Experimental WWW

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 larryd

larryd

• 676 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 20:47

Posted Image

First try with Imageshack (Thanks Barry, if it works!!)

WWW?

Advertisement

#2 picblanc

picblanc

• 12,531 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 21:01

Posted Image

WWW?

It does!! :clap:

AJS, dont know who though, I am far to young!! :rolleyes: :wave:

#3 Russell Burrows

Russell Burrows

• 6,529 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 21:36

Posted Image

WWW?

Great shot Larry, Bill Doran on the Island with the Porcupine around '53 ? No idea on the bloke with the Manx. Is that Robin Sherry standing behind him with the other Ajay?

Edited by Russell Burrows, 28 August 2009 - 21:37.

#4 larryd

larryd

• 676 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 09:54

Great shot Larry, Bill Doran on the Island with the Porcupine around '53 ? No idea on the bloke with the Manx. Is that Robin Sherry standing behind him with the other Ajay?

First of all, I must credit Keith Bryen who sent me this photo from Australia, along with many others from his career in the 50s.

Could well be Robin Sherry behind Bill Doran - he and Bill were on both on the works Porcs, so you'd expect them both to come to the 1953 Senior weigh-in together.

The lad on the Manx Norton is Geoff Walker from Tasmania, weighing in for his first TT. Sadly, he crashed fatally during the race.

Edited by larryd, 29 August 2009 - 09:55.

#5 Russell Burrows

Russell Burrows

• 6,529 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 16:11

First of all, I must credit Keith Bryen who sent me this photo from Australia, along with many others from his career in the 50s.

Could well be Robin Sherry behind Bill Doran - he and Bill were on both on the works Porcs, so you'd expect them both to come to the 1953 Senior weigh-in together.

The lad on the Manx Norton is Geoff Walker from Tasmania, weighing in for his first TT. Sadly, he crashed fatally during the race.

And what suberb shots they are - good old Keith......would love to see some more, Larry.

#6 Ian Simpson

Ian Simpson

• 9 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 19:22

And what suberb shots they are - good old Keith......would love to see some more, Larry.

What a great colour picture.
AJS took the team prize in '53 with Bill Dorman (46), Robin Sherry (88) & Rod Coleman (57). I have earlier posted a B/W photo of the three of them post race.

Ian Simpson

#7 Russell Burrows

Russell Burrows

• 6,529 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 22:23

Posted Image

WWW?

Have we previously mentioned what appear to be sign writers painting on the numbers? If that's whats happening, did they do it for everyone?

#8 larryd

larryd

• 676 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 22:33

Have we previously mentioned what appear to be sign writers painting on the numbers? If that's whats happening, did they do it for everyone?

In those days, Russ, they did.

At the Ulster, too!

#9 Paul Collins

Paul Collins

• 978 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 18:11

In those days, Russ, they did.

At the Ulster, too!

At the TT & MGP we also used to have the 'the paint fairy' so called because no one ever actually saw them, but when the bikes had been placed into the assembly area prior to a race someone used to go around and touch up any bolt or screw heads which were within the background area of the number plate with the correct colour to match the plate.

We used to go back to the bikes for warm up and magically the bolts and screws had been blended in to the background!! not sure if this is still done but it certainly was until recently.

Edited by Paul Collins, 27 October 2012 - 18:12.

#10 fil2.8

fil2.8

• 19,496 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:24

Well , you live and learn , never heard that before , Paul , thanks :up: