Photo

Duncan Pemberton

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 fil2.8

fil2.8

• 19,496 posts

Posted 25 August 2009 - 21:32

Guys it is with a heavy heart that I am writing this .
Duncan was killed last Saturday while racing at Jehonville during a post classic race involving several machines on his 350 tz
I got to know Dunc --aka Hagrid when he ran the FRC and a nicer , more helpful person you could not meet .
In my search for a ' g ' he was more than helpful , and a mine of information regarding the tz series and only to willing to be of assistance at any time .
To his family and friends I wish my heartfelt condolences
Dunc , I raise my glass to you , thanks mate , and it was a pleasure to know you
Rip Dunc :cry:
Phil

Advertisement

#2 Arthur

Arthur

• 170 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 06:35

Guys it is with a heavy heart that I am writing this .
Duncan was killed last Saturday while racing at Jehonville during a post classic race involving several machines on his 350 tz
I got to know Dunc --aka Hagrid when he ran the FRC and a nicer , more helpful person you could not meet .
In my search for a ' g ' he was more than helpful , and a mine of information regarding the tz series and only to willing to be of assistance at any time .
To his family and friends I wish my heartfelt condolences
Dunc , I raise my glass to you , thanks mate , and it was a pleasure to know you
Rip Dunc :cry:
Phil

Condolences to family and friends
RIP under the chequered flag

#3 exclubracer

exclubracer

• 1,720 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 07:39

Very sad news, I also knew Duncan from his FRC days.

Sincere condolences to family and friends.

RIP Hagrid.

#4 Rob Semmeling

Rob Semmeling

• 913 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 09:31

R.I.P.

#5 Herr Wankel

Herr Wankel

• 941 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 09:35

R.I.P.

Very sad news.A great rider.My condolences to to his family and friends.R.I.P. Duncan
HW

#6 Adrian Godden

Adrian Godden

• 171 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 11:00

....RIP young man - I still can't believe it..

Adie

#7 Pete Morris

Pete Morris

• 1 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 11:56

....RIP young man - I still can't believe it..

Adie

Dunc, it was a pleasure to know you mate, can't believe that when we saw you at Brands it would be the last time !! wish I'd made it Chimay this year then we'd have spent more time in your company, a great guy with a wealth of knowledge not just on TZ's .

Your friends will miss you! inc: Brian Beck, Bob Hall and Andy Williamson, we'll be there to pay our last respects, whenever the funeral is.

RIP Dunc, (Chunky!) Our thoughts are with Dawn and all his family

Pete & June Morris

#8 Duncan (hagrids) partner

Duncan (hagrids) partner

• 1 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 17:07

To all that knew DUNCAN PEMBERTON

I would like to just say thank you for all the kind words that have been posted on this and other racing sites, the lovely cards and flowers and the continues texts I have received on duncans mobile from so many people, all who only have fantastic words to say about him.
I have been lucky that Duncan came into my life about a year and half ago and we have spent every day together since. He was my best friend, my world and was fantastic with my 3 kids, all of who have taken his death very hard.
We will all miss him greatly and i still cant understand why such a great person had to die so young. He was the best.

Unfortunately due to a lot of red tape, his funeral can not be arranged jet though his family are talking about the 12th September. if you would like more details then just send me an email.

Safe racing to all

Dawn xxxxxxxxxxx

#9 fil2.8

fil2.8

• 19,496 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 17:21

Dawn , thank you for your words , it is a great comfort to all that knew him . Although we did'nt speak so often in the last few months , I have never known him so happy as he has been , thanks I think because of you . I wish you and your children all the best for the future .
With much sympathy
Phil

#10 picblanc

picblanc

• 12,531 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 18:06

Dawn , thank you for your words , it is a great comfort to all that knew him . Although we did'nt speak so often in the last few months , I have never known him so happy as he has been , thanks I think because of you . I wish you and your children all the best for the future .
With much sympathy
Phil

Hear Hear!! :cry:

#11 fil2.8

fil2.8

• 19,496 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 12:36

Just to tell you that Duncans funeral is next Saturday , 12 September at Fleet , Hampshire at 11 o'clock . Exact location unknown .
I shall be away , unfortunately , but will be there in spirit .

#12 Claire Bennett

Claire Bennett

• 1 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 13:18

hi Guys,
I'm Duncan's little sister, and I would like to thank you from his family for all your kind thoughts. Dawn was a huge part in Duncan's life and has been the reason for his smile the last 18 months and for that we also thank you for your support of her. His funeral is on the 12th September 11am, All Saints Church, Dogmersfield, Hants (if you find Fourseasons you will find the Church) and then afterwards at Peppone's, Mill Lane, Crondall (just around the corner!) All extremely welcome. He is greatly missed. Thanks again.xxx

Edited by Claire Bennett, 07 September 2009 - 10:19.

#13 fil2.8

fil2.8

• 19,496 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 10:26

Guys , I know it's been many months since Duncans untimely death , but thought you would like to see a pic of him on his tz . I have only just found this , after losing it many moons ago . Still think of you Dunc :cry:

Posted Image

#14 exclubracer

exclubracer

• 1,720 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 00:17

Well done Phil :up:

Hope there are more photos around of our much missed friend Hagrid :cry: