Photo

Is it easy for race fans to attend UK meetings?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ff1600

ff1600

• 146 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 02:54

Question? I live in the USA and have wondered if it is easy for the race fans in G.B. to attend the races? I have been to 2 F1 races France 88 and Italy 07. Italy was easier to get to once I go the hang of it but if I had not been with a group France 88 would have been very hard to do. There are a couple race tracks close to my house 1. 3 hours away by car and the other 1 1/2 by car. But they don't have what I want to see. When I raced FF1600 it was 1 1/2 hr. to one track, 3 hr. to a couple and 5 hr. to the last. I have been reading Autosport for a number of years now and it seems like there is a ton of club racing almost every weekend.

Advertisement

#2 john aston

john aston

• 2,700 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 07:11

Question? I live in the USA and have wondered if it is easy for the race fans in G.B. to attend the races? I have been to 2 F1 races France 88 and Italy 07. Italy was easier to get to once I go the hang of it but if I had not been with a group France 88 would have been very hard to do. There are a couple race tracks close to my house 1. 3 hours away by car and the other 1 1/2 by car. But they don't have what I want to see. When I raced FF1600 it was 1 1/2 hr. to one track, 3 hr. to a couple and 5 hr. to the last. I have been reading Autosport for a number of years now and it seems like there is a ton of club racing almost every weekend.

The simple answer is that if you live in the Midlands or South of England race tracks are fairly common.Further North and West longer drives are involved but ,for example, where I live in Yorkshire- North-I have one circuit 20 minutes away(Croft) and Cadwell Park, Donington,Oulton Park, Mallory Park and Silverstone 2- 3 hours drive away.And between April and October there are events every weekend, often providing brilliant racing, but apart from Touring Car crashfests, spectators are often outnumbered by drivers.