Photo

Lester MG 5 EME

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Bob Allen

Bob Allen

• 1 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 23:25

In September 2006 there were various discussions on the Lester MG 5 EME. I now own this vehicle and it has been completely restored with an aluminium 50's style body but still retaining its original chassis and all of its original running gear. The enginine is an MG XPAG unit bored to 1467cc using a Laystall head in the same manner as the engines that Harry Lester himself prepared. I still race the car and in fact returned from Donington today where the car was raced in a 50's sportscar event.

I would desperately like to contact crossle51f who owned the car and then sold it on to Arthur Carter. I would dearly like to know its racing history from September 1956 when it crashed at Prescott hillclimb whilst being driven by PHG Cottrell ( I beleive) The fibre glass coupe body was pretty badly damaged. Was the Falcon/Ashley? body fitted at this time.

Just for information I know of quite a few Lester MG's that are regisered with the MG car club and ther are a small number that still race on a regular basis. Again just for information this years Goodwood Revival meeting is hosting ten MG specials in the Madgwick Cup one of which is 5 EME.

Any help would really be appreciated, Thanks.