Photo

MotoGP Silly season 2010

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Stephan

Stephan

• 1,165 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 11:07

Okay, a bit later than usual, at lot of seats are occupied already. This is what I know/think.

Fiat Yamaha (2 riders)
Valentino Rossi
Jorge Lorenzo

Tech 3 Yamaha (2 riders)
Colin Edwards / Ben Spies / James Toseland / Toni Elias / Chris Vermeulen / Randy de Puniet (probably will be Colin and Ben)

Marlboro Ducati (2 riders)
Casey Stoner (if fit)
Nicky Hayden

Pramac Ducati (2 riders)
Mika Kallio (very probable)
Niccolo Canepa / Hiroshi Aoyama

Aspar Ducati (1 rider)
Hector Barbera

Repsol Honda (2 riders)
Dani Pedrosa
Andrea Dovizioso

Gresini Honda (2 riders)
Marco Melandri
Marco Simoncelli

LCR Honda (1 maybe 2 riders)
Randy de Puniet / Toni Elias

Scot Honda (1 rider)
?? Aoyama as the Japanese representative maybe

Rizla Suzuki (2 riders)
ALvaro Bautista
Loris Capirossi

Will Hayate continue in any form? 17 riders probably :down:

Advertisement

#2 Ralliart

Ralliart

• 669 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 11:50

I don't think Lorenzo is returning to FIAT Yamaha...believe Honda is dangling major change in front of his eyes and it'll be down to him going after bigger bucks than he's now getting or realizing that, at the moment, the Yamaha is the best bike out there and his best chance to dethrone Rossi will be to remain at Yamaha another year.
I don't believe that Spies will go to Moto GP nest year. Believe he will win WSB title and remain there. A magazine quoted him as saying he thinks he might be too big to be comfortable on a Moto GP bike.
While Hayden has been improving, lately, and Ducati bosses are, apparently pleased with his latest form, I believe the jury is still out. Were I the boss at Ducati, I'd sign Kallio to replace him, frankly.
I believe that Rossi would like to move to WSB - or even the WRC - but there is still unfinished business - bettering Ago's all-time wins record. I don't think Rossi can top the record in 2010 - anything's possible with him - which means he'd have to race Moto GP in 2011 and, maybe, 2012, to better it. Will the Yamaha continue to be the best bike for the next two or even three seasons? Will Jeremy Burgess want to remain two or even three more years? One unknown, maybe the biggest unknown at the moment, is the return of Stoner. A 100% healthy Stoner plus Lorenzo will make for more interesting Moto GPs in the future but also harder for Rossi to win. A lot hinges on Stoner's health. It's a real bummer that he's had so many health problems as, obviously, he's one of the three best in the world.

#3 Kooper

Kooper

• 2,189 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 14:01

Marlboro Ducati (2 riders)
Casey Stoner (if fit) Fernando Alonso why not, he's been rumored to drive for just about everyone else!
Nicky Hayden

#4 slideways

slideways

• 3,395 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 14:14

If I were the bosses at Ducati, I'd cycle the riders every 3 races until I found someone else who could ride the damn thing. Or just give up and bring Bayliss back.

#5 markr

markr

• 180 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 14:42

Ducati dropping Kallio would be stupid. He's shown some form and promise and they need some contunity for hecks sake.

As for Tech 3, they seem to be in a very sweet spot with many to chose from. IMO, Elias would be their best option alongside Edwards. Toseland, Vermeulen, say hello to WSBK. De Puniet should stay another season aboard a Honda. That is if Spies decided to remain at WSBK for 2010.

I agree with this. Tech 3 having two M1's surely has made them popular. Just think if they were running two Suzuki's!!!

#6 Stephan

Stephan

• 1,165 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 14:53

Gilles, could you please close this thread, since you have decided to keep the discussion in the MotoGP thread. I agree it is probably better that way, although searching something in 1000+ posts thread is sometimes difficult.