McLaren M1B

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 R.P. Howard

R.P. Howard

• 2 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 22:19

Hi All:

I just came across this forum and am hoping that someone might have a line on some information. We are presently restoring a Mclaren M1b. This is a "project car" that does not have the Elva frame ID plate. We have been able to trace it back to an owner who say's that when he had it, It was badged as a 1969 Chinook F5000 #001. I have heard that the Fejer brothers (who owned Chinook in Toronto) sometimes started with an older car and then rebuilt/modified it into a Chinook.

I have two questions:

1. Does anyone know how to get in contact with Rudy Fejer?

2. Does anybody have any knowledge of a M1b that was converted into a Chinook F5000 car?

Thanks for any help

Advertisement

#2 RickT

RickT

• 65 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 09:31

Hi There

I have recently restored two Chinook Can-Am cars and have also done a lot of research into the Chinook marque. Rudy Fejer is still alive and well and we reunited him with the Mk5 Can-Am car at a Mosport Vintage meeting last year.

All of the Chinook's (Can-Am, F5000, Indy, FF, FV, FB,etc) were purpose built Chinook cars with the exception of just one of the F5000's which was actually a converted Lola Indycar. Two Canadian McLaren Can-Am owners replaced damaged McLaren panels with Chinook bodywork, but they were never badged as Chinooks, and both are now restored back to McLaren specs.

I have plenty of info and photos of your F5000 Chinook, and the M1B parts so let me know if you need any help. We can also supply many parts for the M1B model having restored several of them here in our shop.

If you look up our website www dot Autotuneuk dot com, you will find some Chinook and McLaren photos and our contact details.

Kind Regards
Richard Taylor

#3 R.P. Howard

R.P. Howard

• 2 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 14:53

Hi There

I have recently restored two Chinook Can-Am cars and have also done a lot of research into the Chinook marque. Rudy Fejer is still alive and well and we reunited him with the Mk5 Can-Am car at a Mosport Vintage meeting last year.

All of the Chinook's (Can-Am, F5000, Indy, FF, FV, FB,etc) were purpose built Chinook cars with the exception of just one of the F5000's which was actually a converted Lola Indycar. Two Canadian McLaren Can-Am owners replaced damaged McLaren panels with Chinook bodywork, but they were never badged as Chinooks, and both are now restored back to McLaren specs.

I have plenty of info and photos of your F5000 Chinook, and the M1B parts so let me know if you need any help. We can also supply many parts for the M1B model having restored several of them here in our shop.

If you look up our website www dot Autotuneuk dot com, you will find some Chinook and McLaren photos and our contact details.

Kind Regards
Richard Taylor