Photo

Manx Grand Prix

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Greystone

Greystone

• 124 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 18:58

Not nostalgia I know guys but it will be one day.

I listened to the Manx Grand Prix commentary whilst working on the PC today and heard history being made. Carolyn Sells won the Ultra Lightweight race on a 400 Yamaha to be the first woman in history to win a race over the TT circuit, on the twentieth anniversary of women being allowed to compete in the Manx. I believe that they have been allowed to compete in the TT for considerably longer than that but not necessarily in all classes.

Well done to Carolyn.

Andrew

Advertisement

#2 fil2.8

fil2.8

• 19,496 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 19:30

Well done to her :clap: :clap: indeed , what an achievement :up: :kiss:

#3 MoMurray

MoMurray

• 738 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 04:09

Not nostalgia I know guys but it will be one day.

I listened to the Manx Grand Prix commentary whilst working on the PC today and heard history being made. Carolyn Sells won the Ultra Lightweight race on a 400 Yamaha to be the first woman in history to win a race over the TT circuit, on the twentieth anniversary of women being allowed to compete in the Manx. I believe that they have been allowed to compete in the TT for considerably longer than that but not necessarily in all classes.

Well done to Carolyn.

Andrew

I read on another site that she actually competed in that race twenty years ago. What a fantastic achievement for her and for our sport. Well done to her and to all who supported her.

Mo

#4 GD66

GD66

• 2,237 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 04:59

And also to Ryan Farquhar for lapping at over 110 mph in winning the Senior on the Paton, woohoo ! :eek:

#5 tofu

tofu

• 6 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 10:57

Beryl Swain was the first woman to compete in the TT. She finished 22nd in the 1962 50cc race on an Itom.

Hilary Musson competed in the 1978 F3 TT, you can read about her at http://www.ttwebsite...usson/index.htm

Edited by tofu, 05 September 2009 - 11:30.