun to see the anti-Kimi brigade taking cheap shots at the Kimi-brigade themselves. One would think that the most important thing for the Massa brigade (who no doubt have behaved like mature individuals, not some spoilt schoolgirls craving for attention to their little hero) and in fact the only issue that matters now is Massa's quick and full recovery, not who displayed affection for Felipe baby? Alas, never lose an opportunity to take aim at Kimi's fans :down:

#36 dutra

dutra

• 1,194 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 15:00

So you are saying that you don't like Massa because the way the brazilian press treats him ? Yeah, makes sense.

i said i don't like him AND don't like how press treats him.

#37 highdownforce

highdownforce

• 4,994 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 15:04

You know... kind of natural reaction... Barrichelo, Diniz, Rosset, Marques, Zonta, Burti, Bernoldi, da Matta, Pizzonia and Piquet Jnr didn't have the same luck or achieved same results.

#38 highdownforce

highdownforce

• 4,994 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 15:10

i said i don't like him AND don't like how press treats him.

Taking the media treatment apart, could you elaborate on why/how you dislikes Massa?
I'm personally not a fan of him, but I don't have a feeling of dislike towards Massa.

#39 dutra

dutra

• 1,194 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 15:34

Taking the media treatment apart, could you elaborate on why/how you dislikes Massa?
I'm personally not a fan of him, but I don't have a feeling of dislike towards Massa.

well, there's some people you like, some you dislike and you don't know exactly why... i just think some of his attitudes are too artificial, "far fetched". but probably another person may look at the same situation and see the opposite. i don't mind.

in that case i like more kimi's behavior. he is that guy and period. he doesn't try to look good all the time if he don't want to.

Advertisement

#40 highdownforce

highdownforce

• 4,994 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 15:40

well, there's some people you like, some you dislike and you don't know exactly why... i just think some of his attitudes are too artificial, "far fetched". but probably another person may look at the same situation and see the opposite. i don't mind.

in that case i like more kimi's behavior. he is that guy and period. he doesn't try to look good all the time if he don't want to.

Thank you!

#41 rko281

rko281

• 698 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 16:09

well, right now the front page for Gazzetta dello Sport in Italy is "Kimi non mi a chiamato" (Kimi didn't call me) and the readers comments for this article aren't very nice towards Kimi.

P.S.I read often the articles regarding F1 and indeed the press in Italy is very biased towards Massa. Maybe it's understandable, but this paper is the the most prestigious one in Italy but most of the time Massa is praised and Kimi .... (the italians don't like the fact that the other driver doesn't show emotions).

#42 hello86

hello86

• 4,223 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 19:02

Funny that he knows that Kimi sent a postcard although he didnĀ“t have any contact with him.

#43 klover

klover

• 3,862 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 19:09

well, right now the front page for Gazzetta dello Sport in Italy is "Kimi non mi a chiamato" (Kimi didn't call me) and the readers comments for this article aren't very nice towards Kimi.

P.S.I read often the articles regarding F1 and indeed the press in Italy is very biased towards Massa. Maybe it's understandable, but this paper is the the most prestigious one in Italy but most of the time Massa is praised and Kimi .... (the italians don't like the fact that the other driver doesn't show emotions).

Pino Allievi is not Kimi's greatest fan, no surprise here.

#44 K-One

K-One

• 6,248 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 20:25

I read another translation of that interview and those comments about Kimi were quite positive like " it doesn't mean that he doesn't care"

#45 David M. Kane

David M. Kane

• 5,402 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 22:06

Kimi just being Kimi to me. He's never been a talker; and he doesn't have an emotional pulse to speak of. Felipe looks really good at this point in his recovery! :up:

Speedy recovery Felipe! :clap:

#46 bankoq

bankoq

• 2,078 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 22:37

Kimi is Dr House of Formula 1. He is like he is and nobody can change that.

#47 noikeee

noikeee

• 23,220 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 22:47

This thread makes me feel like i've walked into a N*Sync message board (or Tokio Hotel, or whatever 13 yo girls listen to these days).

OMAGAWD he only said two words to him NOWAYYYYYYY

Edited by paranoik0, 17 August 2009 - 22:48.

#48 Juan Kerr

Juan Kerr

• 3,151 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 00:07

Who gives a dam about Kimi ? Massa, it looks like, has been brought up to care about people in general its not a bad thing, Kimi hasn't got that kind of level of intellect.

#49 marchi-91

marchi-91

• 440 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 05:47

No he saying he's sick of how the world still struggles to get over the fact that Senna is dead. Since 1994, it's always been Senna this and Senna that. I'm surprised they haven't drawn comparison between Senna's accident and Felipe's, but its beyond a joke.

Felipe got hit in the head. Freak accident. Move on. At the moment he's acting like a whiny little bitch, who 'if Kimi impresses' may see himself out of a drive that he never deserved in the first place.

It was evident enough in 2007 when he had a go at Alonso after some good racing that he couldn't hack it, so now he's taking cheap shots at his team mate because he feels threatened.

#50 Tomerell

Tomerell

• 1,896 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 06:47

Who gives a dam about Kimi ? Massa, it looks like, has been brought up to care about people in general its not a bad thing, Kimi hasn't got that kind of level of intellect.

Massa seems to give so much that he felt the need to tell it to the public, and I think that was not very intellect...